XBOX Live Deals 12/30 Castle Crashers 560 12/28-1/3 The Maw

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Friday 12/18 2010 Avatar Glasses and Present Prop
Saturday 12/19 Worms 2: Armageddon 400 (was 800)
Sunday 12/20 NYE Theme FREE (was 240)
Monday 12/21 White Christmas for Lips 80 (was 160)
Tuesday 12/22 Some Crappy Movie 80
Wednesday 12/23 Marvel vs Capcom 2 560 (was 1200)
Thursday 12/24 Uno Rush 400 (was 800)
Friday 12/25 Monkey Island Special Edition 400 (was 800)

Upcoming RUMOURED list (may be for euro region only)

:error: 22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
:applause:23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
:applause:24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
:applause:25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
:error: 26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
:applause:27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
:applause:28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
:error: 29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
:applause: 30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

From Major Nelson...

Week of December 14:
Lips: Coldplay Track Pack for 240 Microsoft Points

December 21 through December 27:
Shadow Complex for 800 points (awesome, been waiting for a drop)

Week of December 28:
The Maw for 400 Microsoft Points (double awesome, been waiting for this too!)

Finally, starting December 18th and continuing through the 31st we’ll be having a new Xbox LIVE Holiday Deal every single day. We’re not posting that schedule in advance so you’ll need to check back each day to see what the offer is. You can find out what each deal is by signing into Xbox LIVE and checking the dashboard. Plus each day, I’ll post the Holiday Daily deal to my Twitter account so you may want follow me so you can find out what the deal is even if you are not in front of your console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, looks like "Shadow Complex" and "The Maw" are now on my list. I am really curious to see what the daily deals starting on December 18th are going to be like ...

I just spent my last 1400 points on Splosion Man, Peggle and the Bayonetta premium theme.

[quote name='ragnar14']A 1 month Gold card will get me at these deals, right? Or do I need to use my 3 month one?[/QUOTE]

Since all the deals are in December then a 1 month Gold card should be fine.

Hopefully I can get my hands on some more points before these come out. Definitely picking up Shadow Complex and the Maw.

[quote name='Jouvert']Since all the deals are in December then a 1 month Gold card should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's not what I meant. Does a freebie one month subscription (gotten with a RROD warranty exchange) count as a real Gold account, or do they rip you off like those 48 hour freebies do?

[quote name='ragnar14']Ah, that's not what I meant. Does a freebie one month subscription (gotten with a RROD warranty exchange) count as a real Gold account, or do they rip you off like those 48 hour freebies do?[/QUOTE]

Jouvert was correct, a one month card will give you full Gold membership privileges. The 48-hour cards are "trial", the one month cards are the real deal.

I guess I could be unlazy and check the preview's online but how are Shadow Complex and The Maw. I've heard of Shadow Complex...a little, but never The Maw.

Okay, complete ignorance here. I was thinking of picking up a 360 -- what's with all the Gold talk? Do you need a Gold membership in order to get these deals?

You need a gold membership with a duration of at least 1 month. A 48-hour gold card will not give you access to these deals. 1, 3 and 12 month cards will work no problem.

[quote name='game_fanatic']You need a gold membership with a duration of at least 1 month. A 48-hour gold card will not give you access to these deals. 1, 3 and 12 month cards will work no problem.[/QUOTE]

... so, if you don't have a Gold account, you don't get sales? It that a Gold perk? Or is it just these sales you can't get?

... Seriously? Okay, I know this isn't the place for it, but I was actually going to pick up a 360 after work today. But I have to pay for a Gold subscription to even download games? Forget it. Just... forget it. Not happening.

Silver level memberships can still download games, they just have delayed access to certain demos/content and have no access to the deals. Here is the bullet point from the link given above that says so.

Microsoft Points: Redeem Microsoft Points (available at retail stores or through Xbox LIVE) for extra game content, Arcade games, movies and TV shows, independent videos, and more.

When you buy a 360 you get a free month of XBL with any account you make. A year of access is only ~$35-40 if you hang around here, maybe cheaper if you luck out on kijiji/craigslist. I picked my last one up for $25 :)

[quote name='Ashground']... Seriously? Okay, I know this isn't the place for it, but I was actually going to pick up a 360 after work today. But I have to pay for a Gold subscription to even download games? Forget it. Just... forget it. Not happening.[/QUOTE]

If you're don't wanna play Live, then get a PS3. It's a really good system with more and more great games coming out. I don't personally own a PS3, but I wish I did.
They are also built really nice, this is coming from someone who repairs consoles. The build is 100% better than the serious design flaws in the 360.

[quote name='RchrdJ']If you're don't wanna play Live, then get a PS3. It's a really good system with more and more great games coming out. I don't personally own a PS3, but I wish I did.
They are also built really nice, this is coming from someone who repairs consoles. The build is 100% better than the serious design flaws in the 360.[/QUOTE]

Already have one. I was getting jealous of all the indie releases on the 360, though. But seriously, I just don't care anymore. I was going to pick one up today; now, I never will. I'll keep getting my indie fix on my PC instead of a console. The end.

Not to try and start anything, but you don't think you're blowing this out of proportion at all?
You can get your initial indie fix by registering a new account (1 month gold)...then every few months you can spend ~$5 to get another one month renewal, or simply make a new account on your 360 and download the games to your console. The license belongs to the console first and the gamertag second, so you can always play it on that console.

[quote name='Ashground']Already have one. I was getting jealous of all the indie releases on the 360, though. But seriously, I just don't care anymore. I was going to pick one up today; now, I never will. I'll keep getting my indie fix on my PC instead of a console. The end.[/QUOTE]

Did you not read Thirteen Green's response? You can get your indie fix on the 360 without paying for Gold, you just can't get in on these deals.

To get the deals you need to be a Gold Member. If you are a Silver member you can still redeem Microsoft Points and download games, just can't get the sale prices.

Some confusing info in this thread, but I know from friends that it is possible to buy XBLA games when you just have a Silver account. My friend just has Silver and has over $80 on XBLA games.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome im gonna grab the maw for sure will be interesting to see if the daily deals are anything decent or if they are just like 25% off things sine of the deal of the weeks

[quote name='Ashground']... Seriously? Okay, I know this isn't the place for it, but I was actually going to pick up a 360 after work today. But I have to pay for a Gold subscription to even download games? Forget it. Just... forget it. Not happening.[/QUOTE]

You can download games on an xbox live silver account which is free. You need a gold account to get access to the deals on games though, that's one of the perks from being a member.

To simplify:

xbox live silver can download games and is free, just no deal of the week and other gold perks.

[quote name='Ashground']Already have one. I was getting jealous of all the indie releases on the 360, though. But seriously, I just don't care anymore. I was going to pick one up today; now, I never will. I'll keep getting my indie fix on my PC instead of a console. The end.[/QUOTE]

Dude, step back from the keyboard and relax. If you were to buy one today you will be a Gold member until 1/14/2010. I know it sucks, but the perks of staying (paying) are worth the $50 bucks a year if you take advantage of them. If you are just going to play some "indie" games, I'd just go month to month.

Like others have said, you can get in for half that if you are patient and quick to jump on deals.

Yeah, if you're paying more than about $3.50 per month you aren't using this site very well... :)

It's like... 12 cents a day at that price. Go to 12 different need a penny trays daily to fund your cheapass live gaming. ;)

Tried 'the maw' demo and can't find what the fuss is that everyone is making over this game. The intro and beginning of the game reminds me of 'splosion man which I didn't find interesting but for 400 points I might get it for kicks. Am looking forward to those daily deals starting on the 18th. Ooh i'd love to know what they'd be.....

Well, after doing a little more digging into Silver vs. Gold, I caved and bought a 360 last night. Which means:

• I derailed this thread for no reason
  • I'm a damn hypocrite

I'm going to go sit quietly in the corner.

[quote name='Ashground']Well, after doing a little more digging into Silver vs. Gold, I caved and bought a 360 last night.[/QUOTE]

I think you still get a month free of Xbox Live Gold Membership if you make a new account on the xbox.

[quote name='Ashground']Well, after doing a little more digging into Silver vs. Gold, I caved and bought a 360 last night. Which means:

• I derailed this thread for no reason
  • I'm a damn hypocrite
I'm going to go sit quietly in the corner.[/QUOTE]

At least you came to your senses and bought a 360, that is all that matters :applause:

All is good.

Anyone know when the first (and subsequent) deals of the day go live? It's currently 10:50pst...I'm thinking they go live at midnight? Meh, I'll check back then...when it's technically Dec 18.

its says 50% off- now just 400 ms points but when you try to buy it it comes up 800 ms points, very sneeky m$

bread's done
Back