Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

Id only use cloud saving if i could back up a save i already have, like my Gears 3 beta save. Otherwise what is the point, unless you have a 4gb xbox.

[quote name='GenPirate']That happens when the disc is not loaded/seated properly or if someone bumped into the Xbox. I always make sure discs are fully seated in the appropriate position before I close the disc tray.

I am by no means blaming your wife but it sounds fishy.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know it does. And I have had experience with accidentally having the console bumped or one of the kids changing the position of the xbox and scratching the disc that way too. I am fairly sure that is what it was because I couldn't recreate it either.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Which is why I said that I wanted more sorting options or customization options if they're not interested in offering it themselves. It was the same way before on the previous dash, so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get fixed.[/QUOTE]

...previous dash had "Full Games" sorting option...this preview does not. Am I missing something regarding what you are trying to say?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Id only use cloud saving if i could back up a save i already have, like my Gears 3 beta save. Otherwise what is the point, unless you have a 4gb xbox.[/QUOTE]

Just a little bit of info, cloud storage occupies space on your xbox (not just server side), so for your perspective its even more pointless. :D

[quote name='The 7th Number']Id only use cloud saving if i could back up a save i already have, like my Gears 3 beta save. Otherwise what is the point, unless you have a 4gb xbox.[/QUOTE]

Problem is even then you only get 500mb of space. I really hope MS increases the storage space to 5gb or something. Quite a few saves on my Xbox are larger than 500mb lol.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I havent gotten the update yet, but MS connect says im in. -_-[/QUOTE]

Same here. I guess it could be regional and/or criteria-specific timed rollouts. Either that or it's just fucked up and I'm not actually in.

Did you get the 25-digit code, download the app and register through your console? If you haven't, you know where it all went wrong.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Not complete the same situation. But my wife put in Civilization Rev to play while I was at work the same day as I updated the console. It played for around 4 minutes then, I guess she heard the disc start rattling around in the xbox and what she describes as a grinding noise. She then shut down the console and couldn't open the tray. I guess after a number of tries got it opened and the disc has a nice ring etched around it.

Showed it to me when I got home and told me "my" xbox ruined her favorite game. I was nervous and did not want to ruin another game decided to throw my beta reach copy from the last update in the drive to see what happens and it loaded up just fine. A little more reading the disc noises than I remembered though. Haven't really played anything since. Can't say it was or was not the update, possibly just a mere coincidence.[/QUOTE]

I feel for you. My daughter had been playing some kinetic games and I went to play mw3. As I was starting a game I realized that the kinect mic was still on. I went to pull the kinect cord out and must of have bumped the drive. Crunch crunch. Disc with rings. Maybe I can blame it on the updat :)

[quote name='kklems']I feel for you. My daughter had been playing some kinetic games and I went to play mw3. As I was starting a game I realized that the kinect mic was still on. I went to pull the kinect cord out and must of have bumped the drive. Crunch crunch. Disc with rings. Maybe I can blame it on the updat :)[/QUOTE]

guide-chat-turn off kinect mic

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...previous dash had "Full Games" sorting option...this preview does not. Am I missing something regarding what you are trying to say?[/QUOTE]
That them mixing XBLA games and demos was around before now, which is what I thought you were talking about unless you're talking about something else altogether.

[quote name='kklems']I feel for you. My daughter had been playing some kinetic games and I went to play mw3. As I was starting a game I realized that the kinect mic was still on. I went to pull the kinect cord out and must of have bumped the drive. Crunch crunch. Disc with rings. Maybe I can blame it on the updat :)[/QUOTE]

I agree you should blame the update:cool:. I actually have forgotten to turn off the Kinect Mic, from time to time. Then I get all those annoying people trying to talk to me and I am getting killed left and right, as I pause and try to turn the mic back off.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I agree you should blame the update:cool:. I actually have forgotten to turn off the Kinect Mic, from time to time. Then I get all those annoying people trying to talk to me and I am getting killed left and right, as I pause and try to turn the mic back off.[/QUOTE]

I've turned off the Kinect mic for chat and, in some games, it still says you have a microphone plugged in. I discovered this one night when some annoying kid kept trying to talk to me during a game and I saw that my mic icon was showing as on.

[quote name='theredworm']guide-chat-turn off kinect mic[/QUOTE]

Tried that but the output for other mics were still coming though stereo. Unplugged the kinect and it worked though the headset. I usually turn off the kinect from the dash but I was already joining a game. Should have just backed out once the game started and went to the dash.

Here's something I'm sure no one cares about....

When playing music from the Xbox guide, originally leaving the track selection on "shuffle" mode was the reverse. It would shuffle if you set it to non-shuffle and would play an album straight through if you had playback set to shuffle.

The last update a year ago or two years ago or whenever it was, finally fixed this problem. Albums would play correctly if playback was not on shuffle and the other way around.

After this update it has gone BACK to the original wrong playback function.

Like I said, most people won't care and it's not a big deal, more of an annoyance than anything.

So with the rumors of the new Xbox coming next fall, it kinda makes me think they're using this beta program for that, right?

[quote name='KingBroly']Did you get the 25-digit code, download the app and register through your console? If you haven't, you know where it all went wrong.[/QUOTE]

I typed in the code on the Xbox.com site, didn't have access to the XBox at that moment. However, when I went home and turned on the XBox it did notify me that the app was downloaded to my console. So whatever I need is on there, it's just not giving me the update.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I typed in the code on the Xbox.com site, didn't have access to the XBox at that moment. However, when I went home and turned on the XBox it did notify me that the app was downloaded to my console. So whatever I need is on there, it's just not giving me the update.[/QUOTE]

You need to run that app not just download it.

Odd. As far as I know, I missed the deadline for registration, but I just received this email tonight:
You are in theXbox LIVE Update Fall 2011 Public Preview Program and according to our records you haven’t yet completed the console registration process. We’ve released the latest dashboard update to this “select” audience so if you haven’t completed all the steps to get your console added, you’re missing out. But don’t worry, there’s still time to getengaged today – don’t delay, it’s simple to log into the Connect Portal and look for the detailed information under the Announcements section on the Home page:Starting 11/1 - Console Registrationshttp://connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate
Looking forward to your feedback!!!

The thing that's throwing me is the bad formatting, but the URL link is legit.

I went to Connect and logged in, but there is no info about the Fall Preview. :/

[quote name='sp00ge']Odd. As far as I know, I missed the deadline for registration, but I just received this email tonight:

I went to Connect and logged in, but there is no info about the Fall Preview. :/[/QUOTE]

I literally just went through this myself lol. Damn xbox for making me think I got in on the preview. Least they could do after letting my account get hijacked by FIFA fans lol.

[quote name='sp00ge']Odd. As far as I know, I missed the deadline for registration, but I just received this email tonight:

I went to Connect and logged in, but there is no info about the Fall Preview. :/[/QUOTE]

I got the same exact thing, weird.

What's driving me bonkers is it seems like Kinect mistakes something as me waving and wanting to control ESPN or Netflix and then I see the little hand icon jumping all over the place, then it goes away and later it happens again. I can be siting still and it can happen. I'm not sure if this is related to the update or not, though.

Just got an update. Check the apps section to see what they added. Really cool that it has a something free, might have friends over for it.

[quote name='reddjoey']Just got an update. Check the apps section to see what they added. Really cool that it has a something free, might have friends over for it.[/QUOTE]
Not sure with the recent management disregard of their fans that this group is an app I would pay for.

It happened to me and I was able to get a beta code yesterday. Just got the update. I like it, kinda somewhat reminds me off the ps3 set up, also where is the ufc app. I dont see it

spooge did you try the link on your email, thats what I did

[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']It happened to me and I was able to get a beta code yesterday. Just got the update. I like it, kinda somewhat reminds me off the ps3 set up, also where is the ufc app. I dont see it

spooge did you try the link on your email, thats what I did[/QUOTE]

Yep, and I got nothing. :(

[quote name='sp00ge']Yep, and I got nothing. :([/QUOTE]

On the link you should of got prrompted to get a beta key. Well hopefully you try again and it works for you

Not trying to be dumb here are you signed to connect and also it should be to the left and you press product key

Are we getting anything like the last beta testers got?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']On the link you should of got prrompted to get a beta key. Well hopefully you try again and it works for you

Not trying to be dumb here are you signed to connect and also it should be to the left and you press product key

Are we getting anything like the last beta testers got?[/QUOTE]

Most dashboard betas don't get anything.

I think people who did the Kinect Dashboard Beta got a Kinect, but that's it.

Like I said before, I think this is, in reality, testing out the next Xbox's Dashboard.

[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']On the link you should of got prrompted to get a beta key. Well hopefully you try again and it works for you

Are we getting anything like the last beta testers got?[/QUOTE]

ufc 139 seems to fit the bill.

Ugh...Not a fan of sports, especially something like UFC...Will def pass on downloading that app. Hope that isn't the only free thing we get this time around...

[quote name='praxus07']Ugh...Not a fan of sports, especially something like UFC...Will def pass on downloading that app. Hope that isn't the only free thing we get this time around...[/QUOTE]

WWWhaatt?!? when did a little hand to hand combat ever hurt anyone?

[quote name='KingBroly']I think people who did the Kinect Dashboard Beta got a Kinect, but that's it.

Like I said before, I think this is, in reality, testing out the next Xbox's Dashboard.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong in the fact that the Xbox 360, I feel, will be a system that thrives for the next 4 years, even with the 720 coming. The PS2 is evidence this can happen.

It's not as if this system is dead once the new system comes out. Whether or not both systems have the same dash (I somehow doubt that) remains to be seen.

[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']WWWhaatt?!? when did a little hand to hand combat ever hurt anyone?[/QUOTE]

The combatants?

bread's done
Back