Xbox Live 12 Months Gold Pack $25.00 at Walmart YMMV

hiamiyumi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
123 (100%)
Check your local Walmart.They have Xbox Live 12 Months Premium Gold Pack on sale for $25.00(Regular price is $69.92). That's steal! My local Walmart is in Egg Harbor TWP NJ. I picked up 1 and they have 2 left in stock now and they also have Wii system in stock, too.

You get :
Xbox Live 12 Months Gold + $20 off any Xbox 360 games + Xbox 360 Headset+ free Xbox Live Arcade Game(Bankshot Billiards 2) and 200 MS points.
Picture:

[quote name='DomLando']Walmart deals are almost always YMMV right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The local Wal-Mart here in Utah clearanced out the XBox 360 Wireless Steering wheels for $75 right after Christmas. The management allocates a certain amount of markdown dollars to the departments and allocate those dollars to items that aren't moving or have been discontinued. I would imagine that there is a new SKU on those XBL kits since the coupon has expired and MS is offering a 'new' version of the kit.

I hate YMMV deals because my local stores never have any!!!
It must be my area (plenty of hillbilies and cheapskate immigrants here)

I know it sounds YMMV, but I did find one here near me in Cali. Glendora for $30.00 flat. I asked the Vid. Games clerk if they had more, but they said there were like 2, and that it was the last one. DOGGONE IT!!!

They were on clearance at the walmart closest to me. They wanted 40 for them thou or maybe it was 45. I'm thinking they are clearanced chain wide, but YMMV on pricing.

was at my walmart last week and they completely gotten rid of these starter kits. they just use those registered activated cards :(

[quote name='gidal']I hate YMMV deals because my local stores never have any!!!
It must be my area (plenty of hillbilies and cheapskate immigrants here)[/quote] i live in ny and can hardly find anything YMMV

my walmart has a whole bunch of these but when i scan the item it always comes up around 60~70

Does anyone know if these clearances happen after inventory ? I was in my local WM yesterday and they had this 3rd party company running around scanning EVERYTHING. But, they hadn't made it to the video game section yet.

[quote name='Broccoli Storm']I really wonder sometimes how one store can randomly decide to put out ridiculously good deals...[/QUOTE]
Markdowns at Wal-Mart are department manager's discretion. They're given a markdown "budget" to apply as they see fit. Although it's certainly possible that's changed since I worked there almost 15 years ago.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Ok... I give up, what does YMMV mean?[/quote]Your Mileage May Vary or basically someone found this deal at their store but that does not gurantee it to be at yours. So he probably got lucky but that is a great price for one of those kits, lol.

hopefully is the PS Home service is as great as it looks, MS wont be able to afford to charge for live anymore.

the last great markdowni saw at my local walmart was emporer: battle for dune for $9.99. that was when i was in 8th grade. im a sophomore in college now.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Seriously doubt it will be like that at the walmart near me. Not that they have much to begin with...[/QUOTE]

same here.

the reason they are being marked down is that one of the codes (not sure which) inside the package is expired. we had to do a return goods defective at TRU on 1-2 of them because of this. make sure to keep your receipt if you have to deal with MS on this.

Well, if you can find this in Atlanta, it'll be full price and not a mark down like this. I haven't seen any great markdowns in the area lately. :(

[quote name='angrysalad187']the last great markdowni saw at my local walmart was emporer: battle for dune for $9.99. that was when i was in 8th grade. im a sophomore in college now.[/quote]

Man I miss that game, I have the install disc but that's about it. And it's really upsetting they don't offer online anymore, darn that EA. :(

I'm still hoping to find a deal on these sometime. Until then, I'll be living online via 48 hour trials I pick up here and there. :(

[quote name='Rig']I'm still hoping to find a deal on these sometime. Until then, I'll be living online via 48 hour trials I pick up here and there. :([/quote]

i thought u could keep getting a free month by creating new gamer tags?

[quote name='angrysalad187']i thought u could keep getting a free month by creating new gamer tags?[/quote]

I like to keep my current tag and all of its achievements.

Plus, I didn't think that worked on the same console multiple times. Maybe it does, but I would doubt it.

I have a question about starter kits

I used a 48 hour trial code but can I use the starter kit to keep the same gamertag?

i went today to mine and no dice....they had the live vision gold pack which was opened AND crushed for $80 still...WTF walmart? Sam is rolling over in his grave

Target near me had these clearanced a while back as well, just not this much off, still in the $40 range.

Also, the rebate is dated last year so I doubt you'll get your rebate. There were people who ordered this from Amazon (who clearanced it a while back also) who had to call Amazon to get a gift certificate since the rebate had expired.

got one for $40 a couple months ago at wm, gonna brave the gauntlet of walmart shoppers and see if they have any at this price. Thanks.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Target near me had these clearanced a while back as well, just not this much off, still in the $40 range.[/quote]

If they're still there they should be $15.

[quote name='crazyj']I have a question about starter kits

I used a 48 hour trial code but can I use the starter kit to keep the same gamertag?[/quote]
yup.

I just checked back my local Walmart at 9p.m today. they still have 1 in stock but the box has been opened. I checked inside the box and saw that the 12 Xbox live cards and 200 points card were stolen by someone.

bread's done
Back