xbox live 12+1 codes?

dmes65

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
Does anyone know what the deal is with the 12+1 codes? I've been looking on ebay to extend my live account and most of the auctions are stating that the 12+1 codes are only to be used for new accounts only? I have never heard of this before.

Don't know if this helps, but I just loaded in a 12-month code from a vision cam kit and it worked like a champ.

[quote name='dmes65']Does anyone know what the deal is with the 12+1 codes? I've been looking on ebay to extend my live account and most of the auctions are stating that the 12+1 codes are only to be used for new accounts only? I have never heard of this before.[/QUOTE]
It has something to do with the cards ebayers get. If you buy one from a retailer you can put it on any gamertag new or existing.

Moral of the story is don't buy from the ebay scum ;)

Most of the auctions on ebay are for the 12+1 cards and if you read they state that they are for new accounts only. I was hoping to get a good deal but I guess I will have to pony up the cash.

I would doubt that they would require a new account; the only time I've seen that is with the 1 month free trials and that's so that people don't stack them. I would say you'll be fine, but make sure the seller is reputable; I bought a 12 month code a while back that wouldn't take and after my third code from the guy didn't go through he stopped returning my emails. He must have closed his paypal account because PP couldn't get the month back either.

I think it means they're stolen cards, to be honest. If you look at the cards, there are two types. There's the loose card that says "not valid until activated at the register" and there's the card that comes in a bubble back or in a Live kit, these don't have that wording. I believe the ones on eBay that say "new account only" are stolen cards that require activation (and obviously can't be activated). Because a new account almost always gets that free month I think they expect that you won't notice a problem until it's too late.

Just be very careful when scratching off the code box. A friend of mine just took a coin to his last week and lost half the numbers in one fell swoop.

So yeah, just use your fingernails, m'kay?

Do not buy any of the codes that say it's for new accounts only. This is a big EBay scam going around and a lot of people on the IGN boards have been burned. If you want to learn about the scam, read some of the auctions from jasper1675.

He seems to be legit as he is a wholesaler selling the cards for cheaper and they're activated by Microsoft so they work on all accounts. He also details the scam in his sale posts.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Just be very careful when scratching off the code box. A friend of mine just took a coin to his last week and lost half the numbers in one fell swoop.

So yeah, just use your fingernails, m'kay?[/quote]
From my understanding Goo-Gone is the best solution to this problem. Put some on a napkin or rag and it'll take the scratch material off.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']From my understanding Goo-Gone is the best solution to this problem. Put some on a napkin or rag and it'll take the scratch material off.[/quote]

is wiggling your index finger back and forth just too simple of a solution for you?! :applause:

bread's done
Back