XBOX Code Drop ~ NO BEGGING! NO TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='COLDblood']I would have never guessed that would of happened ;)

TH43V-JC9QX-VM66V-YRWYM-PYKQZ[/QUOTE]

This one is already gone

[quote name='COLDblood']really what a shame...

Q7TG3-3GFFC-HGRTM-CTX6M-VQ3RZ[/QUOTE]

Ah hah!!! Got one! This one didnt get lurked by a non-member! It got lurked by a member!

Thanks Coldblood!

[quote name='auxtek']Ah hah!!! Got one! This one didnt get lurked by a non-member! It got lurked by a member!

Thanks Coldblood![/QUOTE]

::looks at auxtek's join date and sheds tear of joy::

[quote name='hoshi112']Copters everywhereeee....where are they coming from?[/QUOTE]

Computerbild.de/gutscheinaktionen/cbs-xbox-360-hubschrauber-6098728.html

Thanks for linking me to a page that is in german :p
But lol, now I know where some of them are coming from...I saw those massive lists of codes someone put together. Unbelievable. I'm sure those didn't come from that since I assume it's 1 per account....

[quote name='hoshi112']sure those didn't come from that since I assume it's 1 per account....[/QUOTE]
99% came from the German site... all though some people have a few stacks from the pre-order deal

I remember when the Banshee and copter prop were both rare and sold for $30 on ebay...

2QQHV-JFC6K-JP4HT-KQ7K4-RPM4Z

[quote name='COLDblood']Really hard to imagine after 4 minutes someone used it.

2QQGQ-FG9TY-2H9HY-JMFD2-3Y4XZ[/QUOTE]
Ah, copter. Still up for grabs as of typing! (already own :p)

I used Coldbloods code forgetting that in my inbox I had one for the heli, so here it is for someone else. Enjoy! 2r32q-h9fkp-2ytrv-hdhfp-xmp4z
:bouncy:

[quote name='Moop']
I used Coldbloods code forgetting that in my inbox I had one for the heli, so here it is for someone else. Enjoy! 2r32q-h9fkp-2ytrv-hdhfp-xmp4z
:bouncy:

[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Used it!

[quote name='YoatOverNothing']I'm going to say yes...you should post it.

Even better...post it in my private message inbox. That would be great.[/QUOTE]
Then I'm going to need you to surrender that code until you deposit those TPS reports in my PM inbox.

[quote name='IPlay4Fun']i have a few more. just have to find which ones i want to give away[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GenPirate']http://www.computerbild.de/

It's a bit pathetic really but some people have the time to do that kind of stuff I guess.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gen

[quote name='hoshi112']It's freaking impossible to get anything in this thread[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']There probably are a bunch of unregistered people as well, but I have a feeling that there is a group of regulars camping this thread hitting the refresh button. :p

It would be nice if they would say thanks, or anything for that matter, so people know a code is used. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GenPirate']People just sit on this thread with the Redeem Code page open just F5ing the entire time.[/QUOTE]

Just a FYI for those who may be unaware...

The reason a high percentage of the drops here go un-thanked after being redeemed in less than 2 seconds is because they are being claimed not by lurking F5 warriors, but by computers running scripts and macros against the thread. No matter how fast you refresh, copy, paste, and click redeem, you're not going to beat some kid's b0x running a well written script. The second new content is pushed to the page, some macro is actively attempting to scour it for redeemable codes. Jumbling definitely helps, bit it's not foolproof, and a computer is going to be able to figure out and try all possible combinations of XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXX** much faster than you can. This is exactly why, after confirming the problem, Epic finally changed their posting methods for code giveaways on Twitter last week. The whole thing had been overrun by bots.

Similarly, I have seen discussions in other places, namely IRC, from people who were openly admitting to running scripts against this thread, and all of whom claimed to have won something. Hopefully, they'll get bored of winning carrots some day, if they haven't already.

This thread is, obviously, also indexed by major search engines. The more popular it becomes, the higher it ranks, the more of this activity you will likely see. It's a typical cat and mouse game. Ultimately, it's going to be up to posters to decide if, and how, they want to attempt to thwart it.

[quote name='GenPirate']It's a bit pathetic really but some people have the time to do that kind of stuff I guess.[/QUOTE]

For people like those mentioned above, they don't even need to be around to participate. Some 15-year old k0de l0rd could be outside flying a kite or sticking his head inside an industrial-sized container of peanut butter and he would still redeem more codes than people who frantically freak out failing to attempt to copy and paste every 30 seconds.

[quote name='Stallio']These codes are being used fast. No biggie. But my thing is if you use it just have the courtesy to say so.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, scripts, bots, and lurkers don't generally fall into the courteous category. Speaking of which, to stay somewhat on-topic here and reward anyone actually reading this nonsense, the first member who wants to claim to be the only person on the planet who doesn't already have a Kinect Adventures Helicopter Prop will get one PM'd to them. Redeem within a short while or it goes public.

[quote name='COLDblood']Well if someone posts dead codes they need to be hung by their toes... as for the lurkers thats why I make the code jumbles or PM the good codes, slow their ass's down.[/QUOTE]

Certain newly registered members have definitely posted already-redeemed codes here recently (originally posted elsewhere). Not really sure what the point is in doing so. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

Que sera sera.

[quote name='j3s']
Certain newly registered members have definitely posted already-redeemed codes here recently (originally posted elsewhere). Not really sure what the point is in doing so. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

Que sera sera.[/QUOTE]

Damn I read this but have the copter =[

The logic here though... I think it has to do with faking rep. I dont think anyone here would complain if COLDblood took + thanked 10 or so codes in a row. Now if someone new did it; it would most likely end with flaming/complaints. Also I think it has to do with looking like a big shot. I could post a used copter and say its a CoD Zombie Map pack. Whats more likely. A: They claim that it was a fake and im a troll, or B: Lurker got it?

9827d7.png

[quote name='COLDblood']
9827d7.png
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, whatever it is, I already own it.

And I think I rather like this format for posting codes. :D

I've picked up a few new codes, but I'm gonna make you work for them... Don't worry, it's easy work!

Alan Wake first Game Add-On content: J683W-K3DD4-2HM9B-QP7WW-4??8W
?? = If you're not listening to AM radio, it must be __ radio

(*DEAD*)Halo: Reach RECON helmet: BGRBT-YRF7J-JM9BG-R37??-YPQ6M
?? = It's that dirty little position you love so much... wink wink!

Forza 3 Game Add-On content: CVHMX-339BC-6HH44-??T2B-69BTT
?? = The iPhone has this network, do you?

(*DEAD*)Dragon Age II SE "The Exiled Prince" Add-On: HDPDY-72MQQ-RWMQP-??JTF-VHYRZ
?? = A basketball legend, the Jumpman himself!

Dragon Age II "Black Emporium & Warhound": P9M6X-2Y236-???CF-M634H-7JD2Z
??? = If this were a slot machine, you just hit the jackpot!

(*DEAD*)And the last one is for a Bulletstorm Online Pass + Gears of War 3 Beta access. For this one, the first person to PM me the last name of the movie character, not the actor, I used for my tags will get the code.
EDIT: And your lucky winner was j3s, congrats! And for those wondering, the last name of the character was Slevin Kelevra in Lucky Number Slevin.

And remember, if you use any code, be kind enough to post here so others don't have to waste their time trying. Thanks and Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vamn']And I think I rather like this format for posting codes. :D[/QUOTE]
I like the format too. Made it a little trickier to get.

Thanks for the code. It was for a Covenant Banshee avatar item.

[quote name='Michael Essien']Well I think this thread should be banned to new users. It would keep the lurkers out and give more of an opportunity to others. That would solve everything[/QUOTE]
This entire forum should only be viewable to registered accounts 6 months or older.

[quote name='dotCody']This entire forum should only be viewable to registered accounts 6 months or older.[/QUOTE]

that would be nice, but then no one would want to join since they wouldnt know what the site was like

[quote name='Double O Slevin']I've picked up a few new codes, but I'm gonna make you work for them... Don't worry, it's easy work!

Dragon Age II SE "The Exiled Prince" Add-On: HDPDY-72MQQ-RWMQP-??JTF-VHYRZ
?? = A basketball legend, the Jumpman himself!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Double O Slevin, claimed the code above :applause:. Perfect timing since I'll be getting that game this week. Didn't get the other one however.

[quote name='Michael Essien']Well I think this thread should be banned to new users. It would keep the lurkers out and give more of an opportunity to others. That would solve everything[/QUOTE]
That would solve nothing. Duration of membership and quality are two different things. Just because someone has been here for 5 years doesn't automatically make them more worthy than someone who has been here for 1 month. That just screams elitism.

Besides, who's to say that the "lurkers" don't have accounts? I'd bet money that much of the time when "lurkers" are blamed for grabbing codes, they're really just registered members who are too lazy/ungrateful to say they did.

As for codes, here are three more.

New Year, New You - Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
H37J4-4GRRM-PDHJR-TKF7W-GV99Z
Helicopter Prop
224XD-QTG4F-KC776-JCCJ3-YRJ4Z
224XJ-JTYDR-MM3J6-3K66R-DMKYZ

[quote name='Andami']That would solve nothing. Duration of membership and quality are two different things. Just because someone has been here for 5 years doesn't automatically make them more worthy than someone who has been here for 1 month. That just screams elitism.

Besides, who's to say that the "lurkers" don't have accounts? I'd bet money that much of the time when "lurkers" are blamed for grabbing codes, they're really just registered members who are too lazy/ungrateful to say they did.

Helicopter Prop
[/QUOTE]

I got the first code here. I just got a Kinect and needed some stuff to do with it. Thanks!

[quote name='Andami']That would solve nothing. Duration of membership and quality are two different things. Just because someone has been here for 5 years doesn't automatically make them more worthy than someone who has been here for 1 month. That just screams elitism.

Helicopter Prop
[/QUOTE]

Thanks I used the first Helicopter code.

It really bothers me that people don't show any appreciation for the efforts of all the generous donors here by at least creating an account or saying "thanks"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back