Xbox Live Rewards Gamer IQ Contest [MS Points Prizes]

[quote name='HYDFDEMON']Answers for 3/6/2011:

Soap
Benjamin Carmine
Sera[/QUOTE]

Thanks. 39/40 (next time I'll do this in separate visible windows and not switch tabs), not an instant winner.

[quote name='MusashiX4']Are all of these questions seriously going to be only for Halo, Gears of War, and Call of Duty?

Way to have a variety Microsoft.....[/QUOTE]
You did see the big glaring GoW/CoD/Halo logos plastered all over the quiz before you took it right?

[quote name='Ryu-X']You did see the big glaring GoW/CoD/Halo logos plastered all over the quiz before you took it right?[/QUOTE]

That's not my point, they could have used SEVERAL other games to make this trivia game a little more interesting, not to mention something that's...I don't know, not a shooter.

not sure if it's mentioned, but I think the scoring system may be time based, because I did it without a real mouse, and got 36/40 with all correct answers. my husband did it fast and got 40/40

I clicked on the link and received a screen saying that I had already played today, even though I haven't. :( Boo.

[quote name='Blade']I clicked on the link and received a screen saying that I had already played today, even though I haven't. :( Boo.[/QUOTE]

@Blade:
[quote name='Brownjohn']That happened to me to. I think there's a 24 hour timer in between play attempts, because I tried yesterday around this time, and it said I had played already, but when I was at home, around 7pm, I tried again, and it let me.[/QUOTE]

So try again later, that might be the case.

[quote name='slickcaggamer']Answers for 3/7:

Prestige Mode is offered
Rtas 'Vadumee
Grunts
Covenant[/QUOTE]

THANKS!!!!

no instant winner for me though.

[quote name='slickcaggamer']Answers for 3/7:

Prestige Mode is offered
Rtas 'Vadumee
Grunts
Covenant[/QUOTE]

Thanks. My first 40/40 day, 178 points overall, not an instant winner.

[quote name='Lawl Pwned']Anyone have the answers for the 8th?[/QUOTE]

Same as the 7th. At least it was for me. Somebody forgot to change the questions.

TY for the answers . . . Didn't win anything.
We are a lot here and no one still win anything . . . hmmmmm

I love how any time people don't win, they immediately cry foul. With the answers being the same for everybody everyday, there's tons of people lurking the web for answers. More and more as the contest goes on. The CAG Forum regulars are not the only people playing this contest. By a long shot.

MS is not going to risk the penalties involved with a fradulent contest, especially if it were as easy to detect the fraud as people are claiming.

I've been doing it even before I saw it posted here (got an email first) and haven't won anything, but this is just like their christmas promo...can't remember hearing about a winner in that one either.

Alright well I guess they changed the answers. I went there using the ones from yesterday like I was told and failed them all. Questions are definitely new. I'd post them but after the second question I came here to see what went wrong and now it says I completed the questions already when I really haven't. So I didn't copy questions and answers. Sorry all. Sucks because I didn't even get to have my daily chance at an instant win. Not that anyone here will ever actually win it anyhow.

out of the entire INTERNET there have only be a handful of reported "winners" and none of them have been able to substatiate their claims with any proof. this is a huge scam but theres no way to prove it. M$ does it again :applause:

Still nothing... gonna keep at it. There's nothing like the Call of Duty sweeps that Gamestop had before xmas. I netted almost a year of gold for free, PS3 and 360 COD map pack (sold on ebay for $12 each), and maybe 1k in MS points.

Answers for April 8 :

Mickey (with Dutch and Romeo at start of ODST)
Halo 3: Recon (original name of ODST)
Raven Forest (not a Gears map)
Karen Traviss (writer Gears of War 3)

[quote name='Bloomy']Answers for April 8 :

Mickey (with Dutch and Romeo at start of ODST)
Halo 3: Recon (original name of ODST)
Raven Forest (not a Gears map)
Karen Traviss (writer Gears of War 3)[/QUOTE]

thanks 40/40, no instant win.

[quote name='thegreek']Do you ya haft'a get a 40/40 to instant win??[/QUOTE]

No body can figure it out. I've had several 40/40s and no instant win.

I have been posting the answers on my blog (sdc702.blogspot .com) as well, here is what I have posted so far

Q: Who is the voice of Captain John Prince in Call of Duty?

A: Bill Murphy

Q: Which of the Gears of war Carmine brothers is the Oldest?
A: Clay

Q: How long after the detonation of the Lightmass Bomb at the end of Gears of War does Gears od War 2 take place?
A: 6 months

Q: Soap, Captain Price, Gaz, and several SAS members attempt to find a nuclear device on board a cargo ship in Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Where is the ship located?
A: Bering Sea

Q. In Call of Duty charaters can be positioned in one of the 3 stances. Which of the following is not one of them?
A. Kneeling

Q. What is the name of the war hardened soldier players assume the role of in Gears of war?
A. Marcus Fenix

Q. Other than typing ‘3ARC Unlock’, how else can map “Five” be unlocked in Call of Duty: Black Ops?
A. Beating Campaign in any mode

Q. What is the name of the red cog represnting a players heath gauge in Gears of War?
A. Crimson Omen

Q: What is the name of the abandoned Nazi prison in Call of Duty 3?
A: Stalag 23

Q: What is the name of the spiritual warrior who faught with Marcus in the Pendulum Wars in Gears of War 2?
A: Tai Kaliiso

Q: Halo 3 introduced the exceptionally large, two handed weapons that drastically limit players’ normal combat options, but offer increased firepower in return:
A: Support Weapons

Q: What does the COG stand for in Gears of War?
A: Coalition of Ordered Governments

Q: What is Call of Duty's John MacTavish's nickname?
A: Soap

Q: What is the name of the rookie soldier who joins Delta squad at the beginning of Gears of War 2, and eventually meets his demise by Riftworm mauling?
A: Benjamin Carmine

Q: There are snipers that come with ACOG scopes when a player gets __ kills in the challenges of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
A: 100

Q: What is the name of the planet troops are fighting to save in Gears of War?
A: Sera

Q: What happens in Call of Duty: Black Ops when level 50 is completed?
A: Prestige Mode is offered.

Q: What is the name of Special Ops Commander in Halo 2, known by the missing mandibles on the left side of his face?
A: Rtas 'Vadumee.

Q: What is the name of the Halo enemy force comprised of short, cowardly creatures?
A: Grunts

Q: What is the name of the alien collective engaged in combat with Noble Six in Halo: Reach?
A: Covenant

For the question about which map is NOT a part of gears of war. There was actually two that weren't. I got that question wrong because there was one that said bullet "march". Being a die hard Gears fan I was quite pissed about it because I sat and looked at both of the answers for a while and end up picking the wrong one.

[quote name='LegendaryMarvel']For the question about which map is NOT a part of gears of war. There was actually two that weren't. I got that question wrong because there was one that said bullet "march". Being a die hard Gears fan I was quite pissed about it because I sat and looked at both of the answers for a while and end up picking the wrong one.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played too much Gears 1 multiplayer (but a lot of Gears 2), so I'm not familiar with all the Gears 1 map names. I read Raven Forest too quickly, mistook it for Raven Down, and picked Old Bones rather than take the time to Google.

Q: Halo 3: ODST begins with Dutch, Romeo, and _____ discussing the Covenant ship above New Mombasa.
A: Mickey

Q: What was Halo 3: ODST formerly known as?
A: Halo 3: Recon

Q: Which of the following is NOT a Gears of War map?
A: Raven Forest.

Q: What is the name of the science fiction author responsible for writing Gears of War 3?
A: Karen Traviss

[quote name='thereefernander']I'm calling bullshit on the instant wins because I haven't seen anyone get one.[/QUOTE]

This:applause:

[quote name='Double O Slevin']Answers for Saturday 4/9:

Mickey
Halo 3: Recon
Raven Frost/Forrest(I forgot just that quickly!)
Karen Traviss[/QUOTE]

Those were the answers for 4/8 (I posted them earlier in the topic). I don't think the questions change over at midnight Eastern time.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']It does. It's a typo.[/QUOTE]
I saw that also :bomb:

so no one has been an instant winner yet?

bread's done
Back