XBox Fall Update Question

prence

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, I've read a bunch of articles on the upcoming dashboard update for the 360. I'm not too thrilled about it but whatever, that's another topic.

My question is, what is going to happen to all the themes that I stupidly wasted my money on? Are they just going to disappear? I really don't think there is any way that they can make them adapt to the new system but I could be wrong.

Has Microsoft said anything about this? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

They said they would work. Pretty sure they said the old interface is still rolled inside the new one.

Yes the old dashboard will be the new "guide" when you press the guid button.

Also all themes will work and each picture will be assigned to an area in the dashboard so if your theme has a different pic for each "blade" in the new interface it will be in the new dashboard as well and the image will change to whatever it needs to when you go to the corresponding section of the new dashboard.

hope that made some sense.

Hmm interesting. I read this earlier:

The old look will be gone forever, though the 'blades' interface will remain in part, as a pull-up mini-menu for commonly-used features while you're mid-game and that sort of thing.

I took it to mean that if the theme DID work, it would only be on a tiny little blade and nothing else. That kind of sucks. I wish I could get a refund for these stupid themes.

EDIT: I think I see what you mean. I guess it's pretty hard to explain until the actual update comes out. Assuming this is the main menu:

http://mos.techradar.com//classific...gaming/games-consoles/images/dash1-218-85.jpg

Where would the theme come in?

Behind that image you posted like the gears of ware theme that can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gamerscore/2674711112/sizes/m/in/set-72157606201203702/
set-72157606201203702

Sad thing is your not going to have much of a choice

But I hear what your saying. I didn't quite like it at first but it has grown on me

[quote name='pimpinc333']Blah. I do not want that new interface. I liked the old one just fine Thank You.[/quote]

Well if you don't want the new interface unfortunately the only way to not have it is to take out your internet connection to the 360 and never connect it again.

Of course that will only work until they make the new interface a patch onto a game disk, ala Dead Rising, Gears 1, Halo 3, and probably Gears 2 to where you won't be able to play games without going through the update.

I will have to say I don't like it either right now.

[quote name='munch']Is there any word on when the update is coming?[/quote]

Almost certain they said November.

I like the look of the new dashboard, the current one is a bit clunky. Don't really care one way or the other about avatars (have only used free gamer pics).

bread's done
Back