Xbox game pass $5/month - can buy multiple (ymmv?)

Has anyone thats never been signed up to gamepass getting the deal? Wondering if you need to be signed up now or previously to get it.
it did for me. Last night I did the 14 day free trial then immediately added about 20 months worth. It’s still showing up live for me this morning.

Many thanks to the OP!

I cashed out all of my Bing and GS points for MS dollars and managed to get game pass through May 22, 2019 with zero money out of pocket. 😎

it did for me. Last night I did the 14 day free trial then immediately added about 20 months worth. It’s still showing up live for me this morning.
No go for me trying this. Still shows 9.99. I have the 3 month for 19.99 promo showing up.

Cool cool cool. I'm good through January for $45 with the Free month from my Scorpio and the bonus month. Had a few error messages but waiting a minute and trying again worked.

Saw this last night and didn't bother because I forgot about that Free month code and a single month for $5 would have expired before Sea of Thieves came out anyway. :D

giphy.gif

I never activated anything with gamepass and i got the offer. Signed up for 2 years. Figured it will save me money in long run.

Good until 2/9/2020! With all future 1st party games coming to game pass this should be a pretty great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't work for me. Keep in mind that I got an Xbox One a couple of months ago and that it came with a free month of this service (somehow extended to TWO months for reasons I have yet to fully understand). Turning off auto-renew was supposed to change the price to five dollars; it didn't.

For those who aren't getting the promo, might want to try this on their website. Go to the gamepass page. If it's giving you the normal price, log out of your account and immediately back in. I did this and it gave me the promo amount, although I also saw it on the dashboard.

Promo is showing up. But not working at the moment. I click Subscribe and it says "Something went wrong"

EDIT: Got it to go through once. But then it broke again. Pretty flaky right now.

So I had the promo this morning. After work, I thought I try my free 14 day trial and then stock up, but after activating the trail, it went back to full price.

Ended up stocking up a year. I'm pretty skeptical of the service in general. And how many first party titles Microsoft will actually be pushing out. So I'd say a year's worth is a pretty good trial run.

Been trying to see this for the last day or two. Tried different browsers, IPs, devices, etc and nothing is getting the half-off to show up :( Thanks for the heads up though!

Tried this since OP posted and finally had luck. Tried each method a few times. What finally worked for me was clicking on the link, switching to the one month from the drop down and signing in. Once I signed it it showed up as $5 for me. Thanks OP

somehow it showed up for me today after trying for the past few days.  in for a year!

edit: my bank started declining the repeating charges.  i had to deal with their fraud protections to get some of them to go through.  hahahah

somehow it showed up for me today after trying for the past few days. in for a year!

edit: my bank started declining the repeating charges. i had to deal with their fraud protections to get some of them to go through. hahahah
Should get some credit on the cheap to make it easier. ;)

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/962318273298780160

Wait, gamepass was $1 a month before? Was this a one time thing? I wasn't hip to gamepass at the time but it's a great deal now that all first party M$ games will be on it.
For black friday and then on the christmas sale it was for a dollar each. I doubt it will ever be that price again except for those holidays.

I was able to snag this for 2 years. It was broken for me to do but tech support hooked me up. Purchasing Services are acting up.

I was able to snag this for 2 years. It was broken for me to do but tech support hooked me up. Purchasing Services are acting up.
Was it only showing up as $10 for you but you got them to give it to you for $5? If so, where did you contact them and what did you say?

I ended up going through November of 2019. I bought Xbox gift cards to pay for it so I wouldn't have a bunch of PayPal charges. Definitely a worthwhile deal. I initially saw this on the dashboard, but it didn't go anywhere when I clicked. So thanks for posting.

Was it only showing up as $10 for you but you got them to give it to you for $5? If so, where did you contact them and what did you say?
I contacted Microsoft promotion support. Request a call back. They bought what I wanted for 5 a month. It let me buy one then defaulted to 9.99.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to view which games are leaving the service well ahead of time? That would help plan which games to prioritize to play first.

Only two games have ever left at this point, and MS made it clear a month ahead of their leaving (and one was replaced by a newer version of it). So it's a bit hard to guess/tell how it'll get handled long term when there's no real pattern to follow at this time.

• WWE 2K17 (Xbox One)
  • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain (Xbox One)

<p>

Only two games have ever left at this point, and MS made it clear a month ahead of their leaving (and one was replaced by a newer version of it). So it's a bit hard to guess/tell how it'll get handled long term when there's no real pattern to follow at this time.

• WWE 2K17 (Xbox One)
Ok, I appreciate the info. You’d think they’d eventually develop some sort of pattern as I can’t imagine just continuing to add games without removing some others.

I’ve got to say, as an old timer from the days when you’d buy a NES game for $40-$50 and that’s what you had to play for a month — or more — the value of modern gaming is incredible...a library of 170 games of NES+ quality for less than $10 a month? Wow.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to view which games are leaving the service well ahead of time? That would help plan which games to prioritize to play first.
If you click on a Game Pass game there will be an expiration date for the "20% off" discount to own the game. We can probably assume that is when the game is currently expected to leave the collection. I would ignore the dates on the MS published games though. They will likely always be available just like Netflix originals. :D

• WWE 2K17 (Xbox One)
No, that's not true. Everyone always says that because that's what Microsoft says, but they removed Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara without announcing it. There might have been another game I can't remember, but it wasn't announced either.

Eligible for deal, but still more expensive than what I paid for for Halo, Gears, Rare Replay, etc combined. And then most of the 360 “arcade”/indie games I bought during that big sale that happened a month or so before game pass launched. Bunch of key games were PS+ freebies too.

So yeah, Sea or Thieves and Crackdown coming to the service are kinda essential to make it worth it, and on one hand you’d think $60 a year we’ll thats what you’d be paying for Sea or Thieves anyway, but for Cags, more like $15.99 GCU three months later... which can be traded in for a profit another month after that at GS. And so on and so on.

Tried game pass with the $1 deal last month. I thought it was pretty good. I had a lot of snow days to get some games in and played a lot of the indie games I never would have bought or played had it not been for gamepass. Downloaded a few other games Ive been wanting to play or try.

Bought 3-4 months worth with the $5 deal and may buy more if it stays on longer. Really anticipating Sea of Thieves and playing through a few games that are on my list now. Will see how they go and wait for State of Decay

If you are on the fence I would suggest gamepass. Especially if you are like me and swaying back and forth between playing/buying some indie games

It let me play through Metal Slug XX without having to buy it, so Gamepass has got that going for it. I couldn't get the half off deal, but I did get a couple of months just for buying an Xbox One, so there's that.

bread's done
Back