Xbox Banning Discussion

I say the last ban was for free gold not the free games. As you could get 3 years max free....+ a ban
If you're referring to the free month Gold link, you weren't able to stack those. I do remember a promo glitch long time ago and I was able to stack 3 years on 3+ different accounts, none of these accounts are banned though. But yeah MS banned anyone they caught for all sorts of reasons as of late.

For those banned, could you please post a reply to this an tell which of these statements applies to you?

A. you used the free 1 month link on xbox.com
B. you used one of the glitched one month codes from Bing
C. Both of the above
D. None of the above

I'm trying to figure out if those two or one of them are possibly the ban cause and not the Oman/Bosnia stuff. Because as far as I can see a hell of a lot more people got the free games than got banned.
D. None of the above

Oman ban + Bosnia ban + console ban.

If you're referring to the free month Gold link, you weren't able to stack those. I do remember a promo glitch long time ago and I was able to stack 3 years on 3+ different accounts, none of these accounts are banned though. But yeah MS banned anyone they caught for all sorts of reasons as of late.
I was made aware (on another forum) of a recent FREE month link that could be stacked. People were opening multiple tabs and it was extending their Gold sub. accordingly.

I know of the other links and the promo/glitch that allowed stacking codes to their max allowable per account -- 36 mos. prepaid. The thing about that was people were instantly redeeming the codes on their accounts rather than just saving them up for later use.

Codes acquired from that promo were still valid last year, 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was made aware (on another forum) of a recent FREE month link that could be stacked. People were opening multiple tabs and it was extending their Gold sub. accordingly.

I know of the other links and the promo/glitch that allowed stacking codes to their max allowable per account -- 36 mos. prepaid. The thing about that was people were instantly redeeming the codes on their accounts rather than just saving them up for later use.

Ah, I see. Make sense now how some can get ban with that free Gold link. Any promos live? PM me lol.

Wow. Although it makes sense how some people could banned for exploiting the "glitch".

Sounds like you all deserved your bans. I haven't read any posts on here that indicate being banned for something that wasn't illegal or a fragrant and blatant disregard and violation of the agreed upon EULA.

Sounds like you all deserved your bans. I haven't read any posts on here that indicate being banned for something that wasn't illegal or a fragrant and blatant disregard and violation of the agreed upon EULA.

Sounds like you like d*** in or around your mouth.

You deserve to be banned since the mods have asked countless times to not post things like this. How can they not be more clear?

Go back to MS, shrill.

Sounds like you like d*** in or around your mouth.
I was thinking it must be wedged in his anal region. A lot of us won't waste our $ on M$ anymore. They shouldn't alow mistakes to happen like this ban someone for finding it. If someone finds it and takes advantage of it, fix it and send the user a warning email. Simple.

Update on my issue: nothing yet.

I'm being stonewalled by a rep who refuses to answer what happened to my account, why it was suspended, nor is willing to investigate.

Any other tips on who else to go to besides firing up the media blitz or various consumer and gaming websites?

I'm being stonewalled by a rep who refuses to answer what happened to my account, why it was suspended, nor is willing to investigate.

Any other tips on who else to go to besides firing up the media blitz or various consumer and gaming websites?
I really empathize with your situation. My advice, try to escalate your issue by talking with a supervisor. Just keep trying and be very diplomatic about it. If you still get nowhere, at least you still have all your offline content. If you have to justify this somehow in your head, try this:

Xbox 360 will be unsupported in the next few years. Microsoft will disconnect Xbox live servers for 360 games, and dashboard support. So in your case, that just happened a few years earlier than the rest of us. We will ALL be in your situation in a few years from now when the 360 is abandoned, just like the original Xbox was. Think of it that way and the sting may not hurt as much.

I really empathize with your situation. My advice, try to escalate your issue by talking with a supervisor. Just keep trying and be very diplomatic about it. If you still get nowhere, at least you still have all your offline content. If you have to justify this somehow in your head, try this:

Xbox 360 will be unsupported in the next few years. Microsoft will disconnect Xbox live servers for 360 games, and dashboard support. So in your case, that just happened a few years earlier than the rest of us. We will ALL be in your situation in a few years from now when the 360 is abandoned, just like the original Xbox was. Think of it that way and the sting may not hurt as much.

Thank you. My biggest issue is two-fold. I'm beta testing content for Uplay and it requires XBL. Secondly, I'm missing out on GTA V online.

Thank you. My biggest issue is two-fold. I'm beta testing content for Uplay and it requires XBL. Secondly, I'm missing out on GTA V online.

contact local media organizations like "7 on your side"

Xbox 360 will be unsupported in the next few years. Microsoft will disconnect Xbox live servers for 360 games, and dashboard support.
How can you be so sure of that? The 360 is still selling quite a lot. I doubt it has the drop offs in sales like the Wii had. Also, MS profits on each 360 sold by a bit. I'd imagine maybe 5+ years down the road when nothing gets released on XBLA and sales are dead in the water we would see a lot of services going down, but I'm sure MS will allow the re-downloading of games either through the Rio (Whatever their Gaikai service will be called) or some other means. I don't think MS wants a even worst rep with re-downloading games, especially in the future when downloading gigs of content becomes even cheaper. The original XBox was costing MS a lot of money in terms of production (I believe $200+ loss for each console sold even at the end of It's life cycle) and they had no sort of account system in terms of downloading DLC, so PGR2 DLC and Links DLC had to be re-bought if it was deleted.

How can you be so sure of that? The 360 is still selling quite a lot. I doubt it has the drop offs in sales like the Wii had. Also, MS profits on each 360 sold by a bit. I'd imagine maybe 5+ years down the road when nothing gets released on XBLA and sales are dead in the water we would see a lot of services going down, but I'm sure MS will allow the re-downloading of games either through the Rio (Whatever their Gaikai service will be called) or some other means. I don't think MS wants a even worst rep with re-downloading games, especially in the future when downloading gigs of content becomes even cheaper. The original XBox was costing MS a lot of money in terms of production (I believe $200+ loss for each console sold even at the end of It's life cycle) and they had no sort of account system in terms of downloading DLC, so PGR2 DLC and Links DLC had to be re-bought if it was deleted.

I'm pretty sure MS came out and said they were closing up 360 shop in 3 years.

This is why I hate the idea of an all download game console future. You have no idea how any of the three companies will handle the transition to the next system. If I wanted all digital, I'd go PC. At least with PC, you don't have so many restrictions.

And on the banned front, this slim is friggin' resilient!  I have it wrapped in a towel, wrapped inside a hoodie running Forza 4 all morning and the thing hasn't overheated once.  Getting the Red Dot is going to prove more a challenge than I expected.

I'd say they would probably at least support live until they stop making games for it, as they can make more money via DLC, etc.

For those banned, could you please post a reply to this an tell which of these statements applies to you?

A. you used the free 1 month link on xbox.com

B. you used one of the glitched one month codes from Bing

C. Both of the above

D. None of the above

I'm trying to figure out if those two or one of them are possibly the ban cause and not the Oman/Bosnia stuff. Because as far as I can see a hell of a lot more people got the free games than got banned.
Regarding the Oman/Bosnia stuff, you should also ask if anyone did any sort of account migration before or after getting the free games.

And on the banned front, this slim is friggin' resilient! I have it wrapped in a towel, wrapped inside a hoodie running Forza 4 all morning and the thing hasn't overheated once. Getting the Red Dot is going to prove more a challenge than I expected.
Put some tape over the vents too.

And on the banned front, this slim is friggin' resilient! I have it wrapped in a towel, wrapped inside a hoodie running Forza 4 all morning and the thing hasn't overheated once. Getting the Red Dot is going to prove more a challenge than I expected.
What are you trying to accomplish? Are you sending your console for Microsoft repair? Would Microsoft check for banned consoles?

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you sending your console for Microsoft repair? Would Microsoft check for banned consoles?

He's hoping they will send back a different console.
Banned or not, it's still under warranty, as it has never been opened/modified.

I figure it's worth a shot to see if I just get a replacement instead of a repair, nothing to really lose at this point.

I wonder this too. I was the first to post about being banned for using the one free month link. I will be calling them this week to get this fixed as I'm not standing by idly and letting them steal by funds and ruin ten years of gaming on my account.
Did M$ ban your account or console?

Anyhow, sucks M$ tries to be as vague as possible when people are trying to figure why they were banned.

Did M$ ban your account or console?

Anyhow, sucks M$ tries to be as vague as possible when people are trying to figure why they were banned.

Still waiting for a resolution. As far as I know, just account. I have had only one for ten years. Will they tell me if I'm console banned like the suspension email I received?

It's funny, Microsoft is going to lose a shit ton of money if they seriously want to ban me for using a free month link. I'll return my XBL cards I just bought, cancel all of my 360 preorders, and also cancel the xbone console and game preorders. All for what, a $1 promo?

Are they even thinking clearly?

Still waiting for a resolution. As far as I know, just account. I have had only one for ten years. Will they tell me if I'm console banned like the suspension email I received?

It's funny, Microsoft is going to lose a shit ton of money if they seriously want to ban me for using a free month link. I'll they my XBL cards I just bought, cancel all of my 360 preorders, and also cancel the xbone console and game preorders. All for what, a $1 promo?

Are they even thinking clearly?
contacting support is useless. If you're account is banned all they will say is you know the reason why you were banned and if you ask fir details they wont go into it. Been there before. Report it to the Better Business Bureau. Not saying you'll see results but it doesn't hurt.

Can they ban you for continuously using free trials, 48 hr ones for example? That would be redonkalous if they did. I'm currently searching what MS's stance on continuous use of free trials.

Only on page 5 of the thread, but are they banning the people that used the 'one free month' link a couple of times or just those that did it to get multiple months/years of Gold?

In other words;

1-3 months= Ban

1-36 months= Ban

Just got my 12 month card today, guess I'll hold onto it for a while then before redeeming.

:lol:

Used the link as needed, didn't get carried away like some people appeared to.

I made a new account for a younger cousin last month and did the first month free through the link on the dashboard. I actually paid for a month passed that. Have there been any ban reports through the dashboard or just xbox.com?

I love how people that are bluntly telling the truth are the ones considered a troll yet some people on here are whining and moaning about how their console was banned.

What did you honestly expect for stealing? I mean really?

Oh it's okay though because I'd much rather be called a troll than a thief.  

I love how people that are bluntly telling the truth are the ones considered a troll yet some people on here are whining and moaning about how their console was banned.

What did you honestly expect for stealing? I mean really?

Oh it's okay though because I'd much rather be called a troll than a thief.
I'd rather call you intellectually disabled.

I made a new account for a younger cousin last month and did the first month free through the link on the dashboard. I actually paid for a month passed that. Have there been any ban reports through the dashboard or just xbox.com?
You're fine. All xbox's have three 1-month gold trials on them. You just can't use them for the same account. The xbox.com promo was/is being abused by people, who were either using it month after month or stacking them somehow.

I didn't get a console ban for downloading the free games, but I did get my first RROD today.  It was a 360 manufactured on February 10, 2006.  I probably logged over 15000 hours of gaming and videos in the 7 years+ I owned it, so it owed me nothing.  

Oh well, time to break out the 100 dollar 360 I got during the Black Friday sale in 2009!

bread's done
Back