Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

Wow gotta admit, 1st time I went out my way to purchase these deals:

Shadow Complex
The Maw
Marvel vs Capcom

& will probably purchase:

Castle Crashers
Braid

still debating the F3 DLC, probably will pass since I haven't even put the disc in

I've purchased more games/content then I have ever purchased. (except for RB2 songs) I'm sure MS will definitely be repeating these type of sales again.

[quote name='NINJA V']hmmm... according to some spoiler list - looks like braid then castle crashers is up next for 560ms points each (fingers crossed).[/QUOTE]
We won't be getting Braid, instead it will be another rental.

I downloaded the maw demo but wasn't that impressed or even understood what was going on. I may still get it based on my love for splosion man and it's only 5 dollars.

[quote name='VidPower']Tried out the maw demo and... I was not a fan of it...[/QUOTE]

i seen the gameplay & I don't think i like the game. Maybe i'll get it in the future sale! Still lookin' forward Braid, Castle crasher and battlefield 1943.

I was goin to get the Stones pack, but it's all live and there are only 2 songs I really want in the pack. If one of the songs had been their version of Aint to Proud to Beg, I would have picked it up.

[quote name='Mokilicious']Source?[/QUOTE]
Blame this guy:
[quote name='evophile']No Magic TG today kinda sucks as that was what I was looking forward to and one of the few games on the list that I didn't have.

And those of you predicting Braid is the next deal we'll get shafted on are probably correct.

A new list has been leaked in from a Dutch Xbox site, detailing the regional difference. Here it is in completion

Regions with Zune Marketplace & Indie Games (US/EU)

18 2010 Glasses -> Gratis
19 Worms 2: Armageddon, 800 -> 400pts
20 New Year's premium theme, 240 -> Gratis
21 Avatar Golf, 400 -> 200 pts
22 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
23 Marvel vs Capcom 2, 1200 -> 560 pts
24 UNO Rush, 800 -> 400 pts
25 The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, 800 -> 400 pts
26 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
27 Fallout 3 ALL DLC, 800 -> 400 pts
28 The Rolling Stones Track Pack (Guitar Hero) -> 720 -> 320 pts
29 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
30 Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560 pts
31 Battlefield 1943, 1200 -> 600 pts

Regions without Zune Marketplace & Indie Games (EU/Various)

19 Worms 2: Armageddon, 800 -> 400 pts
21 Bing Crosby - White Christmas (Lips), 180 -> 80 pts
22 Rez HD, 800 -> 400 pts
26 Magic: The Gathering, 800 -> 400 pts
28 The Rolling Stones Track Pack (Guitar Hero), -> 720 -> 320 pts
29 Braid, 1200 -> 560 pts

Regions without Zune Marketplace but with Indie Games (Japan)

21 Avatar Golf, 400 -> 200 pts
22 Rez HD, 800 -> 400 pts
26 Magic: The Gathering, 800 -> 400 pts
29 Braid, 1200 -> 560 pts

Regions with Zune Marketplace but without Indie Games (Netherlands)

21 Bing Crosby - White Christmas (Lips), 180 -> 80 pts
22 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
26 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
29 Film/TV depending on region, 80 pts
31 Battlefield 1943, 1200 -> 600 pts[/QUOTE]

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I was goin to get the Stones pack, but it's all live and there are only 2 songs I really want in the pack. If one of the songs had been their version of Aint to Proud to Beg, I would have picked it up.[/QUOTE]

And what is wrong with Live versions of the songs? Most of the songs in the pack are from early Stones, i.e. mono sound. Unless they would remix them ala RB Beatles, you won't be having much fun playing them. Besides, Stones were always a good Live act.

I bought the Maw. It's interesting to see the DLC packs are 100 points each. Hmm...might have to get them depending on how many points I'll have afterwards (I'm at 2060 right now, so that's an odd number). If BF1943 goes on sale, I might get that as well.

I'll give maw a shot. I downloaded monkey island blindly onsale and I'm not sure if I have the attention span for it, but for 400 pts most games are worth a shot

[quote name='jdawgg76']Wasn't Worms 2 for 400 points a DOTD early on? It's still 400 points and I still haven't checked out Worms 1 which I've had for a while.[/QUOTE]

Worms 2 was on sale for $5 at Amazon awhile back.

[quote name='token2k6']don't forget that the Maw "lost episodes" or whatever are only 100 pts each, and there are 3 of them. Possible 250 GS w/ this game..[/QUOTE]

are they always that price tho? may wait on them

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']Without Braid I'm not sure I'll get anything from these deals. Maybe Castle Crashets, but is it any good single player?[/QUOTE]

single player is still good... much more fun with co-op. it has same couch and online co op so you can easily find people to play with, I've played with my 8 yr old and 6 yr old brother and its even fun like that. worth it at 1200, cant recommend it enough at 560

[quote name='crunchewy']Without Braid I'm not sure I'll get anything from these deals. Maybe Castle Crashets, but is it any good single player?[/QUOTE]

Short answer: No.

Long answer: It's much, much better if you can have multiple people, and even more so if they are in the same room. Some of my best college nights were spent playing this game with 4 people in my room. Single player, it just feels like a button masher, which it is, but it's a fun one if you have a lot of people there with you.

[quote name='netscorer']And what is wrong with Live versions of the songs? Most of the songs in the pack are from early Stones, i.e. mono sound. Unless they would remix them ala RB Beatles, you won't be having much fun playing them. Besides, Stones were always a good Live act.[/QUOTE]

I don't really like playing/singing along to live versions as they are usually not the same as the album cuts. Be it tempo, extended sections, longer solos, lyric flubs, ect. It's just my personal preference. I have no problem with live albums or anything, just game wise, I like the studio cuts.

Had to buy Maw for 400, that game was so hilarious/fun. But i swear if they shaft us out of Braid, im never buying MS points again >_>, the one game i was looking forward to (Already have CC and BF1943)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Had to buy Maw for 400, that game was so hilarious/fun. But i swear if they shaft us out of Braid, im never buying MS points again >_>, the one game i was looking forward to (Already have CC and BF1943)[/QUOTE]

QFT (so we can see if you go back on your word)

Braid was DOTW not that long ago. If you want it cheap, get it on STEAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
For one, i dont have a credit card, and secondly, i have about 4000 MS points that i would prefer to spend than having to download a program that im probally never gonna use more than once.

I loved The Maw. I hug my Maw plushie to remind me of the good times. I never got around to trying out any of the extra DLC levels. Can anyone recommend those? I know they were pretty cheap.

I'm really considering buying The Maw. I've downloaded the demo and played it a few times. My two year old loves watching me play it. I've never really got into playing XBox arcade games, that is until I bought Shadow Complex the other day and enjoyed it tremendously.

How much more content does the DLC give you?

[quote name='Crazyhowie']I loved The Maw. I hug my Maw plushie to remind me of the good times. I never got around to trying out any of the extra DLC levels. Can anyone recommend those? I know they were pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get the plushie?

[quote name='DarkZion']Grabbed The Maw. Unlike what a bunch of people posted, I really enjoyed the demo.[/QUOTE]

On the fence myself after the demo. Cute game. Reminds me of the Oddworld stuff on original Xbox. Still, my backlog. Will I ever really play it?

Finally! Been waiting for the Maw to drop for a while.

For those who played 'Splosion Man, there's a really cool connection between it and The Maw.

I got The Maw this morning and played it for a couple hours. It's really, really fun and quick. I'm on Level 6 of 8 after about 2.5 hours of play. So figure about 4 hours for a full play-through. Definitely worth it, and I say that as someone with a triple-digit backlog!

Based on Microsoft's patter looks like Castle Crashers won't be part of the deal. They will have a rental for some crappy movie. There needs to be at least one more rental in the pot.

[quote name='nypickle']It's not a deal, but at least it was offered as part of the Spike TV Dew Download contest (which ended). Many of us that entered will be winning it for free :applause:[/QUOTE]

gahhh I really need to remember to check out the CAG sweepstakes forums.

[quote name='buster90']Based on Microsoft's patter looks like Castle Crashers won't be part of the deal. They will have a rental for some crappy movie. There needs to be at least one more rental in the pot.[/QUOTE]

actually, Braid's more likely to get the rental treatment. Castle Crashers should still be on sale... but there's really no gaurantee so don't get your hopes up for either and then you can't be letdown :)

Regarding the GH5 tracks (like today's from the Rolling Stones), will they work on GHWT? I don't yet have GH5 but I had heard that GHWT tracks would play on GH5. Just wondering if it would work the other way too.

[quote name='J Bling Blang']Not sure if it's been brought up, but can I play the Rolling Stones track pack in World Tour? I want to make sure before I spend the points.[/QUOTE]

generally there's a disclaimer before you download of which original game you need to play the tracks. i.e. RB2 tracks are not compatible with Rock Band Beatles and GH5 etc. Going to GH's website should also have that info for each of their products. Che'che'check it out.

bread's done
Back