Xbox 360 wireless remote $9.99 at amazon (pre-order)

[quote name='PyroGamer']As opposed to that wired polarized-outlet remote I have hooked up to my 360 now.[/quote]

lmfao..that made my night

Unless got a wire to run from my 360 to my chair, I don't want it. This new-fangled wireless stuff will never catch on, it's just a fad

:)

There is a better remote than the official one - that really expensive programmable one by somebody or other... I forget, but it was always too expensive.

This one can't touch the official remote but for $10, it's a good way to get free shipping as the OP stated.

Yah its one of those multi remotes that you can program and comes programmed with the 360 automatically.

[quote name='CYRiX']Yah its one of those multi remotes that you can program and comes programmed with the 360 automatically.[/QUOTE]
made by logitech

Does this mean that it is wireless instead of IR? If so, that would be a plus for those whose 360s are hidden behind an object. I have this problem from time to time.

That's what I was hoping jug. It is also backlit and here is what the intec site states:

"Maximize your Xbox 360 gaming experience with Intec’s new 360 Lighted Wireless Remote! Features a slick, ergonomic design that will control the DVD and CD playback functions of your Xbox 360. Allows you to access your 360 dashboard with one button, and control your TV’s functions. The Lighted Wireless Remote also features an easy-to-use code library to connect to most TVs and A,B,X, and Y buttons to easily navigate trough your Xbox 360 dashboard. Easy to use!"

[quote name='jughead']Does this mean that it is wireless instead of IR? If so, that would be a plus for those whose 360s are hidden behind an object. I have this problem from time to time.[/quote]

[quote name='PyroGamer']As opposed to that wired polarized-outlet remote I have hooked up to my 360 now.[/quote]

I had a TV that the remote had a cord. I have the offical one, it looks just like this one. It is nice.

[quote name='jughead']Does this mean that it is wireless instead of IR? If so, that would be a plus for those whose 360s are hidden behind an object. I have this problem from time to time.[/quote]

Considering how picky MS is about their wireless tech, I doubt it. The guitar hero/rockband games are having enough trouble trying to get MS to approve it, I highly doubt they would release it to a competitor.

[quote name='PyroGamer']As opposed to that wired polarized-outlet remote I have hooked up to my 360 now.[/QUOTE]

amazing. :applause:

it looks like a uglier, more square version of the standard remote, but hey, you save $10 buying this one instead of the official one, right?

The Harmony is the best one to get. That thing can even control fireplaces and motorized curtains. It's just as effective as the $600+ Philips and Marantz remotes. That one (both the official one and the recolored Xbox variant) has been on sale for around $75 on Amazon from time to time.

Deal is now dead. :(

I should've jumped on this when I had the chance, I was debating between getting this and the one bundled with Premium 360s but I just realized this one has a tv volume button on it!

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']I second the Logitech Harmony.

Expensive? Yes. BLOW YOUR FREAKING PANTS OFF AMAZING?!!! OMFG YES![/quote]

I have friends who love the Harmony. It just doesn't do it for me. I love the One-For-All URC10820. It changed my life at a fraction of the cost.

http://www.amazon.com/URC10820-Device-Learning-Universal-Control/dp/B00083ET5G/

It's $20, has codes for dang near everything and supports learning and direct code entry that sends IR codes not advertised by the manufacturer -- e.g., unlock the hidden service menus on TVs/DVD players -- I used it to program direct input switching on my TV even though the Sony remote didn't have the buttons to do it (but the TV does support it). You can also make macros.

Where this remote really excels is in the fact that it has sensibly labeled buttons for everything you need and punch through codes (for exampel: volume always is AUD volume no matter what mode, unless I'm in TV mode in which case I want to change the TV volume).

And yes, it does work with the 360 to power on/off and control DVD functionality.

bread's done
Back