Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
When you upgrade, they give you a 1:1 rate on your remaining months of Gold AND Game Pass. If you had, like, 6 months of Gold and 3 of Ultimate, you should have gotten 9 months.

Where the funky conversion happens is if you try to add a year of Game Pass or a year of Gold after you've converted to Ultimate. THEN the time gets redeemed at something like one month of Ultimate for 3 months of either GP or Gold.
Yeah, I only had 8 months of Gold, no Game Pass. But my account shows an expiration of 7/23/2022, 3 years from now.

In your earlier replies trying to add gold, I wonder if you had that time but the interface was saying otherwise or maybe in support’s attempts to fix the issue the time was added but again, not displaying correctly.

Either way. Looks like it all worked out in the end!

Yeah, I only had 8 months of Gold, no Game Pass. But my account shows an expiration of 7/23/2022, 3 years from now.

Ok, shameless plug: I’m selling a 12 month Gold code in the trading forum if anyone’s interested in getting in on this deal 😊

Alrighty.  Coming in here way late, and maybe this has been discussed?  Maybe everyone will just think I'm paranoid?

I haven't done the deal.  Primarily because I don't think I'd even use it.  (Had our first baby last year; barely play modern games currently.)  

The line that trips me up on this deal  is "All conversions are final."  I assume this means any of you taking your Live accounts into these accounts will then be "stuck" at an Ultimate account forever?  My gut feeling just thinks, a few years from now, all of the Ultimate accounts will be stuck paying high prices per month/per year with the only way out is to cancel your account out.  (Not a big deal if you don't care about your Gamertag, I guess.)

So I've waffled back for forth, and just decided to leave it alone.  These days, I barely get on Live a couple times a month to play a few Rocket League matches or something.  

The line that trips me up on this deal is "All conversions are final." I assume this means any of you taking your Live accounts into these accounts will then be "stuck" at an Ultimate account forever? My gut feeling just thinks, a few years from now, all of the Ultimate accounts will be stuck paying high prices per month/per year with the only way out is to cancel your account out. (Not a big deal if you don't care about your Gamertag, I guess.)
No, it just means that if you want to go back to basic Gold you have to let your GPU subscription expire first, then start up a Gold subscription.

So I just used the 1$ month of GPU and now I have activated 12 months gold and thinking to make it 3 years
my question is if I activated the 3 years or less and the joined the ultimate pass for the regular price (14.99$), this will convert the total period to Ultimate pass?

Thanks.

The $1 month of Game Pass Ultimate would have already converted the months you had to GPU, if I'm understanding the question correctly.

Alrighty. Coming in here way late, and maybe this has been discussed? Maybe everyone will just think I'm paranoid?

I haven't done the deal. Primarily because I don't think I'd even use it. (Had our first baby last year; barely play modern games currently.)

The line that trips me up on this deal is "All conversions are final." I assume this means any of you taking your Live accounts into these accounts will then be "stuck" at an Ultimate account forever? My gut feeling just thinks, a few years from now, all of the Ultimate accounts will be stuck paying high prices per month/per year with the only way out is to cancel your account out. (Not a big deal if you don't care about your Gamertag, I guess.)

So I've waffled back for forth, and just decided to leave it alone. These days, I barely get on Live a couple times a month to play a few Rocket League matches or something.
Just means if you want to cancel ultimate you dont get your gold/gamepass time back. You start at zero. You can resub to Gold/Gamepass after ultimate runs out. They aren't holding your account hostage lol.

I already used the one month 1$ GPU and has been expired, at the moment I only have 23 months xbox live
my question is, now if joined the ultimate pass for the regular price (14.99$), this will convert the total period to Ultimate pass?

I already used the one month 1$ GPU and has been expired, at the moment I only have 23 months xbox live
my question is, now if joined the ultimate pass for the regular price (14.99$), this will convert the total period to Ultimate pass?
I think a few people have had their months stack with the $14.99 sub.

I'm confused.. have Xbox Gold until 10/19/2020 - got the $1 Ultimate pass and now have Gold until 11/19/2020, on my subscriptions page, it says next month $14.99, next charge 11/19/2020 - thought this is was supposed to be some kind of super deal? I get a month of ultimate for $1 (yeah, that's cool).. Oh and Xbox is down ATM

I'm confused.. have Xbox Gold until 10/19/2020 - got the $1 Ultimate pass and now have Gold until 11/19/2020, on my subscriptions page, it says next month $14.99, next charge 11/19/2020 - thought this is was supposed to be some kind of super deal? I get a month of ultimate for $1 (yeah, that's cool).. Oh and Xbox is down ATM
You should have Game Pass ultimate until 11/19/2020.

The way to successfully do this deal was to extend your gold or game pass membership (not both) as far as possible (3 years max), and then do the $1 ultimate deal, which converted your membership to ultimate for the entire remaining time. Ultimate is gold + game pass.

I think a few people have had their months stack with the $14.99 sub.
This the answer for my question from Microsoft support:

Thank you for patiently waiting. I've got great news! Higher support was able to confirm that so long as you don't have an existing Ultimate subscription, the 1:1 conversion ratio will still apply. This is true even if you've already signed up for the promotion previously. If you redeem your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code today, you will have 22 months + 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in total

And it's worked for me.

Does anyone know if this stacking deal still works? I don't want to buy a lot of Gold time if it doesn't. And just to make sure I got it right, if I buy say 3 years of Gold, I would be paying 1 dollar for 3 years of Game Pass? Thanks in advance :)

Does anyone know if this stacking deal still works? I don't want to buy a lot of Gold time if it doesn't. And just to make sure I got it right, if I buy say 3 years of Gold, I would be paying 1 dollar for 3 years of Game Pass? Thanks in advance :)
The conversion page is still up so I assume the deal is still working. You can only convert once so fill your account with up to 3 years of Gold, then convert (you can't do it piecemeal). One of the guys in the Steam thread did the conversion within the last 7-10 days and it worked, well after the original "cut off" (which is no longer shown on the page)

The conversion page is still up so I assume the deal is still working. You can only convert once so fill your account with up to 3 years of Gold, then convert (you can't do it piecemeal). One of the guys in the Steam thread did the conversion within the last 7-10 days and it worked, well after the original "cut off" (which is no longer shown on the page)
Awesome, thanks.

Of course the rare time I'm looking for Gold, CDkeys doesn't have a great deal going lol. Hopefully this still works around Black Friday time.

Just so I understand correctly: I redeem codes to get my account up to three prepaid years of XBL Gold, then after I have done that sign up for the XBGP Ultimate trial, and at that point it converts the entire three years to XBGP Ultimate?

Is that correct?

Alrighty. Coming in here way late, and maybe this has been discussed? Maybe everyone will just think I'm paranoid?

I haven't done the deal. Primarily because I don't think I'd even use it. (Had our first baby last year; barely play modern games currently.)

So I've waffled back for forth, and just decided to leave it alone. These days, I barely get on Live a couple times a month to play a few Rocket League matches or something.
I felt the same way for several months, but the free three months of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 deal was going to cost me less than the best deal on Gold that I saw for Black Friday ($15 for three months of Gold at Walmart) and they give you the option to cancel the recurring billing if you don't want to do that. Basically, I made the decision to go for it based on the fact that I like getting the Gold discounts. But once I saw how many games were on Game Pass and the quality of what they were offering for download, I regretted not doing it sooner.

This still works.

used my 2 1 yr xbox gold cards i got at a closing ToysRUs way back, and some 1 month cards,

used $1 out of a $5 xbox live card i got from a gamestop store from using the monthly free $5 per month of gamestop power up rewards pro

got xbox ultimate till 06/2023

Yeah I signed both me and my son up for 3 years using this deal over the last couple months. It has completely changed the way I play games.  Now I'm trying all sorts of indie games out that I kind of always wanted to play but was never going to buy.  I was finally out of free/cheap XBL codes from my hardcore CAG days (I used my last one from Blockbuster a few years back).  I had to buy the 2-year subs from Costco for $95 + 1 year for $55.  Still a good deal though - puts me at just over $4/month.

I do think that they will get everyone hooked on this and then jack up the prices.  But at least I'm good for 3 years.  I wish I had bought more of the $22 3 month cards Best Buy had for BF though (to top off my account later).  I only got 1.  If they have them on sale next year, I'll definitely stock up.

I forgot to post this in another thread but I was able to convert my XBL gold sub to GPU a second time. My GPU ended at the end of November. I added 18 months of gold and then upgraded to GPU for 1 month at $14.99. My GPU sub now ends in 19 months.

Unfortunately, none of the gold sub codes that I redeemed triggered the extra month for auto-renewing. I know I could’ve added more time to the Gold sub but I didn’t want to spend anything out of pocket. Everything was paid using MS Rewards points.

If anyone is interested I have a 3-month XBL Gold Sub for sale at $15 (via paypal or trade for $15 eShop currency).  

I forgot to post this in another thread but I was able to convert my XBL gold sub to GPU a second time. My GPU ended at the end of November. I added 18 months of gold and then upgraded to GPU for 1 month at $14.99. My GPU sub now ends in 19 months.

Unfortunately, none of the gold sub codes that I redeemed triggered the extra month for auto-renewing. I know I could’ve added more time to the Gold sub but I didn’t want to spend anything out of pocket. Everything was paid using MS Rewards points.
Thank you. It's good to know that a two-time upgrade, and may be more, is possible.

So lets see if i get this right. I have to do

1. Renew or add years to my XBL account (max 3 years)

2. Sign up for this 1 month thing

and bam, all 3 years become ultimate for the cost of upping or renewing my XBL plus $1

that right?

So lets see if i get this right. I have to do

1. Renew or add years to my XBL account (max 3 years)

2. Sign up for this 1 month thing

and bam, all 3 years become ultimate for the cost of upping or renewing my XBL plus $1

that right?
Yes

I was wondering the same thing as well, thanks for confirming. I will add 2 more years of Xbox live tomorrow and upgrade to ultimate.
The only caveat being they could change this deal at any time. I did it myself about 2 weeks ago, though, and it worked. At some point they might use the conversion rate (where gold gets you much less time for ultimate) that currently only applies once you have Game Pass. But for now I think you are OK. IMO, I'd just do it ASAP and not wait any longer.

As I stated before, it has totally changed the way I play games now. I was never completing very many games per year before as I mostly just played Destiny 2. But since I upgraded my account about a month ago, I've played through Outer Wilds (just can't quite get that last bit done - keep running out of time), Moonlighter, The Gardens Between, Children of Morta, and am now deep into Subnautica, which just might be one of my favorite games ever. Before, I would buy games and then just never get around to opening them to play. I've made some money back by selling a bunch that I wasn't going to get to. Since the Game Pass games are so easy to just jump into, I'm trying more stuff without worrying about being able to commit the full time to beat it.

On the flip side of the equation, I also started playing Untitled Goose Game which I thought was a blast but then they pulled it from Game Pass with very little warning. I think it showed up on "leaving soon" and then it was gone 3 days later. That is definitely one of the drawbacks - and it's been keeping me from starting bigger games like DragonQuest XI and No Man's Sky. Interestingly enough, I own both on PS4, but would play the X1 versions if I knew they'd stick around for a while. I'd hate to have them pulled out from under me. I feel like they should give at least a 1 month warning.

But for shorter games, and presumably the Microsoft published ones which I assume will stay for a long time (if not forever), it is a great service.

The only caveat being they could change this deal at any time. I did it myself about 2 weeks ago, though, and it worked. At some point they might use the conversion rate (where gold gets you much less time for ultimate) that currently only applies once you have Game Pass. But for now I think you are OK. IMO, I'd just do it ASAP and not wait any longer.

As I stated before, it has totally changed the way I play games now. I was never completing very many games per year before as I mostly just played Destiny 2. But since I upgraded my account about a month ago, I've played through Outer Wilds (just can't quite get that last bit done - keep running out of time), Moonlighter, The Gardens Between, Children of Morta, and am now deep into Subnautica, which just might be one of my favorite games ever. Before, I would buy games and then just never get around to opening them to play. I've made some money back by selling a bunch that I wasn't going to get to. Since the Game Pass games are so easy to just jump into, I'm trying more stuff without worrying about being able to commit the full time to beat it.

On the flip side of the equation, I also started playing Untitled Goose Game which I thought was a blast but then they pulled it from Game Pass with very little warning. I think it showed up on "leaving soon" and then it was gone 3 days later. That is definitely one of the drawbacks - and it's been keeping me from starting bigger games like DragonQuest XI and No Man's Sky. Interestingly enough, I own both on PS4, but would play the X1 versions if I knew they'd stick around for a while. I'd hate to have them pulled out from under me. I feel like they should give at least a 1 month warning.

But for shorter games, and presumably the Microsoft published ones which I assume will stay for a long time (if not forever), it is a great service.
I converted one of our friends by telling them to check out GPU on PC since it was $1. They got so sucked in by all the games they were able to find an XSX and bought it after Christmas. Guess one of our gifts to them of another 3 months of GPU will be going to good use lol. My brother is trying it now as well, but not sure what he thinks yet. . .

I do think they'll have to raise the price at some point, BUT for now any additional costs are being offset by the subscription number growth. Even when they do, it will come with more games from big 3rd party publishers so I won't be complaining.

Speaking of games, Children of Morta was amazing and if you liked that co-op then try Overcooked 2. It may look cheesy, but it's an amazing game!

So I know 3 years is the limit for Xbox live stacking. My sub expires in like a week so I assume I have to wait until them to actually add 3 years total since it would otherwise be over 3 years by a few days, correct?

I converted one of our friends by telling them to check out GPU on PC since it was $1. They got so sucked in by all the games they were able to find an XSX and bought it after Christmas. Guess one of our gifts to them of another 3 months of GPU will be going to good use lol. My brother is trying it now as well, but not sure what he thinks yet. . .
Are you not using console sharing? You could at least hook your brother up for free..or even your friend lol.

So I know 3 years is the limit for Xbox live stacking. My sub expires in like a week so I assume I have to wait until them to actually add 3 years total since it would otherwise be over 3 years by a few days, correct?
Correct, you cannot redeem any code that would make your subscription exceed 3 years.

I don't think it's still working but a couple of months ago, 1 year of EA play was transferring to 1 year of Game Pass Ultimate.

Regardless, anyone who isn't a Game Pass Ultimate member and never had a trial on their account should be able to do the 3 months for $1 deal going on now.

Does anyone know if EA Play works the same way? Like if I get 3 years of EA Play, I can upgrade to GamePass for $1?
No, a year of EA play will convert to 4 months of GPU (3:1). There was a glitch a while back when it was converting 1:1 for some people, but I believe it's been fixed. More info:

hgFa1F1.png

Do you have to wait until your current Game Pass subscription is over? I have about two months left on mine, and it doesn't seem to work for me.

This still works.

used my 2 1 yr xbox gold cards i got at a closing ToysRUs way back, and some 1 month cards,

used $1 out of a $5 xbox live card i got from a gamestop store from using the monthly free $5 per month of gamestop power up rewards pro

got xbox ultimate till 06/2023

Ok So not sure if this has been posted. Currently Discord is running a deal for 1 month free of Nitro.

If you take up this offer, you also unlock an offer for 3 months free of Xbox Gamepass for PC  for 3 months (New accounts only, just make a new account if you have to)

Then once you activate that you can take up the offer for The Ultimate Upgrade 1 dollar for the first month and +2 free months.

So charge a dollar, and you will get another code to redeem for 3 months of Nitro free

Also 3 + 1 + 2 Month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for PC free 

So Overall what I got was 4 months of Discord Nitro, 6 Months of Game Pass Ultimate for PC (I dont have an Xbox), and a month free of Disney +  for a dollar

I really max'ed it out. I had a million 3 month cards from black fridays past, and i entered them 1 at a time and selected recurring billing for a free month. After each I'd turn off recurring billing turning 3 month cards into 4 month cards. I did this until i was at 32 months. Then I redeemed from Microsoft rewards a 1 month card to bring me to 33 months, and activated the 3 months for a dollar promo from Ultimate, and I got all 3 years of ultimate allowable and I only actually only used 7 3 month cards. Pretty sick deal.

bread's done
Back