XBox Dashboard Update 11/01/10 (Formerly: Xbox Live Preview Program)

I started to go through the process but balked at the point where it said you wouldn't be able to party chat with people not in the preview program. Not that I do a lot of party chatting, but I figure I can wait, so I'll wait. I'll probably regret the decision, but oh well. :)

[quote name='Vulcan2422']If this is console ID, how the heck do I get my other console on there instead then?[/QUOTE]

You don't or use a second gamertag.

Being in the beta won't prevent you from logging into another 360 that is not in the beta

[quote name='reddjoey']You don't or use a second gamertag.

Being in the beta won't prevent you from logging into another 360 that is not in the beta[/QUOTE]

On tech support right now doing the whole transfer license fiasco and seeing if they will change it over.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']On tech support right now doing the whole transfer license fiasco and seeing if they will change it over.[/QUOTE]

Good luck.

[quote name='reddjoey']Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Yah, Thanks. Up to level 2 support so far......sigh. Maybe in another hour or four they will understand me.:bomb:

Edit: They said that management will get on top of it when they transfer over my licenses. We shall see. Keep me informed when you guys get the update so that way I can call back in case i don't get it.

I don't think I got accepted. The link in the OP just sends me to a page that says "My Dashboard"

Edit: Did the procedure that reddjoey mentioned. Says "Pending ?"

[quote name='SynGamer']So people are already getting into the program? I just signed up yesterday and already feel like my odds are low.[/QUOTE]

It said I was accepted as soon as I entered my information and hit submit. There was no email, the next page just said "Thank you for your interest in participating. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the program. The program will officially start within the next two weeks. Until then, please be patient and check back on this site often for the latest updates."

This time I think it was first come first serve until they shut it down earlier today.

I signed up for it and got in. I hope this ESPN thing works well with my internet. I dont have cable, so watching NBA on ESPN on my tv instead of my computer would be great.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I signed up for it and got in. I hope this ESPN thing works well with my internet. I dont have cable, so watching NBA on ESPN on my tv instead of my computer would be great.[/QUOTE]

You need to go to ESPN3.com and see if your ISP has ESPN3 support before you get your hopes up

[quote name='reddjoey']You need to go to ESPN3.com and see if your ISP has ESPN3 support before you get your hopes up[/QUOTE]

It does, thats where i watch some games. But sometimes the games are kinda blurry because my internet is only about 1.3 KB/s. So i dunno how good it would look on a bigger screen. :(

[quote name='The 7th Number']It does, thats where i watch some games. But sometimes the games are kinda blurry because my internet is only about 1.3 KB/s. So i dunno how good it would look on a bigger screen. :([/QUOTE]

I had 5.3 kb/s internet in 1995. I know yours is faster than that...

Signed up a few days ago when a friend tweeted it.
Got my friends to sign up too.

Im glad if it sucks I have 2 consoles.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']I had 5.3 kb/s internet in 1995. I know yours is faster than that...[/QUOTE]

My bad i meant 1.3 MB/s. I still have to wait for videos to load sometimes, even on youtube.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Shit yes. It's sad that this is probably the highlight of my week.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you and me both.

[quote name='theredworm']anyone get an update yet?

this is great news for my day off[/QUOTE]

Waiting, hoping to god it doesn't brick my two-fiddy slim.

Saw the xbox update preview would be out today saw the headline via N4G looked on xbox and nothing as yet. I suspect it may come round 8pm GMT 1 or later. I'm trying to be patient ooh the excitement xD

I like it my only gripes is the gamercard i like the old nxe card we have now. The banner above your Tag is kinda bland. And they should allow us to change the colour of UI xbox guide and the dashboard. Apart from that everything else looks great

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I am downloading the update right now. Hope everything goes well[/QUOTE]
I'm downloading it as well.

Man ESPN3 looks great in HD. I dont have an HDTV, I play through my monitor. For ESPN 3 you guys are going to need a decent connection to watch in HD.

bread's done
Back