Xbox 360's at toysrus (ymmv)

almasy82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Confirmed Xbox 360 at toysrus today. I bought one, and two other people that I spoke to online were able to get one at different toysrus. I had to ask they didn't have any on the shelve and also had a sign saying they were out of them. If you need one go to toysrus. Mine had 10 left in the middle of the day.
My store was in Lexington,KY

they were here as well, let the floodgates of availability open after microsoft fabricated an xmas shortage

almasy82 you might want to include the location where you scored theses systems. Granted most of us won't be able to capitalize, but there could be CAG's around your area. Godd find and enjoy; I strongly recommend NFS:MW, Kameo, PDZ and NBA 2K6.

I called the one near me yesterday and they told me they had one in, so I hauled azz over their and the biatch told me I needed to by 3 games and a second wireless controller.

I didnt see any at my TRU but then I went to Target and they had like 15 of them. I got me a Premium Xbox 360!!!!! YEAH! And I paid retail and not the inflated ebay prices. WOOT!!

I went early this morning to try to score some of the $10 games and they had 2 360 Premium systems available. The catch? You had to buy 4, yup 4, Xbox 360 games and they only had 5 different ones to choose from. The total cost for the people I saw buy them was around $690...

according to the tru's i called in pennsylvania, they didn't get any in. one ignorant ass even gave me the old line of "no stores will have any until february." he had a strong red neck accent that made me laugh. anywho, ive given up the chase as ebay prices are falling to near retail levels, and ive finally received my 360 from samsclub.com.(after 2 botches from UPS). everyone enjoy your 360's and have a safe and happy holiday season.

Anywhere from 2-6 premium units are due to arrive at all TRU today.

Good luck to those who go in search of them.

You mean TRU sells something other than $10 games? ;)
Come to think of it, I didn't see a playable Xbox 360 display when I went there to get my games yesterday.

Got mine at the Niles-Golf Mill TRU this morning. They made me buy 3 games and a wired controller, but it's all seperate on the receipt, with no indication of a bundle, so you can just return it all later on.

[quote name='Sulmona']they were here as well, let the floodgates of availability open after microsoft fabricated an xmas shortage[/QUOTE]

If it was fabricated, they would've released them on a better day than the day before xmas eve. pretty sure they wanted to sell more than 500000 before xmas.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Anywhere from 2-6 premium units are due to arrive at all TRU today.

Good luck to those who go in search of them.[/QUOTE]

On Friday right?

[quote name='Apossum']Got mine at the Niles-Golf Mill TRU this morning. They made me buy 3 games and a wired controller, but it's all seperate on the receipt, with no indication of a bundle, so you can just return it all later on.

If it was fabricated, they would've released them on a better day than the day before xmas eve. pretty sure they wanted to sell more than 500000 before xmas.[/QUOTE]

tell me how it goes when you return the games

thanks

[quote name='swetooth9']tell me how it goes when you return the games

thanks[/QUOTE]

Why would they care? If there's no "package deal" listed on the receipt, TRU would have no way of knowing if they were bought together. I got some my B2G1 games free, b/c on some of the receipts, I returned both games I'd used to get the free one, and they either didn't care, or didn't check.

just got back from the TRU in Carle Place, LI here in NY (across from Roosevelt Field Mall) and saw some dude picking one up. didn't see him get forced into a bundle, though, but his credit card was hilariously denied when the cashier told him that his card expired in July.

[quote name='swetooth9']tell me how it goes when you return the games

thanks[/QUOTE]

Brought it all in-- the lady looks at the receipt and says "sorry, this is bundled" or something, takes another look at the receipt and then says it's cool, since it was all listed seperately. I assume there were some receipts that had the bundle as the only item. I was psyched, she even let me return the TRU warranty (gonna get MS warranty instead.)

[quote name='mernst23']Those jerks at the Golf Mill TRU told me they weren't getting any before xmas yesterday morning. [/quote]

Same here! some of the guys didn't get the memo...or they were trying to get them for themselves. anyway, i just went for the hell of it this morning after getting shut out at the skokie BB and they had em. The guy said they were left over from the night before too.

[quote name='Apossum']Brought it all in-- the lady looks at the receipt and says "sorry, this is bundled" or something, takes another look at the receipt and then says it's cool, since it was all listed seperately. I assume there were some receipts that had the bundle as the only item. I was psyched, she even let me return the TRU warranty (gonna get MS warranty instead.)

Same here! some of the guys didn't get the memo...or they were trying to get them for themselves. anyway, i just went for the hell of it this morning after getting shut out at the skokie BB and they had em. The guy said they were left over from the night before too.[/QUOTE]

wait...they make you buy 4 games (as i was told by an employee) AND the TRU warranty???!

oh yea, how do you get the MS warranty and how much is it?

thanks...i might swing by to get one now :)

oh no, the warranty was my own jaded impulse. getting up at 4:30 am made me make that dumb decision, lol.
they gave me three games and a wired controller. and the MS warranty is in the box, it's $59.99 for 2 years. I think it's good for more than one exchange, unlike most store warranties. i'll have to double check that though...

[quote name='Apossum']oh no, the warranty was my own jaded impulse. getting up at 4:30 am made me make that dumb decision, lol.
they gave me three games and a wired controller. and the MS warranty is in the box, it's $59.99 for 2 years. I think it's good for more than one exchange, unlike most store warranties. i'll have to double check that though...[/QUOTE]

ahh okay..so that includes bugs, etc... okay thanks

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']just got back from the TRU in Carle Place, LI here in NY (across from Roosevelt Field Mall) and saw some dude picking one up. didn't see him get forced into a bundle, though, but his credit card was hilariously denied when the cashier told him that his card expired in July.[/QUOTE]

Damn you mean to tell me TRU has some? And to think I was right there by BestBuy today and didn't check it out.

I was at TRU yesterday and they got 13 in but you had to buy 4 games and an extra controller to pick one up...they sold out of them in less than an hour btw.

I hate having to do the forced bundles, but they were better than when we did preorders, we gave people a choice in which games they want this time. Throughout last week, my store must have gotten in about 15 prem. 360's.

The Grossmont Center TRU had 7 left (San Diego, California), but were only selling if you bought a remote and 4 games, what bullshit.

I hate the idea of forced bundles too. But with this since it's not a real bundle, you could just buy all the crap they want you to buy, then a second later walk over to customer service and return all the stuff you don't want. Because it's not a real bundle, nothing is being marked down to any sort of sale price, so you'll get to return everything without having to return the 360.

Well then I'm going to go right now and get one if I can return it all, I have $500, enough for a Premium, I just called and they are actually hanging on, I'm glad they close at 10:00PM tonight!

[quote name='Nealocus123']Well then I'm going to go right now and get one if I can return it all, I have $500, enough for a Premium, I just called and they are actually hanging on, I'm glad they close at 10:00PM tonight![/QUOTE]

good luck. I work at TRU in the R-zone, so I am 100% sure you can return the stuff you don't want. when we have sales like where a lot of stuff gets marked down (ex. GBA + Narnia + Starter Pack for 99 bucks), so if you try to return something you dont want you run into (A). a manager who says you can't return bundled items, or (B) they let you do it and you get all the marked down prices. if they don't let you return the stuff you don't want, make a fuss, because they can't deny you that, since it's not a official TRU bundle, or even a regular bundle at that.

so with this 360, all of the items will be counted individually, so it will just look like you bought a 360 with 3-4 games etc etc. it won't say anything like "360 bundle" and subtract cash from each thing. it's not a real bundle, it's just what a lot of other stores are doing, just trying to cash in on the 360 craze, and getting in on add on sales since they don't make anything on just the systems.

Just got 1 Premium System for $399.99 + Tax at noon today. They have only 4 tickets and I quickly grabbed one. Location is Tustin, CA...

Should I open it? I bought it because it is popular right now but I really not into the game...

I picked one up for a top notch customer that comes to my store all the time and spends a bunch of money.

The boss told me to purchase the system she had to buy 2 games and a controller. But it wasn't bundled. She bought the Premium, 1 wireless controller, 1 play and charge kit, madden 06 and PGR3.

Here is why TRU is forcing you to buy stuff with it...Each store is rated based on an attachment rate. Meaning that all the store in an area are ranked by how much associated product a store can sell with a system (i.e. controllers, games, memory cards, accessories, etc). The higher the rating the better the store looks.

I went to the Toys R Us in Cutler Ridge Fl and they had them in stock and I was told by an associate (Paula) in the R zone they anyone who wanted to buy a 360 needed to buy 4 games and an extra controller just to be able to buy one. 3 customers got irate and I felt bad for her, as she was just the messenger. Management however stuck to their guns, and last I checked none had moved. Unknown how many units they had left.

bread's done
Back