Xbox Live 12 Month Cards, 19.95 at toys r us

monkeymanx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at my local Toys R Us today to see what they had for those recent markdowns and saw that they had the 12 month live cards for 19.95 and also the 3 month starters for 9.95. I'm not sure if the Original XBL 12 Month cards work with 360, I assume they should, so this could be a great deal. I didn't see this posted in the forums so I thought I would bring it to light. May be a YMMV but I wouldn't think so since it would seem to be a product that they are trying to move out.

That's interesting. Although, I tried a 2-month-free-trial original Xbox live coupon on a 360 and didn't work.

Anyone care to confirm this?

[quote name='2Fast']It works if you have an existing 360 account.[/QUOTE]

So does that mean you already have to be paying to get this to work or can I use this to up my silver to a gold?

[quote name='ironmouse']So does that mean you already have to be paying to get this to work or can I use this to up my silver to a gold?[/quote]

You either have to transfer the account from your original Xbox or already be a paying member I do believe.

so will this work on a regular xbox? i'm desperate to get my xbox live again since my subs ended a couple months ago. would anyone would be willing to pick up an extra one for $25 or so through payal? lcosest TRU's are over an hour away and i highly doubt they have any left

damn copy cats.. i'm first in line lol

anyways i'll check 3 TRU's around here. all 3 are at least 1-2 hr drives away and would highly doubt i'll even be able to get 1 at least if they are this cheap. hopefully another CAG member can come away with several for sale..let me know..thanks

I have one, but am still not certain whether or not I can add this to my 360 live account (this card is intended for the original xbox live). Some say no, it won't work, others say it will, while others say that it will override my current subscription. And I got the card like two weeks ago btw(im pretty sure this deal was posted before as well), so this is probably a clearance price.

I can confirm this works. My details:
bought 360, set up XBOX live account (not a previous xbl user), got free gold month trial.
bought a 12 month from TRU and applied it, and got a year of gold.
The cards at my TRU were not properly marked (none of this stuff was) but it all rang up at the right price at the register. The headset + card + crimson skies will ring up at 29, 3 months 9.98.

This deal has already been mentioned in this thread:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100517

The cards do work on the 360. I bought one and used it without a problem. As far as overwriting your current subscription, it changes the name of your Membership to whatever type of card you used last. If you use a 12 + 1 card, it'll say 12 + 1, for example. But, it just tacks on extra time to your expiration date.

[quote name='SpyderGT']This deal has already been mentioned in this thread:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100517

The cards do work on the 360. I bought one and used it without a problem. As far as overwriting your current subscription, it changes the name of your Membership to whatever type of card you used last. If you use a 12 + 1 card, it'll say 12 + 1, for example. But, it just tacks on extra time to your expiration date.[/QUOTE]

So you already had a gold account and you added it on to that correct?

[quote name='seanr1221']So you already had a gold account and you added it on to that correct?[/quote]

In that case I'm gonna buy it :D ! If I can still find any :roll:.

Dont they have an expiration date on them? I know the 2-3 month trial ones do....

Would I be able to add additional time to my Live account? Like I have 6 months left on my 360s Live gold account, could I purchase this activate it now and extend it for another 18 months?

[quote name='spinksjinx']Dont they have an expiration date on them? I know the 2-3 month trial ones do....

Would I be able to add additional time to my Live account? Like I have 6 months left on my 360s Live gold account, could I purchase this activate it now and extend it for another 18 months?[/quote]

yep, that's what they're for (for 360 users, anyway)!

we have confirmation...

i went to my local TRU and they had 1 left. i wanted a second to really fatten up my subscription, so i wandered into Sears, since my buddy and i were gonna check out the clearance games anyway (picked up WarioWare Twisted for 9.97). took me 15 minutes of "i need a manager's approval" and "i don't think we can match this" to get them to stick to THEIR OWN price-match policy, but as evidenced below, i got my Live card.

even though Sears offers a match +10% policy, it ended up being 16.98 before tax. that extra dollar off paid for the 15 minute trying-to-get-me-to-give-up period, so i'm happy.

don't know if the scan will be of any use to anyone, but here they are:

scans here

Went to ToysRus and picked up 2 12 month-Xbox Live/Crimson Skies bundles for $29.98 a piece. Does anybody know if these expired yet? Will they ever expire? And can I just add them on the Xbox Live service extender on the dashboard?

God, this has been covered a million times. If you have a 360 with a gold account, THEY WILL work. If its expired, call 1-800-4MYXBOX and tell them, they'll activate it.

If you still have a regular xbox, it WILL work. If its expired, same as above...

Wait...so let me get this straight.

If I already have a gold membership on the X360 with my gamertag which I only use for the X360, than I can just buy one of these cards (assuming I find one) and just punch in the code at the XBL menu on the X360 and it'll work?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Wait...so let me get this straight.

If I already have a gold membership on the X360 with my gamertag which I only use for the X360, than I can just buy one of these cards (assuming I find one) and just punch in the code at the XBL menu on the X360 and it'll work?[/quote]

Yes

Wow are they behind the counter or just out with the games?

I am going today and probably pick up 2 or 3 of them if they got them to keep supplied for a few years.

12 months DO NOT expire. It'd be kind of stupid for them to make you buy a 3 month or 12 month just for you to find out they are expired. Only the 2 months expire cause... they are free...

I have a ton over at my TRU. They were over where the accessories for Xbox are. Two full rows of them. I may end up buying quite a few and tacking on to my XBL subscription.

If somebody needs one, let me know... I think I'm going to head there either tommarow or Thursday after work. I have PayPal and can just email you the code.

Now I know why there are all those eBay auctions for these things.

damn that was a waste of a trip

went to 2 TRU's over 1+ hr drives away. only had 1 month and 3 month cards. no games on clearance either. was looking for PSP games and cheapes tgame they had was Frantix for 9.99. i passed on it. also went to Target and no games cheaper than 19.99,. oh well kind of a waste of an afternoon, driving around in this 80+ degree weather

Yeah I'm going tomorrow and since I don't have Gold right now, I will buy a 360 1 or 3 month and then activate that and then add on the original Xbox 12 month.

Just got back from Toys R' Us

Bought 2 12 months for $20 each. I was gonna sell it to someone on here but my reinds bought it of me. Sorry guys :(

They also had 3 months, headset, 2 games ( MS2 and outrun) and xbox live arcade for only $10. :O

I just picked up a couple from TRU. My brother has never had a live account. He has already used his free month of gold. We put the code in and it came up just fine. So you don't have to of had a paying subscription to get it working on the 360.

I may pick some up tommarow to help people out. I just don't want any nasty charge backs on my PayPal account. PayPal is just not seller friendly the more I think of it. You almost need a tracking number to prove anything, it really sucks. I'm just waying in the possilbe hassle factor.

My TRU was out, gonna try one more tomorrow and if thats a no go I'll Paypal someone $25 for one if they want to hook it up.

I have one left, when I went back they had been looted...I was able to get 4..someone here wanted 3 of them. If you would like my user name is almasy82 on gametz were I would perfer to set something up I have almost 300 all positive trades.
thanks

I picked up some 12-month Xbox Live Cards today for other CAGs since they seemed to be in hot demand. I PMed a few people I noticed earlier who wanted them, but if they back out or don't need them anymore, PM me to get on the waiting list. $25 cash or money order or $26 PayPal (to cover PP fees). That will let me break even considering gas here is going for $3.40 a gallon.

When I went yesterday my TRU still had some in stock, I can go try to pick up more if I know people will need them. I just don't want to be stuck with 4-5 years of xbl lying around. PM me and let me know.

bread's done
Back