Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok So not sure if this has been posted. Currently Discord is running a deal for 1 month free of Nitro.

If you take up this offer, you also unlock an offer for 3 months free of Xbox Gamepass for PC for 3 months (New accounts only, just make a new account if you have to)

Then once you activate that you can take up the offer for The Ultimate Upgrade 1 dollar for the first month and +2 free months.

So charge a dollar, and you will get another code to redeem for 3 months of Nitro free

Also 3 + 1 + 2 Month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for PC free

So Overall what I got was 4 months of Discord Nitro, 6 Months of Game Pass Ultimate for PC (I dont have an Xbox), and a month free of Disney + for a dollar
I'm not at all seeing a way to make this work. Then again, I already have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate until May 2022, and I already used my DIscord Nitro freebie from Game Pass...

I'm not at all seeing a way to make this work. Then again, I already have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate until May 2022, and I already used my DIscord Nitro freebie from Game Pass...
This is more for people that have nothing to start with, basically a dollar gets you 6 months of Ultimate and 4 months of Nitro. For those who already have Xbox Live, its moot. I wass pointing out how you can stack the Free Trial with another free trial, upgrade, and extend both "Free" trials for a dollar.

I mean why would anyone without an Xbox pay for Live Gold?

Does the 3 month for $1 promo add to your current sub time? For example if I have 3 years of gold and use the promo does it add an extra 3 months on top of that or does it still remain capped at 3 years. Or, alternatively, does it simply not add any additional time at all since it just converts your existing time?

Just trying to figure out if its best to have 3 years set before doing the promo or if 2 and 9 months is optimal.

Still working without a hitch. Added 3 years to my account (be sure to turn off the free month offer each time you enter a card or you won't be able to add the last) then claimed the $1 for 3 months of Ultimate promo. It actually added two additional months to my 3 years when doing so for somehow.

Still working without a hitch. Added 3 years to my account (be sure to turn off the free month offer each time you enter a card or you won't be able to add the last) then claimed the $1 for 3 months of Ultimate promo. It actually added two additional months to my 3 years when doing so for somehow.
Are you saying that your GPU expiration is later than January 2024?

Is there anywhere with decent pricing on XBL subs right now? I was considering reupping mine (it's been lapsed for a year or two), and thought I'd try to pick up a cheap sub and convert it.

Microsoft is so consumer focused and generous as of late. They’re starting to make apple look like the establishment. Never thought I’d ever say that. Bill and Steve leaving was good for business. Speaking as a shareholder.

Is that...sarcasm? They've been pretty bad at consumer-focused stuff for a while now, IMO. Their Elite Controllers are super expensive and more failure-prone than the stock ones that cost one-third of the price. Their Surfaces have barely improved in the last 5 years, yet continue to go up in price. They keep delayed games and telling everyone to get excited for them later. Other than the Series X hardware itself and the GPU conversion, I'm not sure what good stuff they've done for consumers. I won't even get started on Mixer...

Is there anywhere with decent pricing on XBL subs right now? I was considering reupping mine (it's been lapsed for a year or two), and thought I'd try to pick up a cheap sub and convert it.
$50 at Newegg with promo code EMCEHEA39

If you are a Costco member, they have 2 years for $95.

Is that...sarcasm? They've been pretty bad at consumer-focused stuff for a while now, IMO. Their Elite Controllers are super expensive and more failure-prone than the stock ones that cost one-third of the price. Their Surfaces have barely improved in the last 5 years, yet continue to go up in price. They keep delayed games and telling everyone to get excited for them later. Other than the Series X hardware itself and the GPU conversion, I'm not sure what good stuff they've done for consumers. I won't even get started on Mixer...
No that’s my opinion as a shareholder. Also the elite controller is priced like a lot of controllers in that segment. Your point on surface is valid. The reality is they sell well, retooling is expensive, and if you can get away with doing more with outdated tech go for it. Apple has been doing that for years. 3 yrs of nearly the same apple watches, several years of the same iPhone design. Many years of the same Apple TV’s...don’t get me going on macpros. Microsoft is just copying their main competitor’s strategy. High design and less function. Vote with your wallet and buy what you want. That’s what I do.

No that’s my opinion as a shareholder. Also the elite controller is priced like a lot of controllers in that segment. Your point on surface is valid. The reality is they sell well, retooling is expensive, and if you can get away with doing more with outdated tech go for it. Apple has been doing that for years. 3 yrs of nearly the same apple watches, several years of the same iPhone design. Many years of the same Apple TV’s...don’t get me going on macpros. Microsoft is just copying their main competitor’s strategy. High design and less function. Vote with your wallet and buy what you want. That’s what I do.
They're great at pleasing their shareholders, I agree with that. think back to the 5th-gen Surface Pro, when they raised the price from what the 4th-gen cost, took out the included Surface Pen, and raised the standalone price from $50 to $100...because Apple did that. Raising the price, taking out an accessory, and raising the price of the accessory is 0% pro-consumer. To say "they're copying Apple" as a sign of being pro-consumer doesn't make much sense to me.

There are things that MS has done well, but I wouldn't say being consumer-friendly belongs on the list. They're a good place to invest, sure. Their cloud growth is great. Business-oriented ventures are doing well. Heck, I would even say that Office 365 is a great buy for consumers (after previously being very against the subscription model). None of that excuses how poorly they've done in consumer hardware, but pro-consumer and pro-shareholder are typically things that don't go together, and MS is no exception.

On the Xbox one I have the three months for a dollar game pass ultimate offer but reading the fine print it says claim by 1/31/21 but after that it says redeem by 3/2/21 How do you go about claiming it but not starting the offer right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this to work. Had to create a different account on my Xbox, since my original account still had one month of Game Pass left, so it wouldn't let me get the deal with that one.

Here's what I did:

1. Created a second MS account (I just used my kid's)

2. Used XBL cards on my kid's account to buy 2.5 years (2 12-month cards and 1 6-month card)

3. Used the "Upgrade for $1" tile on the home screen (it wouldn't show up when logged into my account; only my kid's)

4. Select "recurring membership to get 1 month free per card (3 months total), then the 3 additional months that came with the $1 upgrade, for a total of 3 years)

4. Download the games onto the Xbox using my kid's Game Pass, then switch to my account to play them.

4. Download the games onto the Xbox using my kid's Game Pass, then switch to my account to play them.
Set your kid’s account as the “home account”. Then you can just download while logged in as your account too.

This is how game sharing works. I set my nephews Xbox as my home Xbox years ago for Xbox live and now game pass. My account is never logged in on his console unless I’m there. Then of course any game he buys I get too since my Xbox is set as his home Xbox.

Did you load up three years of Gold, get it converted to Ultimate and get the free additional months too?
Can confirm, i just bought 3 years of Gold before they double the price everywhere. I added each 12 month sub (avoiding the +1 month for recurring) to total up to 36 months. Then I did the 3 months of Ultimate for $1. Account now shows i have Ultimate through 3/21/24.

Can confirm, i just bought 3 years of Gold before they double the price everywhere. I added each 12 month sub (avoiding the +1 month for recurring) to total up to 36 months. Then I did the 3 months of Ultimate for $1. Account now shows i have Ultimate through 3/21/24.
What do you mean double the price everywhere?

OK time to order.

Yep. I had been debating it for a while...i guess this was Microsofts plan haha. Costco has 24 months for $95 and 12 months for $55 but theyre 1 per member only if youve ever bought from them. Target also has 12 month cards for $60 and redcard saves $3 each.

I supposed stores will either discount the cards that have the 59.99 price on them if they dont sell through them quickly...that or they will be pulled from shelves. Didnt wanna risk it since the conversion to Ultimate might change in the future as well, the wording already seems to have changed as it says conversion cannot be reversed and current time will be converted at the current rate. I took some screenshots of the FAQ saying 1 month gold = 1 month ultimate just in case. I could definitely see them changing this at some point since the conversions once youre already Ultimate are something like 12 months gold redeems for 3-4 months ultimate.

Anyone having issues getting the $1 upgrade to work? It keeps giving me only the option for the $14.99/mo option. Gold was expired and just bought 3 more years.

Yep. I had been debating it for a while...i guess this was Microsofts plan haha. Costco has 24 months for $95 and 12 months for $55 but theyre 1 per member only if youve ever bought from them. Target also has 12 month cards for $60 and redcard saves $3 each.

I supposed stores will either discount the cards that have the 59.99 price on them if they dont sell through them quickly...that or they will be pulled from shelves. Didnt wanna risk it since the conversion to Ultimate might change in the future as well, the wording already seems to have changed as it says conversion cannot be reversed and current time will be converted at the current rate. I took some screenshots of the FAQ saying 1 month gold = 1 month ultimate just in case. I could definitely see them changing this at some point since the conversions once youre already Ultimate are something like 12 months gold redeems for 3-4 months ultimate.
I don’t have a membership at Costco so either Amazon or target.

Anyone having issues getting the $1 upgrade to work? It keeps giving me only the option for the $14.99/mo option. Gold was expired and just bought 3 more years.
Is this what you see? And you got the three-year upgrade still?

3afzf.png

someone posted in another thread that you can do the XBLA to GP(U) conversion twice.  I was under the impressions it's a one time thing.   Has anyone done it twice?

someone posted in another thread that you can do the XBLA to GP(U) conversion twice. I was under the impressions it's a one time thing. Has anyone done it twice?
I did it twice. The first time was for 18 months or so. Once my GPU ended, I added another 18 months of gold before I upgraded to GPU a second time. The only difference was that I paid $1 for the first conversion but had to pay for 1 month at full price for the 2nd conversion.

I would’ve added more time but didn’t want to spend anything out of pocket.

It only works on expired game pass subscriptions and possibly expired gold subscriptions. If so the $1 link showed up on my main menu. If it does not, creating a new account from scratch will force the $1 offer to show up. My account was a 2 yr old unactive acct that I last used for an old XBOX 360 that had expired gold and game pass.

also everytime I redeem cards for the gold I took the option to not auto renew, as that way when it expires I can do this all over again.

Do you have to wait until your current Game Pass subscription is over? I have about two months left on mine, and it doesn't seem to work for me.

Also Costco.com has a good deal for 2 years of Gold for $95 if you need to extend the gold membership.

If anyone was having the same confusion I was, the box that pops up saying you will be charged $14.99 a month means AFTER your gold runs out. You only pay the $14.99 once to sign up for GPU and it converts the rest of your gold.

So what my path was:

1. Had GPU 1st time

2. Let it expire with my gold

3. Bought three years of gold, did not add the extra months

4. Joined ultimate, got pop up saying my gold will be converted, sign up for 1 month for $14.99

5. Get charged $14.99+tax once, rest of gold is converted, turn off GPU recurring

6. GPU+Gold until 2024

bread's done
Back