Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='evophile']I own it already, but today is a winner!

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 560 space bucks http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/us-GB/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

Also a supposed list leaked the other day that everyone thought was fake b/c yesterdays deal didn't match up. However turns out other regions did in fact get Rez. Stolen from Eurogamer, this list is probably not 100%, and probably either came from EU or ASIA territory. Also the BF1943 original price is wrong.

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

I hope that's list isn't accurate. Those deals are pretty lame.

Don't worry, it's mentioned on the Xbox site that we'll be getting some avatar items in the deal instead of some of those!

tbh, it wouldn't make sense for the rest of the holiday deals to be all XBLA games after they've already given avatar items, themes, games, and videos considering it's for everyone and not just specifically gamers.

I hope these are correct--been waiting for a Braid price drop forever, and Castle Crashers looks interesting--will need to dload the demo. [quote name='evophile'] 29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
[/QUOTE]

you know, I don't believe that list at all. Who the heck writes the "22th"?? I know it's from a different country and all, but come on! would be sweet if all the ones on there I didn't have were true ;)

[quote name='KyleN']....Castle Crashers looks interesting--will need to dload the demo.[/QUOTE]

Dude... Castle Crashers is one of the greatest games of all times. You need to own it.

[quote name='KyleN']I hope these are correct--been waiting for a Braid price drop forever, and Castle Crashers looks interesting--will need to dload the demo.[/QUOTE]

Braid is significantly cheaper on Steam right now - it's $2.50 there, as opposed to $7 in Microsoft Space Bucks. Unless having it on the 360 is vital, I'd just get the PC version.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']i'd buy magic the gathering, none of the others... doubt it'll be 400 though...[/QUOTE]

...Why? MvC2 is more than half off, and we've already seen one 800 point title at 400 points with Worms 2.

[quote name='djplasmid']Dude... Castle Crashers is one of the greatest games of all times. You need to own it.[/QUOTE]

And it is also super repetitive for some people so yeah it would be a good idea to test it out first.

was it true Trials HD was only 400 yesterday, it shows it on Major Neslons blog, thats sucks if it was normally 1200, wanted that one, demo was cool.

[quote name='pun123']was it true Trials HD was only 400 yesterday, it shows it on Major Neslons blog, thats sucks if it was normally 1200, wanted that one, demo was cool.[/QUOTE]

That is how much the DLC is. The game still costs the same, but the DLC (Big Pack) costs 400.

[quote name='pun123']was it true Trials HD was only 400 yesterday, it shows it on Major Neslons blog, thats sucks if it was normally 1200, wanted that one, demo was cool.[/QUOTE]
The DLC is 400 points. The actual game's still 1200.

I haven't seen any announcements as such yet, but I can confirm that Uno Rush is indeed 400 points right now - I just checked on xbox.com and searched for it. Sure enough the full version is discounted. ;)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Uno Rush worth the 400?[/QUOTE]

I think so. I found it a good twist on standard Uno. It's much faster paced but I think it's worth $5.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Braid is significantly cheaper on Steam right now - it's $2.50 there, as opposed to $7 in Microsoft Space Bucks. Unless having it on the 360 is vital, I'd just get the PC version..[/QUOTE]

FWIW, Braid on PC plays exactly like the Xbox 360 version if you use the controller. Same button prompts and everything. I actually prefer the PC version because I can play it at work easily :D

[quote name='mdmusick']FWIW, Braid on PC plays exactly like the Xbox 360 version if you use the controller. Same button prompts and everything. I actually prefer the PC version because I can play it at work easily :D[/QUOTE]

Really? How could it possibly play differently when you're using the EXACT SAME METHOD TO PLAY IT?

I only interest in:
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

[quote name='KingBroly']...

Really? How could it possibly play differently when you're using the EXACT SAME METHOD TO PLAY IT?[/QUOTE]

Probably because he can't take an Xbox to work ???

[quote name='Masterkyo']I only interest in:

I already have Braid, will definitely get CC, but need to think on BF1943 ...

Yet, they are the best of the bunch, though...

Uno Rush is pretty fun.

I thought it was unfairly passed over by alot of people because it was more expensive than the original Uno on XBLA, but Uno Rush is definitely worth 400 points imo.

At the very least, try the demo out for yourself.

Remember that BF1943 costs 1200 points normally, so it will probably only go to 560 points on sale. That is assuming the list is right about the title and just has the cost wrong.

[quote name='KingBroly']...

Really? How could it possibly play differently when you're using the EXACT SAME METHOD TO PLAY IT?[/QUOTE]
He means it has offical 360 controler support built-in, and shows the proper 360 button prompts like on console.

Braid is 2.50 on Steam right now.

Same here except for BF1943. Already have the game. I highly recommend it if you love multiplayer games w/vehicles. I played the hell out of the original PC 1942 so I knew I would play it again on Live. For those that don't know, this is multiplayer only, but one of the best on XBLA.

[quote name='spree4567']Remember that BF1943 costs 1200 points normally, so it will probably only go to 560 points on sale. That is assuming the list is right about the title and just has the cost wrong.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling the lowest it will be dropped is to 800. It's on sale at the PSN store right now for 10 bucks, I doubt MS will drop it past that. That being said, I would LOVE to see it be dropped down to 560. Either way, it will be a buy for me. I already own CC and I have no interest in Braid at all.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I also hope the deals aren't correct.... especially since I own every single one of those arcade games. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Considering the last two were correct for the US, and the previous one was correct in other territories, I think your hope is hopeless.

[quote name='hpv']I hope that's list isn't accurate. Those deals are pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

That's enough trolling. Go back under your bridge.

[quote name='stubadub']Considering the last two were correct for the US, and the previous one was correct in other territories, I think your hope is hopeless.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt it. Sadly, I have points burning a hole in my pocket... I'll eventually buy something, was hoping for something else with these sales, but alas. :whistle2:/

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Same here except for BF1943. Already have the game. I highly recommend it if you love multiplayer games w/vehicles. I played the hell out of the original PC 1942 so I knew I would play it again on Live. For those that don't know, this is multiplayer only, but one of the best on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

It only has 3 maps right, with no more coming in sight?

[quote name='eastx']That's enough trolling. Go back under your bridge.[/QUOTE]

The human pappiloma virus lives under a bridge?

the game deals are fantastic so far. cheap enough to buy things on a whim.

i hope the leaked list IS correct just so all the naysayers can eat crow.

I'm hoping it's all the Fallout DLC and not just Broken Steel. can you believe it, I've been waiting for six months for a discount on these!

Already picked up Shadow Complex and MvsC2. Bought CC and have Braid on PC. I might bite on BF 1943 and MTG(if legit). Thank you free Doritos points! :applause:

Is Shadow Complex for 800 really over? Somebody else please check to confirm. I cannot because I have a Silver account and was going to activate a gold month subscription today to get the game. Don't want to waste my card if the deal is over.

[quote name='Maestro']I'm hoping it's all the Fallout DLC and not just Broken Steel. can you believe it, I've been waiting for six months for a discount on these![/QUOTE]

well either way I think GS is selling the two disc packages (4 DLC's - excluding Mothership Zeta) for $10. So if they aren't all on sale, or even if they are, you still come out even..

Thumbing down the Uno Rush deal for the average Joe for three reasons:

1. They released it at $10
2. It released with TONS of bugs, that didn't get fixed until months after
3. The online community is dead, the Original Uno has a community tenfold this.

I actually like this one more than the original, but regardless thats my two cents

i was about to buy Shadow Complex today, but it appears the deal did not last the whole week? It's 1200 MS Points online and through Live Marketplace at the moment. : (

bread's done
Back