XBox One Console - $399 (Available 6/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people on this site insist on focusing on deals that were long dead?

"Huhhhhhh well Wii U was price errored at $99 so I need at least that and five games and a fleshlight and then maybe I'll buy"

Dead deals are dead deals. All you can hope is that it gets close to that price again.

If anybody is interested in it, seems Amazon randomly has Day One editions in stock. They're still $499 and have the Kinect, but if anybody wants the Kinect bundle anyway, not a bad one to get.

^ Day One's have been in stock for a few weeks now... they're actually in stock right now, sold by Amazon, but you have to go to the "other sellers" section to select them as the seller. 

Possible new Wii U Bundle coming out around Black Friday $199.99 or less (Possible $150) & PS4 bundle $249.99.  I must Skip XBOX 1 This generation.  it's too expensive have 3 consoles, Vita and 3DS ;)

I went back and forth on buying an XB1 when they had some major discounts with the Titanfall bundle, but ultimately talked myself out of it. However, now that I can get it for $399 I jumped on it. I bought it through Amazon and signed up for their Amazon Visa and got a $100 Amazon.com credit, which took the system down to $299 with release day (June 9) guarantee and no tax. Now I get a new console on the same day that E3 starts! Thanks Amazon!
For $50 more you could have had Titanfall and Kinect, sold the Titanfall code for $50 and Kinect for $80 to $100. $399 for the Kinectless sku isn't a deal, depending on how much Microsoft charges for the stand alone Kinect, assuming $150 like the original, you are actually paying more for less.

Had one, got rid of it. Never used the Kinect. Installing games is such a chore. And both companies act like Im a walking ATM. No thanks. $399 or $499, they are the same experience. But respect for those who have been waiting for a Kinectless X1. But at the same time, the changes Microsoft has made over the last year gives me a headache. You don't know whether they are coming or going. Hopefully, they will finally get it right, but there is too much of a gap between PS4 and X1 at this point.

This gen for me goes to the Wii U. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one, got rid of it. Never used the Kinect. Installing games is such a chore. And both companies act like Im a walking ATM. No thanks. $399 or $499, they are the same experience. But respect for those who have been waiting for a Kinectless X1. But at the same time, the changes Microsoft has made over the last year gives me a headache. You don't know whether they are coming or going. Hopefully, they will finally get it right, but there is too much of a gap between PS4 and X1 at this point.

This gen for me goes to the Wii U.
Not sure if trolling...

Just playing, to each their own. What do you mean there is too much of a gap between PS4 and X1?

I've been enjoying the features of kinect, we even busted out the old kinect sports the other day. It may not get used everyday but to anyone on the fence of whether or not to buy the "Kinectless" version I would say spend the extra $100 and get the full system. The voice recognition is accurate and you never know what cool features might be added in the future. $100 is nothing compared to what you get imo.

Playstation is one of their most profitable brands. TVs are hurting them right now.
I know people like to say this but it hasn't been true for a long time. The gaming division posted losses of $80M for the FY which is excellent compared to the rest of the company. Folks keep forgetting about the other parts of the Plastation brand which aren't doing so hot right now like the criminally underrated and under appreciated Vita.

I think I'll pick this up. I've been wanting to play Dead Rising 3 and Forza. Plus I'm one of those people who said they would buy one when thry came out with one that didn't require a Kinect.

Have an X-Box One (got it free never would have paid for it) and removing the Kinect is a smart move in my mind. That thing is a worthless piece of junk.

I know people like to say this but it hasn't been true for a long time. The gaming division posted losses of $80M for the FY which is excellent compared to the rest of the company. Folks keep forgetting about the other parts of the Plastation brand which aren't doing so hot right now like the criminally underrated and under appreciated Vita.
Yes it was a loss, however any smart person knows a console launch is very expensive! You usually don't even come close to earning a profit till almost a year after launch. However PS4 has out preformed every projection and is on the fast pace to profitability way before it was projected to. It will be making Sony money before you know it. The hardest thing for Sony has been selling the Vaio team. They are just sitting on that division losing millions each day, once they sell it off then the numbers won't look that bad. Honestly I foresee Playstation becoming the main component to Sony very soon.... While Xbox will never be that important to MS

Yes it was a loss, however any smart person knows a console launch is very expensive! You usually don't even come close to earning a profit till almost a year after launch. However PS4 has out preformed every projection and is on the fast pace to profitability way before it was projected to. It will be making Sony money before you know it. The hardest thing for Sony has been selling the Vaio team. They are just sitting on that division losing millions each day, once they sell it off then the numbers won't look that bad. Honestly I foresee Playstation becoming the main component to Sony very soon.... While Xbox will never be that important to MS
Straight from GAF

sony_game_q_2014xfjbh.png

sony_game_2014_new20wjfm.png

And the old style:
sony_game_2014glyu4.png

I think you missed my point. I wasn't bashing Sony but merely correcting a misconception "the Playstation brand is a big money maker for Sony" which the numbers show hasn't been true in a long time. Don't get me wrong the numbers are great for a launch year. Also, I agree that the Xbox brand will never be a big money maker for Microsoft but that has more to do with gaming having a pretty low ceiling (earning potential) when compared to other Microsoft divisions.

Is anyone selling or trading in their PS4 towards the kinectless Xbox One? I am on the fence, but I think I am leaning more towards keeping my PS4 since the Xbox One is struggling with putting games in true HD (1080p that is) and the PS4's hardware is slightly superior. Most people I know want the PS4, but most of my friends on next gen consoles have it as well. My best friend wants to move to the X1 for Halo 5 really. 

For $50 more you could have had Titanfall and Kinect, sold the Titanfall code for $50 and Kinect for $80 to $100. $399 for the Kinectless sku isn't a deal, depending on how much Microsoft charges for the stand alone Kinect, assuming $150 like the original, you are actually paying more for less.
I don't believe there is even a market for used Xbone Kinects. They have been mandatory up to this point. Show me where you can get $80-$100 for the kinect. The answer is no where. It actually holds no value at all.

Straight from GAF

sony_game_q_2014xfjbh.png

sony_game_2014_new20wjfm.png

And the old style:
sony_game_2014glyu4.png

I think you missed my point. I wasn't bashing Sony but merely correcting a misconception "the Playstation brand is a big money maker for Sony" which the numbers show hasn't been true in a long time. I agree that the Xbox brand will never be a big money maker for Microsoft but that has more to do with gaming having a pretty low ceiling (earning potential) when compared to other Microsoft divisions.
Wow that's really good for a launch year with the (assumed) hardware losses, advertising budgets, etc. I bet they have a profit this year. 100 yen equals about 1 dollar so this is only an 80 million dollar loss.

Wow that's really good for a launch year with the (assumed) hardware losses, advertising budgets, etc. I bet they have a profit this year. 100 yen equals about 1 dollar so this is only an 80 million dollar loss.
Agreed, if not a profit they'll at least break even.

I don't believe there is even a market for used Xbone Kinects. They have been mandatory up to this point. Show me where you can get $80-$100 for the kinect. The answer is no where. It actually holds no value at all.
ebay actually, quite a few people would sell their kinects since you didnt even need it and they would get $80-$100 for them, they just forced it on you as a bundle until now

Ohhhhhhhh boy. Well, this is what everyone wanted. Yet everyone still keeps complaining. ! I don't know what Microsoft is doing. I personally wouldn't want the system without the Kinect...it was kind of built around that >_<
Why wouldn't you?

What games on the xb1 give you an experience better than normal that is only made available using the Kinect? Do you want to buy a 400 dollar console so you can switch between a game and a tv show by putting down a controller, holding your hands in the air, making a motion, then picking the controller back up instead of simply pushing a button on the controller youre already holding? Is saying "xbox on" to turn on your system really that convenient for you vs pushing a button on your remote/tv?

The Kinect is a failed device for a second time. Microsoft is acting like its new, well it isn't new because it was on the 360 for years and in those years they couldn't manage to create one single game that was Kinect based and actually good. Hell they put Kinect support in over 100 games and the best that got aspired to is saying "throw grenade" instead of pushing a button which is faster. So if in 2 or 3 years of Kinect 1 being a total flop, why would you want to pay extra for just a slightly more powerful version of the same thing.

At the end of the day I still wont buy an xb1. Ill get one when the price drops to 200 or less and there are at least a dozen games on it I want to play but as of now there are none. I have a ps4 and that will work for all the cross platform games and I like sony exclusives generally better. But even at 400 and even without Kinect there is simply no games I want to play on it.

This does mean that they probably won't lower the price this year (much to my disappointment).
Agreed but I think they'll offer a bundle on BF. I wish they would consider releasing a PS4+Vita bundle for $500 with a free year of PS+. That could get the Vita moving in the right direction.

Going by that graph sony has made 244 billion in profit (in yen) still on the Playstation brand but made that much in 97 and 98. As much as people love the PS3, It was Sony's worst decision in terms of profit and market ownership. The PS1 and PS2 were really king.

And yeah, if they have any sense with the way the PS4  is selling they probably won't drop the price at least for three years. I'd imagine a slim revision as soon as possible though since that would help boost the bottom line.

Damn you guys for turning this into a Sony thread lol.

Going by that graph sony has made 244 billion in profit (in yen) still on the Playstation brand but made that much in 97 and 98. As much as people love the PS3, It was Sony's worst decision in terms of profit and market ownership. The PS1 and PS2 were really king.

And yeah, if they have any sense with the way the PS4 is selling they probably won't drop the price at least for three years. I'd imagine a slim revision as soon as possible though since that would help boost the bottom line.

Damn you guys for turning this into a Sony thread lol.
It's the old third console curse! Now MS is in it. Great article on IGN from Colin about what MS is doing. People are flaming him calling it a biased article and that he is being a homer. But what he says makes sense. Sony killed it with the PS1 and PS2. MS copied the PS2, while Sony went in a different direction. Now Sony is copying the great things about the Xbox 360 era, and MS tried different things. Now before the next next gen, MS had realized lets just go back to what we know and what has now been working for Sony and get back in this.

Gamers are what the main demographic of a gaming console should be, not everyone else! There are plenty of gamers out there and we all want one thing: games! Sony figured that out at the end of the PS3 and got back in the race at the end. They continued that momentum and listened to gamers. MS decided that they would try and open up the reach to other demographics, and alienated gamers that were loyal to their system. Now they are listening and coming running back to try and get back in it. Very smart move.

WTF? NewEgg has it listed, but with the open box return policy. I tried emailing them to tell them they made an error, but whoever answered was an idiot.

I am really surprised how many in this thread are still bashing MS for doing this now...when 6-7 months ago these same people were clamoring for a system without Kinect!!

Is anyone selling or trading in their PS4 towards the kinectless Xbox One? I am on the fence, but I think I am leaning more towards keeping my PS4 since the Xbox One is struggling with putting games in true HD (1080p that is) and the PS4's hardware is slightly superior. Most people I know want the PS4, but most of my friends on next gen consoles have it as well. My best friend wants to move to the X1 for Halo 5 really.
Bump

I am really surprised how many in this thread are still bashing MS for doing this now...when 6-7 months ago these same people were clamoring for a system without Kinect!!
Nothing personal; I've seen other people say the same as you, but I don't understand where you guys are coming from at all.

When the Kinect was bundled in, those who thought it was a bad idea was vocal and criticized MS for it.

Now that the Kinect is unbundled, those who think it's a bad idea are being vocal and criticizing MS for it.

First, who says these are necessarily the exact same individuals? Second, even if a few are, what's the problem with thinking bundling was a bad idea AND thinking that MS backtracking and not sticking to their guns is also a bad idea?

While I think this is a step in the right direction, I personally would've preferred a straight up price cut. Then I could've traded in my Kinect to make the overall cost even lower. That would've been a better "deal," imo. As of right now, I'm holding out for kinect-less bundle with a good game for $300-$350.

I would say, keep the PS4, save your money up a little bit at a time and by the time Halo 5 and other games come out, you can just straight up buy an X1. There is no compelling case really for either, so if you already chose one, stick with it and save for the other.

Purchased a xbox one off craigslist for $300 plus a game. What killed the experience for me was the xbox live. I know its in the early stage, so xbox live will improve in time. Sold it this morning for $400, possibly going back to ps4 its been years since I've used a ps3. 

Pros

kinect with the tv was pretty cool to use, voice commands turns everything on....wouldnt recommend as main tv use

graphics solid as usual

blu ray good

game was pretty good overall

cons

xbl experience isn't up to par yet... will hopefully be there within the year

price $499 new... would pass

tv aspect of xbox one,not 100% ready.. time warner cable line up wasn't 100% correct. 

This does mean that they probably won't lower the price this year (much to my disappointment).
There was always a 0% chance they`d do a price drop this year lol They can`t keep up with the demand for it at $400 already & they`re setting personal sales records along the way. They need to ride it as long as possible saving the 1st price drop for the right time to boost momentum & maintain the sales lead.

Sony has always been bundle heavy before price drops so you`ll certainly see some amazing bundles then the drop. Right now it`s all about games they need at least 8 mega games to be announced at E3 with releases in the next 20 months. Completely fresh strong IP`s capable of being staple PS4 titles that release 3 times on PS4

1- A strong selling shooter that can be what Resistance/MAG tried to be & what SOCOM was.
2- A sleeper shooter like Timesplitters/bulletstorm a Left 4 Dead style game would do wonders.
3- 3 more action titles that can become what UC, GOW & TLOU are if they could score a Mass Effect Trilogy out of this group epic
4- 2 strong kid friendly titles that can become PS4`s LBP/PS ASBR/Modnation but with better sales
5- 2 RPG`s that appeal to both Eastern/Western audiences

TLG & GT will do good numbers but they take so long to release.

I just checked and it says 30 days which is the normal return period
Read better. It says "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Open Box Refund Only Return Policy." Now look at the other retail Xbox Ones return policies: "Standard..." I actually got through to someone who understood the issue and they said they've sent a request to that department to fix it.

No Kinect included is a real bummer if you ask me. Now Microsoft offers nothing unique. Good job microsoft you keep coming up with worse ideas! They should just drop the Kinect version to $399.

[quote name="Indiana" post="11757488" timestamp="1400092559"]No Kinect included is a real bummer if you ask me. Now Microsoft offers nothing unique. Good job microsoft you keep coming up with worse ideas! They should just drop the Kinect version to $399.[/quote]

I don't think they need to offer anything unique. This is the perfect console to sell to those who want it be cause their friends have it. Also the majority of the people I know who are buying this are buying it for shooters like call of duty and those are the only games they buy. Since that is clearly MS's major market those gamers do not need kinect, they only need a controller and a console. This should sell a ton.

I don't think anyone is buying the xbox one expecting a huge amount of family type games to come out on it

Why wouldn't you?

What games on the xb1 give you an experience better than normal that is only made available using the Kinect? Do you want to buy a 400 dollar console so you can switch between a game and a tv show by putting down a controller, holding your hands in the air, making a motion, then picking the controller back up instead of simply pushing a button on the controller youre already holding? Is saying "xbox on" to turn on your system really that convenient for you vs pushing a button on your remote/tv?

The Kinect is a failed device for a second time. Microsoft is acting like its new, well it isn't new because it was on the 360 for years and in those years they couldn't manage to create one single game that was Kinect based and actually good. Hell they put Kinect support in over 100 games and the best that got aspired to is saying "throw grenade" instead of pushing a button which is faster. So if in 2 or 3 years of Kinect 1 being a total flop, why would you want to pay extra for just a slightly more powerful version of the same thing.

At the end of the day I still wont buy an xb1. Ill get one when the price drops to 200 or less and there are at least a dozen games on it I want to play but as of now there are none. I have a ps4 and that will work for all the cross platform games and I like sony exclusives generally better. But even at 400 and even without Kinect there is simply no games I want to play on it.
Because I use my Kinect every day. The voice features are a nice luxury to have. Sign in via face recognition is great. Screaming at my Xbox when I get home to turn on, and have everything ready to go is something I wish I could do with all of my electronics. My confusion is why you're even posting here since you've already made up your mind to not buy one. And unless you own and use the new Kinect, then your uneducated opinion is just that. Open your mind and think outside of the box for once; Kinect isn't all about games. You want only games? Go buy a PS4, but I love my all in one box and that's why I purchased a X1 before I purchase a PS4.

Respectable in that their consoles came with WiFi, Bluetooth, Blu-ray (last generation)---didn't require proprietary hard drives, special charger packs for the controllers, a subscription to access netflix (which requires a subscription), ban users for downloading free games, brick consoles, etc.
Oddly enough I just received an email from MS saying that gold is no longer required for Netflix or any other premium apps. Doesn't matter too much now though. I have not turned on my 360 in months and don't own a x1. A little too late I guess.

Because I use my Kinect every day. The voice features are a nice luxury to have. Sign in via face recognition is great. Screaming at my Xbox when I get home to turn on, and have everything ready to go is something I wish I could do with all of my electronics. My confusion is why you're even posting here since you've already made up your mind to not buy one. And unless you own and use the new Kinect, then your uneducated opinion is just that. Open your mind and think outside of the box for once; Kinect isn't all about games. You want only games? Go buy a PS4, but I love my all in one box and that's why I purchased a X1 before I purchase a PS4.
and you need to open your mind to the fact that some people have no need for Kinect and don't want anything to do with it. Voice commands? Not me. Never. Plus, they could work with a headset. How lazy can you get? Facial recognition? Not necessary. I'm the only one who uses my box. I don't need some silly camera to tell it to log in, cause I'm never logging out. Not one feature Kinect fanboys talk about interests me in the slightest. I just want to play new games with a controller. Obviously, those of us who voted with our wallets just won a big victory.

So you'd pay $150 to snap apps and turn your Xbox One on with voice command? I equate that to having a touch screen laptop. Cool I guess... but not worth paying a premium for... and outside of playing pausing youtube videos... kinda worthless.

Edit: And facial recognition is like the fingerprint reader on my laptop. Was neat to play around with for a week.... but nothing replaces the mouse and keyboard.

Kinect has had immense potential since version one came out four or so years ago. They have yet to tap that---in fact some of the coolest things I've seen a kinect do don't involve an Xbox console.

One thing I'm worried about now as someone who uses Kinect but doesn't play Kinect games is that they're going to stop working on it for the UI overall. I read an article about how they're talking with developers to tap into the power Kinect was using before for sensing voice commands/other elements and it got me wondering if future games won't allow you to use the Kinect at all for any voice commands.

One thing I'm worried about now as someone who uses Kinect but doesn't play Kinect games is that they're going to stop working on it for the UI overall. I read an article about how they're talking with developers to tap into the power Kinect was using before for sensing voice commands/other elements and it got me wondering if future games won't allow you to use the Kinect at all for any voice commands.
They probably will. Just like they currently are with the xbox 360. They'll just slap a label on the game that says "Better with Kinect".

Don't do it. I made that mistake once and switched back to PS4 a couple months later. 1 game is not worth having a completely inferior console over.

The fact that none of these consoles are backwards compatable is a deal breaker for me. I have enough games in my backlog to last another couple of years. That and I don't have space for 4 gaming systems, a cable box and a reciever.

Don't do it. I made that mistake once and switched back to PS4 a couple months later. 1 game is not worth having a completely inferior console over.
I traded from PS4 to Xbox One back in December and I couldn't be happier. Much better games in my opinion and I prefer the controller and Xbox Live over the PS4's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back