Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

lucky people who never purchased halo reach and got it free via this method. then being able to pick up both dlc packs for a good price is a win situation. charlie sheen would be proud of you right now, kiddos.

[quote name='intoxicated662']lucky people who never purchased halo reach and got it free via this method. then being able to pick up both dlc packs for a good price is a win situation. charlie sheen would be proud of you right now, kiddos.[/QUOTE]

I would call it bi winning personally :lol: I'm not a huge fan of Halo but if anyone wants to get some CAG matches going later this week add me.

Got my copy yesterday and it took just under 5 minutes for the update. But i can't notice any changes other than the beta channel which was there a few days before i got my disc

[quote name='Brenex']I would call it bi winning personally :lol: I'm not a huge fan of Halo but if anyone wants to get some CAG matches going later this week add me.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down, but I am downright AWFUL at this game. Such a noob!

I listed my copy of Halo Reach on eBay soon after signing up for the preview. I felt confident I'd get in. Also, I hadn't played the game in months. So, if I didn't have it anymore, I wouldn't lose any sleep. I ended up selling it for a little over $30.

Got my preview copy yesterday and played the game for maybe 2 hours. I never finished half the campaign last fall.

[quote name='solohunter']cool, thanks guys - where's a good place to trade in your copy? amazon?[/QUOTE]

No retail will be tking that trade.

[quote name='draven1089']No retail will be tking that trade.[/QUOTE]

sorry, i meant trade in my actual copy of reach - which i can now get rid of because i have this copy

I probably missed it, but who is delivering the games?
UPS, FedEx, USPS?

So far no game/card in my Post Office box.

[quote name='KrizB']I probably missed it, but who is delivering the games?
UPS, FedEx, USPS?

So far no game/card in my Post Office box.[/QUOTE]

Mine was UPS in a manilla bubble mailer.

It's already been pulled down.

This listing (290555353043) has been removed, or this item is not available.
    • Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

[quote name='praxus07']For me it's the other way round. Got it at launch and I only play the campaign, but could honestly care less if they didn't even include multiplayer on ALL games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I will never play the multiplayer - and have used it in very very very few games that I own.

No problems so far on this end. Gonna install tomorrow and see how that goes. Not so sure if I wanna trade in my original copy of Reach anymore. I mean I could since I now technically have two copies but the beta copy is so bland. They could have at least given it a bit of art.

I still haven't tried it yet! Maybe this weekend. I'm too damn tired when the TV becomes free around 10 to start something new.

So where is the best place to print out a proper cover for the game? It doesn't have to be "official" as long as it looks cool.

FedEx called this morning, Post Office refused the package, had to change address.

The annoying part is that I was just at the PO yesterday and they were accepting packages from FedEx.

Have the beta forums gone up yet? Also is anyone having trouble with the game disc spinning full speed while the game is installed to the hard drive? My Xbox is silent whenever I play installed games, but it's loud as hell with this disc for some reason.

OK...I'm clueless when it comes to printing....how exactly do you get that printed out in exactly the same dimensions as the original cover? Got Photoshop, if it helps, but never really used it for anything other than taking red eye out of family photo's.........

[quote name='praxus07']OK...I'm clueless when it comes to printing....how exactly do you get that printed out in exactly the same dimensions as the original cover? Got Photoshop, if it helps, but never really used it for anything other than taking red eye out of family photo's.........[/QUOTE]

If your using windows DL the program UndercoverXP

It will do wonders for any covers you need to make and your printer should recognize the settings then. I tried this after gamestop sent me cases with no covers and it worked great. If you need help with it you can PM me.

you guys are messing with the "promo-ness" aspect of it

its a promotional game, save it in 2 years put it on eBay and it will be worth lot more $$$

No, that's a separate update which pops up when loading Netflix. This was a system update, not a game update. Didn't notice anything different..other than less ads :p

ran into a problem for the first time with the halo disk. After that update today, my saved progress is gone. :cry:....So mad, it was on legendary too. Damn. I can't trust this right now concerning starting a new campaign again.

[quote name='distinct101']ran into a problem for the first time with the halo disk. After that update today, my saved progress is gone. :cry:....So mad, it was on legendary too. Damn. I can't trust this right now concerning starting a new campaign again.[/QUOTE]

It might be the disc or it might not be. A few people in the Reach thread including myself, had this happen to them a month or two after launch.

I put the disc in and I didnt get an update or prompt or anything? Anyone else have this problem? The beta channel is on my dashboard but nothing works on it and it was their prior to getting and inserting beta disc.

[quote name='stonciddta']I put the disc in and I didnt get an update or prompt or anything? Anyone else have this problem? The beta channel is on my dashboard but nothing works on it and it was their prior to getting and inserting beta disc.[/QUOTE]

Are you in the disk group, or the live group?

[quote name='ucantcme69']Does anyone have the beta support number? Ran the update and now it wont connect to live yay[/QUOTE]
The sheet that came with the game has a website for feedback at http://connect.microsoft.com. The sheet lacks any further information to contact them with, so that website might be your best way of contacting them.

So....Has anyone had any issues with their dvd not working after using the beta disk and subsequent updates?

Asking because I'd just gotten my dvd drive replaced back in Dec, and it's been working flawlessly, until the beta disk. After I had that in my drive started giving me the open tray error, making really loud noises, and has now stopped reading disks almost completely. It won't read Revenge of the Fallen game disk at all now either.

Gave feedback on this issue, and they promptly sent me a UPS tag to send it in with a claim of "After you send the console to us for repair, you will receive a console within 10 days."

Wondering if this means whole new console, or rushed repair?

[quote name='praxus07']So....Has anyone had any issues with their dvd not working after using the beta disk and subsequent updates?

Asking because I'd just gotten my dvd drive replaced back in Dec, and it's been working flawlessly, until the beta disk. After I had that in my drive started giving me the open tray error, making really loud noises, and has now stopped reading disks almost completely. It won't read Revenge of the Fallen game disk at all now either.

Gave feedback on this issue, and they promptly sent me a UPS tag to send it in with a claim of "After you send the console to us for repair, you will receive a console within 10 days."

Wondering if this means whole new console, or rushed repair?
[/QUOTE]

that would suck if you have a Halo Reach slim, because I doubt they would send you the Halo Reach new slim back lol

bread's done
Back