XBox Live Marketplace Black Friday discounts (must be Gold XBL member)

KaneRobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Courtesy of Major Nelson's site:

If you live in the US, you know that the day after Thanksgiving is (for better or worse) called Black Friday. Along with many of your favorite stores, the Xbox LIVE Marketplace is also having a Black Friday sales event…and we’re actually stretching it through the weekend. Starting this Friday Gold Members located in the US can save on select Marketplace Offers. Here is the complete list of items, including the discount and savings in MS Points:

Name / Original Price / Black Friday Price

Arcade titles:

Rez HD 800 | 500
Arkadian Warriors 800 | 500
Assault Heroes 400 | 250
Catan 800 | 500
Brain Challenge 800 | 500
Boogie Bunnies 800 | 500
Golf: Tee It Up! 800 | 500

DLC:

GH3 Metallica “Death Magnetic” Full Album 1440 | 1000
Forza – March Car Pack 400 | 250
Crackdown – Getting Busy Bonus Pack 800 | 500
Rock Band All That Remains Pack 01 440 | 290
Lips – The Remedy (Jason Mraz) 160 | 100

Themes:

Gears of War 2 – Last Day 250 | 180
Sonic Unleashed 250 | 180
Castle Crashers Premium Theme 250 | 180

The sale starts Friday morning and will run through Sunday evening. These special prices will be available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members in the US only. The new prices will be updated on Friday morning when the sale kicks in.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/11/26/xbox-live-marketplace-black-friday-sale.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lint21']Got Rez, Catan, and Assault Heroes.

FWIW, I bought Catan with no demo and not much knowledge of what it was beforehand. It has absolutely consumed me for over 8 hours today. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

Consume. Ticket to Ride and Kingdom for Keflings do the same thing--- fair warning.

I originally bought Catan because a friend was so excited it was coming... then he played me ONCE in it (jerk) and I still play every now and then... nearly 2 years later.

What a great sale. MSFT should have these more often, especially if they have good games in it like they had this time.

I picked up Catan, Rez, and the Crackdown DLC and split it with a friend using Shipwreck's method. I'm very happy to hear that Catan has people playing its multiplayer still. I love Carcassonne, but I have a hard time finding people online (making it difficult for me to keep working on the achievements).

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Can't recommend Catan enough. Even after being out for 2 years, the game still ALWAYS has games online. TONS of games.[/quote]

I really like the AI in this one. Much more sophisticated than the Java version of Settlers. Lots of online games is more icing on the cake.

Looks like the one month trial with Shadowrun PC worked perfectly. Got myself Catan, Rez HD and Assault Heroes. I might get another points card so I can get Boogie Bunnies, since the demo looks cute and amusing. I wish they would have sales more often. Like a sale of the week or something.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']All sales are always final. Which is why they warn people about downloading the same song twice (as an individual song and as a package of songs) for Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

I did notice that now in RB2, if you bought the album, the individual songs also say "purchased", which I really like. Not sure if it's the same for packs.
I have month coupon from my latest repair, I'll probably use it tonight and go ahead and pick up Rez. Not sure about anything else--is Arkadian Warriors decent enough for 500 points for couch co-op play? (I want to activate my free month of Netflix too, to check that out.)

[quote name='dtcarson']I did notice that now in RB2, if you bought the album, the individual songs also say "purchased", which I really like. Not sure if it's the same for packs.
I have month coupon from my latest repair, I'll probably use it tonight and go ahead and pick up Rez. Not sure about anything else--is Arkadian Warriors decent enough for 500 points for couch co-op play? (I want to activate my free month of Netflix too, to check that out.)[/QUOTE]

It's not the same for packs, which kind of stinks. Now I understand the disclaimer. Make sure you know what packs you've bought and what songs they include, or you could easily re-buy the same individual song.

When is this "sale" over? I won't be home until later tonight. It says it ends "this evening".

I saw this is only for the US too? Wow... really? Sorry rest of the world, I guess it wouldn't be M$ if they did allow the whole world.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]I picked up the Golf game and spent some time with it last night. It's kind of a poor man's Hot Shots Golf. No where near as good but definitely worth the 6 bucks. I think the DLC added desert course is also on sale (it is 320 points). I got it as well and fuck is it crazy hard. They went against having normal type course and just went nuts with outlandish holes which is pretty cool and very challenging.

I tried the demos of the others ones on sale. already had the Crackdown DLC from way back and have yet to even really use it.

Don't care about Catan. Played the Rez demo once again and still don't give a shit about that game. I just don't get the hype. Not even worth the 6 bucks to me.

Even though Assault Warriors is ultra cheap...I just can't pull the trigger. Don't really want it taking up space on my HD. I might give it another try on the demo before it goes away, but right now....
shrug.gif

I am a little on the fence about the neat little hack 'n slash Arkadian Warriors. It looks like it could be a fun little co-op game but no one on my friends list has it. Anyone here have it and what do you think of it?

Oh yeah...and I did suck it up and got the Brain Challenge game. I had played the demo before but just didn't feel like it was worth the 10 bucks. I've been missing my DS lately so I nabbed it.
[/FONT]

Microsoft, FIX the damn XBL ARGH!!!!

It's Embrassing people each pay $50/year and you still CAN'T get your **** straight!!! :bomb::bomb::bomb:

I just did the test connection, it fails at the XBL part (no suprise).

So I click more info & both suggestions say it's on my end, not that XBL is FUBAR'ed, LOL.

Back on topic: I thought Assault Hero's was a bargain at 250 MS points, bought it on Fri.

WHY do we continue to pay $50/Year?

MS makes most of PROFIT of ALL stores/companies , I swear!

These games/addons/themes deals aren't that great anyway, then you have the XBL down!!!

I haven't had any issues today. Just turned off console and got back in no problem. Luckily I had gotten the games yesterday so I'm good even if Live does have a hickup later on or something.

[quote name='SuperJedi']WHY do we continue to pay $50/Year?

MS makes most of PROFIT of ALL stores/companies , I swear!

These games/addons/themes deals aren't that great anyway, then you have the XBL down!!![/QUOTE]

i'm having issues with downloads from psn as well.

[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy']The question should be why do you continue to pay $50/year?[/quote]

Only reason is I got in some deals from the Starter kits.

In the future though, there is NO way I'll pay FULL $50 once I am out of the cards from the Starter kits.

I find it amusing how it took them this long to lower the price on any crackdown DLC, and even more funny that it isn't permanent probably.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Only reason is I got in some deals from the Starter kits.

In the future though, there is NO way I'll pay FULL $50 once I am out of the cards from the Starter kits.[/quote]

you can get one online for like 38, and at 13 months per card that's like 3 dollars a month.

Never heard of it, but my friend recommended Catan so I bought it for 500 pts. Extremely addicting game, as much fun as any other game I've played recently. It's even had me cast aside Dead Space (for now) that I bought on the same day.

The sale ends at 6:00pm PST today (Monday), so get them while you can if you want them.

I got Rez, Assault Heroes, Catan, Arkadian Warriors, and Golf: Tee It Up.

If anyone cares to play online for those games, send me a message on Xbox Live. People on Golf TIU quit out like crazy online! Lame.

God, Rez is awesome. I never played it on PS2. I bought Catan and tried playing it late one night and it seemed really complicated, but I'm thinking that was because I was tired. Is it really complicated or is it easy to get the hang of?

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']God, Rez is awesome. I never played it on PS2. I bought Catan and tried playing it late one night and it seemed really complicated, but I'm thinking that was because I was tired. Is it really complicated or is it easy to get the hang of?[/quote]

It takes a game or two to get the hang of it. I think it is harder to learn online than it is in person. Frankly, it is my favorite board game. Check out the BoardGameGeek website for more info on it.

[quote name='marcand']It takes a game or two to get the hang of it. I think it is harder to learn online than it is in person. Frankly, it is my favorite board game. Check out the BoardGameGeek website for more info on it.[/quote]
Thanks, I'll do that.

I bought Rez HD, Assault Heroes and Castle Crasher Theme

Either I suck or Rez is a pretty hard game, I cant even pass the 1st boss, but i am able to beat him on the trail, where this game really shines is the Surround sound

Assault Heroes is pretty good too, for $3.25 its hard to pass up

also just letting everyone know that the DEALS ARE STILL LIVE as of right now(so much for deals good til Sunday evening)

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I bought Rez HD, Assault Heroes and Castle Crasher Theme

Either I suck or Rez is a pretty hard game, I cant even pass the 1st boss, but i am able to beat him on the trail, where this game really shines is the Surround sound

Assault Heroes is pretty good too, for $3.25 its hard to pass up

also just letting everyone know that the DEALS ARE STILL LIVE as of right now(so much for deals good til Sunday evening)[/quote]

Really? I thought Rez was pretty easy but regardless it's a damn good deal for 500 pts.

Well, they were on sale for three full days and most of a fourth.

I've only played Rez a couple times, but the second boss keeps beating me.
I already had Assault Heroes from before the first price drop. There's a lot of game in that one.

bread's done
Back