Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Card $30 at Wal-Mart or $27 after BCB

dabomb505

CAGiversary!
Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Card

http://www.walmart.com/Xbox-12-Month-Gold-Card/ip/11070919

Free Site to store shipping or regular shipping is $3.97. No tax due to it technically being a gift card in their system.

Search Bing.com with the keyword "Sony HDTV or WalMart" and get 10% cashback at Wal-Mart

EDIT: Keyword Sony not working anymore. Try "Sony HDTV or WalMart". When that dies, try other combinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wickedsoul']The price at checkout is still going to be $30. Bing takes what you ordered gets 10% off that and they will mail you a check once you reach a minimum of $5 saved. Its not an instant discount.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I knew there was a detail that I ws missing. I will get one at $30 but I was just trying to get every penny off that I could LOL

[quote name='bubbaloumcc']is did the 10% thing but it doesnt show up. when will it show up? i am in the checkout with the pay tab and it still says $30[/QUOTE]
if you signed-in in bing and searched the sony and all, you should be eligible.

you are going to get a confirmation email a few mins after you order

[quote name='drktrpr1']Does shipping to store net you bing cashback? I know that store pickup doesn't...[/QUOTE]

Is this true? This was my first time using BCB.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Ok, stupid question here but why does this keep going down in price? It was $40 and then $35 just this week and now $30.[/QUOTE]
Price wars

Amazon is at $30 now, but they said they won't price match

They don't do "post order pricematching" any more.

Pretty lame..they should at least have a 15 day price guarantee, but I guess this lets them be more competitive.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Does shipping to store net you bing cashback? I know that store pickup doesn't...[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. Site-to-store shipping is the only way to pick up an online order in store at Walmart. And yes, Bing CB works with this method.

Sweet, my Bing cashback is showing up now, so I guess it worked. Although apparently I need to get $2 more from something else before they send it to me...

[quote name='Warlock82']Although apparently I need to get $2 more from something else before they send it to me...[/QUOTE]

And you'll have to wait 90 days before the cashback reward clears before you can request it.

[quote name='BingoBrown']And you'll have to wait 90 days before the cashback reward clears before you can request it.[/QUOTE]

60 days.

Thx OP. $27 from Walmart after BCB, no tax charged :)

Quick Question:

I just enable Xbox Live Gold in December with a free 1 yr membership that I got for purchasing an xbox around xmas.

If I get this deal, can I wait till next December to enable it?

Meaning, the xbox live number never expires?

Thanks

[quote name='Warlock82']It's probably some sort of stock guarentee. For example, if you ordered something online for store pickup, and they only had one in-stock at the store, that item could be sold before you get there.

Of course, they could just hold the item for you... But I suppose that would be too easy :p

But yeah, the whole thing is dumb. Like I said, I'm not in a hurry so I don't care. But it would be nice if I could just stop there this weekend to pick it up rather than having to wait for that date range. Or maybe that date range is bogus and it will be available before then :p[/QUOTE]

As a former Wal-Mart employee, I can give you an easier, more likely answer.

Half the time the inventory list for 'In Stock' is just plain WRONG.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BingoBrown']And you'll have to wait 90 days before the cashback reward clears before you can request it.[/QUOTE]

Better late than never.

[quote name='Custom_Magnum']As a former Wal-Mart employee, I can give you an easier, more likely answer.

Half the time the inventory list for 'In Stock' is just plain WRONG.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I can second that.

Got 2 live cards and bit on a 4000 pt card for $41.50 after BCB. $95.50 total. Not the best price in the world, but it beats MSRP. Thanks op.

[quote name='mnuttster']FYI for everyone, Amazon just price matched it! I've been waiting for it all day...slow day @ work.[/QUOTE]

It's $35 again at Amazon. Did they quit price matching? I'd rather go with Amazon than Wal-Mart :(

They only price matched for a few hours yesterday, which is why I made sure I kept checking to not miss it.

They might do it off and on all weekend as long as Walmart has it up there, so keep checking back and good luck, hopefully it comes back down for you!

Sorry if this was asked already, but when you buy a XBL subscription card for how long is it good for before you're forced to use the code?

Back in October I think my XBL subscription expired and I had to buy a new one. I was able to score one for $40 but I was bitter cause I know these sale in cycles for $30 every now and then. Could I buy one now and just hold on to it for a year before using it?

Lt. Dan, as far as I know, an XBL subscription card should be good forever.

My question (as it always is) is this: How long is this sale? While Supplies last? Or will it be over on a specific date? Or is it just some random price drop that will be over before anyone realizes it?

grabbed one at Costco for 33 today, I wonder if this is going to be like last year when they all went from 49 to 39, maybe the new price might be 29 from now on.

Just in time. Mines up next month! Funny 'cause I was just talking to a buddy about the last time I got one on sale like this!

so why does Walmarts website not really show any information about Cashback, like ebay does?
Or am I doing something wrong.
I got to the 10% off page on bing, but when I hit the link, I get logged into bing cashback (becuase I have an account), and then it sends me to walmart.com. But I don't see anything about cashback on the walmart site.

[quote name='Rongod22']Lt. Dan, as far as I know, an XBL subscription card should be good forever. [/QUOTE]
Thanks Rongod22 :)

[quote name='sunnysky']so why does Walmarts website not really show any information about Cashback, like ebay does?
I got to the 10% off page on bing, but when I hit the link, I get logged into bing cashback (becuase I have an account), and then it sends me to walmart.com. But I don't see anything about cashback on the walmart site.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see anything while browsing Walmart's site either but the cashback still went through at 10%

[quote name='sunnysky']so why does Walmarts website not really show any information about Cashback, like ebay does?
I got to the 10% off page on bing, but when I hit the link, I get logged into bing cashback (becuase I have an account), and then it sends me to walmart.com. But I don't see anything about cashback on the walmart site.[/QUOTE]

Same here but don't worry. The pending credits showed up on my bing cashback page the next day.

[quote name='killer9']they dont expire dont worry but you can stack 2 years together[/QUOTE]

What happens if you put 3 years worth in? Does Live warn you or does it happily take the code and just not credit your account beyond 2 years out? Every year when a good deal comes around I've been putting codes in but I haven't been paying attention to the final date.:oops:

[quote name='Xellos2099']Can I print out the walmart price and get it pricematch at bestbuy? Got a 10 dollar reward coupon there waiting to be used.[/QUOTE]

I successfully PM'ed at the best buy in manalapan NJ. didn't even have to print anything out. YMMV though, really depends on who you get at the register/manager/customer service. My first attempt to PM a live card failed cause the girl there didn't understand what an MSRP was.

[quote name='icp_00_111']Does anybody know if it is an online only deal, or can I buy one at Walmart right now for 30?[/QUOTE]
You can try your luck, but my dad went to two Wal-marts today, and they had it for $50.

[quote name='Smokie99']What happens if you put 3 years worth in? Does Live warn you or does it happily take the code and just not credit your account beyond 2 years out? Every year when a good deal comes around I've been putting codes in but I haven't been paying attention to the final date.:oops:[/QUOTE]

Subscriptions stack. I'm covered until 2013.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Subscriptions stack. I'm covered until 2013.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Subscriptions stack. I'm covered until 2013.[/QUOTE]It'll stack for three years' worth up to the current date, so you could stack up to 01/19/2013 if you did it today, and so on.

Yep, it is 15%. Search for HDTV in Bing and it shows as 15%. This'll make a year of Live for 25.50, no tax either (at least for me)

Not too bad, my price point is normally 20 or less for Live. But I expire in 2011, so I was getting a little antsy.

[quote name='mdawg957']Showing up as $39.96 for me. Deal dead?[/QUOTE]
For now... Amazon have been jerks about this one, they've brought it back multiple times this week only to kill it moments later. I really wanted to get this from Amazon, but I have no choice but to get it form Wal-mart now, and it's their own fault.

bread's done
Back