XBox Games on Demand Sale - Mass Effect 1 1600 space bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphyspub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
This is an unnecessary thread. Go to the XBLA thread, Joey is a baller. Real talk.

This is the first time I remember seeing a sale on Games on Demand, which I would love to get more of, but I'm not about to pay 3-4x the cag rate. The standout here is Mass Effect 1 for $15, which is going for $20 on Amazon, and was $15 at Best Buy before selling out, and is pretty sky high anywhere else. And good luck sorting out your points balance ever again if you buy Reach for 2133msp.

Mass Effect 1 - 14.99$ or 1200msp (was 1600)
Alan Wake - 19.99$ or 1600msp (was 2400)
Crackdown 2 - 19.99$ or 1600msp (was 2400)
Fable 3 - 19.99$ or 1600msp (was 2400)
Gears of War 1 - 14.99$ or 1200msp (was 1600)
Halo: Reach - 26.66$ or 2133msp (was 3200)
Halo Wars - 19.99$ or 1600msp (was 2400)

Thread title is wrong re: ME1 price...can't seem to edit thread titles in wiki posts.

None of those games should be more than 15 bucks, except maybe for Reach. This is a nice break for those who can't seem to figure out how to buy Mass Effect 1 properly though (just got 34 dollars for my copy on Ebay for some reason).

[quote name='KaneRobot']Thread title is wrong re: ME1 price...can't seem to edit thread titles in wiki posts.

None of those games should be more than 15 bucks, except maybe for Reach. This is a nice break for those who can't seem to figure out how to buy Mass Effect 1 properly though (just got 34 dollars for my copy on Ebay for some reason).[/QUOTE]

thats nuts

[quote name='KaneRobot']Thread title is wrong re: ME1 price...can't seem to edit thread titles in wiki posts.

None of those games should be more than 15 bucks, except maybe for Reach. This is a nice break for those who can't seem to figure out how to buy Mass Effect 1 properly though (just got 34 dollars for my copy on Ebay for some reason).[/QUOTE]

thats nuts

[quote name='earvcunanan']Can I buy a good ending to ME3 with those space bucks?[/QUOTE]

Give it a few months and I'm sure you'll be able to, knowing Bioware!

Also yikes at $15 for 5+ year old games.

[quote name='AsherFischell']1600 space bucks? That's just enough for lunch, gas, and tolls.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if the OP had to pay Pizza the Hut to get those "deals."

This is the exact reason why I don't trade in my games. I bought Mass Effect shortly after it launched, and I loved it. I'm actually thinking about restarting the series before I jump into Mass Effect 3.

As far as i've seen, games on demand only take money and don't require the conversion to microsoft money. I have like 400 something in points lying around and it just charged me a full $15 for Mass Effect and didn't even give me an option to touch the points.

Guess since some games on demand cost as much as their disc counterparts (not sure why, they have NO production or shipping costs) that they made it cash as people are less likely to buy large bundles of Bill's Wonderbucks

[quote name='Daviddenton3']As far as i've seen, games on demand only take money and don't require the conversion to microsoft money. I have like 400 something in points lying around and it just charged me a full $15 for Mass Effect and didn't even give me an option to touch the points.

Guess since some games on demand cost as much as their disc counterparts (not sure why, they have NO production or shipping costs) that they made it cash as people are less likely to buy large bundles of Bill's Wonderbucks[/QUOTE]

On the dash there's a clearly labeled button that you can press to buy with msp instead of money. On the website there's text in the checkout dialog that says, "Use Microsoft Points." You may only get them if you have enough points to cover the transaction, I've never tried without a high enough balance.

Also, really, this thread? There's been a well maintained XBLM sale thread for so long now.

[quote name='Daviddenton3']As far as i've seen, games on demand only take money and don't require the conversion to microsoft money. I have like 400 something in points lying around and it just charged me a full $15 for Mass Effect and didn't even give me an option to touch the points.

Guess since some games on demand cost as much as their disc counterparts (not sure why, they have NO production or shipping costs) that they made it cash as people are less likely to buy large bundles of Bill's Wonderbucks[/QUOTE]

You need to look a little harder.

I just bought Resonance of Fate using 2000 MS Points.

Yeah you can definitely use MSP to purchase. On the checkout screen you need to press "X" to switch to MSP for the purchase. This is how I paid yesterday.

[quote name='AsherFischell']1600 space bucks? That's just enough for lunch, gas, and tolls.[/QUOTE]

Actually, all I have is 50 space bucks for lunch, gas and tolls. Not enough to buy.

I jumped on this deal. I have been looking for a copy of ME 1 for under 20$ for a while now. My Best Buy has crap in used games so no good there.

Plus I have 1800 pts lying around. Seemed like a good purchase price to me.

[quote name='Lordd_G']Actually, all I have is 50 space bucks for lunch, gas and tolls. Not enough to buy.[/QUOTE]

Order the soup. I don't trust that special...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back