Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='KingBroly']600 points for 1943 seems like a bit of a ripoff when compared to the other $15 game deals they've had.[/QUOTE]

Also, if you have a decent PC, buy BF2 for a similar price- you'll have a much more fun time.

[quote name='tominater12']I would suggest not getting 1943 now since it seems EA shut down some servers for it on 360 now it is really laggy and just plain sucks.[/QUOTE]

I thought that Live covered the servers for almost all of the games that featured online play. Is Microsoft not in charge of this one? :whistle2:s

[quote name='KingBroly']600 points for 1943 seems like a bit of a ripoff when compared to the other $15 game deals they've had.[/QUOTE]

40 points difference. Fifty cents. There's a difference between "cheapass" and "Ebeneezer Scrooge." There's no reason it shouldn't be 560 points like the others, but it's not like it's drastically more expensive, either.

[quote name='Skoad']It's also apart of EA's Buy 3 Get 800 deal, though:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247126[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't surprise me if it was slightly more expensive to help cover the cost of that promotion.

[quote name='tominater12']I would suggest not getting 1943 now since it seems EA shut down some servers for it on 360 now it is really laggy and just plain sucks.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Bought BF2 Complete off Steam a few days ago for the same price (with points conversion), yet was still considering 1943... but that kills the deal completely.

Does it have a single-player mode that doesn't require the servers, and if so, how is it? Honestly, I don't play online much anyway, because I get tired of dealing with the teenagers yelling obscenities at each other, so if there's a decent single-player mode, I'm fine with it.

[quote name='arcane93']Does it have a single-player mode that doesn't require the servers, and if so, how is it? Honestly, I don't play online much anyway, because I get tired of dealing with the teenagers yelling obscenities at each other, so if there's a decent single-player mode, I'm fine with it.[/QUOTE]

no single player

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I thought that Live covered the servers for almost all of the games that featured online play. Is Microsoft not in charge of this one? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

IIRC EA has a deal with MS where they're in charge of their games servers. This was one of the reasons why it took a long while for EA to join XBOX Live, they always wanted control and MS didn't allow that option, until they came to some sort of agreement.

I'll just add that I'm really surprised at these deals. A good idea in concept, but honestly, for the final few days you'd think they'd try harder than a 17 year old movie most of us have probably already seen at least once (even on basic cable a few times).

I hope the next two knock it up a notch.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Best $1 i ever spend... ZOMBI3S FTW!!!!1!1[/QUOTE]

Is it really a good game? I'm curious--the community gave it good reviews.

Well at least the movie rental "deal" for today is for a decent movie, for a change. I still won't get it, but oh well.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Is it really a good game? I'm curious--the community gave it good reviews.[/QUOTE]

It's a riot. Worth the dollar if only to hear the music.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Is it really a good game? I'm curious--the community gave it good reviews.[/QUOTE]

I made....a game.....with ZOMMMMMBIIIEEESSS in it!

The song itself is worth the $1

[quote name='Chris Dillon']im hoping for braid but am going out of town tomorrow, do the deals appear when you purchase games through the xbox.com link? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Braid ain't coming on a deal for North America, only foreign lands. Would've been today, but instead we get Batman Returns thanks to the Zune.

But yeah, you'll see the point difference on a game if you buy a deal through Xbox.com. Castle Crashers tomorrow, BF 1943 on Thursday.

Castle Crashers and BF1943? Those are the last 2 deals? Might be in for BF1943. I think it qualifies for the EA Buy 3 Get 800 back, even though I've already got 3 things to buy(Mass Effect DLCx2, Big Surf Island)

[quote name='Ichigo1993']I made....a game.....with ZOMMMMMBIIIEEESSS in it!

The song itself is worth the $1[/QUOTE]

Agreed! It's short and sweet, but it is a funny ride if you know your twin-stick shooters!

are the maw achievements easy? it says they are but figured id ask the pros...also i heard that the DLC has bugs...is this true?

[quote name='knotfan123']are the maw achievements easy? it says they are but figured id ask the pros...also i heard that the DLC has bugs...is this true?[/QUOTE]

I have never played the game so I would not know, but it does really matter to what you think "easy" achievements are. Majority of PDZ achievements are easy, but extremely time consuming while others like Avatar: Last Airbender are easy and not time consuming. Both would be considered easy though.

[quote name='h3ro']Did they ever fix the save issues and online problems with Castle Crashers?[/QUOTE]

Yes. There was an update months ago that fixed those, and other, problems.

[quote name='knotfan123']are the maw achievements easy? it says they are but figured id ask the pros...also i heard that the DLC has bugs...is this true?[/QUOTE]
I'd say very easy if you play with an achievement guide. Easy without.

They are basically eat everything in the level (you have a stat menu on every level) and use every power-up x times. There are less than 10 levels, so you could 100% it in one sitting of less than 6 hours

Wow, saw a video on youtube. Looks aweseome. i'm down. Great song too.

I 2nd that!

For what it is, I Made a Game about Zombies is well put together.

[quote name='lVlasterchief']The Maw... oh jeez, I can't decide.[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I've actually played the demo twice now and I'm still not sold. I suppose that means I should pass.

In news from last week, Shadow Complex is pretty tough on higher difficulties. Enemy soldiers kill me in like three shots. Very cool game though, I've never seen a 2d series outside of Metroid or Castlevania pull off the whole exploring/combat thing with as much style.

It is atrocious that Braid will not be available. Microsoft, what the hell are you doing?! I'm willing to shell out $7 for Braid, but even they can't make that available. Braid was on STEAM FOR $2.50! More reasons for me to dislike the iron fist of close content console companies.

[quote name='neoKEN']It is atrocious that Braid will not be available. Microsoft, what the hell are you doing?! I'm willing to shell out $7 for Braid, but even they can't make that available. Braid was on STEAM FOR $2.50! More reasons for me to dislike the iron fist of close content console companies.[/QUOTE]
Braid WAS a Deal of the Week before >.>

And for the people saying Battlefield has laggy servers, I booted it up just now and the games I'm playing in are fine, a world's difference than my typical Halo or Left 4 Dead experience as of late.

[quote name='prateeko']So where the hell is my Castle Crashers, was that supposed to be Tue or Wed?[/QUOTE]

that's the game for today, Should be up in 7 hours or so

Def worth a buck. We downloaded it on my roommates xbox cause it is in the living room. Lots of fun with a couple of players going when just hanging out with a few people having drinks. My only gripe is that they could have easily just had the game loop the "stages" until you ran out of lifes rather than abruptly end.

[quote name='bearcatjosh']So will Battlefield 1943 be the deal tomorrow, or is it going to be a movie in the U.S.?[/QUOTE]

considering how much hype EA Has been giving it being on sale, it's pretty much a done deal for it being Thursday's deal

[quote name='fart_bubble']considering how much hype EA Has been giving it being on sale, it's pretty much a done deal for it being Thursday's deal[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for the reply.

Just an update, Castle Crashers is now listed at 560 pts. Still ringing up at 1200 though so its only a matter of time, skipped out on this and waited for a drop, so I am excited to get it for this price

Sweet! I've been waiting FOREVER to buy Castle Crashers at less then 1200 MSP. I would have jumped at 800 points (like I did w/ Braid), but 560 is a much better deal. I only figured that this would have been sooner, as a DOTW, but now I'm glad that it wasn't.

[quote name='discordman']Just an update, Castle Crashers is now listed at 560 pts. Still ringing up at 1200 though so its only a matter of time, skipped out on this and waited for a drop, so I am excited to get it for this price[/QUOTE]

I love playing beat 'em ups, and I really liked the demo of this game. It's a no brainer.

I would have thought that I would have maybe caught it for free like the DLC, but 560 is a steal.

[quote name='discordman']Just an update, Castle Crashers is now listed at 560 pts. Still ringing up at 1200 though so its only a matter of time, skipped out on this and waited for a drop, so I am excited to get it for this price[/QUOTE]

Now ringing up as 560 points. Just purchased it. Great deal, really been looking forward to this game.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I'm going to buy this today and I was wondering if anyone had codes for the DLC. If you do and you'll let em go cheap, PM me!!![/QUOTE]

the DLC is...160 ms points, ($2), not sure how much cheaper anyone will let them go. Just follow behemoth on Twitter and you can win the packs for free.

[quote name='100xp']the DLC is...160 ms points, ($2), not sure how much cheaper anyone will let them go. Just follow behemoth on Twitter and you can win the packs for free.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping tha perhaps someone who had duplicates would let them go for cheap. Like maybe a 48hr trial or something. I don't use twitter so it's kind oif hard to enter these contests.

bread's done
Back