Xbox Live Black Friday Deals

INTVGene

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Give your feet a rest from all that holiday shopping and step in from the cold! Treat yourself to the hot deals on Xbox LIVE Marketplace all week. Starting Tuesday, Nov. 23 through Monday, Nov. 29, enjoy bestselling titles, entertaining Xbox LIVE Arcade games, and a variety of discounted blockbuster movies. In addition to the daily special deals starting Nov. 23, tune in on Friday, Nov. 26 for even more special one-day savings! See below for just a sample of games and movies that will be on sale, but check out Xbox LIVE for a complete list of more deals at www.xbox.com/blackfriday.

Xbox 360 Games
“Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™” (Rockstar Games) - 400 Microsoft Points
“Halo: Combat Evolved” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

Xbox LIVE Arcade
“Trials HD” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
“‘Splosion Man™” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 160 Microsoft Points
“Monkey Island™: Special Edition” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points
“Madden NFL Arcade” (Electronic Arts) - 400 Microsoft Points
“Portal: Still Alive” (Microsoft Game Studios) - 400 Microsoft Points

Zune Movies
“Clash of the Titans” - 720 Microsoft Points
“Sex and the City 2” – 720 Microsoft Points
“Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore” – 720 Microsoft Points
“300” – 380 Microsoft Points

Link doesn't work currently, but I'm sure it will be up soon.

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/xbox360pres...each-fable-iii-and-xbox-live-marketplace.aspx

GTA:SA is really tempting... I definitely want Trials HD at that price, I know that arcade game can be insanely hard but, that just adds to the replay value right..?

I loved Portal on Orange Box. I will definitely be picking that up for the extra levels and to play through it again.

I saw Monkey Island and I was all :D ...then I noticed it was the first and not the 2nd one and then I was :cry:

...still patiently waiting for the 2nd to go on sale

No purchases during this sale for me

[quote name='shigster']I definitely want Trials HD at that price, I know that arcade game can be insanely hard but, that just adds to the replay value right..?[/QUOTE]

sure I guess...after its medium difficulty tracks though I just put the game down. It wasn't even hard...it was just plain cheap. I'm happy I picked it up for cheap during a previous sale but f I had to do it all over again I'd simply pass on it. The demo was more than enough for me to experience what Trials was

Some deals started today according to the website:

DLC
---
Alan Wake: The Signal - 320
Rock Band: Nirvana Pack 01 - 640
Rock Band: Nirvana Pack 01 - 240
Rock Band: Lady Gaga Pack 01 - 280
Splinter Cell Conviction: Deniable Ops Insurgency - 400
Trials HD: Big Pack - 240

Arcade
------
Portal Still Alive - 400
Magic The Gathering - 400
Mega Man 10 - 400
Voodoo Dice - 400
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter - 600
Zombie Apocalypse - 400
Monkey Island 2 - 400
Madden NFL Arcade - 400
Puzzle Quest 2 - 1200? 800? supposedly? website is not updated yet
Monkey Island 1 - 400

Avatar items and Zune movies also on sale today. Gotta go to work.. haven't got time to check my Xbox.

EDIT: Just checked the Xbox and the deals are live. Puzzle Quest is 800 too. Not sure if it is available for Silver members though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update INTV Gene :)

I just said in my previous post I was sad about how they were putting Monkey Island 1 instead of 2 on sale...but lo and behold there it it as a daily deal

definitely in for Puzzle Quest 2 and Monkey Island 2

is that Alan Wake DLC the one that came with the game or is it the 2nd DLC pack they released? I'm at work and can't remember which was which...

[quote name='kyle071785']Thanks for the update INTV Gene :)

I just said in my previous post I was sad about how they were putting Monkey Island 1 instead of 2 on sale...but lo and behold there it it as a daily deal

definitely in for Puzzle Quest 2 and Monkey Island 2

is that Alan Wake DLC the one that came with the game or is it the 2nd DLC pack they released? I'm at work and can't remember which was which...[/QUOTE]

The signal came with the game, the writer was the second (and easily the best) dlc.

Thanks for posting, will probably pick up a few of these. I was hoping to see "Puzzle Quest 2" on sale, but the price is still showing 1200 points for me ... maybe it was a mistake? Also, the original link no longer works

[quote name='onemorechanc']Thanks for posting, will probably pick up a few of these. I was hoping to see "Puzzle Quest 2" on sale, but the price is still showing 1200 points for me ... maybe it was a mistake? Also, the original link no longer works[/QUOTE]

None of the prices have been changed last time I looked, give it a bit.

[quote name='dancrane212']The signal came with the game, the writer was the second (and easily the best) dlc.[/QUOTE]

thanks for clarifying :)

[quote name='onemorechanc']I was hoping to see "Puzzle Quest 2" on sale, but the price is still showing 1200 points for me ... maybe it was a mistake?[/QUOTE]

ya I can't get it to show for 800 either. I queued up Monkey Island 2 and that went fine...now just to wait for PQ2. I really want it for 800 points too so hopefully it does drop at some point on the website

Speaking of Puzzle Quest, I would love to see the DLC for the original Puzzle Quest go on sale. I think I bought the game for 400 points, but the DLC is still 700 ... not gonna happen at that price.

I can confirm the deals are for silver members too
bought a couple of the games listed there
still wondering if I should get Megaman 10

puzzle quest 2 seems to have finally adjusted its price down to 800 for those interested

edit: seems they also just added the 800 points to my account from the October promotion...awesome timing! :)

Sweet! I also got my 800 pts today!

Picked up the Nirvana pack 2, tempted to get the first pack...I love me some Rock Band!

picked up zombie apocalypse and madden arcade. was waiting to get both of them for $5. decent fun for that price.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Nice! Got myself Puzzle Quest 2. Been waiting for a drop on this for awhile.

Any opinions on the Monkey Island games?[/QUOTE]

Monkey Island is awesome. However, the Special Edition art in the first game is fairly hideous, and I HATE that the game doesn't allow you to have the new voice acting with the original art. Both of these problems are rectified in the Special Edition of the second game (though I still prefer the original art there as well).

Does anyone have a comment on how worthwhile Portal is if you've already got the Orange Box? I'm tempted to pick it up, but if it doesn't really add much I'd rather not.

[quote name='Derfel']Does anyone have a comment on how worthwhile Portal is if you've already got the Orange Box? I'm tempted to pick it up, but if it doesn't really add much I'd rather not.[/QUOTE]

apparently it only adds a few more levels (and of course the exclusive achievements). If its worth it to you is ultimately your decision based on how much you liked Portal initially

...on a side note I think I'm one of the few out there that can't stand the Half-Life series and was bored of Portal within a few puzzles :lol:

[quote name='Derfel']Monkey Island is awesome. However, the Special Edition art in the first game is fairly hideous, and I HATE that the game doesn't allow you to have the new voice acting with the original art. Both of these problems are rectified in the Special Edition of the second game (though I still prefer the original art there as well).[/QUOTE]

the special edition art is gorgeous! we must have been playing a different game. ;)

[quote name='kyle071785']the special edition art is gorgeous! we must have been playing a different game. ;)[/QUOTE]

Bah. After the mad secksiness of The Curse of Monkey Island, these Special Editions can't measure up.

Quickly would like to point out that not only is the first Monkey Island going for 400 points, but the second as well for the same price.

The impression I got from looking at the deal on the Xbox blade was that the prices in this thread are all week long, with extra one-day only deals to be had on Friday.

Also to concur, it was definitely Monkey Island 1 and 2 on sale for 400 each.

Here's the unconfirmed sale items for Black Friday's one-day sale.

160 Microsoft Points:
'Splosion Man (normally 800 MSP or 80% off)
Greed Corp (normally 800 MSP or 80% off)
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled (normally 800 MSP or 80% off)
The Force Unleashed: Starkiller Lightsaber (Avatar prop) (normally 400 MSP or 60% off)

400 Microsoft Points:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (normally 1200 MSP or 66% off)
Halo: Combat Evolved (normally 1200 MSP or 66% off)
Trials HD (normally 1200 MSP or 66% off)
Rock Band: Creedence Clearwater Revival Song Pack (normally 1600 MSP or 75% off)

[quote name='Jouvert']Here's the unconfirmed sale items for Black Friday's one-day sale.

160 Microsoft Points:
'Splosion Man (normally 800 MSP or 80% off)
Greed Corp (normally 800 MSP or 80% off)
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled (normally 800 MSP or 80% off)
The Force Unleashed: Starkiller Lightsaber (Avatar prop) (normally 400 MSP or 60% off)

400 Microsoft Points:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (normally 1200 MSP or 66% off)
Halo: Combat Evolved (normally 1200 MSP or 66% off)
Trials HD (normally 1200 MSP or 66% off)
Rock Band: Creedence Clearwater Revival Song Pack (normally 1600 MSP or 75% off)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'll probably try "Greed Corp" ...

Does anyone know if the xbox games bought through the marketplace have updated graphics and performance? Tempted to snag halo for that price! But only if it's an upgrade to the disc version.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Does anyone know if the xbox games bought through the marketplace have updated graphics and performance? Tempted to snag halo for that price! But only if it's an upgrade to the disc version.[/QUOTE]

Exact same game, the only difference is the accessibility and the noise reduction (no disk)

[quote name='game_fanatic']Does anyone know if the xbox games bought through the marketplace have updated graphics and performance? Tempted to snag halo for that price! But only if it's an upgrade to the disc version.[/QUOTE]

I believe Halo: Combat Evolved is upscaled to 720p by the 360.

If these are correct: CCR pack for certain. Not sure what I'll do with the other 440 points i have left. Maybe grab 'Splosion Man and another RB track.

BTW, Jouvert, where did you hear of these? I know you said unconfirmed, but a source would still be cool.

[quote name='Korahn']
BTW, Jouvert, where did you hear of these? I know you said unconfirmed, but a source would still be cool.[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson listed all of the above Black Friday items in an "Inside Xbox" segment where he plays "Crazy Larry" (you can find the video on your dashboard). However, he did not list their exact prices, only that they were going to be 60-80% off.

This NeoGAF Xbox LIVE Black Friday thread actually lists the prices for the sale items:
http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=413816

Will there be more stuff on sale tomorrow, or is it just the stuff already listed? Not a bad list, but nothing I'd really jump on.

if those are the sale items for the 1-day sale at least I can save my points. Already have Splosion Man and TMNT...the only other thing I'd be after is the CCR pack but I've already picked up the songs I wanted so its pointless to go after the others now

trials hd: big pack, is this even worth getting? I bought the game @ launch and don't see what the hype about the game is but it would be cool to have the dlc for later play in case if i give it a chance or for other people to enjoy the dlc on my 360..

[quote name='intoxicated662']trials hd: big pack, is this even worth getting? I bought the game @ launch and don't see what the hype about the game is but it would be cool to have the dlc for later play in case if i give it a chance or for other people to enjoy the dlc on my 360..[/QUOTE]

after I played through the beginner to medium stages in Trials I was done with the game. Too aggravating and cheap for the sake of being cheap. I'm not giving them any more of my money

At least games like Super Meat Buy are hard as hell but actually doable as it has tight controls...Trials...ugh

I'm tempted to pick up a few things from this sale. Probably the two Monkey Island's. I'll wait until the official list tomorrow though.

I am in the mood for a decent strat. game.. I picked up Greed corps. and the ccr pack...thanks OP... hmmm now to check psn to see if they have anything for friday only.

[quote name='kyle071785']after I played through the beginner to medium stages in Trials I was done with the game. Too aggravating and cheap for the sake of being cheap. I'm not giving them any more of my money

At least games like Super Meat Buy are hard as hell but actually doable as it has tight controls...Trials...ugh[/QUOTE]

That's funny, but yeah I get what you mean. I decided to pass on this as well as I hardly play the game and am going to use the points towards the ccr pack for rb instead and some other items.

bread's done
Back