Product Features
  • Includes wireless receiver
  • Wireless 2.4 GHz technology - up to 30 foot range
  • Enhanced PC gaming and Xbox Live play
  • Integrated headset jack for PC headsets
  • For PC and Xbox 360
[/quote][quote name='Amazon']
What's in the Box
Wireless controller, receiver with cable, and product manual.
[/quote]

Amazing deal, I thought paying $45 shipped on eBay was good and that was AFTER an eBay coupon!

Shame I just gave one to my boyfriend today!

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']looks like its just the controller.. says with reciever its $57
Did it change?[/quote]
Product Features
  • For PC and Xbox 360

ok, i just want to ask. has anyone had troubles with these controllers? the one that came with my box works perfect.

I bought 1 of these w/ receiver from amazon and one from CC and both have had problems with the analog. when i play bioshock, the stick sticks tot the right and my character moves in that direction. plus, the analogs feel "tighter" on the one that came w/ the box. anyone having these problems?

Meh, $40 isn't that good of a deal.

I saw the wireless controller for Windows for $20 a few weeks ago being outletted on Amazon. Wish I would have jumped on it.

[quote name='panzerjedi']Not a deal, wrong item.[/quote]
Actually, its a very good deal since the wireless controller retails for $50 and the receiver retails for $20.

Seriously, why are you guys being douchebags? If you're in the market for a 360 controller and game on your PC than this is a real good deal.

[quote name='CheapyD']Actually, its a very good deal since the wireless controller retails for $50 and the receiver retails for $20.[/quote]

Unfortunately though, that does not appear to be this deal. Unless they have changed it since the OP wrote it (which is possible), the link is only for a wireless controller and on the Amazon page, right underneath the pic of the 360 controller,it is a different link and pic for the combo of the Windows reciever AND the controller for $59.98. When you first look, it might appear that the $39.99 was for both, but it is not.

No big deal. Thanks for trying.

[quote name='ajm1240']Unfortunately though, that does not appear to be this deal. Unless they have changed it since the OP wrote it (which is possible), the link is only for a wireless controller and on the Amazon page, right underneath the pic of the 360 controller,it is a different link and pic for the combo of the Windows reciever AND the controller for $59.98. When you first look, it might appear that the $39.99 was for both, but it is not.

No big deal. Thanks for trying.[/QUOTE]

Well, the product features says that it includes a wireless gaming receiver though. I remember there being some confusion over this in the past, and I'm pretty sure people received the receiver with this when it came.

Also
[quote name='Amazon']
What's in the Box
Wireless controller, receiver with cable, and product manual.[/quote]

Anyway, im merging this with the older thread.

[quote name='ajm1240']Unfortunately though, that does not appear to be this deal. Unless they have changed it since the OP wrote it (which is possible), the link is only for a wireless controller and on the Amazon page, right underneath the pic of the 360 controller,it is a different link and pic for the combo of the Windows reciever AND the controller for $59.98. When you first look, it might appear that the $39.99 was for both, but it is not.

No big deal. Thanks for trying.[/quote]

You are wrong link works fine, $39.99 shipped by amazon.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, the product features says that it includes a wireless gaming receiver though. I remember there being some confusion over this in the past, and I'm pretty sure people received the receiver with this when it came.[/quote]

Well that's pretty darn confusing ain't it? Damn Bezos! :bomb:

So the controller will still work on the 360 just fine, right? I can use this on my 360 like any of my other controllers, then use the receiver to use any of those controllers on my PC?

[quote name='Vcize']So the controller will still work on the 360 just fine, right? I can use this on my 360 like any of my other controllers, then use the receiver to use any of those controllers on my PC?[/quote]

Of course you can this is basically a normal 360 wireless controller with a bundled reciever that work for PC and maybe Mac(?) so it's a dual platform type of thing since you know how Microsoft's two main platforms are Xbox360 and PCs.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, the product features says that it includes a wireless gaming receiver though. I remember there being some confusion over this in the past, and I'm pretty sure people received the receiver with this when it came.[/quote]There was confusion about the "charging cable" listed in the description when this went on sale during the summer last year. That was a mistake on Amazon's part, one they've since corrected.

The receiver does come included in the product packaging, and it's marked as the "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows".

This is a great deal for anyone thinking about a 360 controller, as you're saving $10 off list price, not paying tax (for most CAGs) and not paying shipping, as well as getting a $20 receiver that allows you to use any of the MS 360 wireless accessories on the PC.

[quote name='moonphrogg']Just bought 2 at buy.com with GCO. Paid less than I would have for 1 at retail. Woohoo!!

---cancelled---

going back to amazon. . .[/QUOTE]

It was a good effort though.

I can't find the right link either. Both links ive seen show the pair as $59? Do I need to click on something else on the page.

[quote name='billybobjim']I can't find the right link either. Both links ive seen show the pair as $59? Do I need to click on something else on the page.[/quote]
Read the product features and whats in the box sections

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B000KA5T6A/

[quote name='Amazon']
Product Features
  • For PC and Xbox 360
[/quote][quote name='Amazon']
What's in the Box
Wireless controller, receiver with cable, and product manual.
[/quote]

[quote name='CheapyD']Actually, its a very good deal since the wireless controller retails for $50 and the receiver retails for $20.[/quote]

This product description is confusing. Especially when Amazon also lists the "Better Together" bundle.

I bought a 360 controller (not wireless) for my PC a while back and found that for whatever reason, the drivers don't support most games I own. They only seem to be compatible with "Games for Windows" branded games. So if you want to use a 360 controller on your older PC games, you'll have to look elsewhere for driver support.

In searching for 3rd party drivers, I did come across this page that might be useful, but I haven't tried installing the XBCD drivers yet:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33885775

[quote name='CheapyD']Read the product features and whats in the box sections

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B000KA5T6A/[/QUOTE]

I was wondering also, when I made the order, that I just bought a wireless pc controller for the pc for 40$, when all I should have done was ordering the wireless adapter for the pc, and saved 20$, but now I am ok, knowing that I just bought a wireless 360 controller with the adapter for use on my pc...a relief nonetheless .....

I recommend this bundle. I have the wireless adapter for the PC and I love it. Very easy to use and works well with MAME32. I also use a free program called Xpadder that extends the functionality of your controller to allow customized mappings (i.e. keyboard keys to controller buttons) for additional control over your PC. I personally use Xpadder to control my Home Theater PC and it works wonderfully.

[quote name='daphatty']I recommend this bundle. I have the wireless adapter for the PC and I love it. Very easy to use and works well with MAME32. I also use a free program called Xpadder that extends the functionality of your controller to allow customized mappings (i.e. keyboard keys to controller buttons) for additional control over your PC. I personally use Xpadder to control my Home Theater PC and it works wonderfully.[/QUOTE]

So this control could be used with mame, nice eh!!!

This is a great deal. I'm contemplating on whether or not I should get it. I already have two controllers, don't see the need for a third. THe PC adapter is what I really want.

Thanks for the deal cheapy I can always you a 360 controller at OSU and to boot for the PC if I ever get back into it again

I've had this controller for a month or two but it didn't really work with many of my games. However, I tried Gametap and it works really well. Thanks Cheapy!

Had to return the receiver - I have a Logitech G5 gaming mouse that runs on 2.4Ghz frequency, and the two did not play well together at all.

[quote name='chrisnsally']Had to return the receiver - I have a Logitech G5 gaming mouse that runs on 2.4Ghz frequency, and the two did not play well together at all.[/quote]

Because Microsoft uses some kind of propritary 2.4Ghz tech in their controller and they are very stingy with sharing it with people.

In for one too, needed a second controller for my Xbox 360 anyway. In addition, I was looking for a controller for my new laptop. Plus this one is still 10 bucks off regular retail price...and no tax and free ship! :D

Ordered one with Prize Rebel. Had just enough points, heh.

This is an awesome deal, thanks a lot CheapyD. I would have never noticed this.

bread's done
Back