Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='imri']anybody have a trial gold or anything i really want shadow complex at 800. i'll send you a code for ultimate mortal kombat 3[/QUOTE]

48 hour gold trials don't work with DoTW.

[quote name='imamanwithaplan']is castle crashers worth 560 pts?[/QUOTE]

yes, of course 1 of the best xbl arcade games! I'd also recommend magic: the gathering, braid and just about everything else is a good deal and worth getting. Worms 2 was okay, monkey island was a good purchase for myself and uno rush and the other deals were decent. The only sucky deal out of all this was that stargate sd movie rental in my opinion.

I've already got Castle Crashers and Braid (the latter from a CAG trade no less), so all that's left for me is Mothership Zeta and Battlefield.

Keep in mind that Battlefield is actually 1200 -> 600, so a 50% off discount AND the potential 800 point rebate from EA if you pick up additional content as well.

[quote name='imamanwithaplan']is castle crashers worth 560 pts?[/QUOTE]

YES! Grab it and play with friends! And follow Behemoth on twitter to grab the DLCs for free, they give them away occasionally.

Yeah Castle Crashers is worth 560, it's not a bad game at all. I didn't think it was the best game on XBLA, but it's a blast with friends. I don't regret buying it.

[quote name='Strell']We are now dangerously close to a Lucasarts vs Sierra argument.

SIERRA SUCKS

LUCASARTS FO EVA

There. Now we are totally into one.[/QUOTE]

I Zork in your general direction! Good day, Sir!! ;)

[quote name='James in VA']I Zork in your general direction! Good day, Sir!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Zork has grues.

Monkey island has three headed monkeys.

POINT: LUCASARTS

[quote name='Xfactor19990']what is monkey island, like is it just a chapter or whole series in one download?[/QUOTE]

it's a complete game (first game in the series)

What's the difference between the Monkey Island on 360 and the one on steam? On steam i'm seeing a bunch of "episodes" and then on 360 there's just this version. Does this include all those episodes or are they something different?

[quote name='Sweetbabyjezuz']What's the difference between the Monkey Island on 360 and the one on steam? On steam i'm seeing a bunch of "episodes" and then on 360 there's just this version. Does this include all those episodes or are they something different?[/QUOTE]

different things. Secret of Monkey Island is a updated release of the original Monkey Island while Tales Of Monkey Island is Telltale's episodic Monkey Island series.

[quote name='davidmt']It really depends on how good you are at solving the puzzles. I think if you didn't get stuck and knew how to do everything you could get through it in 2 hours. More likely is 6-10 hours for the average person.[/QUOTE]

According to achievement forums, 2 hours is a lil too speedy for a realistic first play through...even skipping all the text and heading straight to all the "objectives"(so to speak) most people get around 2 1/2, for that speed achievement, on their second run through.

Me...It'll definitely take me 10; I'm so stuck at the beginning, by the circus, looking for a helmet I believe. I am so ashamed, I've been playing point and click games all my life, too =/
The games so short I refuse to use a guide! I want my monies worth!

So far the game is keeping me interested. Although it doesnt have as much charm or wit as I expected, tbqh, some of the jokes are just plain flat, when compared to charasmatic dialogue like Grim Fandango or Sam and Max.

Worth every MS point, though...
Shadow Complex, ..Man I've played 5 hours straight. Every one should own this.

[quote name='McNutsack']According to achievement forums, 2 hours is a lil too speedy for a realistic first play through...even skipping all the text and heading straight to all the "objectives"(so to speak) most people get around 2 1/2, for that speed achievement, on their second run through.

Me...It'll definitely take me 10; I'm so stuck at the beginning, by the circus, looking for a helmet I believe. I am so ashamed, I've been playing point and click games all my life, too =/
The games so short I refuse to use a guide! I want my monies worth!

So far the game is keeping me interested. Although it doesnt have as much charm or wit as I expected, tbqh, some of the jokes are just plain flat, when compared to charasmatic dialogue like Grim Fandango or Sam and Max.

Worth every MS point, though...
Shadow Complex, ..Man I've played 5 hours straight. Every one should own this.[/QUOTE]

talk to the guys at the circus, and they'll give you some sort of pot, if I remember right

^for the helmet, use the POT you should of picked up with the fish & meat once the cook left the kitchen you were suppose to walk in the door and pick up all of those items. The pot is under the meat and you have click downards to pick it up. Once you do get the pot, tell the 2 guys @ the circus you do have a helmet and when they ask to see it just choose the pot in your item selection and hand it to them from proof. From there, you'll continue to the job and get paid for it. It's a really fun game and worth the $5 so pick up the monkey island se if you haven't gotten it. By the way, I found this on xbox.com. $5 games=Feeding Frenzy, Gin Rummy, Sonic The Hedgehog Arcade, Uno, Zuma. Most of those were already $5 but I didn't know gin rummy was and might pick that up.

Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/calendar/arcadeafternoon/

damn, i guess im buying shadow complex....and castle crashers. ive been thinking about it, and i played the demos and they seem like solid games

[quote name='Xfactor19990']should i buy monkey island? Is it worth it? or get it on steam?[/QUOTE]

Is the steam version the same as the remix 360 or is it the old early 90's version?

[quote name='evophile']
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560

25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400

27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400

29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560[/QUOTE]

It's taking all my power to resist that Secret of Monkey Island deal (i got it for the iPhone but hate the controls...)
I'm hoping for Mothership Zeta on the DLC for FO3, it's the only one i am missing and it sounded decent enough.
I was so pumped when i saw MvC2 on sale, i'm no good at fighting games but this has to be my favorite series by far. I can't wait for the Braid sale either, that game looks fantastic and i missed the last sale.

[quote name='McNutsack']I'm so stuck at the beginning, by the circus, looking for a helmet I believe. I am so ashamed, I've been playing point and click games all my life, too =/
The games so short I refuse to use a guide! I want my monies worth![/QUOTE]
[quote name='intoxicated662']^for the helmet,
use the POT you should of picked up with the fish & meat once the cook left the kitchen you were suppose to walk in the door and pick up all of those items. The pot is under the meat and you have click downards to pick it up. Once you do get the pot, tell the 2 guys @ the circus you do have a helmet and when they ask to see it just choose the pot in your item selection and hand it to them from proof. From there, you'll continue to the job and get paid for it.
[/QUOTE]
#-o

I bought Monkey Island. Been wanting this game since it came out but held off and now I'm glad I did! Almost picked it up on Steam but I like my 360 more than my PC.

Might pick up Magic, but I'm not sure since I've never played the game. Such good deals but I'm glad I own almost everything else (Shadow Complex, Braid, Castle Crashers, BF1943) since I'll have spent around 2000 MSP by the end of the month due to Uno Rush, Monkey Island, Sonic 2, The Maw, and Trials HD DLC. Dang!

[quote name='saunderscowie']Hopefully The Maw will be up there today.[/QUOTE]

it's already been said over and over again that the Maw is 400 points all next week.

I really wanted Trials HD. I still have the points so I may pick it up anyways. It's an awesome game.

So far I've picked up Secret of Monkey Island, MvC2, Worms 2 and Shadow Complex. Gotta love the 12.99 points card sale at Microcenter. :)

Looks like they're being lazy on this one. On the 360 they have all the previous "doors" closed, but today's still isn't open.

[quote name='Raikoh']I have the same problem. I literally do not have enough space to download the game even after I've deleted all my demo's and video files. *Sigh* Damn 20 gig drives (that are really more like 12 gigs)[/QUOTE]

I second that. Damn F*cking tiny 12 GB HDD... :bomb: I called Microsoft and b*tched 2 years ago (when I bought the console), and from all the way in Bangladesh (or some such similar place), they told me they'd forward the info to their ad team. Nice.

20 GB does not = 12.6 GB! WTF Msoft?! :fridge:You would think they'd correct this BS with a free upgrade. I definitely download LESS cause of the stupid tiny HDD.

Back to the thread topic, here's hoping Transformers drops in price soon. I'd be willing to pay

[quote name='Raikoh']I have the same problem. I literally do not have enough space to download the game even after I've deleted all my demo's and video files. *Sigh* Damn 20 gig drives (that are really more like 12 gigs)[/QUOTE]

I just went from 20 to 120GB. i got a used black HD from http://www.cowboom.com/store/productDetails.cfm?contentID=548523
i paid like 60 including shipping. i got a used mem card from gamestop for 15bux. used that to move my save files, and i redownloded my songs and stuff from xbl.

edit: formated 120 = 107 gig btw...

[quote name='evophile']
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

If this is true, I might have to pick up... well, definitely Castle Crashers, possibly Braid, and if it's also 560 (since it's normally 1200, not 800), probably BF1943. I finally got Shadow Complex this week, and while I still hate the aiming system (and have unnecessarily died more than a few times because of it), it really is as good as everyone said. I'm not sure why I didn't get it earlier, but I'll certainly take the $5 discount.

Like everyone else, I hate having a 20 gig HDD (especially with ~5 GB taken up by the GTA IV episodes and Rock Band tracks), but I usually just delete games I no longer have interest in playing... sure, I could theoretically want to jump into Assault Heroes 2 again, but if that time happens to arise, I can always just redownload it.

Well technically no hard drive (when formatted) will equal the advertised space. But I still don't understand how they lost 7 gigs in the transition. Pretty sure my TB drive on my PC lost less space when I formatted (couldn't imagine TB 360 drive.... it would have to lose around 100 gigs or something).

But yeah I upgraded to a 60 GB (modded my old one and gave it to my friend. In return he game me his 60 GB) and the 60 does just fine. I can install around 5 games and have space for 25 arcade titles and demos (since Shadow Complex, i had to delete one of my 360 games).

[quote name='kicking222']If this is true, I might have to pick up... BF1943.[/QUOTE]
It's been confirmed by EA that it will be 600 points.

The "missing" 7 gigs for the HDD is used as cache by the console.

Don't forget you can delete other XBLA games you don't play & redownload later?

Hmm. The christmas deals was showing as only 7 days which ended yesterday, now here in Canada I'm seeing a Boxing Week sale for the next 7, and the big discount is... The Fugitive for 80pts. I was hoping to get Magic today :(

[quote name='HDShadow']Lame. Battle for Terra SD rental for 80 points is popping up. Magic the Gathering was all I was waiting for, for the rest of the DotD.[/QUOTE]
That's all I'm getting. Weaksauce.

bread's done
Back