XBOX Code Drop ~ NO BEGGING! NO TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='garrett9418']Yeah people who take the time to say thanks appreciate it. Lurkers are people who just take the code and leave. If they PM the person who posted the code then thats okay. It is ridiculous that every time someone lurks a code we all have this huge discussion about lurking.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! Pretty often I'm more upset about the neverending "lurker conversation" than the lurkers themselves. I mean really, how many times can you read "darn Lurkers!" before it drives you nuts?

lurker.jpg

are that the lurkers?

well I throwing some PS3 codes now,bye bye guys
see you tomorrow

forget to say something
W2Y6X-XFR4J-39H36-6MF3C-9VD9Z

[quote name='VVaffle']Aaron Griffin code (I have a bunch of these, but I'll drop most of them once the game releases so they're actually useful):
MGM32-T736G-DYX4C-FYD4T-???GZ
[/QUOTE]

Used, thanks alot for the code.

When Halo Ce anniversary Comes out I WILL Post Codes For the Master Chief Avatar Armor so watch This Thread Around November 15,2011

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darkness from above']When Halo Ce anniversary Comes out I MIGHT Post Codes For the Master Chief Avatar Armor so watch This Thread Around November 15,2011[/QUOTE]

That's all gravy and such but until then let's not post things that might happen. The World Might END in 2012 so Stay Tuned For That. Remind us around November 14 if you wouldn't mind. Thank you :D.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']That's all gravy and such but until then let's not post things that might happen. The World Might END in 2012 so Stay Tuned For That. Remind us around November 14 if you wouldn't mind. Thank you :D.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry man if you Want Ill PM you a code,GAMESTOP has confimed i am getting 7 preorder codes

[quote name='darkness from above']Dont worry man if you Want Ill PM you a code,GAMESTOP has confimed i am getting 7 preorder codes[/QUOTE]

Get the fuck out here. I wouldn't mind one but it doesn't matter. Like you said you Might do it.

I can get 2 more Griffin codes for anyone who does not have Facebook. Just quote me and ill PM it to you!

Edit: Both Gone!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']I can get 2 more Griffin codes for anyone who does not have Facebook. Just quote me and ill PM it to you![/QUOTE]

Quote. Thanks

H6DX6-R4FC4-2FDHT-D4XV7-MGTMZ
Banshee code.
(if anyone has a 48 hr, inbox me. I just got my 360 back.)
(Keep your eyes out, will be uploading DLC codes in a few days.)

[quote name='micky124']H6DX6-R4FC4-2FDHT-D4XV7-MGTMZ
Banshee code.
(if anyone has a 48 hr, inbox me. I just got my 360 back.)
(Keep your eyes out, will be uploading DLC codes in a few days.)[/QUOTE]

Lurked

[quote name='ZombieToast']Not that the members-only thread is lurker-free, mind you.[/QUOTE]

Lurkers are people who don't sign up.......so yes it is lurker free.

guys i found a new way to prevent lurkers from lurking codes at the first second,which is by encrypting them with qr codes,and you need a mobile phone or a special reader to dencrypt the codes

here is a Gears 3 griffin code

img.php

you can use sites such as this to encrypt them http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

[quote name='owais95']guys i found a new way to prevent lurkers from lurking codes at the first second,which is by encrypting them with qr codes,and you need a mobile phone or a special reader to dencrypt the codes
[/QUOTE]

How would that in anyway reduce lurkers? Is it a well established fact that lurkers do not own smart phones or something?

It doesn't stop them. But it might slow them down. Which gives others a Chance. This site really needs Tags that hide stuff unless you register. Other sites do it. Why can't this one?

[quote name='AmyGrrl']It doesn't stop them. But it might slow them down. Which gives others a Chance. This site really needs Tags that hide stuff unless you register. Other sites do it. Why can't this one?[/QUOTE]

Exactly that's what i meant,it would slow them down,give others better chance to win something and prevent scriptbots from stealing the codes

Anyway did anyone redeem that gears 3 griffin code?or was it lurked?

[quote name='AmyGrrl']It doesn't stop them. But it might slow them down. Which gives others a Chance. This site really needs Tags that hide stuff unless you register. Other sites do it. Why can't this one?[/QUOTE]

There was a tag that hid codes but you could only see it on Google Chrome, so no one used it anymore

I do not have a smart-phone so it would be un-fair to do that to people like me.

I have never used a single code posted on here and I gave away a bunch but I never know if oneday I might be on and someone posts a Halo code or something I really want/need I do not want to be disappointed that I could not get it because I did not spend $300 on my cell-phone.

:)

Slowing down lurkers also means slowing down members.. that's not how you prevent lurkers. The members-only group is how.

[quote name='JakeBloom']Slowing down lurkers also means slowing down members.. that's not how you prevent lurkers. The members-only group is how.[/QUOTE]

Lurkers would just sign up go in the Members only group

[quote name='MiXmAsTaRoB']Lurkers would just sign up go in the Members only group[/QUOTE]

At least they will have to sign up. IMHO, its a lot easier to say thanks when all you gotta do is click reply (vs. going through the registration process, then clicking reply if a non-member)... Therefore logic would dictate that people who use codes in the "members section" that others drop are more likely to say thanks based on how easy it is to do (since everyone must be a member in that section). (Although people can lurk in the members section just as well, if they choose to, it is better than nothing. ;))

What's the problem with lurkers? I don't see a problem with someone getting the codes faster than other people. It's plain fair.

[quote name='zoobo']What's the problem with lurkers? I don't see a problem with someone getting the codes faster than other people. It's plain fair.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they use scripts to automatically enter the codes.

[quote name='zoobo']What's the problem with lurkers? I don't see a problem with someone getting the codes faster than other people. It's plain fair.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, if they nab a code, they're ungrateful, unappriciative little bastards, so, they don't say thanks because they aren't registered, hence the nickname: Lurker.

[quote name='IIBlazer']Not to mention, if they nab a code, they're ungrateful, unappriciative little bastards, so, they don't say thanks because they aren't registered, hence the nickname: Lurker.[/QUOTE]

some members dont even say thanks , the real problem is members who miss out on the code start to scream a lurker got it.all because they were not fast enough to get the code. there is a members only thread and every dropped code does not get a thank u

the more you guys rant about lurkers then the more members will snag codes and not say thank u just to get a kick out of u guys crying for 3 or 4 pages

[quote name='ZombieToast']Registered members can be lurkers too. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

This. Nothing will stop lurkers, no matter if there's a group where you need to be registered, if they made the topic blocked unless you signed up etc. The people who never drop anything yet sit in this thread all day long moaning "Lurker got it!!!" are worse than the lurkers themselves.

Either stop dropping codes, or stop bitching about lurkers. Easy as that.

[quote name='T9X69']The people who never drop anything yet sit in this thread all day long moaning "Lurker got it!!!" are worse than the lurkers themselves.

Either stop dropping codes, or stop bitching about lurkers. Easy as that.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. If it pains you so much that someone doesn't give you their undying gratitude for banshee or carrot costume codes, then there are plenty of ways to hand them out to people who will acknowledge it. The whole point of this thread is basically just so you can unload an extra/unwanted code so it doesn't go to waste.

I would have sworn on this site years ago (I am not 100% sure) on certain parts of the message board you had to be registered or it limited you to viewing 2 topics a day or something like that.

[quote name='packerfan10']I would have sworn on this site years ago (I am not 100% sure) on certain parts of the message board you had to be registered or it limited you to viewing 2 topics a day or something like that.[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong, but I thought it was only the Video Games Deals forums that you had to be registered to view.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I might be wrong, but I thought it was only the Video Games Deals forums that you had to be registered to view.[/QUOTE]

Oh that might be right. They should add that in here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back