Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I have had my console pre-ordered since the day they went live, everyone needs to calm down. I have added gift cards to my order, fiddled with the shipping speed, ect ect and nothing has changed. I think the reason why people are getting odd dates at the moment is there servers are getting slammed like a ham. Just give it some time, if something so devastating as getting your console a day late happens then you know Amazon will bend over backwards for you. Heck, one of the controllers in my GoW 360 i ordered had a broken battery pack, without me even asking they gave me a $60 credit and insisted I get a brand new one. Amazon is good, just give them some time.

Has anyone ordered a tv mount? The one I'm looking at on amazon called pdp looks like itd be a little too high up but I'm not sure.

I changed my CC info last Monday and it changed my delivery date to the 26th, the best Amazon has been able to do was change it to one day shipping for Monday the 25th. After reading some of these post it definitely makes me not a happy camper.
That doesn't make any sense. I changed my billing info multiple times and even the email says it doesn't affect the delivery date. Mine is still nov 22. There must be something else wrong otherwise you shouldn't be in that situation

I changed my CC info last Monday and it changed my delivery date to the 26th, the best Amazon has been able to do was change it to one day shipping for Monday the 25th. After reading some of these post it definitely makes me not a happy camper.

It's not supposed to change your estimated delivery date but other cags have reported it happening to them in the past when doing so. Keep in mind that sometimes Amazon is conservative in their delivery estimates. I've purchased items in the past with an estimate of being 2 days late, yet it still ends up being delivered on time (2 day Prime shipping).

Last week, I updated my PS4 preorder from credit card to gift cards and my delivery estimate was never affected. They shipped it out the night before on Thursday night and it still showed up for me by Friday noon. Last night, I updated my Xbone preorder from credit card to gift cards and my delivery estimate was not affected either. Still in "Not Shipped Yet" status and I'm not worried about it.

Those reviews only add to my suspicion that Kinect will be gimmick and not revolutionary. The voice command sounds like a nice feature but if it doesn't work 100% of the time, it's better to just use the controller which will work 100% of the time. People don't buy things that work most of the time. I find it funny when the commercials advertise people with heavy accents talking to their Xbone. If I can't even understand their accents, I have serious reservations that the Kinect will consistently pick up their commands.

Damn, Forza is basically killing it in the reviews. EGM is tanking the metacritic score...say no to the click bait ;)
Hah I already planned on Ryse, DR3, NFS and LEGO Marvel for my 4 games from TRU but now I am seriously debating adding Forza in there instead of LEGO. I already will have NFS and I am not a huge racing sim fan but wow does it look great and it is hard to argue with the best reviewed next-gen retail title (assuming Ryse doesn't come out of nowhere and blow everyone away : P)

I cancelled my Rivals and put in order for Forza 5 LE...It would seem silly to pass on whats looking like the defining launch game for next gen.

Got my Xbox shipping notification from Amazon.. yayy! It's almost here :D

pre ordered back in June and its preparing for shipment!!!
Shit, I was planning on paying off the remaining balance for my preorder with Amazon GC's in a couple of hours.

EDIT: My console is still in the "Not Yet Shipped" stage, so I might have some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forza is 82 on metacritic so doing pretty good.
Yeah that 65 from EGM is killing the average. Not to be a dick, but metacritic is useless. Websites know that if they put a overly high or low score it will generate traffic on their site.

Also, at least for me, I trust Kotaku on most things and they don't even give a score :/

It was also given 4 70s from other sites, a 75 and a few 80s.

But yeah, you are right, if you take out all the average to low scores, the game is a 9.

Metacritic isn't useless at all. It gives you a fair average based on all reviews to give you a better view as to how the game is rated.

Someone gave lost of us a 75 but it didnt hurt its metacritic score at all. You will need a large number of bad reviews to bring a score down.

If you take out the 65 and leave all others, the score doesnt change.

I cancelled my Rivals and put in order for Forza 5 LE...It would seem silly to pass on whats looking like the defining launch game for next gen.
i have rivals on the ps4 and i am having a blast playing it, if you like car games you may want to consider both since they scratch a different itch

i have rivals on the ps4 and i am having a blast playing it, if you like car games you may want to consider both
Does it have rubberband AI? I hate that about NFS games.

It was also given 4 70s from other sites, a 75 and a few 80s.

But yeah, you are right, if you take out all the average to low scores, the game is a 9.

Metacritic isn't useless at all. It gives you a fair average based on all reviews to give you a better view as to how the game is rated.

Someone gave lost of us a 75 but it didnt hurt its metacritic score at all. You will need a large number of bad reviews to bring a score down.

If you take out the 65 and leave all others, the score doesnt change.
Well, it goes up 1, but point taken. I just have never felt like Metacritic is useful. I could give two shits about what a newspaper or Rolling Stone says about a video game :D

Called my Best Buy last night about the concern for not having enough D1 X1 Editions, while I didn't get any concrete numbers, the guy who answered said he just came from the wharehouse, stated "we have a ton, more than the we got of the PS4" and that "it shouldn't be a problem" if I'm not there at midnight and go sometime on Friday. I went at 4:00pm last Friday to get my PS4 with zero problems, but I will probably go on my lunch break this week just to make sure I get the Day One without issue.

I really hope I can grab a Forza 5 LE. I hope its not that limited, I remember seeing Forza Horizon LEs for months after launch. It is kind of weird though for Forza 5 LE you can't do in-store pick up preorder and only shipping. Oh well, fingers crossed! And where is the Ryse review for IGN..its like they are saving that one for last b/c everyone is on the fence! Hopefully will have something to play Friday b/c I might pass on DR3 with its last gen graphics and all..

Well, it goes up 1, but point taken. I just have never felt like Metacritic is useful. I could give two shits about what a newspaper or Rolling Stone says about a video game :D
Metacritic should let you make your own score by choosing the outlets you trust and excluding the ones you don't. If they are reading this - "patent pending"

i have rivals on the ps4 and i am having a blast playing it, if you like car games you may want to consider both since they scratch a different itch
I felt this way too, I will def pick up Rivals just not at launch. Im not a gigantic racing game fan in the first place so 1 racing game for now is more than enough for me.

And where is the Ryse review for IGN..its like they are saving that one for last b/c everyone is on the fence! Hopefully will have something to play Friday b/c I might pass on DR3 with its last gen graphics and all..
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/where-are-igns-xbox-one-reviews

IGN announced their schedule for reviews earlier. It has an embargo until tomorrow so you should expect to see a review from all major companies then.

I am really curious and I feel like the scores are going to be completely across the board with some people loving it and other absolutely hating it haha.

Wow. Ordered at 8:15am and Amazon's already charged my card and transitioned the order to "Shipping Soon." Guess I won't be going to BestBuy tonight to convert credit to pay it off :whistle2:0
What the hell!!! I ordered on June 12th and it's still hasn't changed at all.

I have been buying on Amazon for years and I ALWAYS select teh free shipping option, I still get things the next day or 2 days later.  It says the Day One editions are guaranteed to be in stock on Nov. 22nd while teh standard editions are not.  I preordered a Day One system in June.  If they don't ship my system out no later than Friday I may be done with Amazon.  I'm fine with waiting a few extra days on any shipment if it just takes longer to get here, but to intentionally hold an item and not ship it out becuase I picked free shipping is ridiculous. 

I pre-ordered the XB1 from Amazon on June 10th as the "XBox One Console," since the Day One wasnt announced yet. I got the email saying my order was being switched to "Day One Edition" on Sept 6th, but my order in history still says "XBox One Console" which worries me.

Mine is still in the "Not Yet Shipped" status, this doesnt worry me but others we worried that they ordered on June 12th and wasnt being processed yet. Amazon will get it here by Friday, as long as they dont use UPS.

I have been buying on Amazon for years and I ALWAYS select teh free shipping option, I still get things the next day or 2 days later. It says the Day One editions are guaranteed to be in stock on Nov. 22nd while teh standard editions are not. I preordered a Day One system in June. If they don't ship my system out no later than Friday I may be done with Amazon. I'm fine with waiting a few extra days on any shipment if it just takes longer to get here, but to intentionally hold an item and not ship it out becuase I picked free shipping is ridiculous.
I don't think they are intentionally holding anything. I'm sure they are would rather get the paid s/h orders out first. Makes business sense to me. If I were Amazon I'd much rather focus on the customers who PAID to get there items in a specific time frame.

You guys who say "I'm done with Amazon..." crack me up. Go preorder from Newegg and see when your order arrives.

Yeah forza reviews made me order. Can't do a best buy anymore so did it on amazon standard shipping. I can wait till Monday for the day one since all the info I'm hearing says day one games are for pre order only

I have been buying on Amazon for years and I ALWAYS select teh free shipping option, I still get things the next day or 2 days later. It says the Day One editions are guaranteed to be in stock on Nov. 22nd while teh standard editions are not. I preordered a Day One system in June. If they don't ship my system out no later than Friday I may be done with Amazon. I'm fine with waiting a few extra days on any shipment if it just takes longer to get here, but to intentionally hold an item and not ship it out becuase I picked free shipping is ridiculous.
I had a similar issue with my BF 4 xbox one pre-order from Amazon. I chose free shipping and it hasn't been shipped yet even though the game is in stock. I contacted customer service today and the guy told that it should have been shipped already. He ended up updating me to day one shipping and said I'll have it no later then tomorrow. If they dont ship your system by Friday give them a call they will sort it out.

it seems like it does, but you have to keep in mind that you are mixing single player and multiplayer simultaneously so it doesn't necessarily have the mario kart effect.

for example, i have been focused on playing as a cop, which each rank/lvl i have to choose the type of cop patrol/undercover/enforcer. i have mostly chosen enforcer which gives me a enforcer related "to do list" (ie score 15000 pts in one session, ram 5 cars, silver in hot pursuit) to rank up. i select the enforcer variant of one of the cars i have unlocked (aston martin, bmw, marussia, viper srt, camaro, porsche, etc.)

then i leave the garage and enter an open world with 7 other players (some cops some racers) and then choose to work on my list or not. meanwhile everyone else is racing/chasing either each other or cpu players and its intense.

for example, i quick gps to one of the hot pursuit challenge variants, but en route i notice racers (player and cpu) being chased by cops (players and cpu) and helicopters amidst the torrential downpour (yes there is night/weather), say "holy sh*t" goonies style turn on my siren and go chase and ram a racer with my shock pursuit tech (kinda like mario kart) as they try to veer away from someone else's spike strip yet still win their race

fwiw i got kz, bf4, ac4, cod, nfs, and nba 2k and so far rivals might be my underdog favorite...blissful rush of adrenaline win or lose

Nothing on Amazon yet for my games and system. I rather not get it early, just want it on Friday. Took the day off. Knowing my luck I'll get it at 8pm Friday lol...

Ok, figured I would post this since it is obvious people don't have experience with this.  Do not start to panic about shipping until lat Thursday night!  If you picked release day delivery, Amazon will deliver it on Friday.  It all depends on how close you are to a shipping facility.  My PS4 shipped last Thursday from Arizona and arrived fine on Firday.  Amazon will do a lot of overnight shipping to try a minimalize any orders being received early so they don't get in trouble.  I think two people that had release day delivery did not receive theirs, Amazon fixed by having it delivered Sat and gave them a free game.  So seriously, everyone needs to stop freaking out or saying why didn't mine get shipped.  It is most likely that the people getting shipped already live further from a shipping location...  wait until thursday night, and if nothing by late call amazon.

Nothing on Amazon yet for my games and system. I rather not get it early, just want it on Friday. Took the day off. Knowing my luck I'll get it at 8pm Friday lol...
Well my PS4 from Amazon didn't come until after 7pm. So I'm expecting the same from them on the Xbox One.

Hah I already planned on Ryse, DR3, NFS and LEGO Marvel for my 4 games from TRU but now I am seriously debating adding Forza in there instead of LEGO. I already will have NFS and I am not a huge racing sim fan but wow does it look great and it is hard to argue with the best reviewed next-gen retail title (assuming Ryse doesn't come out of nowhere and blow everyone away : P)
Keep in mind Lego Marvel can be had on PC for $30 MSRP and will probably hit at least 50% off during the Steam Winter Sale.

I pre-ordered the XB1 from Amazon on June 10th as the "XBox One Console," since the Day One wasnt announced yet. I got the email saying my order was being switched to "Day One Edition" on Sept 6th, but my order in history still says "XBox One Console" which worries me.

Mine is still in the "Not Yet Shipped" status, this doesnt worry me but others we worried that they ordered on June 12th and wasnt being processed yet. Amazon will get it here by Friday, as long as they dont use UPS.
My Amazon order doesn't say "Day One Edition" either but if you click on the product in the order invoice, it goes to the Day One Edition page. I had chatted with a rep back in the summer time and he assured me it was the Day One Edition (I ordered like you on June 10 within minutes of it doing live).

I also have the Not Yet Shipped status, though I did receive the email (as I believe everyone did) about making sure your shipping address is correct. I'm not worried about it -- though I do expect it to be shipped UPS. Weren't the PS4's shipped out UPS as well?

Keep in mind Lego Marvel can be had on PC for $30 MSRP and will probably hit at least 50% off during the Steam Winter Sale.
I thought of that but LEGO is a game to play with my GF and I have found we are more likely to play a console game than a pc game together despite be having them all hooked up to the same TV. Haha that was my only reasoning for thinking that way. Though realistically it is hard to argue with those numbers haha

My Amazon order from this morning is now in Preparing for Shipment.  My Forza 5 LE order placed after I got my preorder in is in Shipping Now status.  Expecting to see some Tracking numbers before the end of the day.

bread's done
Back