Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

I bought monkey island when it came out. it's ok but i didnt find it funny. its at least better than the new tales series though. hoping tomorrow is magic the gathering :whistle2:D

[quote name='Ruined']The PC one is probably better due to point and click interface.[/QUOTE]
Actually, it isn't. I've beat the 360 version. They actually optimized the control for 360 - the inventory system and whatnot is better on that system. I haven't played the PC version, so I can't be sure. I think this is the case though.

Got Monkey Island...now I wish Sam and Max S2 eventually hits a sale.

Thinking about Magic tomorrow, who has it and what are your thoughts on the game?

Nabbed me the last 4, Worms, MvC2, Uno Rush, and Monkey Island.

If the leaked list holds true, I got The Maw, Magic The Gather, Braid, and Castle Crashers to go, along with the two Mass Effect DLCs + Dragon Age Origins.

Hope the 4600 points I have left will cover it.

Magic The Gathering is alright...
it gets really dull though, I usually can't play for more than an hour.

It's a basic card game, as you beat opponents you will unlock an extra card, and a new deck for each boss fight. You never really feel like you achieved much though, so it gets tedious.

That being said, I enjoyed it at full price, so half off I would definatly go for it. And I've never even played the real card game or am into it or anything, but it's a decent XBLA game to kill some time.

... I may end up biting on Monkey Island to go with the stuffed animal monkey that was in my stocking this morning haha. what are peoples thoughts on monkey island? what type of game is it/how does it play?

[quote name='evophile']I own it already, but today is a winner!

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for 560 space bucks http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/us-GB/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

Also a supposed list leaked the other day that everyone thought was fake b/c yesterdays deal didn't match up. However turns out other regions did in fact get Rez. Stolen from Eurogamer, this list is probably not 100%, and probably either came from EU or ASIA territory. Also the BF1943 original price is wrong.

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

On EAs website for their other promotion, they note that Battlefield 1943 will be on sale on the 31st for 600 spacebucks.

I read the Maw will be 400 points tomorrow anyone know if this is true? If so i'll be picking it up.

UNO Rush is only 400 today right? Is that worth getting? I played the trial and it was alright, nothing on the original though.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I read the Maw will be 400 points tomorrow anyone know if this is true? If so i'll be picking it up.

UNO Rush is only 400 today right? Is that worth getting? I played the trial and it was alright, nothing on the original though.[/QUOTE]

the maw will be 400 points on the 28th for a week, and uno rush was yesterdays deal, today is monkey island

[quote name='saunderscowie']I read the Maw will be 400 points tomorrow anyone know if this is true? If so i'll be picking it up.

UNO Rush is only 400 today right? Is that worth getting? I played the trial and it was alright, nothing on the original though.[/QUOTE]
UNO Rush was yesterday's deal, but it's still showing up as 400 points:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-00005841089a?cid=SLink

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is still showing up as 560 points as well:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

I liked Uno Rush over the original Uno due to the quicker pace, but it all comes down to preference.

[quote name='McNutsack']Can someone tell me how many hours Monkey Island takes to complete, roughly?[/QUOTE]

Less than 2 hours if you know how to solve the puzzles. If it's your first time though, I'd say anywhere from 6 to 10 hours (as long as you don't use the hints).

[quote name='McNutsack']Can someone tell me how many hours Monkey Island takes to complete, roughly?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on how good you are at solving the puzzles. I think if you didn't get stuck and knew how to do everything you could get through it in 2 hours. More likely is 6-10 hours for the average person.

is the demo of monkey island a real good representation of the game? Reason I ask is I played the demo and didn't really care for it (didn't laugh at all that I recall) but everybody is always raving about it so I wasn't sure.

Anyone know if MvC2 and Worms will still download for that price? I thought it was only a daily deal thing. I just don't want to be overcharged on my points later because microsoft made a mistake.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Listen up, youngins. It's games like Monkey Island that led to your current well-off gaming existence. Man up and buy it.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to quote this statement ten million times in order to mine every last bit of truth out of it.

Do what is suggested - man up and buy it, children.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Listen up, youngins. It's games like Monkey Island that led to your current well-off gaming existence. Man up and buy it.[/QUOTE]

was it? I can think of a few before Monkey Island..in fact, I think as a kid, I played every other game except for Monkey Island (no reason in particular, guess I just never really saw it around or was able to get haxed copies :D )..

[quote name='token2k6']was it? I can think of a few before Monkey Island..[/QUOTE]

We are now dangerously close to a Lucasarts vs Sierra argument.

SIERRA SUCKS

LUCASARTS FO EVA

There. Now we are totally into one.

I already bought Monkey Island a while back for 800 and never finished it, I have that problem with arcade games, made it half way through Phantasy Star II and quit that as well. I might change my mind about Marvel vs Capcom 2 and give it a chance for 560, only because I just bought a crap ton of points.

Not a bad deal, but I'll stick with the $2.50 version I got from Steam's Black Friday sale.

I'm glad the list has panned out so far, because I need me some Castle Crashers. :D

[quote name='JJSP']Someone release Maniac Mansion please.[/QUOTE]

I'd kill for that. Maniac Mansion Deluxe is okay, but I'd love to see a full-blown, authorized remake.

[quote name='Strell']We are now dangerously close to a Lucasarts vs Sierra argument.

SIERRA SUCKS

LUCASARTS FO EVA

There. Now we are totally into one.[/QUOTE]

I...actually can't argue with that.

just bought shadow complex and monkey island and im sitting on 550 points. SUCH a kick in the balls for when Braid is coming for 560. Godddddd damnit.
Merry Christmas?

[quote name='caesius']just bought shadow complex and monkey island and im sitting on 550 points. SUCH a kick in the balls for when Braid is coming for 560. Godddddd damnit.
Merry Christmas?[/QUOTE]

Buy some more points, its worth it.

decided i'd splurge on Shadow Complex...i mean i had 3000 points haha, might as well.

Not sure about Monkey Island..is it worth it? I know Castle Crashers is one I've been wanting to go on sale, so i'll nab that..but i think i may just save the rest of my points

I'm pretty sure a MW2 map pack is coming out soon, the new DA:O DLC, probably some DLC for AC2 or whatnot...ya, i'll just save

[quote name='RBH']UNO Rush was yesterday's deal, but it's still showing up as 400 points:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-00005841089a?cid=SLink

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is still showing up as 560 points as well:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410976?cid=SLink

I liked Uno Rush over the original Uno due to the quicker pace, but it all comes down to preference.[/QUOTE]

Although it shows up at 400 still, the confirmation page will bring the price back to 800.

Yes. Kids, play this game. fucking kids not playing Monkey Island...

Strell - Endless Ocean 2 is going to be $30! Buy it this February!

Do we have any idea what the other games are going to be? I see posts refering to Castle Crashers etc. Is there a page in this thread where the expected list is posted?

I'm wanting to get Braid and getting it on sale would be nice.

I hope that list stays true, I'm going to end up getting Monkey Island, Magic the Gathering and probably Battlefield 1943. Thank god I got a bunch of points a few weeks ago and received the 120 gig HD for Xmas to replace my ancient 20 gig original. I always held strong against buying avatar stuff, despite the SW and Transformers stuff but I can't resist it. I have to buy the Mickey ears...maybe the Donald Duck shirt too.

[quote name='Yeahman']Do we have any idea what the other games are going to be? I see posts refering to Castle Crashers etc. Is there a page in this thread where the expected list is posted?

I'm wanting to get Braid and getting it on sale would be nice.[/QUOTE]

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

[quote name='Virsago']22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400