Xbox Live October Thank You Gift (buy 2400 of content, receive 800 pts)

INTVGene

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Title pretty much says it all... buy 2400 points of content (games, DLC, etc.) and receive 800 back.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2010/0930-thankyougift.htm

I was about to buy the disc of Plants vs Zombies, but this may change my decision.

Details:
"Purchase at least 2400 Microsoft Points worth of Xbox LIVE Arcade and/or Game add-on content between 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) October 1 and 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2010 and receive 800 Microsoft Points added automatically to your membership. Limit one gift per person. The free points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010."

I never got those points from the EA thing they did months ago. I don't know if I trust them to follow through on this one.

I just bought the ME2 DLC (Shadow Broker one) -_-

PS: Not worth having to add all those points to my account. Now I have extra points and the gameplay only lasted 2 hours tops. Neat little mini story arc, but very short lived.

Not to get off topic but when were they going to send out points for the summer of arcadiea? If I get them soon I will use them and I'm sure by the end of the month I will get more points and spend them on stuff.

[quote name='Slintaii']I bought PvsZ and Limbo last week... dammit. :([/QUOTE]

I was just eyeing those two so I'm glad I waited. It must hurt a little for those people that loaded up on Summer of Arcade games they didn't really want for that small discount.

So I already have about 1200 points on my account. Could I (in theory) just buy 1200 more, spend them all, and get the 800 points? Or do all 2400 points have to be added at once?

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 comes out this month, and I still haven't bought Limbo, so using 2400 points shouldn't be an issue for me.

[quote name='DMPugh']So I already have about 1200 points on my account. Could I (in theory) just buy 1200 more, spend them all, and get the 800 points? Or do all 2400 points have to be added at once?[/QUOTE]

I imagine so. On the xbox page it says you need to spend the points in that time rather than purchase the points.

Where can you buy cheap(er) XBL points? I always feel cheated when I buy them through the xbox... the US/Canada conversion doesn't seem right at all.

[quote name='dave17']Where can you buy cheap(er) XBL points? I always feel cheated when I buy them through the xbox... the US/Canada conversion doesn't seem right at all.[/QUOTE]

you just have to watch the flyers weekly.

There was actually a huge sale a few weeks ago for Labour Day through BB and FS. BB actually screwed up and was giving 30% off all point cards. I loaded up on them at the time and currently have roughly 12k points sitting in my XBL account...now to just decide what to buy

I'm now leaning towards either:
a) Dead Rising: Case Zero (400), Risk Factions (800), Limbo (1200) = 2400
or b) DR: CZ (400), RF (800), Plants vs Zombies (1200) = 2400

decisions suck...

limbo is great, but SOOOOOOOO SO SO SO short for its pricetag. yes, its great, worth the playthrough, but at 1200, i feel its just too steep. i went through limbo once, got all the sluggy things. only thing left to do is run through with two lives, which i am saving til its not so fresh in my mind. just some food for thought, thinking p vs z will go a bit farther for the buck.

I'm surprised that nobody, nobody, nobody has mentioned Super Meat Boy! Comes out on the 20th for 1200 MS points--that's halfway there. =D

Why do I always buy dlc right away? I always end up getting kicked in the balls because of it since if i'd waited a little longer I'd get a better deal of out it (sigh)

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Why do I always buy dlc right away? I always end up getting kicked in the balls because of it since if i'd waited a little longer I'd get a better deal of out it (sigh)[/QUOTE]

If you were a real CAG you'd never buy it at release ;)

If I spend 4800, do I get 1600 back? Been holding off buying much all summer, and this would convince me to pull the trigger on much of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
murphyspug, I think it is only a one shot deal. So once per person.

There have also been reports that this deal won't work in combination with 'other deals' as stated on the deals website, can anyone confirm that this does indeed include deals of the week? Toy Soldiers looks pretty tempting!

EDIT: Here's what Jouvert over at RFD has to say about sales not working with this promo.

[quote name='Jouvert ']Okay gang, over on the US XboxSupport's twitter, they say ANYTHING under XBLA games and add-ons count towards the October "Spend 2400 MSP get back 800 MSP" promo, including the Deal of the Week and the Sequel Sale items. If you're on twitter you can ask them directly and get back the above response.

So on one hand we've got the European Xbox team saying it doesn't while the US team says it does. Anyway, proceed with caution.
[/QUOTE]

sorta off-topic but I just realized today that there's some new DLC for Defense Grid (XBLA). 4 different map packs for 80MS points each. It is (in my opinion) the best tower defense game on the 360 so if anyone enjoyed it and didn't know it had DLC go check it out :)

When I get some points, I need to get Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue and possibly some more RB DLC

I got mine today! Kinda surprised because I spent 1400 points the night of September 30th and the promo got announced the next day and I was disappointed I just missed out. I spent another 1400 points later in the month but didn't think I'd get the 800MS points.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Everything I bough was on sale.[/QUOTE]

Damn, then I have no idea why I didn't get my 800 pts back... :whistle2:|
All I bought was ME2 DLC and RB DLC (not export codes, actual song packs), so I figured everything would be fine.

xbox.com has your download history add up what you downloaded and dates to confirm the 2400 points then call them. They'll probably say wait a few days though...

Remember, the promo originally said that the points would be added around November 30th. I haven't got mine yet, but I'm sure they'll show up eventually. It's good to hear that people are starting to receive them, all the same.

I'm getting a little concerned. I bought 2400 points worth of stuff on the 30th of October, but xbox.com is listing my purchase date as the 1st of November on all of them :eek:

edit: Weird, the games are listed as being purchased on the 1st of November in my download history, but the 31st of October in my billing history.

[quote name='Opopanax']Pretty sure I got mine, but my memory's awful[/QUOTE]

ha you're like me...even if they did already add them I wouldn't even know as I don't know how many MS points I had prior to it...oh well :lol:

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']For those that have gotten it, did you get an e-mail or did it just show up in your account?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Just checked my points and there they are. Never received an email, so I guess M$ just decided to say, "Voila!"

BTW, the fine print originally said that we would receive the 800msp on/before 11/30.

bread's done
Back