XBox One Console - $399 (Available 6/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you count Kinect Sports there has been a drought of games on the Xbox One since Titanfall and PVZ back at the beginning of March, and if you aren't into online shooters there hasn't been anything since Peggle and Max back in December?  I always find it funny that people claim better games on the Xbox One when there are 20-30 less games on the system than the PS4.  And going forward today you had Super Time Force, but after that and into the summer... tumbleweeds..  The myth that the Xbox One has a better library needs to be crushed, just because Microsoft rushed Dead Rising, Ryse, Forza, and KI to the market doesn't make it's library beter.  And yes Dead Rising and Ryse definitely felt rushed and unpolished, and KI still isn't even a complete game, never played Forza, but I'd assume it wasn't much better based on all the patches it received.

Last edited by a moderator:
But they're going to do Halo HD remakes... and then another awesome Halo... just like Halo 4... and other awesome gears... just like Gears Judgement!

Seriously though... I wish they'd go back to trying new things like Alan Wake. I am sure I'll play the crap out of Sunset Overdrive though...

But they're going to do Halo HD remakes... and then another awesome Halo... just like Halo 4... and other awesome gears... just like Gears Judgement!

Seriously though... I wish they'd go back to trying new things like Alan Wake. I am sure I'll play the crap out of Sunset Overdrive though...
Gears of Judgement wasn't even done by Epic Games it was done by the sister developer who made Bulletstorm.

So not surprising it was a step back. I have faith in next Gears of War because tons of talent in Black Tusk Studios, much more than Epic Game's sister developer...

I'd buy an Xbox One just for a new Alan Wake. I'm totally serious, I loved the heck out of that game.

Compared to Sony which equally milks franchises? Quantum Break is something completely different and so is Sunset Overdrive.

I like how you call games like Halo 4, or Gears Judgement out. Sony has a lot of sequels that ended up worse than the original as well, with games like Uncharted 3, and particularly Socom which only got worse when Sony made it for PS3.

Compared to Sony which equally milks franchises? Quantum Break is something completely different and so is Sunset Overdrive.

I like how you call games like Halo 4, or Gears Judgement out. Sony has a lot of sequels that ended up worse than the original as well, with games like Uncharted 3, and particularly Socom which only got worse when Sony made it for PS3.
I agree with part that MS seems to be making new IP's and Phil Spencer says to expect new IP's even announced at this e3.

I know Sony has had a few new IP's too annoucned but out of the two that I seen, Order not sure and Drive Club looks like a total mess.

Sorry but your examples weren't very good especially Uncharted 3, I think God of War Ascension is more equal to Halo 4 or Gears of War Judgement. And until Quantum Break has a release date, I wouldn't hold my breath on it, wasn't Alan Wake consistently delayed for like 5 years? Sunset Overdrive looks great, but Microsoft had nothing to do with it's creation, Insomniac is the one who owns and created the IP.

I'm not trying to call you out but if you look at the Xbox family as a whole. Microsoft stopped trying to make new creative IPs early in the 360 lifetime. What you know about Blinx the Cat? Say what you want about the X1/PS4/whatever at the end of the day Sony makes more varied first party games than Microsoft.

Sorry but your examples weren't very good especially Uncharted 3, I think God of War Ascension is more equal to Halo 4 or Gears of War Judgement. And until Quantum Break has a release date, I wouldn't hold my breath on it, wasn't Alan Wake consistently delayed for like 5 years? Sunset Overdrive looks great, but Microsoft had nothing to do with it's creation, Insomniac is the one who owns and created the IP.
Which means that even though the first title isn't be a multi plat at release the sequels will if it sells well. Looks great, honestly I'm jealous!

Stop with the whole one console is better than the other garbage.  It's so ridiculous to see these sorts of arguments still going on.  Everyone wins when there are multiple players in the market.  Sony drives MS to rethink their decisions just as MS forced Sony to change how the PS4 was built when compared to the bloated, overpriced starting price of the PS3.  At the end of the day, both consoles are going to feed off each other to give us great and better games.  We should want both, and Nintendo, to find success in this market. 

I for one very much prefer the Xbox controller and enjoy Halo.  I also love Naughty Dog and look forward to the next Last of Us.  And of course, I can never get enough Zelda love. 

I am pleased MS made this move.  It probably does mean the Kinect's lifeline will be spare and dry, but it's the right move for the gamers.  Hope this helps MS close the gap with Sony, and likewise, hope this means Sony doesn't get ahead of itself thinking it has this gen in the bag.

We should want both, and Nintendo, to find success in this market.
Sorry, I want Nintendo to piss off at this point. They might as well go the route Sega did and just make games, if they still can. I loved my N64, but I've hated everything from Gamecube onward. I don't want motion controls and the lack of support for the classic controller even in things as simple as Punchout and the New SMB is sickening.

I got a vga to hdmi cable on Amazon for $6 and finally tried big picture mode.

Holy shit, I was crazy to even consider buying a new console. I'll spend that money on the Steam Summer Sale and suffocate under the weight of my backlog.

They don't deserve any praise for this, its hilarious that they were able to pull that shit for so long when literally every other media device had these apps for free since the beginning of time. What a joke.
Exactly, I never understood that. Greed and bad business practices are what eventually dooms decent companies. If you're in it for the long haul, make people love your company and products, not put up with it until they no longer need to.

Good move. I have a PS4 and want a One bcause most my friends are on One. (I have a good buddy on PS4 and My bro and cuz will def go there. If I want to play with everyone I need both.) I was thinking I would wait for a larger HDD system, but if theres a decent deal on a Kinectless one in the fall you will see me on the One by Christmas

So if MS didn't have anything to do with it then how come its coming to MS and not Sony's console? Because Sony didn't believe in them and MS did, Even Insomniac said in a interview that Sunset Overdrive happened because of MS. Plus it'll be published by MS.

So if MS didn't have anything to do with it then how come its coming to MS and not Sony's console? Because Sony didn't believe in them and MS did, Even Insomniac said in a interview that Sunset Overdrive happened because of MS. Plus it'll be published by MS.
That's fine for something completely new, but buying exclusivity for the third Dead Rising game was bullshit, and Capcom really pisses me off for doing that deal.

Actually Microsoft is funding and Publishing Sunset Overdrive so they do indeed have something to do with it's creation.

Halo is one of the best selling franchises of all times so comparing it to something like God of War is stupid, not to mention Halo 4 was probably the only real "Bad" game in the series and it wasn't even that bad. Quantum break is coming either this year or next year, you can't just say "Oh it might never come out you have to ignore it!" that doesn't make it go away.

I'm not trying to call you out but if you look at the Xbox family as a whole. Microsoft stopped trying to make new creative IPs early in the 360 lifetime. What you know about Blinx the Cat? Say what you want about the X1/PS4/whatever at the end of the day Sony makes more varied first party games than Microsoft.
Yeah Sony definitely made more IP's last gen and I'm not denying that. What I am saying is Microsoft is definitely increasing their games support with the Xbox One, and I also mentioned that while Sony makes a lot of games most of them aren't very good. (And don't sell well)

That's fine for something completely new, but buying exclusivity for the third Dead Rising game was bullshit, and Capcom really pisses me off for doing that deal.
Dead Rising 3 wouldn't have been developed if it wasn't for Microsoft. The series as whole wasn't selling very well so I imagine Microsoft heavily funded the series to get exclusive rights.

Yeah Sony definitely made more IP's last gen and I'm not denying that. What I am saying is Microsoft is definitely increasing their games support with the Xbox One, and I also mentioned that while Sony makes a lot of games most of them aren't very good. (And don't sell well)
The ps3 was a exclusive only machine for me and I have to admit I loved a lot of what I played. Games like 3d dot game heroes, Heavy Rain, and The Last of Us were pretty amazing. I just like how diverse a lot of them were. Im really happy that MS seems to be headed in that direction now as well.

Actually Microsoft is funding and Publishing Sunset Overdrive so they do indeed have something to do with it's creation.

Halo is one of the best selling franchises of all times so comparing it to something like God of War is stupid, not to mention Halo 4 was probably the only real "Bad" game in the series and it wasn't even that bad. Quantum break is coming either this year or next year, you can't just say "Oh it might never come out you have to ignore it!" that doesn't make it go away.

Publishing and funding has nothing to do with creating diverse IPs which is what the topic was. And nobody was talking about how many sales each franchise got, we were talking about the reception of sequels and the common theme between Gears Judgement, Halo 4, and GoW Ascension not only were they all the 4th mainline sequel in their series, but they all were a let down and not as well received as their predecessors, which is why I said they were more comparable than Uncharted 3 and Socom. And just as you say we can't dismiss Quantum Break from coming out, which I never said by the way, you can't chalk it up to coming out anytime soon either, especially going off Remedy's history which was what I was saying, please don't twist my words.

I've got a feeling that DR3, Titanfall and PvZ GW will be on a Sony Console sometime in the near future.

Or maybe they'll stay put like Mass Effect....  

Dead Rising 1 was a big system seller game for the 360 around it's release, don't take it so personally....exclsusives are nothing new

Publishing and funding has nothing to do with creating diverse IPs which is what the topic was. And nobody was talking about how many sales each franchise got, we were talking about the reception of sequels and the common theme between Gears Judgement, Halo 4, and GoW Ascension not only were they all the 4th mainline sequel in their series, but they all were a let down and not as well received as their predecessors, which is why I said they were more comparable than Uncharted 3 and Socom. And just as you say we can't dismiss Quantum Break from coming out, which I never said by the way, you can't chalk it up to coming out anytime soon either, especially going off Remedy's history which was what I was saying, please don't twist my words.
The topic was you saying Microsoft had nothing to do with creating Sunset Overdrive. The game wouldn't have happened if Microsoft didn't fund this and the developer even stated that fact.

Socom was entering it's 4th game on the PS3 with Socom 3 ending the series entry on the PS2.

You said Halo 4 was a let down but they game was positively received and sold really well as a result. You can say it was a let down, but if critics liked it enough to give it critical acclaim and rewards and consumers liked it enough to buy it that doesn't really add up.

I've got a feeling that DR3, Titanfall and PvZ GW will be on a Sony Console sometime in the near future.

Or maybe they'll stay put like Mass Effect....
DR3 definitely won't since it was Microsoft funded and published. PvZ GW isn't a permanent exclusive it's just a timed one and is coming to PC this Summer so it'll probably come to the PS4 down the road. It's been said several times over that a signed exclusivity deal was made for Titanfall so there's no way it'll come to the PS4 until a sequel arrives.

DR3 definitely won't since it was Microsoft funded and published. PvZ GW isn't a permanent exclusive it's just a timed one and is coming to PC this Summer so it'll probably come to the PS4 down the road. It's been said several times over that a signed exclusivity deal was made for Titanfall so there's no way it'll come to the PS4 until a sequel arrives.
I have a 360, so two of those I can play. xD

Dead Rising 3 wouldn't have been developed if it wasn't for Microsoft. The series as whole wasn't selling very well so I imagine Microsoft heavily funded the series to get exclusive rights.
I agree Microsoft is responsible for DR3 being made but in no way was the series selling poorly. it certainly isn't call of duty or GTA but it did well. Over 6.6 million copies sold in the entire series.

• Dead Rising 2 (PS3,Xbox 360,PC): 2.5 million
  • Dead Rising (Xbox 360): 1.7 million
  • The Rest (Case Zero, Off the Record): 1.2 million
  • Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One): 1.2 million

The topic was you saying Microsoft had nothing to do with creating Sunset Overdrive. The game wouldn't have happened if Microsoft didn't fund this and the developer even stated that fact.

Socom was entering it's 4th game on the PS3 with Socom 3 ending the series entry on the PS2.

You said Halo 4 was a let down but they game was positively received and sold really well as a result. You can say it was a let down, but if critics liked it enough to give it critical acclaim and rewards and consumers liked it enough to buy it that doesn't really add up.
Insomniac was shopping around Sunset Overdrive, the game would have happened whether Microsoft agreed to terms or not. And sure Halo 4 was reviewed well, slap halo on most anything and it will get automatic 8 - 10s, but if you ask the community for the most part they will agree it was the weakest in the quadrilogy, just like Judgement and Ascension.

People bought the game because it was Halo 4. I bought it at the midnight release and it was a huge disappointment. Look at the population charts in this link

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709697

Halo 4 sold well but nobody played it after a couple months which tells the story of what its actual reception was.

I agree Microsoft is responsible for DR3 being made but in no way was the series selling poorly. it certainly isn't call of duty or GTA but it did well. Over 6.6 million copies sold in the entire series.

• Dead Rising 2 (PS3,Xbox 360,PC): 2.5 million
  • Dead Rising (Xbox 360): 1.7 million
  • The Rest (Case Zero, Off the Record): 1.2 million
  • Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One): 1.2 million
The numbers look good however I believe it didn't sell nearly as well as Capcom had estimated it would which led to disappointment with them from it. Although Capcom does have overly high expectations on all of their games.

Insomniac was shopping around Sunset Overdrive, the game would have happened whether Microsoft agreed to terms or not. And sure Halo 4 was reviewed well, slap halo on most anything and it will get automatic 8 - 10s, but if you ask the community for the most part they will agree it was the weakest in the quadrilogy, just like Judgement and Ascension.
That hard to say. Insomniac stated they wanted to retain full control over the IP and that wasn't happening with Sony, now Microsoft allowed them to go ahead and keep the rights to the game but you would have to wonder if a publisher like EA or Activision would allow that. (Ha no)

People bought the game because it was Halo 4. I bought it at the midnight release and it was a huge disappointment. Look at the population charts in this link

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709697

Halo 4 sold well but nobody played it after a couple months which tells the story of what its actual reception was.
I played an enjoyed it. That chart is gathered from a party non associated with Microsoft or 343 so it is highly questionable how accurate their data is. You still have the thread of course but roughly under 100 people that said they didn't enjoy it compared to the 8 Million+ that played it is again questionable.

That hard to say. Insomniac stated they wanted to retain full control over the IP and that wasn't happening with Sony, now Microsoft allowed them to go ahead and keep the rights to the game but you would have to wonder if a publisher like EA or Activision would allow that. (Ha no)

I played an enjoyed it. That chart is gathered from a party non associated with Microsoft or 343 so it is highly questionable how accurate their data is. You still have the thread of course but roughly under 100 people that said they didn't enjoy it compared to the 8 Million+ that played it is again questionable.
I wonder if Nintendo would have?

Dead Rising 3 has actually met Capcom's forecasted sales expectations. Go look up the thread on neogaf: most of them laughed at the forecast near launch and it passed the forecast in March/April.

Also, I believe MS played a rather large role in bringing DR3 over to the X1. My guess is DR4/whatever it ends up being called will be exclusive to the X1 as well.

DR3 is a great game, arguably the best launch title on the system. It's just so much better then DR2 It's not even funny.

Sorry, I want Nintendo to piss off at this point. They might as well go the route Sega did and just make games, if they still can. I loved my N64, but I've hated everything from Gamecube onward. I don't want motion controls and the lack of support for the classic controller even in things as simple as Punchout and the New SMB is sickening.
Whatever. You could play punchout using the wand on it's side, same goes for super Mario and donkey king. As for motion control, Nintendo proved how awesome it was with two super Mario galaxy games. Ninty makes great games and to say that we're better off without them does not make any sense. Nintendo has many of the top games ever ranked on gamerankings, many of which are from the Wii era, and let's not forget the 3ds which is home to some amazing software.

Halo 4 was complete shit. They tried to copy COD too much. They perma-banned quitters in MP while people idled Spartan OPs without punishment, and they limited daily XP gains for people that actually play the damn game. I won't be pre-ordering Halo 5. I've bought every Halo on release day except Halo Wars. I even finished achievements all of them (including Halo Wars) aside from MP on Halo 2 PC and H4 DLC, since I refuse to buy DLC for such garbage MP.

Hmm..does this actually qualify as a price drop since you're actually getting less? Not that I'm complaining, the option to buy a system should have been there from the start anyway. ^ ^* 

Hmm..does this actually qualify as a price drop since you're actually getting less? Not that I'm complaining, the option to buy a system should have been there from the start anyway. ^ ^*
Nope, not a price drop. But this sets up for a $300-$350 Black Friday deal bundled with a game or something. That's what excites me.

I didn't know The Last of Us, Puppeteer and soon to be The Order 1886 just to name a few were considered milking franchises so it seems Sony is willing to take more risks with new IP's then Microsoft is.

I got a vga to hdmi cable on Amazon for $6 and finally tried big picture mode.

Holy shit, I was crazy to even consider buying a new console. I'll spend that money on the Steam Summer Sale and suffocate under the weight of my backlog.
Which vga to hdmi did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back