Xbox Banning Discussion

I didn't get a console ban for downloading the free games, but I did get my first RROD today. It was a 360 manufactured on February 10, 2006. I probably logged over 15000 hours of gaming and videos in the 7 years+ I owned it, so it owed me nothing.

Oh well, time to break out the 100 dollar 360 I got during the Black Friday sale in 2009!
Oh my shit. Your 360 lasted that long? Bravo. I had to replace my 360 twice and I put in a good 60+ hours a week for a long time, till recently where I've only put in about 20+ a week.

Just a heads up on my situation. Web support with Microsoft last responded to me on 10/9/13 stating: "due to the nature of our investigations were are not allowed to divulge specifics of our investigations.". Phone support refuses to help as well, so today I started my email blast to several news sites.

This is what makes ZERO sense: If they believe there is some type of fraud on my primary account, why would they tell me to just create a new account and start from scratch? I'm still the same person with the same credentials. The second account they told me to make can log into live and I am NOT console banned.

Oh my shit. Your 360 lasted that long? Bravo. I had to replace my 360 twice and I put in a good 60+ hours a week for a long time, till recently where I've only put in about 20+ a week.
Yeah, I had one of the few good ones from that original chipset. My very first 360 was a lemon right out of the box. I couldn't even play 5 minutes of Hexic without it freezing. Luckily, I was able to swap it for this one though. Seriously, it was every bit of 15,000 hours. That may even be a bit conservative.

I didn't get a console ban for downloading the free games, but I did get my first RROD today. It was a 360 manufactured on February 10, 2006. I probably logged over 15000 hours of gaming and videos in the 7 years+ I owned it, so it owed me nothing.

Oh well, time to break out the 100 dollar 360 I got during the Black Friday sale in 2009!
VN99058lg.jpg

I had one RRoD on me within about 2 years (got in 2007, died in 2009). I have a slim, that I got in 2010, but it has been acting weird for a few years. It could break at any minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
A while back I made a post indicating that everything in this thread reinforced that the bans were deserved and that people should expect such for blatant violations and have no cause to complain.

The response was vulgar, immature, juvenile, and essentially reinforcement of the stereotype of gamers being wastes of life. It was sad to see such entitlement and idiocy.

A while back I made a post indicating that everything in this thread reinforced that the bans were deserved and that people should expect such for blatant violations and have no cause to complain.

The response was vulgar, immature, juvenile, and essentially reinforcement of the stereotype of gamers being wastes of life. It was sad to see such entitlement and idiocy.
Bravo. You're definitely proving everyone in the thread wrong, by coming back to say how wrong everyone was for disagreeing with you. You were definitely being the bigger man by even making the ignorant post you made in the first place. I think everyone should give you a standing ovation.

Is that how you get your thrills? By being a judging tool?

Congrats, you can be condescending and intellectually disabled.

The response you garnered was well deserved. Mods posted repeatedly that this thread wasn't about debating the morality of downloading the games and you did anyway. Even after all that you come back a month later just to thumb your nose again at the people that got banned. Despite your high opinion of yourself, you're no better than those that called you names in the first place.

Yes, everyone here was wrong. He is obviously a bigger douche-bag than any of you had indicated. So I think an apology is in order.

Nah, I think a ban should be in order for obvious troll like this who just won't stop.

how do I blacklist someone in CAG?

Sorry to bump this but if you get banned, does that follow you on Windows? I just got a new laptop and it has Xbox apps and my gamertag could be linked since I use the same hotmail. I'm not banned or anything, but I was just wondering if you get banned are you banned everywhere like Windows phone, laptops and PCs that uses Windows, etc.

Sorry to bump this but if you get banned, does that follow you on Windows? I just got a new laptop and it has Xbox apps and my gamertag could be linked since I use the same hotmail. I'm not banned or anything, but I was just wondering if you get banned are you banned everywhere like Windows phone, laptops and PCs that uses Windows, etc.
i remember reading someone here (or on TA. don't remember) that he could not even log into the Xbox game section on Windows 8 after he got banned so i'd think it is for everything.

VN99058lg.jpg

I had one RRoD on me within about 2 years (got in 2007, died in 2009). I have a slim, that I got in 2010, but it has been acting weird for a few years. It could break at any minute.
Congrats. My Pro RRoD in the first 48 hours I owned the system... and maybe 3 hours of lifetime gaming on it.

Holy cow. Hopefully your next system(s?) did better.
I didn't buy another, sent that one off... when I got it back... I let it sit for a while and played maybe 40 hours total? The initial product being such a bag of trash, combined with the pain the ass of getting them to honor the warranty... I just didn't care to play it and stuck with my ps3 (and was more than happy to do so). I eventually traded it in for ~180-200 towards an R2D2 system and flipped some games to cover the other $200 (maybe 70 out of pocket)

i have a question is Microsoft still banning for the Oman debacle?

I have done the exploit and downloaded a few games including Injustice if i wanted to re-download injustice would they still ban me?

What's interesting (to me anyway) about that is when they talk about punishments they seem to think a console ban is worse than an account ban.
To some people a console ban is worse but I'm not one of them. I sunk way too much money in this thing the past 8 years. A console ban wouldn't phase me much, I'd just grab another 360. An account ban and I'm done with the brand.

Also there was never any definitive proof that MS was banning for the Oman games. I'm not admitting anything but people have found several free games since the mass bannings and downloaded them with no repercussions.

Also there was never any definitive proof that MS was banning for the Oman games. I'm not admitting anything but people have found several free games since the mass bannings and downloaded them with no repercussions.
I don't know about definitive but I believe people when they say they got banned and all they did was download the free shit.

Agreed though in that they didn't ban everyone who did it.

It's funny they just ban an entire account or console rather than voiding the game or better yet, charging you for it and placing a hold on your account if you don't have the money.

They know that the majority of people will just buy another console, and/or live subscription, making them more money.

Does anybody know if having Aegis Wing, Doritos Dash of Destruction, Yaris and others in the HD will be a reason to ban me? I obtained those games from an iso named ArcadeCollection, and I didn't have to change nothing on the xbox or my profile, just copy it to the HD.

Also, iirc, I downloaded Aegis Wing with an American account (I'm from Europe) before using this, would that count as a reason for banning?

Thanks!

i have a question is Microsoft still banning for the Oman debacle?

I have done the exploit and downloaded a few games including Injustice if i wanted to re-download injustice would they still ban me?
Injustice was 14.99 during the last Gamefly sale, next time around it will probably be 12.99. If you enjoyed the game, then I would just try to pick it up on the cheap rather than pressing your luck. In my opinion, it's not worth the risk if you care about either your gamertag or console.

Does anybody know if having Aegis Wing, Doritos Dash of Destruction, Yaris and others in the HD will be a reason to ban me? I obtained those games from an iso named ArcadeCollection, and I didn't have to change nothing on the xbox or my profile, just copy it to the HD.

Also, iirc, I downloaded Aegis Wing with an American account (I'm from Europe) before using this, would that count as a reason for banning?

Thanks!
I'm sure you'll be fine, however, the new terms of service make this seem like they could ban you for it if they wanted to. There were many many people that did exactly what you did, so I doubt very much they will ever ban you for that. The bans were for getting free games that shouldn't have been free (due to a Microsoft error).

My main account is an Australian account and I also have an American account.

I have paid for games on the American account and did not download because of space before.

If I try and download these games now, would I be banned?

So apparently my account was flagged as a "risk" and I can't purchase anything with it. What the fucking fuck? The only content I buy is through the legit US store on a US account with the same legit PayPal I've used for years. Support had to escalate it to a higher department.

Are they punishing people for not buying a Day One edition X1 now, or what? Jesus christ. This company has turned to complete shit in the last year.

Anybody know if I will get banned for buying and downloading from different region account. Not talking about free either, only purchases.

Anybody know if I will get banned for buying and downloading from different region account. Not talking about free either, only purchases.

I've done that without any problems so far. That was a few years ago though.

Apparently only my payment methods are a "risk" since I was able to add a $5 XGC and use it for content. They seriously need to get their shit together if they think the payment method I've been using for YEARS is now "risky".

I believe the X1 is region free in terms of marketplace and game transactions. Could be wrong tho.

Edit: As in switching regions and getting content. I haven't seen in the X1 conditions where this is wrong to do, if it is disregard my post and let me know.

Just curious, are people being banned for making accounts in different regions to download free games?
I think earlier in this thread it was said that creating an account for a region you are not located in is a violation of the Xbox Code of Conduct. I could be wrong though.

Thanks!
I thought all these games are free downloads you can get anytime. I know I downloaded all these games for free from MS Live to my account, however I'm in the US and you are in Europe so I guess you are in violation based on the other posts.

I accidentally signed into my Oman account. Will I be fine? I'm in the top 500 in the world for Gamerscore. A ban is my worst nightmare.
Move your Oman account off your hard drive. You don't want that to happen again, right?

Move your Oman account off your hard drive. You don't want that to happen again, right?
I deleted all the games. I have a ton of foreign accounts I use to buy foreign game DLC. I thought my Oman account was my Japanese account so I never deleted it. Today, I signed In, and found out it was my Oman account. I deleted it immediately.I just hope it didn' flag my account for a ban.

That's why I came here. To see if anyone else did that within the last month and got a ban.

I still have all the free games on my Xbox but all the foreign accounts I been deleted and I escaped bannings. I was itching in playing them when I browse my games but I never do. Anyone here are comfortably still playing these games? I may just create a new or local account just to play.

just got banned till 9999 for no reason , all my four consoles are not modded and i got away grabbing all the free games. You do not know how pissed i am ,over 500 games paid for on games on demand and arcade games and my years gold wasted + all my microsoft points + 6 years of being gold and 126,000 GS. They say in the email my banned profile will work on a xbox one, well im getting a ps4 now......... 

Notice of permanent enforcement action:
Piracy

[ DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored. ]

What happened

This email is to notify you that your Xbox Live account privileges have been permanently suspended due to play of pirated or otherwise illegally/illegitimately obtained titles. This conduct was determined to be severe, repeated, and/or excessive.

Why we enforced

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team through either complaints filed by other Xbox Live users or in the course of our operation of the service. The Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this conduct and determined it violates the Xbox Live Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team has enacted this suspension against your account.

How this enforcement affects you

Enforcement actions apply to both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles:

• On the Xbox 360 console you will no longer be able to sign in to Xbox Live.
  • On the Xbox One console you will be able to sign in, but some features and functionality of the console will be reduced or restricted including but not limited to the ability to participate in multiplayer games.
Note: Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Where to find more information

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service. For more information:

Thank you,

Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team

just got banned till 9999 for no reason , all my four consoles are not modded and i got away grabbing all the free games. You do not know how pissed i am ,over 500 games paid for on games on demand and arcade games and my years gold wasted + all my microsoft points + 6 years of being gold and 126,000 GS. They say in the email my banned profile will work on a xbox one, well im getting a ps4 now.........
Guess MS had the last laugh on you.

Piracy

What happened

This email is to notify you that your Xbox Live account privileges have been permanently suspended due to play of pirated or otherwise illegally/illegitimately obtained titles. This conduct was determined to be severe, repeated, and/or excessive.

Why we enforced

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team through either complaints filed by other Xbox Live users or in the course of our operation of the service. The Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this conduct and determined it violates the Xbox Live Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team has enacted this suspension against your account.

• On the Xbox One console you will be able to sign in, but some features and functionality of the console will be reduced or restricted including but not limited to the ability to participate in multiplayer games.
Note: Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service. For more information:

Thank you,

that sucks. but have you been playing the games that you got free since, with 360 connected online?

that sucks. but have you been playing the games that you got free since, with 360 connected online?
I don't think that matters. I have friends who played the games they downloaded online for a few months (Rayman Legends specifically as it has an achievement which takes months to get) and they're still alive and kicking.

Once it's downloaded, you're already marked at that point. Anything done afterwards has no affect.

Is it a bannable offense to actually pay and download marketplace DLC items from a different region than your own?

Like if you created a UK account but paid for DLC while living in the US (therefore using a US console)?

Piracy

What happened

Why we enforced

Thank you,

Timbo should really talk to his pals at MS. Permabanning someone with 4 consoles and that bought a shitload of games is really stupid. You'd think they'd let you pay for the games that you got. It doesn't make taking those games ethical by any means but it would make a lot more sense to let you pay for them and then remove the ban. Instead they expect you'll buy more consoles...

From what I've seen, those "free" games were everywhere on all the major gaming sites. They probably banned 10's of thousands of people for it. Considering their low Xbox One sales, the banned people would have made an appreciable difference in their sales numbers.

Is it a bannable offense to actually pay and download marketplace DLC items from a different region than your own?

Like if you created a UK account but paid for DLC while living in the US (therefore using a US console)?
IIRC it's listed but no one has reported being banned for it.

I went back in this thread and found this for you. It was posted multiple times as one of the possible reasons people were banned.

"Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing"

Thanks bud
No problem. You're probably fine as no one has reported being banned for buying content in other regions at reduced prices. Obviously no one was banned for the "free games" for years...until they were so there's always the possibility. I don't think you should worry about it, just don't do it anymore.

bread's done
Back