Xbox Live Marketplace | Forecast, Discussion, Links | Updated 11.2

Well I did put this in the OP.

[quote name='reddjoey']Some of you may have noticed a lack of updates on this post. Since Xbox.com was redesigned, the RSS feed I monitored for changes has become a complete waste of time. I have to hunt and peck around the buggy Xbox.com to find what is new, so I am missing lots of things. I have emailed MS asking if they intended to fix it. Until they do, please bear with me as I try and get as much here as I humanly can in what little spare time I have[/QUOTE]

And then this post a bit later as the RSS never came back to its former glory.

[quote name='reddjoey']Well guys, I have put off putting up this post to see if I could change my mind, but I don't think it's going to happen. I have decided that I can't continue running this thread. With school, my personal life (family stuff, new dog), I just can't keep up.

When I started it was easy to find what came out with a New-Content feed from Xbox.com and I could just basically copy, paste, edit, copy paste, edit, format, and update. I could check that against other sites and be happy I got almost everything. It took maybe an hour to and hour half to update and and 45 minutes to look through the news blogs for upcoming info (which I was doing anyway) - 2-3 hours a day doing something "productive" with all the time I waste on CAG and Joystiq/Kotaku/Ars/Shack/etc. I know it sounds dumb, but I had fun keeping this updated. - Then MS updated Xbox.com and changed the way they posted content to Xbox.com and broke the New-Content feed I was using. I emailed and tweeted MS. Not much has happened since then to fix the problem. Now a feed that had 20-50 items a day (sometimes 100+ on big Avatar days) was 100-150 items of repeat items, with 5-10 actual new items. So I had to then go to Xbox.com which only lists the last 10-15 items in each category, then check through the Xbox360 to see if I missed anything, then hunt down any items on Xbox.com. This was way more time consuming and even less accurate at best.

I will still run the Xbox-DotW thread as that is far less labor-intensive. Let me say thanks to all the CAGS who followed this thread and even PM'd me with appreciation. It really meant something to know it was appreciated. In fact, that's what made it so hard to just leave this thread. If anyone wants to take over, I will gladly give you tips, links, or whatever advice you need so you can carry the thread on.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the RSS feed from Xbox.com and the Halo: Reach - Defiant Map Pack still hasn't hit the feed. This means it's still hard to guarantee that you are posting a large percentage if big items like that are missing. One could cross-reference the dashboard, xbox.com, and the RSS feed, but that is very labor intensive. Before you could code a tool to scrape the RSS and to post what's new. Now that functionality seems impossible. As further evidence that this type of thing isn't being done" Xboxindex.com (a site similar to this thread) shutdown, and MajorNelson's blog no longer tracks the marketplace feed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this is right forum so correct me if I'm wrong-

Does anyone know of a place where I can find the schedule for programming that will be available on ESPN 360 for XBL? If there isn't one, is there some sort of "behind the scenes" way of figuring out that information? Just curious....

[quote name='jughead']I'm not sure if this is right forum so correct me if I'm wrong-

Does anyone know of a place where I can find the schedule for programming that will be available on ESPN 360 for XBL? If there isn't one, is there some sort of "behind the scenes" way of figuring out that information? Just curious....[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/espn3/index

[quote name='Stimes']Does anyone know when pending Microsoft points from xbl rewards usually get added to your account? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

No later than the 15th of each month.

Check your live rewards. I've gotten mine back already, but in order to "cash out", you need a minimum of 100 pending points (which are distributed around the 15th of each month).

Of course, if you aren't a live rewards member, then you don't get the 5% back.

Does anybody else have a problem with Zune or is it just me? Sometimes it downloads the app over and over, or when I do see Zune downloaded, I go to play and it just hangs on Launching Zune Marketplace.

[quote name='JStryke']Check your live rewards. I've gotten mine back already, but in order to "cash out", you need a minimum of 100 pending points (which are distributed around the 15th of each month).

Of course, if you aren't a live rewards member, then you don't get the 5% back.[/QUOTE]

I'm a rewards member and my Gold lasted until the 11th of this month, but I never saw any points coming back my way.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I decided to buy the MGS HD Collection since its 5 bucks cheaper on Xbox Live[/QUOTE]

But doesn't include Peace Walker, that $24.99 thing in XBL is disc 1 only!

[quote name='benjamouth']But doesn't include Peace Walker, that $24.99 thing in XBL is disc 1 only![/QUOTE]

Its not on the PSN either. MGS2 and MGS3 are $15 each on the PSN. I want Peace Walker for the PS3 whenever they decide to put that on the PSN.

bread's done
Back