Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $1 only !

CaseX

CAGiversary!
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is only $1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee.  With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold.  Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left.  First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Edit:

Additional tips below.

Once subscribed/converted to Ultimate, if you go to the Xbox website, you can turn off recurring payments if you don't want to pay $15 after your sub ends.

Potential way to maximize your $:  The longest possible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is 3 years.  If you can find Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass deals for cheap, buy enough so the total of those plus your current remaining months

Last edited by a moderator:
I logged into MassGenie today and I still didn’t get the Xbox live subs. All it says it “Unfortunately, a seller did not join your Power Deal.”. What does this mean, Mass genie took $46 x 2 from my account. When do I get my money back if I’m not getting them.

Just woke up and checked, and nope. The deal that I purchased ended yesterday at 5pm and reviews from other buyers made it seem like I'd get my codes within a few hours of it ending. This morning before I went to sleep it said they were both still processing and I planned on inquiring about when they'd finish processing them via chat when I woke up. One of them says preparing for shipment now and the other says the payment failed and to update my payment info (used the same payment for both; maybe there was a limit of one per person?). Anyway, I'm not too pleased with them so far.
I logged into MassGenie today and I still didn’t get the Xbox live subs. All it says it “Unfortunately, a seller did not join your Power Deal.”. What does this mean, Mass genie took $46 x 2 from my account. When do I get my money back if I’m not getting them.

Has anyone had a problem installing the xbox beta app on their PC or laptop? I recently traded in my xbox so no xbox in on my device list and I'm thinking that's why. The MS store says I own the app but when I try to install, it says something about no device for the download. My laptop is my device list.

Also can I login into windows under a separate username from my xbox username? For example, I login into my business username so I have access to MS office but want to use my xbox ID for gamepass to install games. This is my laptop so its not locked against software's or apps.
I also had to manually update to install.

I've tried logging in with a different user name and while it lets me log in, it doesn't let me play any of the game pass games unless I login to Windows with that user name. There's a setting for gaming account and store account but it doesn't seem like you can change the store account from the app for now.

I'm not using this deal. There was someone selling a 6 months Game Pass for $20 in the trading forums on here.
Weak. Why not just post in the Super Mario Maker 2 thread "you guys are dumb for spending $49.94 when I see someone selling it on OfferUp for $30."

Both of mine from MassGenie now say shipped but I don't see any codes anywhere. Hmmm. Looking like I'll run out of time now. I'll redeem them when I get them and not sign up for Ultimate before then, I guess. There may be another chance down the road to convert, but if I convert now from regular to Ultimate, my Xbox Live subs are only worth five or six months when I redeem them later, I guess.

I also had to manually update to install.

I've tried logging in with a different user name and while it lets me log in, it doesn't let me play any of the game pass games unless I login to Windows with that user name. There's a setting for gaming account and store account but it doesn't seem like you can change the store account from the app for now.

In order to install the xbox beta app, I had to manually update to Win 10 build 1903. I additionally had to turn off my antivirus (Panda Dome). Those were the only problems I had.
After updates I got the app to install and just played mutant year zero! Do the pc games have cloud storage also? And are any games cross save with an xbox one?

Both of mine from MassGenie now say shipped but I don't see any codes anywhere. Hmmm. Looking like I'll run out of time now. I'll redeem them when I get them and not sign up for Ultimate before then, I guess. There may be another chance down the road to convert, but if I convert now from regular to Ultimate, my Xbox Live subs are only worth five or six months when I redeem them later, I guess.
Same boat; I'm going to request a refund if I don't hear back from the seller or receive the codes by this afternoon.

It says "Your digital order code from order mgUSxxxx"
I see the order on the Your Orders page with status: Shipped, but there is no Microsoft code. The only code I see is the URL code for the Powerdeal. The latest email I received is that my order was processing, and it didn't contain the code :(

Am I missing something?

I see the order on the Your Orders page with status: Shipped, but there is no Microsoft code. The only code I see is the URL code for the Powerdeal. The latest email I received is that my order was processing, and it didn't contain the code :(

Am I missing something?
The codes are supposed to show up when you click "Track Package" in the field that says Tracking ID. Just woke up and mine are finally there. I was fully prepared to get a hold of them and be like "Yo, what's the hold up," but everything is good for me now.

The codes are supposed to show up when you click "Track Package" in the field that says Tracking ID. Just woke up and mine are finally there. I was fully prepared to get a hold of them and be like "Yo, what's the hold up," but everything is good for me now.
Mine finally appeared! Just redeemed, all is good. Thanks to everyone that chimed in!

Double-post but I'm set until June of 2022 now. I definitely left some months on the table with my current Live and Game Pass subs, I think; my Live was good until next Spring and my Game Pass was good until next Spring also. I just hope if standard Gold goes away by 2022 that Game Pass Ultimate goes down in price or often has really good sales because forget renewing at those prices.

Turns out that the $1 Gold Ultimate deal ends in four days too, according to the site when I view the offer and it says how much time is remaining. Don't know why I thought it ended at the end of the month...
$80 for two years of Live and then $1 for Ultimate (and that dollar was on my account anyway from Bing Rewards can't be beat, except by the people who get their years of Live free from Bing searches (I'm too impatient and use my points on Microsoft or Amazon gift cards rather than save up for Live).

Mine finally appeared! Just redeemed, all is good. Thanks to everyone that chimed in!
Glad it worked out for you too. Hope anyone else who's waiting gets their codes in time.

i can't redeem this code even though i know it's good.  it keeps telling me to use another method.  I tried pc, xbox one.. nothing.  so free to anyone who wants to try:

J979C-YNTG8-4FGB9-KD3VM-JK74F

i can't redeem this code even though i know it's good. it keeps telling me to use another method. I tried pc, xbox one.. nothing. so free to anyone who wants to try:

Same thing here. I get this message:

Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page.
Redeem:

Office 365 for Home

Office 365 for Business

Xbox. Please redeem this code on your console.

So I tried it on my One X and same message. I did a quick google and one of the comments had something to do with make sure the code is for the proper region. I have no idea. I wasn't going to use the code if it's free Gold since I am good through 6-15-2022 but I wasn't even able to if I wanted.

i can't redeem this code even though i know it's good. it keeps telling me to use another method. I tried pc, xbox one.. nothing. so free to anyone who wants to try:

I tried contacting Microsoft support, they want a picture of the front & back and of the receipt. Might be worth a shot?

According to the Reddit post about this, if you add a 3 month xbl subscription it'll convert to a 1 month ultimate. If you add a one month xbl, it'll convert to 20 days. This is after you've done the initial conversion. So I'm guessing a one year xbl gold would turn into 6 months ultimate but that hasn't been tested yet.
I totally spaced when I initially did this deal. I forgot that I had two years of XBL Gold laying around. I went to redeem a 12 month card, and it would convert to 4 months of Game Pass. I'll have to wait until next year to see if they run this promo again. I have Game Pass ultimate until 08/2020.

Edit: Microsoft's customer service is fantastic. I started a chat with Microsoft last night with low expectations. I explained my situation on how I converted my account to Game Pass Ultimate, and I completely forgot that I had two years of XBL Gold laying around. They refunded Game Pass for me, and they allowed me to add on my additional time. After an hour chat or so, I have Game Pass Ultimate until 2022! The promo was over so I paid the one time fee of $14.99 to convert my remaining time to Game Pass Ultimate. Microsoft is great!

This might be the cause of the issue. I can't remember when Microsoft did this, but they converted all of their points to currency cards. I believe 4,000 points would convert to $50 or so. I had two 4,000 point cards that I never used, and I decided to try and use them one day. I originally bought the cards from Expertzone Retail site, and I chatted with multiple reps. Microsoft told me that I would have to contact Expertzone. They also started an internal investigation to see why the codes were valid, but wouldn't activate. After multiple emails with Expertzone, they refunded my original purchase price of the two cards back to my credit card. Those old cards simply don't work after the conversion.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I totally spaced when I initially did this deal. I forgot that I had two years of XBL Gold laying around. I went to redeem a 12 month card, and it would convert to 4 months of Game Pass. I'll have to wait until next year to see if they run this promo again. I have Game Pass ultimate until 08/2020.

Edit: Microsoft's customer service is fantastic. I started a chat with Microsoft last night with low expectations. I explained my situation on how I converted my account to Game Pass Ultimate, and I completely forgot that I had two years of XBL Gold laying around. They refunded Game Pass for me, and they allowed me to add on my additional time. After an hour chat or so, I have Game Pass Ultimate until 2022! The promo was over so I paid the one time fee of $14.99 to convert my remaining time to Game Pass Ultimate. Microsoft is great!
Weird, the page still says there is 1 day left for the promo (as of July 3rd 5:50pm HST). I wonder if it didn't show up for you because you had already done it before? Can maybe give them a ring to get that $13.99 back.

Anyway I chatted with them to cancel my XBLG since it was good until the 15th and I didn't want problems when renewing for 3 years. They cancelled my sub, I redeem 3x 12month codes (didn't get asked about a free month w/ autorenew though), and then did the upgrade for a $1.

All in all, pretty great deal since those 3 years were from bing/ms points, so for a buck (and browsing time), ended up with XGPU until July 2022

Weird, the page still says there is 1 day left for the promo (as of July 3rd 5:50pm HST). I wonder if it didn't show up for you because you had already done it before? Can maybe give them a ring to get that $13.99 back.

Anyway I chatted with them to cancel my XBLG since it was good until the 15th and I didn't want problems when renewing for 3 years. They cancelled my sub, I redeem 3x 12month codes (didn't get asked about a free month w/ autorenew though), and then did the upgrade for a $1.

All in all, pretty great deal since those 3 years were from bing/ms points, so for a buck (and browsing time), ended up with XGPU until July 2022
That's pretty awesome. I don't mind paying the $14.99 for a one time upgrade. The initial offer wasn't available on my Xbox One X or PC. I've already finished Crackdown 3 and Guacamelee 2. That's already worth the price of admission.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is an old inquiry. But I am trying to add in my 12 month Gold code (currently Gold until 11/3/2021 but it won’t let me use the code presumably because it would put me over the 3 year limit. I am willing to “sacrifice” the four months I would lose if it just chopped off the difference because the $1 deal would still make it worth it. Haven’t others been able to get it to the maximum limit?

Now, worst case scenario, I wait until 11/3/2019. I should still be able to then use my 12 month live card bring it to my 3 year max at 11/3/2022, then joint ultimate for the regular $14.99 price in November and still come out ahead?

Sorry if this is an old inquiry. But I am trying to add in my 12 month Gold code (currently Gold until 11/3/2021 but it won’t let me use the code presumably because it would put me over the 3 year limit. I am willing to “sacrifice” the four months I would lose if it just chopped off the difference because the $1 deal would still make it worth it. Haven’t others been able to get it to the maximum limit?

Now, worst case scenario, I wait until 11/3/2019. I should still be able to then use my 12 month live card bring it to my 3 year max at 11/3/2022, then joint ultimate for the regular $14.99 price in November and still come out ahead?
From what I understand, the $14.99 would be the cost of the Ultimate Game Pass broken down on a monthly basis. It wouldn't be a good deal, at that point. You're better off converting now for a $1, and not have to pay a monthly fee for the remainder of your Gold subscription, or buying Gold in smaller month ranges (3 or 6 month) to try and get as close to the Gold max (36 months) and really maximize the $1 deal.

After dragging my feet, I finally took advantage of this and I'm good through 7/4/2022. If anyone is interested I have a 12 month XBOX Live Gold code and a 3 month Game Pass code that I'm willing to part with at a good CAG price, PM me. Looking for PayPal FF.

12 month Gold code is gone, still have the 3 months of Game Pass

I purchased 2years to add to my 9 remaining months, and I got the same message as you. I've contacted microsoft support 4 times and it's been over 2 weeks waiting for them to resolve this. I am currently on chat with them to just cancel my subscription. Once that is done, I'll add the 2 years, then Game Pass Ultimate for $1.

EDIT: They can't cancel my subscription due to a "system error". Hilarious.

bought a couple 12 mo Gold codes for $50 a piece. I was holding off until the last minute in order to see if there were any $40 deals. Alas, retailers were smart and knew to keep the prices higher. Still, totally worth it for pass and gold for PC and Xbox.

Heads up if you're trying to install certain PC games and the install button won't work, some games force you to install latest greatest windows to get it going

Yes it just worked for me. My live gold ended next month. I was able to find 12 month codes on g2a for $43. Picked up another 6 month and with the free months managed to get ultimate for the $1 until 6/2022. Not bad. I figured they might throw this sale out again, but I didn't want to miss it just in case.  Cag on you handsome bastards.

Does anyone have any sort of timeline for when this offer disappears?  Just purchased a physical two year renewal card from BJ's website for 94 dollars.  I know that by the time I have the card the promotion could be gone, but I'll roll the dice.

Read through the last couple pages of the thread, also did some Googling, but couldn't really find any information. 

I don’t think anyone knows when it’s ending for sure. I’ve seen so many conflicting things now. I doubt it will last much longer, personally.

I currently have 8 months of live gold remaining. I've tried to extend the time and it won't let me. I've talked to 6-7 Microsoft techs through chat support and they just open a case, tell me to wait 48-72 hours, then never respond back to me. The prevailing excuse is that my current subscription "account" has been active for over 3 years, so that will not let me add more time. So I figure I can cancel my subscription, then start a new one with 3 years, but when I try to cancel my subscription on the website, and it tells me to contact support. I contact chat support and they give me the run around again. They aren't able to cancel my account because of "errors" and tell me to wait until my subscription runs out. It has been over a month and the promotion ends in 10 days.

Anyone have any ideas on a solution?

I had two months when I got the ultimate game pass upgrade for 1 dollar. I did a live chat. I told them I wanted to cancel because a friend said they wanted to buy a couple years of gold for me as a gift but couldn’t because my Ultimate had already begun.
I requested they cancel my Ultimate and that I understood I would lose the time with no refunds. That was ok by me. Guy asked me to confirm that one more time and I did. He cancelled the membership and I was just a base member with no gold or game pass within about 3 mins flat.

Then I added 3 years of gold via cards and then reconverted for the 15 dollars (not 1 dollar because the account knew I had already done that)

Converted all three years to ultimate.

you might not need to do that though, try the below first...

I know you don’t have Ultimate yet but it’s my understanding you can’t buy more than a year of gold via the Xbox interface. Instead, you have to use the gold cards to add it by entering their code.

This should let you go up to 36 months. Then buy the 1 dollar ultimate upgrade and all 3 years will be converted.good luck!!

I currently have 8 months of live gold remaining. I've tried to extend the time and it won't let me. I've talked to 6-7 Microsoft techs through chat support and they just open a case, tell me to wait 48-72 hours, then never respond back to me. The prevailing excuse is that my current subscription "account" has been active for over 3 years, so that will not let me add more time. So I figure I can cancel my subscription, then start a new one with 3 years, but when I try to cancel my subscription on the website, and it tells me to contact support. I contact chat support and they give me the run around again. They aren't able to cancel my account because of "errors" and tell me to wait until my subscription runs out. It has been over a month and the promotion ends in 10 days.

Anyone have any ideas on a solution?

I tried to extend with 2 gold cards. It doesn't let me add them. I've also went through the cancellation process twice. The first time, the tech received an error and said he would talk to his supervisor and get back to me within 72 hours. No response for 2 weeks. The second time, the tech flat out said there is nothing anyone could do because of the error. That I'm SOL until my sub expires.

I'll try your route of upgrading for $1, then have them try to cancel my sub. Thanks for the reply!

I had two months when I got the ultimate game pass upgrade for 1 dollar. I did a live chat. I told them I wanted to cancel because a friend said they wanted to buy a couple years of gold for me as a gift but couldn’t because my Ultimate had already begun.
I requested they cancel my Ultimate and that I understood I would lose the time with no refunds. That was ok by me. Guy asked me to confirm that one more time and I did. He cancelled the membership and I was just a base member with no gold or game pass within about 3 mins flat.

Then I added 3 years of gold via cards and then reconverted for the 15 dollars (not 1 dollar because the account knew I had already done that)

I know you don’t have Ultimate yet but it’s my understanding you can’t buy more than a year of gold via the Xbox interface. Instead, you have to use the gold cards to add it by entering their code.

This should let you go up to 36 months. Then buy the 1 dollar ultimate upgrade and all 3 years will be converted.good luck!!

If they haven’t been able to cancel it then I don’t think upgrading to ultimate will help.

With that said, at least for 1 dollar you’ll have 10 months of ultimate since you can’t get more gold added anyway.

I tried to extend with 2 gold cards. It doesn't let me add them. I've also went through the cancellation process twice. The first time, the tech received an error and said he would talk to his supervisor and get back to me within 72 hours. No response for 2 weeks. The second time, the tech flat out said there is nothing anyone could do because of the error. That I'm SOL until my sub expires.

I'll try your route of upgrading for $1, then have them try to cancel my sub. Thanks for the reply!

Even though I read your post, I added $100 to my Xbox account to add 2 more years to my account. I couldn't extend my membership through the interface. Fortunately, they let you gift a membership. The code appears in your account so you just copy it and add it to your account and you're good to go. Just can't get the extra month's for auto renewal.

I thought they gave you a discount on the gamepass games if you decide to buy them.
The question was does Game Pass offer additional sale savings, and the answer of "no" is correct. It does, as you state, offer a discount to all Game Pass titles, but it does not stack with any other sales.

I paid $1.06 to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate today. Expected to have 9 months of it. When I check my subscription, it's showing "Recurring billing on 7/23/2022. Next charge $14.99 on 7/23/2022". Not sure what happened, but it looks like I may have 3 years of Ultimate.

If they haven’t been able to cancel it then I don’t think upgrading to ultimate will help.

With that said, at least for 1 dollar you’ll have 10 months of ultimate since you can’t get more gold added anyway.

I paid $1.06 to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate today. Expected to have 9 months of it. When I check my subscription, it's showing "Recurring billing on 7/23/2022. Next charge $14.99 on 7/23/2022". Not sure what happened, but it looks like I may have 3 years of Ultimate.
When you upgrade, they give you a 1:1 rate on your remaining months of Gold AND Game Pass. If you had, like, 6 months of Gold and 3 of Ultimate, you should have gotten 9 months.

Where the funky conversion happens is if you try to add a year of Game Pass or a year of Gold after you've converted to Ultimate. THEN the time gets redeemed at something like one month of Ultimate for 3 months of either GP or Gold.

bread's done
Back