Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter $70, Wireless Headset $39 at Buy.com

Tempting to buy the wireless adapter at that price, but it still feels like a rip-off. I'll just stick with the 20 ft ethernet cable for now.

why is the wireless adapter still $100.00?

$70.00 is cheaper but still too much

i don't think i will ever own one of those things

[quote name='habloc']Tempting to buy the wireless adapter at that price, but it still feels like a rip-off. I'll just stick with the 20 ft ethernet cable for now.[/quote]
Mine is 100ft

If you want to go wireless get one of the old microsoft MN-740s they work fine and are cheaper. I prefer to stick with wires though.

Hmm....$70 still sounds pretty expensive for the wireless adapter. Isn't wireless built into the new Xbox 360 consoles now? I'm thinking of getting one....just trying to figure out which model is best to get (and what games are worth it....already have a PS3).

Does anyone have the wireless headset? I'm debating on purchasing this or just getting the wired one. I stepped on my old wired one by mistake.

P.S. I also have a wired controller. Will that be a problem with the wireless headset?

[quote name='The Codefinder']Hmm....$70 still sounds pretty expensive for the wireless adapter. Isn't wireless built into the new Xbox 360 consoles now? I'm thinking of getting one....just trying to figure out which model is best to get (and what games are worth it....already have a PS3).[/quote]

Wireless is not built into any Xbox360 console variant.

[quote name='Spatchmo']If you want to go wireless get one of the old microsoft MN-740s they work fine and are cheaper. I prefer to stick with wires though.[/QUOTE]

be aware that if you're using WPA or WPA encryption on your wireless network, the old regular xbox wireless adapters won't work...you'll have to downgrade to much-weaker WEP encryption

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']be aware that if you're using WPA or WPA encryption on your wireless network, the old regular xbox wireless adapters won't work...you'll have to downgrade to much-weaker WEP encryption[/quote]

You are correct sir!

I've had no issues at all with the wireless headset in over a year. It's excellent and really comfortable to me.

If you want a much cheaper (but harder to set up) solution, consider buying a Linksys WRT54GL, putting Tomato/DD WRT on it, and use it as a wireless bridge. I got two when they were getting rid of them at T-Mobile for $20 each. Even at retail price, $60 is cheaper than most ethernet bridges, and it can bridge multiple connections (e.g., I use one in my living room to get internet to my 360 and HD DVR).

I would suggest that anyone interested in the wireless adaptor consider purchasing a linksys WMB54G wireless music bridge instead. I bought one new on amazon marketplace for $34. It was really easy for me to set up, and I am not a networking expert. I've never had a problem with it while playing or downloading on xbox live.

I just think that $70 is still way too much to pay for a cheap microsoft branded adaptor. I still think there is no excuse for the 360 not having wireless capabilities out of the box.

Yeah I was going to say, that wireless adapter is still about 60 dollars too much, and CheapyD reviewed the headset, basically saying the quality was worse than the wired headset and the range isnt that great.

[quote name='lifeinthefridge']Any opinions on the wireless headset ? Is it reliable and really a good deal at this price?[/quote]
the audio quality is like 3x better than the wired one. they are very relieable and just have a USB cable u plug into ur 360 to recharge it. at this price, it's a steal.

I bought the Wireless Network Adapter for $99 when it was new. That thing is junk. I couldn't connect to some online multiplayer games because it showed restricted NAT. But when i used lan connection everything worked great. I finally sold it for $60. Do not waste your money. Wait till it gets cheaper.

This would save me a lot of hassle, but the MOST I would pay for it would be $30 MAX.

$100 is just ridiculous. Why couldn't it have built in Wi-Fi?

DO NOT get the wireless headset. It sucks a lot,not only do you need to charge it very often pretty quick but it takes a long time to charge. Also they break A LOT,me and my friend had ours for only a few weeks and they won't turn on anymore. I heard many people say the same on reviews to so it's not only us. The wireless headset also sucks because you need to talk louder than usual for friends to hear you. Get the regular wire mic,it's cheaper and much better.

It amazes me for the price of such a high-class WiFi adapter that it doesn't support WPA2. I have it, and its no problem to me as the PSP doesn't support it either. I'm fine with that. I got rid of classic devices that only supported WEP like the old Linksys Xbox adapter.

But I like how 360 fanboys like to claim the WiFi adapter price is so expensive but on the other hand they thump their chest on how much cheaper the 360 is to a PS3. But they leave out the fact the PS3 has built-in Wi-Fi that supports everything including WPA2 among other things.

[quote name='Spartan V07']DO NOT get the wireless headset. It sucks a lot,not only do you need to charge it very often pretty quick but it takes a long time to charge. Also they break A LOT,me and my friend had ours for only a few weeks and they won't turn on anymore. I heard many people say the same on reviews to so it's not only us. The wireless headset also sucks because you need to talk louder than usual for friends to hear you. Get the regular wire mic,it's cheaper and much better.[/QUOTE]

The battery lasts 6-8 hours. If you're playing longer than that, wireless anything may not be a good choice. Nor do most people experience sound issues.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I bought the Wireless Network Adapter for $99 when it was new. That thing is junk. I couldn't connect to some online multiplayer games because it showed restricted NAT. But when i used lan connection everything worked great. I finally sold it for $60. Do not waste your money. Wait till it gets cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with mine whatsoever. It's one floor beneath my router and it works perfectly, almost as good as an ethernet.

[quote name='aggravatedMan']why is the wireless adapter still $100.00?

$70.00 is cheaper but still too much

i don't think i will ever own one of those things[/quote]

I agree until its in the $20 - 25 price range I will never own a wireless adapter.

My wireless headset just came in today; is it suppose to light up when you plug it in with the system on, or am I right in assuming this pos is dead right out the box?

So here is my question to everyone......what is the best damn router to get now a days? I'm ready to destroy my netgear wgt whatever. I have a Macbook, 360 w/wireless router, and a wii?

bread's done
Back