Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

I have MvC2 for my ps2, do u guys think i need to purchase this??? r they HD graphics?? i know i'll get killed online so idk, i bought streetfighterhd and that's f*cking brutal!! way 2 hard 4 me! also anybody need some fallout dlc i got 2 codes to trade. pm me w'offer, i think one is for the pitt and the other is O.A.

Wow... Wishing I waited on Magic: The Gathering and Castle Crashers now...

Soooo in for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and BRAID, especially, since I've been waiting for that to have another 800 point sale since I missed the last one. Also maybe in for Battlefield if it is actually that price.

and when exactly does the deal of the week switch, like what day do they change it on? I'm trying to wait until last minute/day before I pull the trigger on Shadow Complex, to get as many daily deals I want with my points, use them as wisely as I can.

[quote name='polo14player']I have MvC2 for my ps2, do u guys think i need to purchase this??? r they HD graphics?? i know i'll get killed online so idk, i bought streetfighterhd and that's f*cking brutal!! way 2 hard 4 me! also anybody need some fallout dlc i got 2 codes to trade. pm me w'offer, i think one is for the pitt and the other is O.A.[/QUOTE]

3jeeej5955dnds30303mirite

It was hard, but I managed to make a post with worse English than yours. ^^^
BTW, please make less stupid posts. Thanks.

This deal is awesome - I guess I shouldn't have bought the game on day one since I've barely had time to play it.

[quote name='eastx']3jeeej5955dnds30303mirite

It was hard, but I managed to make a post with worse English than yours. ^^^
BTW, please make less stupid posts. Thanks.

This deal is awesome - I guess I shouldn't have bought the game on day one since I've barely had time to play it.[/QUOTE]

I dumb downed it 4 u!!!!! Your such an intellectual. I'm sorry my 4 years at community college didn't pay off!!! U R AFUKINGDOUSHEBAG ZITRIDDEN FAtAZZ GO WHAkOFF WITH UR FLESHLIGHT :bow:

HOLY CRAP! I already have Marvel vs Capcom 2, but that's an awesome price. Does anyone know if I can download it again and gift it to a friend? And yes, I mean buy it

I just got Shadow Complex, will also get Castle Crashers on the 30th.

I'd get Braid too if I hadn't just bought it for $2.50 through Steam :)

Argh, I already have it. Got it for $10 through amazon back in the day and thought that was a deal (originally it was $15 and 1200 microsoft points). I was WRONG.

Battlefield Blog..

"Also, from now until Dec 31st, watch for the daily Xbox Holiday deal where Battlefield 1943 is slated for an incredible steal for only one day! We've got to keep our traps shut on that exact day and price (at least we gave you a range!) but check on our twitter @officialbfbc2 as we'll tweet away when it's live."

Already posted.

[quote name='buster90']Another day of crappy deals.[/QUOTE]

I don't care if you don't like the game - you're an idiot if you think a popular, 1200 point title with an active community for more than half off is a "crappy deal." If you didn't notice, most of the people in this thread are thrilled with today's deal.

[quote name='Mokilicious']Is MvC2 worth the $7? Will I like it if I played the original?
Just need some quick opinions.[/QUOTE]

MvC2 is MvC1 on tons and tons of steroids.

One of the (if not the) biggest roster of any fighting game ever, crazy tag team fighting, a very active community.

My one caution about the 360 version is that if you're trying to use the stock gamepads for it, you may be disappointed. Try the demo and see how it controls for you. Additionally, if you have a nearby Bestbuy, the Madcatz fighting game pads should be on clearance for $20. They work well for this and any other 2d 360 game.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I don't care if you don't like the game - you're an idiot if you think a popular, 1200 point title with an active community for more than half off is a "crappy deal." If you didn't notice, most of the people in this thread are thrilled with today's deal.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I don't really know how much better the deals can get. They're not going to start giving away games on demand for free, any expectation along those lines is ridiculous. I never expected to see any popular XBLA games show up for this sale. Here's hoping for cheap ass Magic the Gathering.

[quote name='fader089']It did the same thing to me but I bought mine from my Xbox 360. I had the demo but once I bought it it seemed to download the whole game again.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this too but I don't think it actually downloads the whole game. If you notice, the download says 169MB (or whatever) but seems to download in a couple secs. Much faster than what it would normally take on xbla.

I think i'll jump in on mvc2 even though i have the xbox one.

This is a great deal! I bought Xbox points off Amazon because I didn't have enough and wanted to play MvC right away!

[quote name='KingBroly']Games that are in the Top 10 of sales don't have price cuts/deals. That's why Shadow Complex has a deal on it and not Castle Crashers.[/QUOTE]

So what happens when Castle Crashers goes on sale?

Do you implode?

[quote name='Halo05']MvC2 is MvC1 on tons and tons of steroids.

One of the (if not the) biggest roster of any fighting game ever, crazy tag team fighting, a very active community.

My one caution about the 360 version is that if you're trying to use the stock gamepads for it, you may be disappointed. Try the demo and see how it controls for you. Additionally, if you have a nearby Bestbuy, the Madcatz fighting game pads should be on clearance for $20. They work well for this and any other 2d 360 game.

Yes. I don't really know how much better the deals can get. They're not going to start giving away games on demand for free, any expectation along those lines is ridiculous. I never expected to see any popular XBLA games show up for this sale. Here's hoping for cheap ass Magic the Gathering.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! Now I'm sold. I absolutely loved the first one and learning that this one's better and has a huge roster, I'll definitely buy it!

Anyone know (confirm) the Fallout 3 DLC is also available for games for windows LIVE at the holiday deal price? I'd rather get the DLC at that price than have to buy the pc GoTY for the DLC which would sadly be cheaper than buying each DLC off LIVE.

thanks in advance.

Btw I'm sure people here know but just in case you don;t/ the MtG game is mostly preset decks that you can't really adjust. you can add cards that you win, but you can't take cards out and you can't create your own deck which was a bit disappointing for me.

It was fun to replay magic, but I felt a bit cheated and it lost some of the feel of magic because of that.

Still a decent game, and at the price it not bad.

[quote name='1trueshad0w']I remember when I bought MvC2 for $50 on the PS2[/QUOTE]
There are people who will pay $50 for a physical copy of this classic game. So the digital release is not going to devalue your physical copy much.

[quote name='100xp']Anyone know (confirm) the Fallout 3 DLC is also available for games for windows LIVE at the holiday deal price? I'd rather get the DLC at that price than have to buy the pc GoTY for the DLC which would sadly be cheaper than buying each DLC off LIVE.

thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. These deals are only for Xbox Live.

[quote name='Driver121113']Battlefield Blog..

"Also, from now until Dec 31st, watch for the daily Xbox Holiday deal where Battlefield 1943 is slated for an incredible steal for only one day! We've got to keep our traps shut on that exact day and price (at least we gave you a range!) but check on our twitter @officialbfbc2 as we'll tweet away when it's live."

Already posted.[/QUOTE]

This is great news!
Looks like I'll bite on Battlefield and Braid :)

If you don't get MVC2 and Shadow Complex at those prices, you're definitely a retard. Those are the best games on XBLA right now. Shit, if you have 1,600 MS points, you'll even have some spare change to buy some "indie" games or shitty clothes for your avatar after you get them both.

Yep scored the Shadow Complex + MVC2 Combo deal using a free gift card from bestbuy which nabbed me some M$ Moonpoints. So I'm happy. I refused to pay $15 originally . At least you get the Dreamcast port with this.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']
and when exactly does the deal of the week switch, like what day do they change it on? I'm trying to wait until last minute/day before I pull the trigger on Shadow Complex, to get as many daily deals I want with my points, use them as wisely as I can.[/QUOTE]

From OP.

December 21 through December 27:
Shadow Complex for 800 Microsoft Points

December 28 through January 3:
The Maw for 400 Microsoft Points

Hmm done.

In for Shadow Complex + MVC2.

Good thing I didn't buy Magic the gathering either. I enjoyed the demo despite knowing you wouldn't be able to create your own decks enough that I figured i'd buy it. The day I was thinking about buying it I saw this thread and thought to myself "i'll hold off until new years just to make sure Magic doesn't go on sale." *BAM* the luck of the CAG strikes again. :bouncy:

Very sweet deal on MvC2. 560 points is what, $7? What a steal. Would have easily jumped on it but I already have it for my PS3. :]

[quote name='xlaxparkax']If you don't get MVC2 and Shadow Complex at those prices, you're definitely a retard. Those are the best games on XBLA right now. Shit, if you have 1,600 MS points, you'll even have some spare change to buy some "indie" games or shitty clothes for your avatar after you get them both.[/QUOTE]

I could see passing up Shadow Complex. I probably will be - I figure I can eat the extra $5 later on (or negate it by getting points on sale), and that $10 can go a long way in Steam's sale.

If you've got any interest in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, though, go for it. It's worth it.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']well smart ass i have it on DC so hmmmm fuck off[/QUOTE]

...haha...that kind of helped prove the point further then if thats true.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']ya but alot of people say MP is great its skipping i cant even play :([/QUOTE]

So...you try it once or twice, and write it off as garbage? Even though the problem is something that could be attributed to your ISP or your opponent instead of the game itself?

You really are earning that genius badge, buddy.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']So...you try it once or twice, and write it off as garbage? Even though the problem is something that could be attributed to your ISP or your opponent instead of the game itself?

You really are earning that genius badge, buddy.[/QUOTE]

I feel confident in attributing the problems to user error in this situation.

Wow, what an awesome deal. Still worth the 1200 points I payed back when it first released, but dam...560 points....a no-brainer. Go pick that shits up!

[quote name='eastx']I feel confident in attributing the problems to user error in this situation.[/QUOTE]
im not writing it off as crap, I have the original just saying so far its not that great on 360 (whether it be my ISP or whatever)

bread's done
Back