Xbox 360™ Wireless Network Adapter for $50 @ Kmart YMMV

Ejaywillie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I went to Kmart today to buy a 360 hd while there I notice the sign of the deal. I bought one. I don't know if it was only my kmart, but just give them a call before making the journey there. (sorry if it's a repost)

[quote name='umcthomas']I hate to be a naysayer, but I found a dwl-G80 Ethernet gaming adapter at CompUSA for $50 (after rebate of course). It’s really an Ethernet bridge that is pretending to be only for gaming devices. I like it because it works on any Ethernet ready machine through the Ethernet ports. I use it on my PS2 and my computer running Linux. If any of you have tried to set up a Linux machine with a wireless dongle or a wireless card then you know it’s a pain.

In short, if you want to be sure that your wireless device can be used for several gaming systems/other computing devices, I would suggest one of these bridges. If all you have is an X-Box 360 and will wait until the next generations of consoles come out to need other wireless devices, maybe the 360 adapter will be good for you.

Good Gaming,

[font=&quot]umcthomas[/font][/QUOTE]

It would seem the Official adaptor is overpriced, but when you take into account that is compatible with a b & g WIFI standards as well as 2.4 & 5.4 GHZ bands it better justifies the price. There are no wireless network bridges with such a range of compability out there for less than $100...

I grabbed two at my locak K-Mart. I figured one of my friends may need/want one, if not, its going on ebay. Thanks OP!

[quote name='skulls dont fade']anyone verify that this still applies for today?[/QUOTE]

as of 8:40am this morning, price was still 49.99 @ KMart in Gaithersburg, MD

Thanks OP, i've been wanting one of these but didn't want to pay $100...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:(

Kmart in Norristown, PA had nothing :(

Im really upset by this :(

Edit: Eagleville, PA also doesnt have any, yet they do have a HDD

Edit 2: Willowgrove, PA ALSO doesnt have any.

Looks like I'm not getting one :bomb:

[font=&quot] [quote name='Ace2001']It would seem the Official adaptor is overpriced, but when you take into account that is compatible with a b & g WIFI standards as well as 2.4 & 5.4 GHZ bands it better justifies the price. There are no wireless network bridges with such a range of capability out there for less than $100...[/QUOTE]
[/font][font=&quot]
True, the one I got is b&g and 2.4. Both it and the XBox360 ones "retail" for $100. I'm all for people getting the 360 one if that's what they want, but if there are people out there who may want to move this wireless connection around (esp. to Linux machines) then I would suggest the bridge. Actually, I am going to stop by Kmart later today to see if they have any of these in stock b/c I've got friends that will want it b/c they are crazy about having official accessories.[/font]
-U

[font=&quot] [quote name='Ace2001']It would seem the Official adaptor is overpriced, but when you take into account that is compatible with a b & g WIFI standards as well as 2.4 & 5.4 GHZ bands it better justifies the price. There are no wireless network bridges with such a range of capability out there for less than $100...[/QUOTE]
[/font][font=&quot]
True, the one I got is b&g and 2.4. Both it and the XBox360 ones "retail" for $100. I'm all for people getting the 360 one if that's what they want, but if there are people out there who may want to move this wireless connection around (esp. to Linux machines) then I would suggest the bridge. Actually, I am going to stop by Kmart later today to see if they have any of these in stock b/c I've got friends that will want it b/c they are crazy about having official accessories.[/font]
-U

Well, since I couldnt get the Microsoft one, looks like I'll be ordering this one later.

And it should work fine with my 360, and I wont see any hiccups from being on a wireless?

Thanks again Thomas for pointing this out.

Well, I read about this AGAIN last night. Seeing 3 people who'd gotten the deal, I broke down and went after dinner. (Forgot on the way home, so made a special trip out.)

When I got there, I couldn't find the 360 section. PS2, Xbox, etc... everything in the glass case. So I'm like, guess they don't even HAVE anything. Then I found a gondala (one of those Microsoft cardboard displays they setup for Xboxes. It had games, accessories, etc. Took me second to find the adapter, seemed to be the last one. Then I walked around and around before finding the official tag. Sure enough, it was listed $99. So when I walked over to the guy working the department, I prefaced my question... "Sorry to bug ya, but I hear these are ringing up at $49.99." He scanned it, sure enough... $49.99. I said "Sold", and went through the credit card rig-a-mo-role. ;)

Frankly, despite having the bag right beside my computer desk, I still can't believe I got it for $50. I told some gamestop employees last night, so they are going to love for them today. That, and they were impressed with the Halo LE for $5, that I got here for $15 shipped... and that came before the weekend after a good guy hooked me up! :)

Way to go CheapAssGamers! My wallet may not thank you, but I sure do! :D

I'm going to try it out today. Good motivation to finally go wireless.

Would the Official Microsoft Adapter conflict with my DWL-G820, if I were to put them both within 5 feet of each other

I cant believe no Kmart im my area has any, but you guys are finding them :whistle2:(

Someone call me a waaaaaaambulance.

EDIT: Just thought of something, cant I get a raincheck on the adapter and wait till they get it in, thus getting it for 49.99?

Anyone try one of these on their Laptop or PC yet? Just curious if they work as it might be a good alternative since it is A,B & G coverage.

Great, Kmart is giving out no rainchecks.

Looks like no wireless adapter for me...

Im passing on that Dlink one from CompUSA due to the low reviews it has online.

Picked up the last two at the Plymouth, MI location. My buddy and I are now in wireless heaven. Thanks Ejaywillie!!!

Damn, all sold out at my Kmart. If anyone wants to hook one up for $50 + tax + shipping, please pm me.

Sweet. Was able to find 1 at a local Kmart. What a joke of a store though...took the manager like 10+ minutes just to figure out how to open the glass case where all their videogame stuff is.

I bought a Motorola wireless ethernet bridge at Game Crazy for $29.99. Works great. It does take some setup, but if you're a true "Cheap Ass", then it's worth it. ;)

An advantage of using an ethernet bridge is you're not taking up an extra USB port on your Xbox360; you're using the port that is made specifically for networking, the ethernet port. Plus, the ethernet bridge works with any game console (such as the original Xbox).

Besides the possible ease of setup with the USB adapter, I don't see anything that would warrant such a price difference.

I got the last one at the kmart in puyallup,wa. Tag said $100 but it rang up for $50. It wasn't in a glass case though. They had it out on the shelf. Thanks op.

Thanks Ejaywillie!

I got the last one in Bloomington IL, the guys there were real cool and held it for me since im 25 miles from there. The one in Pontiac IL didnt have any.

Good luck guys its for real!

Got me two: took one to WM for a 100 gift card.

Does it work on PCs?

Does it take up a USB port on the front of the 360?

Thanks

[quote name='BREVITY']Got me two: took one to WM for a 100 gift card.

Does it work on PCs?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Put on your flamesut buddy.

To the guy who bought both of them from my store, and then proceded to ask me about other local K-Mart's: I don't care what you're doing with them, you could at least be a bit more friendly to other CAG's. I even said "Heard about this through the internet, huh?", thought that would have prompted some sort of CAG talk. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you were in a hurry, but I love meeting other CAG's since I love to help them so much.

This is how the shipment of routers works for all K-Mart's: A few days ago, we received a HUGE display full of Xbox and Xbox 360 accessories. This is what all K-Mart's got stocked up on, and the display shipped with EXACTLY two wireless routers, so each K-Mart only received two. A majority of K-Mart's threw the display in the garbage and put the accessories in the cases, some lazy ones probably did not, so it dosen't hurt to ask.

We're not expecting a replenishment anytime soon as a corporation, so what's out there is what's out there. It took us long enough to receive the accessories in the first place :lol:

I would have responded to this alot earlier but I have been busy with work and the girlfriend, but I hope I've cleared this up a bit. I'm not sure if rainchecks are allowed but give it a shot, I will actually go back to work and try to raincheck it and see if it lets me.

Does it work on PCs?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Use it on the usb port on the back of your 360 since it has to clips to hold it in place on the back.

Thanks, OP, and all those who confirmed. I wasn't going to buy this, but this is too good of a deal to pass up. There was one left at the Martinez, GA K-Mart.

So basically I have 0 chance of getting this then roufus? (All my Kmarts in the area said they didnt have it)

As far as rainchecks go, my local Kmarts said if it's not in the ad, they can not give me a raincheck. :wall:

Is this thing dead as of today (Sunday)?

I bought one of these @ BB 2 days ago with a rebate check but if I could get one for $50 I'll just return it back @ BB for the $100.

Does it work on PCs?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

No I dont think its over since I just got back from K-Mart and bought uno. 49.99 just like OP said too good of a deal since I hate my Linksys one I have now.

Bought one today myself as well. My K-mart didn't even have any 360 stuff displayed except for perfect dark. No accessories at all.:roll:

bread's done
Back