Xbox Banning Discussion

Been playing Rayman online the last couple days... About 4 of those XBLA games too. I have no fear! Well actually, I've been playing them after 8:00 pm and on the weekends. So yeah, a little bit of fear is still there.

i don't even want to touch the disc versions of those games on my 360.

will be playing Rayman Legends on my PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I removed my hard drive and usb stick, then formatted my 360's internal flash and tried to test connect to live and surprise!

Banned! Shaq-Fu this company.

I backed up my hard drive to my PC after checking all my title updates earlier today so I'll be able to still play my games using my old 120 gig if my 320 dies. The uncertainty over any out of region digital content has turned me off from getting another one. Time to start reading the Sony forum here and see how viable PS+ is looking for the PS4.

Well I removed my hard drive and usb stick, then formatted my 360's internal flash and tried to test connect to live and surprise!
Yup, same. I found out about my console ban when I just checked mine right now for the first time since last week.

I backed up my hard drive to my PC after checking all my title updates earlier today so I'll be able to still play my games using my old 120 gig if my 320 dies. The uncertainty over any out of region digital content has turned me off from getting another one. Time to start reading the Sony forum here and see how viable PS+ is looking for the PS4.
a basic version of DriveClub will be available for PS+ members for free, with full trophies (achievements), as well as a bunch of small arcade games.

shit, is there any way to move saves of 'xbox original' games on 360s to flash drives? it only says delete....sega soccer slam is kinda useless without my save, i unlocked everything in that game....
I've never used a flashed drive on my 360 in terms of saving before, so I don't know if this option is available. I know when you connect another hardrive via the usb transfer cable you get another option to bulk transfer stuff, you can move them via that way as I've done it. When in storage and selecting a device if you select device options, then transfer content you should be able to do it.

Yup, same. I found out about my console ban when I just checked mine right now for the first time since last week.
Condolences, my friends.

a basic version of DriveClub will be available for PS+ members for free, with full trophies (achievements), as well as a bunch of small arcade games.
I am a fan of side scrolling shooters so Resogun looks pretty good too imo. My primary concern though is that over time Sony won't put as much effort into PS+ as they know they will have more people buying it just because they have to for multiplayer. Though since there won't be that many games at first, I don't think they will start rotating stuff off the list fast. So that will give a few months to see how it goes.

Edit: Sorry for going off topic in here. I'll direct future questions about this to the Sony forum.

Anymore bannings? 

I know the two mentioned above, but it seems like they just checked?

Has anyone been playing/connected to Live that hasn't been banned?

I got my ban e-mails on the 25th before all this really exploded. I kept my console disconnected because I wanted to be sure having it get banned wouldn't corrupt or mess with my data any. Once I had a backup of everything I figured it couldn't hurt to make sure, but I was expecting it to be.

I got my ban e-mails on the 25th before all this really exploded. I kept my console disconnected because I wanted to be sure having it get banned wouldn't corrupt or mess with my data any. Once I had a backup of everything I figured it couldn't hurt to make sure, but I was expecting it to be.
move your profiles, saves .... to new USB ( or xbox36's HDD )

remove your HDD, remove your USB from console

turn on your X360, if it get banned ( or not ), nothing happen to your profiles or saves :bouncy: then buy a PS3 :baby:

Anymore bannings?

I know the two mentioned above, but it seems like they just checked?

Has anyone been playing/connected to Live that hasn't been banned?
Are you one of those so paranoid that you can't turn your xbox on? Man, I've been playing live for a week or so and nothing have still happened, I would say it's safe to play your own games. Just stay away from touching the games you downloaded.

I got really worried when I saw I had a message from M$ that I could only read if I logged on to my fake account. Turns out they wanted me to enjoy my free gold weekend.
No new banning news from here or Neogaf makes it seem all good for now.

Has anyone established how many of the people who were banned for "marketplace theft" used either the "free xbl gold" link that was floating around on here or used the bing codes that were for 1 month but gave 1 year?
I wonder this too. I was the first to post about being banned for using the one free month link. I will be calling them this week to get this fixed as I'm not standing by idly and letting them steal by funds and ruin ten years of gaming on my account.

Are you one of those so paranoid that you can't turn your xbox on? Man, I've been playing live for a week or so and nothing have still happened, I would say it's safe to play your own games. Just stay away from touching the games you downloaded.
No I've been playing (can't give up on FIFA man). And the one damn game I downloaded, I deleted off of my HDD (not that it probably matters) and shutdown the account.

no one got banned for their hungarian accounts, right? i have a few (paid for) games on mine and i'm a little hesitant about license transfering it to my new one -_-

So far it seems it was just for the countries with no official marketplaces and the free months of gold being abused. Silv4 is the one who suggested M$ was going after people for buying stuff from places not their own.. So far all my GonD purchases have been from Hungary so I can't stop using those accounts, buy I will stop for now just in case.

So I'm in the middle of discussing with an XBL rep right now what's going on with my account.

They specifically stated "-   Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing".

Does that refer to the whole region changing for free games fiasco? If so, I have NEVER done this. My region for my xbox and my microsoft account have always been in the US. I explained this to them and am awaiting a response.

Someone mentioned in the past few pages how bans are all over the place. I saw on their forums that a member was banned permanently for: "Altering the appearance of your avatar beyond legitimate parameters". Never heard of that.

"Altering the appearance of your avatar beyond legitimate parameters". Never heard of that.
This is specifically using outside programs on your computer to alter your avatar's appearance. There is no way to normally make your skin green, or other wacky colors, but using computer editors you can do that. It is hacking.

So here is where I'm at now guys:

After asking how I was banned for region content when I never downloaded anything, the replies from an xbox rep were corrected to "illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes". Again, all I ever did was use the free one month link directly through xbox.com. At no time did I abuse or 'fraudulently acquire' anything from microsoft. I even bought a 12 month card at the end of last month, specifically for GTA V online and AC Black Flag.

tldr: nothing resolved yet.

So I'm in the middle of discussing with an XBL rep right now what's going on with my account.

They specifically stated "- Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing".

Does that refer to the whole region changing for free games fiasco? If so, I have NEVER done this. My region for my xbox and my microsoft account have always been in the US. I explained this to them and am awaiting a response.

Someone mentioned in the past few pages how bans are all over the place. I saw on their forums that a member was banned permanently for: "Altering the appearance of your avatar beyond legitimate parameters". Never heard of that.
It could be the "circumventing of regional pricing" thing

That could be illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes as it does sound like a promotion, even so they can ban you for about anything sadly enough. And have a rep for never really reversing bans.

If you're referring to me, at no time did I ever change regions or download games, only used the free month link on xbox.com.
What I'm thinking though, is that MS is thinking you circumvented US regional pricing for 1-month gold memberships. Even though it's their fault for leaving that little "promotion" up for so long. But then again, it seems MS doesn't care if they fuck up, only if people take advantage of their fuck ups.

For those banned, could you please post a reply to this an tell which of these statements applies to you?

A. you used the free 1 month link on xbox.com

B. you used one of the glitched one month codes from Bing

C. Both of the above

D. None of the above

I'm trying to figure out if those two or one of them are possibly the ban cause and not the Oman/Bosnia stuff.  Because as far as I can see a hell of a lot more people got the free games than got banned.

For those banned, could you please post a reply to this an tell which of these statements applies to you?

A. you used the free 1 month link on xbox.com

B. you used one of the glitched one month codes from Bing

C. Both of the above

D. None of the above

I'm trying to figure out if those two or one of them are possibly the ban cause and not the Oman/Bosnia stuff. Because as far as I can see a hell of a lot more people got the free games than got banned.
I did A, but I did it back in June. Also I never used a free month before for this console other than that. My current live was from a 4 month prepaid card. I did redeem quite a few 1200 point codes from the MS store discount glitch back around that time, but other than that, nothing aside from downloading the free stuff.

My guess is they either decided to take a break from bannings or more likely just gave up on trying to get everyone that did them. For those that nothing happened to, enjoy your free games. For everyone else, well, sucks to be you.

bread's done
Back