Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Just bought 2.5 years of gold and converted to game pass for $1. Good through end of Jan 2022! State of Decay 2 and Forza Horizon 4 already downloading :)

^ it said something about it not being redeemable again when I signed up, and that the price was subject to change (standard legal mumbo jumbo). Doubt they'll let you cancel and redo it. Sorry man, that's a bummer.

If you have another account though or if you game share with anyone you might be able to get in on it on the other account, try that if you can.
well.. RIP.

Eh when my time is up, I'll just cancel ultimate and renew gold only. It's not like Microsoft will stop deals on memberships in the future, right? Hehe... right!? :cry: It'd have been nice not to worry for a while though

Okay, I need the experts advice and to let me know how to maximize this. Currently, I have Xbox Gold until 6-11-2020 and Gamepass until 8/21/2019. I have another 12 month gold card I am gonna add which will put me at 6-11-2021 for Gold. Can I add another 12 month Gold card which will put me at 6-11-2022 and then add the Ultimate Gamepass promo for $1 which would then bring my sub to 7-11-2022? It that right? Does it cancel out the remaining 2 months I have on Gamepass currently? Am I not able to add the 12 month sub and need smaller 6 month or 3 month codes instead because I would go over 3 years by 1 month? Teach me!

Some people on the slickdeals thread have said they canceled and were able to reapply the deal. It’s ymmv since it’s a risk, but some people have reported success. If you’re only losing 6 months of potential savings it might be worth it to try.

Okay, I need the experts advice and to let me know how to maximize this. Currently, I have Xbox Gold until 6-11-2020 and Gamepass until 8/21/2019. I have another 12 month gold card I am gonna add which will put me at 6-11-2021 for Gold. Can I add another 12 month Gold card which will put me at 6-11-2022 and then add the Ultimate Gamepass promo for $1 which would then bring my sub to 7-11-2022? It that right? Does it cancel out the remaining 2 months I have on Gamepass currently? Am I not able to add the 12 month sub and need smaller 6 month or 3 month codes instead because I would go over 3 years by 1 month? Teach me!
The max you get from conversion is 36 months, so out to 6/2022. Ideally you’ll have 35 or 36 months prepaid; anything else will be dropped. If you can apply the 12 month cards and make sure that recurring billing is not turned on so you don’t get an extra month, you should be good. You just have to be careful that you don’t get an extra month from the first redemption, which would push you into 7/2021 and make it so you can’t redeem the next 12 month pass. If you do get the extra month, just turn off recurring billing and add a 6 month and get the extra month. That should put you at about 3/2022. With your banked gamepass time and he month that you get for the $1, you should be close to max or at max.

The max you get from conversion is 36 months, so out to 6/2022. Ideally you’ll have 35 or 36 months prepaid; anything else will be dropped. If you can apply the 12 month cards and make sure that recurring billing is not turned on so you don’t get an extra month, you should be good. You just have to be careful that you don’t get an extra month from the first redemption, which would push you into 7/2021 and make it so you can’t redeem the next 12 month pass. If you do get the extra month, just turn off recurring billing and add a 6 month and get the extra month. That should put you at about 3/2022. With your banked gamepass time and he month that you get for the $1, you should be close to max or at max.
Hmm, how would I know? I added my first 12 month gold code like an hour ago and it shows expires on 6-11-2020 in my account. Recurring billing is off. I plan on adding another code either tonight or tomorrow and that should move me to 6-11 or 6-12-2021. I'm just wondering if it's gonna go off my 8-21-2019 gamepass when converting to Ultimate or my 6-12 gold sub. If I understand right, it acts like I don't have gamepass right now and just looks at my gold sub instead. If that's the case and I add another 2 years of Gold live to my account and then do the 1 month Gamepass Ultimate for $1 promo, it would bring my Gamepass Ultimate to 7-12-2022 correct? That one extra month is not apart of my current Gold sub so it won't matter right?

Just saw cdkeys offers 1 month gamepass for $1.  Too late for me but crazy deal if you can stack up for the 3 years.

Hmm, how would I know? I added my first 12 month gold code like an hour ago and it shows expires on 6-11-2020 in my account. Recurring billing is off. I plan on adding another code either tonight or tomorrow and that should move me to 6-11 or 6-12-2021. I'm just wondering if it's gonna go off my 8-21-2019 gamepass when converting to Ultimate or my 6-12 gold sub. If I understand right, it acts like I don't have gamepass right now and just looks at my gold sub instead. If that's the case and I add another 2 years of Gold live to my account and then do the 1 month Gamepass Ultimate for $1 promo, it would bring my Gamepass Ultimate to 7-12-2022 correct? That one extra month is not apart of my current Gold sub so it won't matter right?
If you convert with Gold going to 6/2021 (2 years) and GP to August 2019 (2 months), then you should get 24 + 2 + 1 months of GPU which would take you out to 9/2021. If you add another year of Gold first it won't take you past 6/2022, so a few months would go to waste, but still a great deal. I did see one person claiming that having more than 3 years combined was a problem, but others said it was fine. If you want to play it safe you could add a 6 month code instead and make it out to 3/2022.

If you convert with Gold going to 6/2021 (2 years) and GP to August 2019 (2 months), then you should get 24 + 2 + 1 months of GPU which would take you out to 9/2021. If you add another year of Gold first it won't take you past 6/2022, so a few months would go to waste, but still a great deal. I did see one person claiming that having more than 3 years combined was a problem, but others said it was fine. If you want to play it safe you could add a 6 month code instead and make it out to 3/2022.
So don't add two 12 month gold codes and instead add one 12 month gold code and one 6 month code? Could I add a 6 month and a 3 month instead of another 12 month? I am still a little confused on how many months I might potentially lose by adding 24 months or two 12 month codes.

So just to clarify I can have 35 months of either live or game pass because once I join it adds one month correct?

My live is good until 11/2021, and game pass set to renew end of August 2019, is that near the max?

I also have not redeemed the month for the spymaster bing quest.

So just to clarify I can have 35 months of either live or game pass because once I join it adds one month correct?

My live is good until 11/2021, and game pass set to renew end of August 2019, is that near the max?

I also have not redeemed the month for the spymaster bing quest.
Yes. Any combination of time between those products will convert to ultimate. For you, you need a six month gamepass code to max the deal, or a 6 month XBL code if your XBL expires before 11/12/2021

So don't add two 12 month gold codes and instead add one 12 month gold code and one 6 month code? Could I add a 6 month and a 3 month instead of another 12 month? I am still a little confused on how many months I might potentially lose by adding 24 months or two 12 month codes.
When I converted I had live out to 6/2022 and game pass to 7/2019. My game pass ultimate goes to 6/2022. For me it just dropped the extra months.

The system will not allow you to have more than three years (36 months) of the service. When you buy the deal in the OP, it will combine the months of Live and Game Pass that you currently have, plus it will add a month. So the "perfect" amount is 35 months. Right now, you have 14 (a year of Live, two months of Game Pass). Adding a year gets you to 26. Your perfect amount after that would be nine months, so yes, a six and a three. If you added another year, you would be at 38, so at a minimum, you would lose three months. A few users early on indicated that if they went above 36, they couldn't do the deal at all, so many of us have played it safe and not gone over. More recently, people have just indicated that they've lost a couple of months which isn't a huge deal.

I got 2 years and 6 months out the deal somehow I know in 2022 I will be haunted for not having the extra  months LOL but so much could change then. fair enough.  I ponied up on this deal I didn't want to be haunted like the gcu.

Do 1 month codes that were included in some games stack?

Thanks for the heads up OP! By luck with my remaining gold expiring this month, I was able to purchase 2 1/2 years of gold exactly and got 3 years with the free months for leaving auto renew on. Got Ultimate till 2022!  :xb1:

Had to buy it through my dashboard but it worked.

Also fortunate enough to redeem all my codes to add up to exactly 36 months...I don't think I need to buy any games now until 2022 except Cyberpunk 2077 :) 

I want to give a shoutout to the trading forum for hooking me up with 12 months Gold. There are good people there and I got it cheaper than I would elsewhere!

Well, I got Ultimate for a good long time now. I hope their new games are good!

I'm trying to find the best deal on Xbox live gold that doesn't require a wholesale club membership (Costco...).. I need 2 years. Nervous about using the trading forum here because 1) never used it before and 2) sending funds via f/f gives no protection in the case of someone selling bad codes.

Aside from the 51 dollar 12 month codes on cdkeys has anyone found any better deals? (I'm in USA)

Costco is/was selling 12 & 24 months of Live. I grabbed 24 months for 94.99- kicker is you have to be a member or make the purchase through a member's account. But it's a better deal then the 12 months for $50+

Yes. Any combination of time between those products will convert to ultimate. For you, you need a six month gamepass code to max the deal, or a 6 month XBL code if your XBL expires before 11/12/2021
Would it not be 29 months of gold, 2 months for game pass+unredeemed month for a total of 32, then the ultimate month so 33 months? Then just a 3 month xbox live? I think my live is running out November 4th or 5th

Would it not be 29 months of gold, 2 months for game pass+unredeemed month for a total of 32, then the ultimate month so 33 months? Then just a 3 month xbox live? I think my live is running out November 4th or 5th
Yeah, you are pretty close to the max already. If you wanted to drop a 3-month code on just to get full benefit you could, but I wouldn't hesitate to convert either, it should take you to 3/2022 or so.

Huh... Looks like this is dead now?

*EDIT* nope... I'm just having weirdness on my account... Currently on chat with Xbox support. Sigh.

Just wanted to go on the record and help anyone that may be in my shoes.   Or work my way out of a jam...

I had an XBLG subscription that expires on 6/21/2020.  I attempted to add a 24 month code and was denied due to there being a 3 year limit.  Now I'm trying to trade the 2 years down to 21 months so I can attempt to max out the Gamepass deal.  

Anyone want 2 years for their 21 Months?

The system will not allow you to have more than three years (36 months) of the service. When you buy the deal in the OP, it will combine the months of Live and Game Pass that you currently have, plus it will add a month. So the "perfect" amount is 35 months. Right now, you have 14 (a year of Live, two months of Game Pass). Adding a year gets you to 26. Your perfect amount after that would be nine months, so yes, a six and a three. If you added another year, you would be at 38, so at a minimum, you would lose three months. A few users early on indicated that if they went above 36, they couldn't do the deal at all, so many of us have played it safe and not gone over. More recently, people have just indicated that they've lost a couple of months which isn't a huge deal.
Okay. It's a little confusing. It will be easier for me to find a deal on a 12 month code than a 6 and a 3 or 3 3's but then I would lose 3 months and I might not get the deal. If I didn't do the 3 months of gamepass for $1 in the first place, I wouldn't have this issue but like everyone here, I had no idea M$ was gonna do this Ultimate Promo.

Whew!  Well, something changed because I was finally able to upgrade!  Only took two days and about an hour or more on the phone.  No idea just what happened though, since I was supposed to get an update from Microsoft sometime today about my case and haven't heard anything.

I did notice that they're really updated the Game Pass Ultimate pages in the last day, so maybe they've fixed something on the front end?  I also had PCs on my account and not just the Xboxes, but I can't imagine that's particularly uncommon?

Okay. It's a little confusing. It will be easier for me to find a deal on a 12 month code than a 6 and a 3 or 3 3's but then I would lose 3 months and I might not get the deal. If I didn't do the 3 months of gamepass for $1 in the first place, I wouldn't have this issue but like everyone here, I had no idea M$ was gonna do this Ultimate Promo.
I cannot say for certain as I've not looked at the coding, but the way it seems, it sounds like people were having problems adding over 3 years of Live *alone*. For example, if they had 13 months of Live and zero months of GP, they could add a 12 month code no problem, but if they tried to add a 24 month code - ERROR.

Similarly, say a person had zero months of live and zero months of GP. Bought 3 12month live codes, entered the 1st code on the site, but didnt turn off the 'free month for recurring billing' (i.e. got 13 months). Enter 2nd code, no problem. Enter 3rd code (which would take them to 37 months) - ERROR.

I'm sure that when I converted, I had 34.5 months of Live (got an extra 14 days from redeeming a 1 month code) and 2 months (+six days) of Game Pass remaining from the $1/3mo. offer. With the 1 month that comes with the switching to ultimate, I *should* have been over the 36 month limit combining Live and GP. However, it converted just fine, simply dropping the extra time and giving me a full 3 years of Ultimate.

Take that for what you will.

Yeah, the "over the limit" problem seems pretty rare, I wouldn't worry about it too much - as long as you aren't going over 36 months in just one sub (Live or GP) because that will make it impossible to redeem a code. Your GPU sub should just end June 2022 if you go over a little.

I bought 3 years of live and accidentally had auto renew on so I couldn’t redeem the 3rd, but after about 15 mins with Xbox chat support they got my account set up with the 3 years of ultimate. Don’t know if it’s been mentioned in the thread already but worth a try for those who wanted the full 3 years but couldn’t get it.

Yeah, the "over the limit" problem seems pretty rare, I wouldn't worry about it too much - as long as you aren't going over 36 months in just one sub (Live or GP) because that will make it impossible to redeem a code. Your GPU sub should just end June 2022 if you go over a little.
Okay thanks. It's clear that there are certain users here that know more about this than others so it's very helpful that we don't all have to call up support.

Some people on the slickdeals thread have said they canceled and were able to reapply the deal. It’s ymmv since it’s a risk, but some people have reported success. If you’re only losing 6 months of potential savings it might be worth it to try.
Do you know which page? I'd like to glance over those comments before going full force lol

Wow this is an awesome deal. So I am guessing everyones ultimate game pass does not expire until June 2022? That is what mine is now showing.

Any idea how much time is left?

Managed to get a discounted 12 months, but now I'm wondering if I have time to get the 2 year deal from Costco tomorrow.

It would put me at ease if I knew how long this $1 deal would last. If it's "end of E3" that makes me think tonight's the last chance.

So safe to say I have until tomorrow night?

Going to try to get the full 36 months if so.
I have no idea. I am also trying to get one more 12 month code to add before I do the Ultimate promo and I am pretty sure it will work through tomorrow since it's still E3. Might even last until Friday but I am personally going to try to get this taken care of by tomorrow night.

I can confirm that I successfully cancelled, got my gold and gamepass months back (had to use live chat), loaded on gold (thanks to Cobb L), and went to subscribe to Ultimate again and now I have ultimate till 5/22. fuck YES!

Ughh I just tried what Krivas95 did on chat and they screwed it up! They reverted me back to my old subscription, but now I can't get the $1 deal. I thought about just adding a couple of years to my current Gamertag and then repurchasing the Ultimate for $14.99?

Any idea on what to do now? A different chat agent said to create a new Gamertag and then add the subscription and change it to home? I haven't done that before, does anyone have any suggestions? I wanted to add 36 months.

Ok so I don't any xbox consoles right now, but still have gold expiring next month, 7/15/2019. I also have some 1yr xbl gold codes from ms rewards and even found a super old 1yr code from an og xbox live starter kit.

Question though is can I check if the codes are still valid on their site like how psn gives a confirmation screen? or will it auto redeem a good code?

Just want to make sure because I either have to ask support if they can cancel my remaining time or somehow trade a 12month sub for either 6+3month codes or 3x 3month codes.

bread's done
Back