Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience

· Xbox LIVE Update – The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.
· Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

Got in without being a gold member and seems both groups get the Halo Reach disc. Score one for MS!

[quote name='Brenex']Got in without being a gold member and seems both groups get the Halo Reach disc. Score one for MS![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was open to LIVE Free members as well.

[quote name='SpudimusPrime89']Yeah, it was open to LIVE Free members as well.[/QUOTE]

I know that, this is why I make mention of it:

While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.

[quote name='betterdayz']so one gets a update via live and one gets a update via cd is this ryt and is that all thats diff[/QUOTE]
Yep.

The LIVE group gets the update off of Xbox LIVE, and a copy of Halo Reach is sent to him or her.

The Disc group gets the update off of the Halo Reach disc when he or she receives the game.

[quote name='Kiros1']I'm in! Another copy of Reach to sell! :p That'll make for three copies so far.[/QUOTE]

You should give it a chance if you haven't played it yet, the campaign is amazing. I don't care much for the multiplayer personally.

[quote name='betterdayz']so one gets a update via live and one gets a update via cd is this ryt and is that all thats diff[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're just getting the updates different ways. They saw that it'll allow them to get unique scenarios and better testing coverage, but we should all get the same features.

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience

Yay I guess. Wonder how the whole Reach disc thing is going to work. If it's made to only work during a specified window or be a full legitimate copy.

Del just won Reach! *Retro FF fanfare, COMMENCE!!* >:D

I was also silver. Thanks MS! I could have hacked you, but I only need to have a hacked Wii; you know, the white brick of noobiness? XD.

I am still a Sony boy at heart, though. Btw, anyone hyped for Rockman/Megaman Legends 3? I might actually buy a 3DS now :0

PM ME FOR A CHAT

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I didn't get any sort of email updating me on whether I was in the program, but I just checked the site and...

"YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience"

fuck yeah.[/QUOTE]

Glad I saw someone posted in this thread and saw that you siad what you did. I forgot all about this and have got no email. Just checked and it said I am in the live group. Hell with the BS all going on at work I forgot even what was being tested.

How are you guys finding out if you got in? Are you getting the update through the dash, or did you receive an e-mail? I was on around 6pm EST and didn't receive an update or notification....

Check the site in the OP, Aporter. I didn't receive any email, which made me think I didn't get in, but I figured I'd check the original site and it tells you whether you've been accepted.

No update through the dashboard yet.

DISC TEAM RULES

LIVE TEAM SUCKS

haters_gonna_hate_8bit.gif

I'm a Silver member so I thought I didn't have much of a chance. But I got in, Group Membership - Live. Now just waiting on an update about the disk shipping. :D Been in ever Preview Program so this is nice.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Sorry, Live team can't hear you over the sound of how awesome we are.[/QUOTE]

so awesome that you more than likely get the update after us :bouncy:

[quote name='clickpow']so awesome that you more than likely get the update after us :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
How would we get it after you? Live team gets the update through Xbox Live, while disk team updates using the new Halo: Reach disk.
So in other words,
Live > Disk ;3

I'm in the LIVE audience. Suh-weet!!

No email, tho. I just logged into the site and saw my update. Gotta go log onto Live now and see if I can see the beta channel.

[quote name='OddFull Metal']How would we get it after you? Live team gets the update through Xbox Live, while disk team updates using the new Halo: Reach disk.
So in other words,
Live > Disk ;3[/QUOTE]

I misread his comma placement. I am live as well =) :booty::bouncy:

No email...but I'm in the LIVE audience.

Looks like Reach's trade-in value on Amazon is $25.25 if anyone has a copy already they want to get rid of.

bread's done
Back