Xbox Live Summer 2009 Update Thread - Now Live!

Microsoft should be able to find a fix for the friends list. Have "preferred friends" load first, with everyone else's avatar wait a minute or so to load one at a time.

Right now (with the preview) it loads everyone's avatar in Shadow form (kind of like how Home does it) then everyone slowly pops in. They haven't fixed the text bubble problem either (where it shows a non-friend's bubble first)

Has anyone found the Gears COG armor costume yet? I've looked all over the avatar marketplace, but can't find it. Kotaku posted a report, saying it was available.

Not that I'm sure I'd spend $4 on it.....but, I want to check it out.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']There is a way to stream to it already. I use it daily actually when Playing a game I can't stand the music for.[/QUOTE]

through the 360? how?

I made it in with the third wave. I belive it it pretty cool. I just would like to try out the twitter portion and the facebook portion of the new update.

I think the preview was good. They've added enough new features to keep me satisfied for another few weeks, when the Twitter, Facebook and Last.FM features are added.

I'm excited to see what they do with the avatar marketplace. Hopefully Affliction or Ed Hardy sign a deal to have their clothes but in, that would be badass!

Wow, there's a lot of new clothing in the avatar marketplace.

- Gears armor/clothing
- Star Wars armor/clothing
- Bioshock 2 armor/clothing
- R6/Splinter Cell suits/clothing

[quote name='Trakan']Wow, there's a lot of new clothing in the avatar marketplace.

- Gears armor/clothing
- Star Wars armor/clothing
- Bioshock 2 armor/clothing
- R6/Splinter Cell suits/clothing[/QUOTE]

But no full Bigdaddy suit, only helmets. I would buy a full suit.

Good thing I don't have that extra 200 points...or else I'd buy Marvel vs. Capcom 2 :\

I'm also kinda surprised I didn't get an update this morning (I was in the Preview Program). I thought they'd at least have one more tweak for the final update. I also greatly miss the Blue windows.

fuck! I didn't want to buy any of the avatar stuff but then I saw the lightsaber. 400 spacepoints! I want it bad but damn if that isn't overpriced as hell.

A lot of the stuff is more than i expected. Full COG suit will cost you 6.00 and a clone wars suit will cost 7.00 and thats without the 5 dollar light saber. The bioshock stuff is disappointing. Why would they have a big daddy helmet but not suit? Im still deciding if i should buy anything. LOL.

[quote name='fart_bubble']I hate myself, I bought something from the avatar marketplace[/QUOTE]

Here it comes: 'Weekly meetings for the Avatar purchasers anonymous will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday mornings. 'Cause one avatar purchase is just one too many.'

Never paid for a theme or gamer pic, and will certainly never pay for digital clothing. If it's not going to make my gaming more enjoyable, I don't need it.

[quote name='Neomic']
I'm excited to see what they do with the avatar marketplace. Hopefully Affliction or Ed Hardy sign a deal to have their clothes but in, that would be badass![/QUOTE]
No, no, no, no, and no. We don't need Xbox bros.

I can't decide if I like the "rate" option for the marketplace.

[quote name='dragonjud']Here it comes: 'Weekly meetings for the Avatar purchasers anonymous will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday mornings. 'Cause one avatar purchase is just one too many.'

Never paid for a theme or gamer pic, and will certainly never pay for digital clothing. If it's not going to make my gaming more enjoyable, I don't need it.[/QUOTE]

its the fallacy of having 2000 points on your account, you end up buying stupid shit

[quote name='dragonjud']Here it comes: 'Weekly meetings for the Avatar purchasers anonymous will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday mornings. 'Cause one avatar purchase is just one too many.'

Never paid for a theme or gamer pic, and will certainly never pay for digital clothing. If it's not going to make my gaming more enjoyable, I don't need it.[/QUOTE]

I bought some clothing cause it made my gaming more enjoyable. But that's just me. I rather spend money here then on HOME.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Any word on the unlockables from Splosion Man?[/QUOTE]

I WISH! It would be nice if they gave you something really cool for beating Hardcore mode.

Thanks.

smboy01.jpg

It's free so can't complain.

[quote name='The 7th Number']A lot of the stuff is more than i expected. Full COG suit will cost you 6.00 and a clone wars suit will cost 7.00 and thats without the 5 dollar light saber. The bioshock stuff is disappointing. Why would they have a big daddy helmet but not suit? Im still deciding if i should buy anything. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Because a big daddy comes with a big drill hand, which would make most of the emotes look very weird. Also, it may violate one of the rules about non-violent/scary stuff.

Also, my dev connections told me there are several rules that must be satisfied when including avatar stuff. There are rules limiting what type and even how much avatar stuff your game unlocks.

[quote name='spoo']I have bought a couple of themes and gamer pics but these Avatar items are going to far. $5 for a lightsaber?!?[/QUOTE]

MS is smart making all the decent looking stuff expensive since all the true nerds will buy it no matter what like the people do in PS Home.

The NXE is much slower for me after the update. The tabs take forever to load and the friends do as well.

It seems like they kept the speed fast from the update for me. But it might still be early.

But then again, firmware upgrades and their effectiveness are the biggest YMMV this generation.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They were planning on making the suit you see in the credits, but ran out of time to make it, so they just did the shirt.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!?! :cry::cry:
i wanted that suit too!

Hmm.
Did those of you who were on the beta, actually have an update today?
I've been on since the first run, and I didn't get any update today.
I'm guessing last weekends 4th update must have been the final version.

Oops, my bad. NM.
According to Major Nelson.
"Moments ago, the team released a system update (aka Dash update) to all Xbox Live members. Over the next few hours - or the next time you sign into Xbox LIVE after that - you’ll receive a prompt to accept this mandatory update. If you participated in our Preview Program, you already have the update and will not be prompted."

[quote name='Taboner']Years on XBL.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask about that. I was wondering why friends had 1'2 and 2's and I had a 4 in a circle like I was Reed Richards.

I took the plunge:

I'm still debating on the lightsaber. I'm hoping that they release the lancer but I think that weapons are against the rules...except swords it seems.

[quote name='lmz00']I'd buy the lightsaber if we were allowed to choose what color we wanted it to be.[/QUOTE]

thats one thing that I thought was going to be included in the update, the ability to chang the colors of clothing

It's there, but only certain pieces of clothing allow it. I know the one shirt that has the green ring on it allows that now. You'll just see a small square with a bunch of even smaller squares of different colors on the edge of its button when looking at your clothing options.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's there, but only certain pieces of clothing allow it. I know the one shirt that has the green ring on it allows that now. You'll just see a small square with a bunch of even smaller squares of different colors on the edge of its button when looking at your clothing options.[/QUOTE]

But, how do you know it's 'color changeable' before you buy? (not that I expect you to have an answer). I want to buy a couple things, but didn't care for the standard color, so I hesitated.

I did buy the lightsaber though. $5 well spent! Although, I don't think I'll be doing that too often!

bread's done
Back