Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

coo----im gonna pick this up i just got 2 point cards from gamestop trade in---n e 1 know where i can still get shadow complex for 800?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitemouse']anyway to send this game as a gift to someone online[/QUOTE]

Not through the dashboard. If you buy a code from an external site (Ebay, Amazon, etc) you can just give them the code...but obviously you won't get today's deal with that method.

It's fucking ridiculous that they haven't implemented some gifting system yet.

Yes, all the Fallout DLC was 50% off (400 msp each).

No, AFAIK, there's no reasonable or straightforward way to gift XBLA. Amazon is our only option.

edit: oh, didn't see previous post.

Buyer Beware

Its a shame a bunch of the servers have been shut down, thats EA for you. Put a game out for a year then shut down all the servers so you're stuck with laggy ass matches.

Hmmm, I play it all the time & I never have a problem with lag. I'm in the US & using 1.5mbps DSL but I do play at certain times(from 5pm to 11pm eastern time). If you can get 16 players in a room private matches aren't bad either.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Buyer Beware

Its a shame a bunch of the servers have been shut down, thats EA for you. Put a game out for a year then shut down all the servers so you're stuck with laggy ass matches.[/QUOTE]

Is there a better option than buying points (for CC) at xbox.com? I only have a 100 points from a contest and I don't really have any plans on buying anything else anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had a problem with their servers. I live in a big city and my internet is pretty fast. I guess that's why I'm lucky for not experiencing any issues with their servers..

we all appreciate your find...but why do i feel like the people who create these threads NEVER see that it's already been mentioned in one or more other threads?

i.e. a random example: Tons of people will be talking about how they got Fallout 3 GOTY for $40 off amazon or somewhere...and the next day some guy makes a thread titled "FO3 GOTY $40 @ Amazon!!!"

do they not look at ANY threads that exist on this site before they post?

maybe i'm just in a bad mood lol...can't hardly deal with the people on Gamefaqs lately either

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Just a fair warning this game has been abandoned by DICE for BFBC2 and BF3 so don't expect any new maps or game modes[/QUOTE]

Regardless, it's still a really well done version of BF1942. It's easily the best FPS in the console online marketplace.

[quote name='js1']Picked up Castle Crashers, had to at that price. Just need to get some people that will play it with me sometime.[/QUOTE]

add me

[quote name='jcp42877']we all appreciate your find...but why do i feel like the people who create these threads NEVER see that it's already been mentioned in one or more other threads?

i.e. a random example: Tons of people will be talking about how they got Fallout 3 GOTY for $40 off amazon or somewhere...and the next day some guy makes a thread titled "FO3 GOTY $40 @ Amazon!!!"

do they not look at ANY threads that exist on this site before they post?

maybe i'm just in a bad mood lol...can't hardly deal with the people on Gamefaqs lately either[/QUOTE]

It peaves me too. Then they don't close or up date the OP. It's not like CAGs get rep like other deal sites... so why the rush to post a deal?

Now that I have a Microsoft point balance with a tens digit of 4 instead of 0, I don't suppose that I'll ever be able to zero out the balance.

[quote name='reddjoey']There is an entire thread devoted to these sales[/QUOTE]

Indeed. And it's not like anyone could miss this deal being mentioned in that thread, given that the it's not in the title (and won't be until it's well underway) and there are only 1,600 posts in that thread.

Thanks, OP, for highlighting this - might have missed it otherwise.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Is there a better option than buying points (for CC) at xbox.com? I only have a 100 points from a contest and I don't really have any plans on buying anything else anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

There's always Ebay. I've purchased 5600 points the past two weeks for about $53, and that was with Buy It Now's. I know I could have probably gotten them a little cheaper through a sale here or there, but I received the codes within a few hours. And don't forget cashback with Bing.

I want to get CC but got some questions?

how long is castle crashers?

and

I will be playing this online co op with a friend is the online fixed I heard there is problems with it?

Yeah this deal was leaked a little while back on an EA forum or something...I will probably be grabbing this tho. I wanted to try it out, but not for $15. 600 MSP seems to be a decent price, plus I got a couple more points cards for Christmas so its cool.

online is fixed for CC. It's 4 hours or so maybe? Longer to find everything on your own. Terrible game IMO and thank god I boosted the online before this sale. Quaffing is just bleh

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']I want to get CC but got some questions?

how long is castle crashers?

and

I will be playing this online co op with a friend is the online fixed I heard there is problems with it?[/QUOTE]

Sigh,

[quote name='reddjoey']Castle Crashers is way longer than TMNT: TiT. I'd say 6-8 hours before replay kicks in.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='carpwrist']Regardless, it's still a really well done version of BF1942. It's easily the best FPS in the console online marketplace.[/QUOTE]

yeah its a great game but when it came out we all thought and I think even DICE hinted at future downloadable maps but after Coral Sea was unlocked in an interview DICE said there be nothing else since they were too busy with BFBC2 and BF3. Was a fun game that could have been one of the best FPS of this generation if DICE had supported the game not to mention the first week or so it was unplayable because of the lack of servers

Still too much to pay for a BC2 Beta imo.

Still, nice to see them put out a decent deal two days in a row

I bought it at launch great game very easy to pick up and play yet still leaving some wiggle room to master. Even though it's only 3 maps it never really got old. I think I had about 30 hours logged before MW2 released haven't played since but now I wanna get back in with all the half price noobs lol!

It your not sure it's for you try the demo, it's a (30 minute ???) online playable demo.

Outstanding deal. I probably put about 20-30 hours into it before getting bored with the 3 (4 if you like Coral Sea) maps. Not bad at all for < $10, and I paid $15 for it.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Is there a better option than buying points (for CC) at xbox.com? I only have a 100 points from a contest and I don't really have any plans on buying anything else anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

If I have to pay full price for points. I always buy 1600 points codes through Amazon. It's $19.99 and tax free, code delivery is instant. Not too bad considering you have to pay tax through your Xbox or through Xbox.com.

Man, XBOX Live wants my money soooo bad.....First Marvel VS Capcom 2, then UNO Rush, followed by Shadow Complex, along with Castle Crashers, now it wants me to get Battlefield 1943.....600mp is tempting....I just got so much on my plate...is it really worth playing or nah?

I don't remember ever paying tax on a points purchase through my xbox. Pretty sure I was never charged tax in CA, NV or now in AZ. You guys have been getting charged tax??

[quote name='icarusmight']I don't remember ever paying tax on a points purchase through my xbox. Pretty sure I was never charged tax in CA, NV or now in AZ. You guys have been getting charged tax??[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

No tax for me in CA.

Couldn't pass up Castle Crashers at this price, bought it this morning.

I went out and bought a 360 tonight so I could play it.

Wait, I think I did that backwards...

[quote name='limelight022']Good thing i jumped on on CAG, i was 50 min away from losing the castle crashers deal.[/QUOTE]

Actually pretty sure you are hours and hours away, but it doesn't matter because you got it.

bread's done
Back