Xbox Live Deal of the Week - Force Unleashed Jedi Temple mission - 400 MS pts

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
The Xbox Live deal of the week is the Jedi Temple mission add-on for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Price is 400 MS points (normally 800 pts). In other words, its $5 instead of $10. Deal for gold members only. Discount applied today through Sunday the 26th.

Major Nelson's post about it:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009...force-unleashed-jedi-temple-mission-pack.aspx

Force Unleashed page on XBL marketplace:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024c4107d2

Is this the same content found in the PS2 version, which was supposed to distinguish the PS2 version from the Xbox 360/PS3?

If so, I might not even bother. If not, this is great for those who don't own the PS2 version and who own the Xbox 360 version.

Shaq-Fuing UNBELIEVABLE! I just bought this a month ago for $10... I was sure it would never drop. I'm so frickin pissed off. The worst part is, it's a pretty short mission that's totally not worth it...

I just picked up the game itself on Friday for $5 new at GS (after trade-in, coupon and edge). Is the DLC necessary? I mean, 400pts is pretty cheap, but if it's not like that much of a fun add-on...

I just bought it back after having traded months ago for a good flip.It was pretty decent game which is why I wanted it in my collection. I thought about the DLC but it always seemed overpriced.

To the owners of the DLC, is it still overpriced at 5 bucks?

Fatbot3, it's not the greatest DLC ever, but its a decent DLC. Whilst short, what can you expect for $5? Nows the time to pick it up.

[quote name='cleaver']Is Ikaruga still 400 points for Gold members?[/QUOTE]

It looks like it is still 400 pts at the moment, but since these are "weekly" deals, I'd expect Ikaruga to go back to 800 pts any minute.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410878?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Is this the same content found in the PS2 version, which was supposed to distinguish the PS2 version from the Xbox 360/PS3?[/QUOTE]

No, that content was 'historic missions' if I recall. New achievements that have leaked out would indicate that they may soon be bringing that content out in the form of another DLC add-on though.

[quote name='Ronin317']I just picked up the game itself on Friday for $5 new at GS (after trade-in, coupon and edge). Is the DLC necessary? I mean, 400pts is pretty cheap, but if it's not like that much of a fun add-on...[/QUOTE]

Its certainly not "necessary" and I definitely think it was overpriced at 800 pts. I have not yet played it, but its basically just a "deleted scene" of sorts. The theme/content is touched upon in the main story, but this level didn't make it into the final game. From what I've heard, its about 25 minutes or so of gameplay, depending on how good/thorough you are I guess. I had points in my account already and I really enjoyed the game, so I bit on the mission at 400 pts.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I just bought it back after having traded months ago for a good flip.It was pretty decent game which is why I wanted it in my collection. I thought about the DLC but it always seemed overpriced.

To the owners of the DLC, is it still overpriced at 5 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had beat it on a rental and decided to pick it up used last week with the 20% coupon at GS. That coupon has expired, but just FYI, the game is $18.99 used at Gamestop.

[quote name='buckythekat']too bad it isn't on sale on PSN as well, since I got the game for PS3 instead of 360[/QUOTE]

I am completely and totally just speculating (aka - making this up), but I wouldn't be surprised to see a sale on the PSN version this Thursday. If they're about to release a new DLC add-on, it would make sense to try to drum up more interest in the title itself (on both platforms). I'd imagine that they are well-aware of the fact that many people who bought the game have already traded it away. By putting this pack on sale, it would encourage at least a few people to go out and re-buy it and obviously, the more people who own the disc, the more DLC they can sell. But again, just me thinking out loud.

I'll get it for sure, then I need to get back into this one. Only about half way through. Definitely one of the better star wars games for next gen (wait, its practically the only one!)

I was randomly looking at this a few days ago since I picked up SW:TFU after the price cut...this price cut is pretty damn good timing. Thanks for the heads up OP.

If you liked the game, I do think it's worth picking this up at $5. $10 was too much (which is what I paid for it back in the day), but for $5, you're getting a pretty entertaining mission. It'll only last you an hour tops (and that's to get all the achievements), but again, if you liked the game, you'll be glad you picked up this DLC, especially at $5.

Youngling 30
Complete Jedi Temple - Apprentice difficulty
Padawan 30
Complete Jedi Temple - Sith Warrior difficulty
Jedi Knight 30
Complete Jedi Temple - Sith Lord difficulty
Jedi Master 40
Complete Jedi Temple - Sith Master difficulty
Robot Parts 30
Defeat the training room in less than 2 minutes
Get A Grip 30
Defeat the trials without the sphere turning red
As The World Turns 30
Use the large globe to kill 10 enemies in the museum

[quote name='mkernan']
It looks like it is still 400 pts at the moment, but since these are "weekly" deals, I'd expect Ikaruga to go back to 800 pts any minute.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410878?
[/QUOTE]

I was debating if I should get this because I bought it for 50$ on the Gamecube. I loved it.

I didn't know if I should double dip for the HD version- but I forgot about the deal completely.

When you said the deal is still on- I just bought it. No regrets.

Great game.

How the hell is it only 49 MB?!

Can someone help me with this question please.

Does it matter whether I have played this game yet or not? What I'm trying to say, is that I have the game, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. However, I want to go ahead and scoop this deal up. Is it going to matter whether or not I haven't played it yet?

[quote name='aServantOfGod']Can someone help me with this question please.

Does it matter whether I have played this game yet or not? What I'm trying to say, is that I have the game, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. However, I want to go ahead and scoop this deal up. Is it going to matter whether or not I haven't played it yet?[/QUOTE]

As long as they get paid, they don't care about your gaming history.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']
How the hell is it only 49 MB?![/QUOTE]
I remember burning it for the Dreamcast and it was only about 130 MB at that point. I'm not surprised now that with compression on the 360 they can shrink it even further.

[quote name='drock']I remember burning it for the Dreamcast and it was only about 130 MB at that point. I'm not surprised now that with compression on the 360 they can shrink it even further.[/QUOTE]

Higher resolution, online co-op, leaderboards, voice chat... at a smaller file size!

Such an amazing game though.

[quote name='Thrinn']As long as they get paid, they don't care about your gaming history.[/QUOTE]

I was meaning in regards to being able to access it later. That's what I meant...

[quote name='aServantOfGod']I was meaning in regards to being able to access it later. That's what I meant...[/QUOTE]

I downloaded Knothole Island and See The Future, two Fable II expansions before I played the game. It works fine. I am sure that The Force Unleashed will be fine too.

Ass. I actually paid full price for this last month. That's not cool.

$5.00 is much closer to what the mission is worth. It's just too short to justify $10.00. Luckily I got the game itself dirt cheap, so paying too much for the DLC kind of balances out. At least I hope I'll believe that if I keep telling it to myself...

[quote name='aServantOfGod']I was meaning in regards to being able to access it later. That's what I meant...[/QUOTE]I've downloaded free upgrades to games such as a car for Forza 2 and mp characters for Prey, mp maps for PDZ and they all worked. I haven't gotten STFU yet, but I plan to buy this now knowing I want to get STFU when it hits the right price for me to snag it.

[quote name='litoeon']Weak, I was hoping for another stand alone game.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Judging from the reaction to N+ (which I missed :cry:) and Ikaruga combined with the fact that the deal relies on having one particular game, I'd have to imagine that the arcade game deals generate a lot more money for Microsoft.

No Force Unleashed (yet), so Microsoft doesn't get my money this week.

I'm a wannabe completionist so I think I'll get this, despite having not started the game yet.

I got forced unleashed for cheap awhile back and I had alot of fun with. I'm not sure why the game gets so much flack. Since I got the game for cheap, I think I'll pick up the DLC now that 's on sale.

[quote name='cleaver']Can anyone confirm for me that Ikaruga is still 400 points for Gold?[/QUOTE]

It shows 800 for me now. I'm surprised they didn't jack the price back up immediately.

My 360 ate the disc and not much works, so I don't wanna get it and find out I can't play it.

[quote name='cleaver']Can anyone confirm for me that Ikaruga is still 400 points for Gold?[/QUOTE]

It's the deal of the week.

how do you access it in the game? I keep going to mission select, but its not there.

Also, the more machine stalker costume looks SICK!!!!

Announcements about the newer DLC for Force Unleashed should show up this week, with the beginning of Comic Con ... might be worth holding off until they announce the new DLC, which judging by the achievements, sounds alot cooler than the DLC that's currently on sale ... just a thought

[quote name='drawingboard']Any chance this will go free when the newer DLC comes out?[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that.

[quote name='etcrane']Announcements about the newer DLC for Force Unleashed should show up this week, with the beginning of Comic Con ... might be worth holding off until they announce the new DLC, which judging by the achievements, sounds alot cooler than the DLC that's currently on sale ... just a thought[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the game, so I'm down for $5 *and* for the $10 that the new add-on will probably cost.

[quote name='Unrealevil']
It's the deal of the week.[/QUOTE]

That's why digital distribution is going to suck - has there been a single price drop on XBL Marketplace yet?

[quote name='mikejenks']That's why digital distribution is going to suck - has there been a single price drop on XBL Marketplace yet?[/QUOTE]

There is a small handful of XBLA games that have permanently dropped in price... but only about a dozen or so games in total.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am tempted to buy this just so I have it when I finally buy the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing that, but I had owned the game and traded it a long time ago.

Anyone knows if Game Crazy is where I can find the lowest price on this game?

bread's done
Back