Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc $6.99 USED at GameStop

iNFiNiTE HORiZON

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (99%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74497

Don't forget to use your EDGE card for an additional 70 cents off. (making it like $6.30).
Also, if you buy online you can stack CAG16 with it for an additional 16 percent off.

Full versions of:

Luxor 2
Pacman CE
Uno
Boom Boom Rockets
Feeding Frenzy

XBLA games are included (thanks for the list yuyak).

also includes a bunch of demos I believe, not that that really matters but if anyone finds the list of demos please post in here, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I didn't see it on the GS website, and I didn't know what was included in the compilation (maybe just me?) here's the list:
Luxor 2
Pacman CE
Uno
Boom Boom Rockets
Feeding Frenzy

I've got one of these compilations and it's pretty nice, only downside is you can't install them to the hard drive and play them any time you want. Have to have the disc in. Still, might pick this up. Want Pacman CE and am a bit interested in Boom Boom Rocket and Uno.

I enjoyed Feeding Frenzy. and its worth it for Pacman CE and Uno alone, so the other 3 are just bonuses. But yes, it does suck to not have them on the harddrive and have to put a disc in. But it's worth sacrificing, for such a cheap price, IMO.

Uno and Pac-Man CE alone make this a good deal, in my opinion. Everything else is filler. I played Boom Boom Rocket a tad, and it was ok. Haven't gotten around to the other two, though.

I think there's a very small change of them including the 1-month XBL gold trials (these are used versions, so obviously 9 out of 10 people either used the code, or took it out of the box when trading in).

I got about 4 hours of enjoyment out of Boom Boom Rocket. I expected it to suck and was pleasantly surprised. Luxor was like that for me, too; it felt like a more interesting Zuma.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hmmm, I think you guys are confusing this with the Unplugged disc. I don't think these had Live subs, considering they came with consoles.[/quote]

yep you're probably right.

Thanks for mentioning playme. I knew about SAVER which got weakened, but playme's just the ticket. Think I'll pick this up now.

might have to grab this...except one of the gamestops i went to had sega superstars/arcade comp still marked as $9.99. might go for that, as i did enjoy sega supertstars tennis before i traded it on goozex. hmm.

[quote name='ferant316']cag16 + Edge + playme = $5.17 shipped[/quote]
wtf then why does mine come to $5.28 haha what ever.also thanks for the "playme" code i forget all about it.

edit anyone know why it wont let me use playme with the others and how to get it to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, yeah. I can't seem to get playme to work either. Works in my cart, but if I start to check out, it vanishes. Says it isn't compatible, but doesn't say what's incompatible.

Dudes,

If you go to either EB or Gamestop, they have a ton of Sega All-Stars Tennis and Arcade Unplugged packaged together for $6.99 (similar to the Forza/Marvel UA package on the Elite). I think this is the game(s) that came with the arcade unit a while back and the stores I've been to have them by the ton.

I looked at used copies of this at a Gamestop store a few months ago (it was something like $7 at the time too, so this isn't really a new deal). I expected they'd be in pretty good condition, as I'd think that most people who were going to trade it in probably wouldn't play it much (or at all) before doing so. I was so wrong -- they had 10 copies, I checked all of them, and they were all scratched to hell. I'd be seriously afraid to buy this (or any other used game) sight unseen off of the Gamestop website, since they apparently have no standards whatsoever for what they'll sell.

[quote name='lukenot']Dudes,

If you go to either EB or Gamestop, they have a ton of Sega All-Stars Tennis and Arcade Unplugged packaged together for $6.99 (similar to the Forza/Marvel UA package on the Elite). I think this is the game(s) that came with the arcade unit a while back and the stores I've been to have them by the ton.[/quote]

they were 9.99 at my store, and the arcade disc was 6.99 i went with just the arcade disc, even for 3 bucks i have no desire to play sega all-stars tennis

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There's no reason to be afraid to buy a used game from GameStop's website. You can return it in-store.[/quote]

Too much hassle, and I'd rather not support the business model. If they would just set some standards on what they'll buy back, people who sell or trade discs there would take more care of them to keep them in acceptable condition. Since there are no standards, there's no incentive, hence most of the used discs they have are beat to shit. No thanks.

Seriously, I looked at four other games that day as well, and all of the copies they had of all of them were scratched up. What the hell do people do with their games? Mine go either in the console or in the case, and have no reason to ever be anywhere else. Apparently there is some other super-secret use for game discs (coasters? frisbees?) that I haven't caught onto yet.

[quote name='arcane93']Too much hassle, and I'd rather not support the business model. If they would just set some standards on what they'll buy back, people who sell or trade discs there would take more care of them to keep them in acceptable condition. Since there are no standards, there's no incentive, hence most of the used discs they have are beat to shit. No thanks.[/quote]

I wasn't telling you. I was letting everyone else know...the universal you. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I wasn't telling you. I was letting everyone else know...the universal you. Sorry for the confusion.[/quote]

No confusion. ;) I was just giving my response to the issue.

[quote name='arcane93']Too much hassle, and I'd rather not support the business model. If they would just set some standards on what they'll buy back, people who sell or trade discs there would take more care of them to keep them in acceptable condition. Since there are no standards, there's no incentive, hence most of the used discs they have are beat to shit. No thanks.
[/QUOTE]

I won't even go into a GS. Why?

No standards for used games. (esp. in contrast to the old EB Games).
Overpriced used games
Usually the only "new" copy is open (likely been used by the workers).
I'm still mad that the old FuncoLands made no effort to keep the boxes with cart games.

[quote name='hopeunknown']might have to grab this...except one of the gamestops i went to had sega superstars/arcade comp still marked as $9.99. might go for that, as i did enjoy sega supertstars tennis before i traded it on goozex. hmm.[/quote]

Wait, that bundle includes Sega Superstars Tennis AND this disc? Or is it just demos on that version? If so I might pick it up as it's cheap as you've mentioned.

[quote name='Rozz']Wait, that bundle includes Sega Superstars Tennis AND this disc? Or is it just demos on that version? If so I might pick it up as it's cheap as you've mentioned.[/quote]
When I picked up a 360 Arcade unit to replace my launch 360 that RRoD'd, it came with the bundle. It's a 2-disc set, one disc is Sega Superstars Tennis(excellent game, deserved better sales than it got) and the other is the XBLA Compilation with Uno, Pac-Man and the others.

Glad to see another GS deal topic turn into people bringing up about the same, tired complaints, rather than just talking about the deal. We get it already. You hate GS. Why come into topics about their deals, then?

[quote name='hopeunknown']might have to grab this...except one of the gamestops i went to had sega superstars/arcade comp still marked as $9.99. might go for that, as i did enjoy sega supertstars tennis before i traded it on goozex. hmm.[/quote]
I previously bought the XBLA Comp disc and returned it because the same one with Sega Superstars included was the same price. It had 2 disc in one box.

Definitely worth grabbing the SEGA Super Stars Tennis/Arcade Compilation bundle for $9.99. Pick up Live Unplugged and you've got 12 games for $20, which 11 of them would cost FAR more if bought through the Marketplace.

bread's done
Back