Xbox 360™ Wireless Network Adapter for $50 @ Kmart YMMV

Ejaywillie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I went to Kmart today to buy a 360 hd while there I notice the sign of the deal. I bought one. I don't know if it was only my kmart, but just give them a call before making the journey there. (sorry if it's a repost)

FYI those people are lazy.

Called and asked if they had any in. Got a "no sorry."

Walked in one hour later just for kicks. And they had them easy to find.
Asked the dude about it he said, "Oh, that's what you were talking about."
lol

[quote name='mario23air']Is this "sale" ove or what?[/QUOTE]

I really don't think this is a sale. I think it's K-Mart incompetance.

[quote name='Draccius']I really don't think this is a sale. I think it's K-Mart incompetance.[/QUOTE]

Wrong, it is a sale, it runs up under ADV which is their code for a sale. I'm not sure on the dates on the sale - I will check it when I go back to work on Tuesday. I didn't check to see if a raincheck could be made, but I'm 95% sure it can be.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wrong, it is a sale, it runs up under ADV which is their code for a sale. I'm not sure on the dates on the sale - I will check it when I go back to work on Tuesday. I didn't check to see if a raincheck could be made, but I'm 95% sure it can be.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, then. Hopefully you can find some way for people to get a raincheck. It would be nice for more people to have the opportunity to get in on this deal.

Anybody try to pricematch this anywhere? I'm thinking about going to Best Buy to try, I don't want to drive 20 mins to go and check. Best Buy Pricematches places within 30 miles right?

went and picked mine up for 52.99 (ther's 6% tax here in pa ) a few minutes ago. they only had one left . hopefully this one will work better than the linksis wireless b ethernet bridge i was using

Wouldnt the store have to have it in stock for you to price match?

Also, I know you work their roufuss, but I dont know why 2 different Kmarts shut down my raincheck suggestion.

Mehh, its all good though, I dont need one ;-)

[quote name='Shayde']Anybody try to pricematch this anywhere? I'm thinking about going to Best Buy to try, I don't want to drive 20 mins to go and check. Best Buy Pricematches places within 30 miles right?[/QUOTE]

It's not in an advertisement though, is it?

Minnesota check-in here.

New Hope - 2 Transferred to another store (Unknown who the lucky store is)
Minnetonka - 1 left, being held til 6 pm by someone that called in earlier today.
Minneapolis - They don't speak English in the Electronics dept.
Burnsville - None left.
Dundas - 2 (Being held for me!)

[quote name='Draccius']I stand corrected, then. Hopefully you can find some way for people to get a raincheck. It would be nice for more people to have the opportunity to get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's on sale, it should be just liking making all the other rainchecks. I'll definately try tommorrow, but for the majority of you you'll run into stubborn k-mart employees and idiots who don't even know how to do rainchecks.

AFAIK, this wasn't in an advertisement.

Just picked one up for $49.99 in Florida. The KMart in Fort Pierce has two left as of 3:00 pm. Thanks

So now that I have the Microsoft Wireless Network Adapter for my Xbox 360, I was wondering if it would be up to the task of streaming video with my Windows Media Center Edition PC. A buddy tried doing this with his 802.11g network, and had trouble... as did I when using a wireless adapter on my PC. So I had gone back to wired networking on both the PC and Xbox 360.

However, doing some reading, I found 802.11a is recommended for Windows Media Center networking, using Media Extender setups, etc. Doing some more reading, I found a interesting unit here...

http://netgear.com/products/details/WGU624.php

Besides having basically everything I needed, I found they were available cheap when refurbished by Netgear and sold here...

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/wgu624uk.html

$34.95 shipped UPS Ground with no tax. Not a bad deal if you ask me, and it says it's Xbox compatible. So I'm looking forward to trying this with my 360 and home network, and maybe finally having the strong, fast coverage I've been hoping for quite some time.

I'm in Medina, OH.. and hit up the 3 Super Kmarts out here and picked up
6 of these things. Anyone .. drop me a message if you're looking
for one. Thanx

Just picked one up at a Kmart here in Indy... for $49.99 and added a candy bar & used the $10 off of $50 coupon that's available for using a Sears card. Not sure the Sears Card would have been required though as she scanned that and never looked at what card I was using for payment.

There was at least one left at the store. I had to hunt down the 360 accessories as they had them in a different location from all other gaming accessories.

[quote name='sniper308']Just picked one up at a Kmart here in Indy... for $49.99 and added a candy bar & used the $10 off of $50 coupon that's available for using a Sears card. Not sure the Sears Card would have been required though as she scanned that and never looked at what card I was using for payment.

There was at least one left at the store. I had to hunt down the 360 accessories as they had them in a different location from all other gaming accessories.[/QUOTE]
Which one was this? I only know of one Kmart location in town.

Rainchecks are possible, I did it myself at my own store, and printed out two for myself.

For some odd reason, it dosen't come up with the dates for the sale, but it DOES come up with Xbox 360 Ethernet blah blah $49.99 - $99.99 @ 50%.

I bought one using the $10 coupon at the Kissimmee, FL store. They had one more, but a coworker of mine is heading over there now to get it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Which one was this? I only know of one Kmart location in town.[/QUOTE]

Emerson and Thompson on the South Side... but there are several Kmarts in Indy

I went to 2 different K-Marts and nothing. Oh well, I guess I'll have to use the 50ft ethernet cable I've been using.

[quote name='IcyDeath']I'm in Medina, OH.. and hit up the 3 Super Kmarts out here and picked up
6 of these things. Anyone .. drop me a message if you're looking
for one. Thanx[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

I went to the one K-Mart left in my area and they were sold out. Although they had the regular price sticker @ $109.99.

I went down the road to what used to be another K-Mart but was turned into a Sears Essentials without my knowledge. So I didn't bother going in.

Sucks cuz I just bought one of these things @ BB like 4 days ago for $99.99 with RZ certs and BB Bucks. :(

[quote name='sniper308']Emerson and Thompson on the South Side... but there are several Kmarts in Indy[/QUOTE]
Oh, right...thanks. I was only familiar with the one south of Conseco. The other one I drove by up on 86th and Michigan closed a while ago.

Actually, $50 is reasonable for what you're getting. The 360 Wireless adapter is of the A/B/G type, not just B/G like most wireless adapter/cards. I hear tale that comparable cards for the C sell for around $60, y'see. Also, it's guaranteed not to cause interference with the wireless pads, though I don't know if any other adapter/cards would actually do that. It's small and looks cool too. I like mine a lot.

Saw a bunch at my local K-Mart which I had a hell of a time finding because I didn't know they changed to Sears Essentials a couple of months back, I was like "WTF NO WAY HOW IN THE HELL" then I asked for a price check on the wireless adapters, $99.99.

I must also thank the OP. I found the last one at the Super Kmart in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Price checked and rung out at $49.99 + tax. FYI for anyone in SE Michigan, the White Lake and both Waterford (M-59 and Dixie Hwy) Kmarts don't have these. They have the 360 display box, but were already sold out of the adapters when I got there.

[quote name='Roufuss']Rainchecks are possible, I did it myself at my own store, and printed out two for myself.

For some odd reason, it dosen't come up with the dates for the sale, but it DOES come up with Xbox 360 Ethernet blah blah $49.99 - $99.99 @ 50%.[/QUOTE]

Hello, did everyone miss this?

Get the local K-Mart employees to make you a raincheck.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hello, did everyone miss this?

Get the local K-Mart employees to make you a raincheck.[/QUOTE]
They don't automatically put out the tickets like at Target I'm assuming especially since it's unadvertised. So what do they do? Scan the tag price and then give you a piece of paper?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']They don't automatically put out the tickets like at Target I'm assuming especially since it's unadvertised. So what do they do? Scan the tag price and then give you a piece of paper?[/QUOTE]

Explain to them that since it is a sale, you would like a raincheck. What they have to do is take their handheld scanner and input the item for a raincheck. Then, all they have to do is print out the actual raincheck through any cash register (the one in electronics can do it).

The hardest part is convincing the employees, but it IS a sale, and ALL sale items can be rainchecked. It's rainchecked at my store, so I know it can be done.

This may be a silly idea, but I'll ask anyway. Any reason you couldn't scan one of your rainchecks, post it here, and folks could print it out and take it in when K-Mart has network adapters back in stock?

Keep in mind, I got my 1 and I'm happy! :)

[quote name='merkman']This may be a silly idea, but I'll ask anyway. Any reason you couldn't scan one of your rainchecks, post it here, and folks could print it out and take it in when K-Mart has network adapters back in stock?

Keep in mind, I got my 1 and I'm happy! :)[/QUOTE]

It has my store information on it, they are probably going to wonder why you have a raincheck from a Florida store if you live way on the other side of the country. Plus, it could also jeopardize my job, if the wrong person got a hold of it, since it could be traced back to me.

I remember the Gamerush incidents, so I'm leary about going 110% with these things...

Went in NYC today and it rang up regular price of $115. Funny thing is that the manager there said he saw some stores have it for $50. So I went to my local one in Staten Island, and got it for $50 + tax. Im pissed that I forgot to use the $10 off coupon because I was just happy to get it at the low price. Maybe I'll try adjusting the price this weekend.

Roufass get this, I called up my local Kmart in hopes to pick one up if someone on this board needed one, and they tell me they dont have them in. So I say to the woman, well, how would I go about getting a raincheck. And she tells me one cant be done, and I explain to her it can, and she says they never got them in so they cant; despite the fact when I called last week the guy told me they were sold out of them, not that they never got them in.

Good question...I wonder if they have received more stock and they are still ringing up at $50...anyone know?

bread's done
Back