Xbox 360 Real Arcade Pro. EX-SE $83.78

Damn, that's an incredible price! I got this stick for 79.99 on a lightning deal just over a year ago, great quality stick. Can't believe they put it up at this price, just over one year later!

Absolutely great price for a quality stick. Considering that Seimitsu is one of the few competitors to Sanwa you don't have to worry about swapping out the parts in this to get quality. (I personally prefer Seimitsu to Sanwa anyway)

The single downside to this stick is that it doesn't appear to be common-ground. (according to a quick google search worth of SRK threads) For those unaware, that means the PCB inside this stick can't be used in a dual-mod configuration.

To sum it up, if you don't mind having a stick for only 360 this is a great price for the quality you get. Hell even if that's a concern, you could always buy a $20 or so 360 fightpad and solder it in to gain common ground functionality.

Honestly, I know a n00bish question, but since I have nearly all fighters available on 360 how does it compare to the Tournament Edition stick?

[quote name='bardockkun']Honestly, I know a n00bish question, but since I have nearly all fighters available on 360 how does it compare to the Tournament Edition stick?[/QUOTE]

Eh. Between this and the Fightstick TE is entirely a matter of preference. The TE's buttons are FAR more sensitive (you can't really rest your fingers on the buttons themselves without triggering em) though this is a feature many like. The seimitsu buttons are different in that they take a bit more effort / force / pressure before they trigger. (ie once they're pushed in is when they register.) The seimitsu stick is much the same way in that it offers more resistance, thus taking a little more force to move. It's also a question of which button layout you perfer. That of the TE or of the EX-SE.

If you're interested in the differences between sanwa and seimitsu, I'd highly recommend heading over to Shoryuken forums. It's pretty easy to find a thread there detailing the differences in use between the two brands.

I have this stick and it's great, though I don't play fighters (I have a copy of SSFIV, but haven't opened it.) It's fantastic for 2D shooters and classics. You can switch it between 8 way and 4 way, the latter being awesome for Pac-Mac CE and many other classics.

Awesome stick. Got it for about $60.00 last year from some third party vendor on buy.com. Don't think it'll ever be that price again.

Ehhh... temptation so great... down a bit to $81.46

Anybody ever use one of these with their PC? Thinking about using it for both 360 and a future MAME machine.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Eh. Between this and the Fightstick TE is entirely a matter of preference. The TE's buttons are FAR more sensitive (you can't really rest your fingers on the buttons themselves without triggering em) though this is a feature many like. The seimitsu buttons are different in that they take a bit more effort / force / pressure before they trigger. (ie once they're pushed in is when they register.) The seimitsu stick is much the same way in that it offers more resistance, thus taking a little more force to move. It's also a question of which button layout you perfer. That of the TE or of the EX-SE.

If you're interested in the differences between sanwa and seimitsu, I'd highly recommend heading over to Shoryuken forums. It's pretty easy to find a thread there detailing the differences in use between the two brands.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Thought it over and looked around and figured might as well get the Real Arcade Pro stick. Price is right and I like the bit more of resistance in the buttons.

Eh, in for one. Really wanted a stick with a 4-way gate option for Pac Man CE: DX, and the Seimitsu is going to be great for Raiden Fighters Aces. This is going to be very hard to explain to my wife, who is normally very supportive of my gaming habit... this puts the total # of sticks in the house at 6... they reproduce like bunnies...

It is presumably PC compatible, but for some reason the 360 controller driver for Mac doesn't recognize this controller. Only matters if you're running games in Mac OS, but there you go. I think it's possible to modify the driver to support it, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

[quote name='thefearsomefearful']Eh, in for one. Really wanted a stick with a 4-way gate option for Pac Man CE: DX, and the Seimitsu is going to be great for Raiden Fighters Aces. This is going to be very hard to explain to my wife, who is normally very supportive of my gaming habit... this puts the total # of sticks in the house at 6... they reproduce like bunnies...[/QUOTE]

You should buy two then, so you can have one set for 8 way and one for 4 way. ;) Actually, I've considered that, but I would have a hard time justifying a second one. :)

Seimitsu is good stuff but it all boils down to preference. I myself prefer sanwa parts. Seimitsu sticks to me feel like they have more resistance but less dead zone too. Resulting in a shorter throw or movement. Sanwa just feels smooth as butter though. I own sticks with both seimitsu and sanwa parts. This is a great price and I would not hesitate if you were looking for a quality stick with seimitsu parts.

i bought one of the SF4 MadCatz ones from Gamestop today, read the reviews, found this post...i then returned the MC one and ordered this one

i needed a good, durable fightstick that didnt need to be customized, and the amazon reviews were stellar

[quote name='trex908']Does anyone know if it is or isn't PC compatible as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it works with the PC but the stick is recognized as a POV hat, so you may need to use something like Joy2Key to remap directions to it in games that don't allow for custom joystick configuration.

Arrived today... man, I really like it. Switched the gate to 4-way and saw a great improvement on Pac Man DX (although I still generally suck- now its just entirely my fault, not the controls). It is also nice playing Raiden on an LS-32... I can see why shooter fans generally recommend them.

bread's done
Back