Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got the code, but I try punching it in and it says it's invalid.[/QUOTE]

great, I was having that problem with some Windows phone prop codes

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got the code, but I try punching it in and it says it's invalid.[/QUOTE]

If you are copy + pasting it in on xbox.com, make sure there isnt a space after the code, otherwise it wont work untill you delete the space.

[quote name='The 7th Number']If you are copy + pasting it in on xbox.com, make sure there isnt a space after the code, otherwise it wont work untill you delete the space.[/QUOTE]
Ah sweet. That was it. Now I feel stupid, but thanks!

Just curious...anyone know if this is actually an exclusive item for the beta users, or is it the same as something already available? I think the map pack preorder gave you a flaming helmet for your avatar but don't know if it's the same thing as this.

[quote name='KingBroly']Got my code, got my helmet.[/QUOTE]

Got my old pineapple, got my old fiddle,
Sun's comin' up, I got Gribble, Gribble, Gribble,
Life ain't nothin' but a funny funny riddle,
Thank God I'm a country boy!

[quote name='Ronzilla']Just got an update that they WON'T repair or exchange it. They said it was hardware related and not software related. :cry: Thanks for the help though.[/QUOTE]

You filled out the report for the Hardware section? Originally I filled in the report for the software section, figuring it was caused by the software, ie Disk, but was told to refile under the Hardware issues form. Which I did. Funny thing is my report is still listed as active.....

No idea why mine got replaced and yours won't. Sounds like either the rep that serviced your request was a prick, or a mistake was made somewhere along the way. I would just keep refiling under the Hardware issues section till someone does the right thing.

[quote name='praxus07']You filled out the report for the Hardware section? Originally I filled in the report for the software section, figuring it was caused by the software, ie Disk, but was told to refile under the Hardware issues form. Which I did. Funny thing is my report is still listed as active.....

No idea why mine got replaced and yours won't. Sounds like either the rep that serviced your request was a prick, or a mistake was made somewhere along the way. I would just keep refiling under the Hardware issues section till someone does the right thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I submitted it under the "REPORT FORM: Console Failure". I just checked and now it looks like you can only submit feedback for "suggestions: xbox product" & "support: program inquiries". I don't know, is there something I'm missing?
eusa_think.gif

OK, just checked the connect site myself....It seems now that they've pushed the update through to the general public that they've gone and removed the beta program's report issues options for submitting feedback.

I'd try one last time and submit a report to the "support: program inquiries". Explain that you were a beta tester, what happened to your xbox because of the beta disk, that you sent in your xbox, and that you received it back unfixed. I'll pm you with a cut and paste of what I wrote on my last report.....

[quote name='mig0']Isn't this the same helmet from gamestop if you pre-ordered the noble map pack?[/QUOTE]

Yeah GameStops preorders are becoming less and less exclusive

I think developers are fighting back since they get NO piece of the USED game sales

Well its not so much that... its that I already have the avatar helmet :D ... would've preferred something else. Are these transferrable? I hope so...

Just wondering if anyone has sold there Xbox Preview Halo Reach discs? I have a retail copy so I rather get rid of the Preview copy.

[quote name='DomLando']Just wondering if anyone has sold there Xbox Preview Halo Reach discs? I have a retail copy so I rather get rid of the Preview copy.[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping my copy since it's the only copy I have, lol.

If anyone is wanting to trade their copy, send me a PM with some things you are looking for. My CML is pretty out of date since I dont use it anymore.

If anyone who was in the preview program is looking to get rid of their copy of Reach I'd be willing to pay a little bit for it. Looking for another copy to play with my girlfriend. :)

Just got an email saying this update test was officially over. But thought id bring this to your attention.

Q. Can I use my Preview Halo Reach Disc in another console?
A. Yes, this disc is compatible with any console that has received the latest update and is running Dashboard Version 2.0.13146 or higher.

Just wondering if anyone sold their beta copy, and how much did you get for it? Was thinking of putting mine on Clist for $25....

[quote name='praxus07']Just wondering if anyone sold their beta copy, and how much did you get for it? Was thinking of putting mine on Clist for $25....[/QUOTE]

Sold my retail copy for $25 (and convinced my buddy to give me his box art so I can use), it'll be a hard sell to get someone to buy the beta copy (minus the Reach case) considering it has a warning label on it...regardless if they updated their console on XBL or not. Good luck though.

Seems that the latest Reach update killed the preview disc, so MS is sending out codes for the Games on Demand version. That's a pretty cool way to rectify this issue.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Seems that the latest Reach update killed the preview disc, so MS is sending out codes for the Games on Demand version. That's a pretty cool way to rectify this issue.[/QUOTE]

Yup I got the email also :applause:
Hope people who participated aren't just going through their email messages and deleting them.

I got the email as well. I haven't played Reach since the preview update, so I had no idea there was a problem. I feel bad for anyone who bought the discs after preview, when they were still working.

And it looks like people are already trying to trade them off...

I got the email as well. I'm wondering what happened here. Guessing this is their way of killing all the preview discs that were sold.

I kept mine, and gave away the retail disc. Not too happy about having to take a 7GB chunk out of my hard drive, but they could've just said screw it and not given me anything.

Kudos to Microsoft for taking the high road.

[quote name='preston181']Kudos to Microsoft for taking the high road.[/QUOTE]

I can't pat Microsoft on the back too much here. This is exactly why companies want to go all digital. Aside from killing the resale market, when screw ups like this happen, it costs them NOTHING to fix it. I'm down to about 9GB on my 120GB hard drive, so this really doesn't do much for me. I guess it's "nice of them", but let's not kid ourselves. This "act of generosity" has no effect on Microsoft.

So these codes are just a way for me to download the "games on demand" version for free and i dont need the disc anymore? Halo reach code for sale!... LOL Nah, but seriously i dont plan on playing this game ever again really. Just because the maps are horrible. But i wouldnt mind trading the code for maybe some gears 3 DLC.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I can't pat Microsoft on the back too much here. This is exactly why companies want to go all digital. Aside from killing the resale market, when screw ups like this happen, it costs them NOTHING to fix it. I'm down to about 9GB on my 120GB hard drive, so this really doesn't do much for me. I guess it's "nice of them", but let's not kid ourselves. This doesn't affect them at all.[/QUOTE]

I didn't especially like giving up the space either, but they could've just told us we were SOL, and made us go buy the game if we wanted to continue playing.

How the heck did you use all that space? I too have the 120GB hard drive, and I still have 30GB left after this download. And I have quite a bit of DLC, games on demand, installed games, and Arcade games.

One way to make room would be to get rid of downloaded video content, as you can stream them now. Also, you can transfer saves to a USB stick. Plus, there's always the upcoming cloud storage.

I still say Microsoft handled this in a good way, and they were quick at replacing our free copies of a game we got free to begin with.

Well my 20gb HD is already filled to max, along with my poor lil 8gb usb drive, but at least now I can go trade in my retail copy of Reach and always know I'll be able to download it again if I ever want to replay it. +1 to MS.

Might give the code to one of my nephews... or trade it for something else.

Only tried Reach once or twice, got all these achievements now because thats what they played when coming over.

[quote name='preston181']How the heck did you use all that space? I too have the 120GB hard drive, and I still have 30GB left after this download. And I have quite a bit of DLC, games on demand, installed games, and Arcade games.[/QUOTE]

4+ years worth of Rock Band DLC, haha.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So these codes are just a way for me to download the "games on demand" version for free and i dont need the disc anymore? Halo reach code for sale!... LOL Nah, but seriously i dont plan on playing this game ever again really. Just because the maps are horrible. But i wouldnt mind trading the code for maybe some gears 3 DLC.[/QUOTE]

You could always throw it on ebay. I'm going to download my copy though. I haven't played too much of Reach but having it on the HDD is nice!

Could someone please tell me the subject line for the email? I can't seem to find it in my mailbox. I was wondering what the deal was when I tried the disc and it wouldn't work the other day.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Could someone please tell me the subject line for the email? I can't seem to find it in my mailbox. I was wondering what the deal was when I tried the disc and it wouldn't work the other day.[/QUOTE]

"Resolution to the Halo: Reach Public Preview title update issue"

[quote name='sp00ge']"Resolution to the Halo: Reach Public Preview title update issue"[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot! Still haven't gotten it, hopefully it'll be in my mail tmw.

bread's done
Back