Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Decided to switch up the pace from playing Forza 5 for 3 days straight. Started playing DR3 today and I have to say it's quite good. Game looks better than I expected and it's a blast to play.

anybody looking for a system should either go to target or kmart. saw one at kmart today, seen many at various targets around Pittsburgh since the weekend

My local Best Buy had a small mountain of Xbox One consoles available, stacked up just inside the door.  Didn't see anybody buying them.  They also had a small mountain of leftover Black Friday 360 bundles, with the four included games, stacked up in the back of the store in the games department. 

For contrast, I still haven't seen a single PS4 in stock, anywhere.

Xbox One consoles are so freely available that a guy I go to school with sold his for $680 used on Craigslist with no games.

Its been in stock at Best Buy since Sunday. its been in stock several times for long amount of hours at Amazon. They have been pretty easy to find. Anyone paying that much for a used one on Craigslist is just an idiot plan and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
went into Target, they had five, no PS4's, Tradesmart (which is Hastings) has had over 10 since last week.  They just got a shipment of 5 PS4's that they posted on facebook, sold out in 10 minutes, still have the Xbox ones.  The best Buy had 4 that have been there since last week, no PS4's....

Xbox one's are easy to get around Denver...

went into Target, they had five, no PS4's, Tradesmart (which is Hastings) has had over 10 since last week. They just got a shipment of 5 PS4's that they posted on facebook, sold out in 10 minutes, still have the Xbox ones. The best Buy had 4 that have been there since last week, no PS4's....

Xbox one's are easy to get around Denver...
PFM!!! I am from Denver too and there are a lot of Xbox one available in Colorado. Not trying to say it's a negative thing since this is the holiday season and you would want your product in stock for customers who are looking for your product.

Didn't Microsoft state prior to launch that the goal was to keep the X1 readily available? I recall reading that, possibly even somewhere in this thread.

I work at Target and I've seen a steady stream of X1's and they all go within hours.

Got my Xbox one from amazon yesterday. Was surprised that it was still a "day one" edition. liked the idea of being able to switch to cable tv but ended up connecting tv directly to cable box since I don't want the console on just to watch tv
That's what I'm planning on doing too. Its a shame because I would like the OPTION of being able to snap TV while doing something else on the Xbox, but I don't want the Xbox on all the time when I'm watching TV - power consumption and sometimes I don't want notifications popping up while I'm watching (not sure the latter is an issue as I haven't opened mine yet). No HDMI pass through was definitely a design failure if you ask me, perhaps that might be firmware upgradable eventually , but I'm not sure Microsoft would do it even if it was possible). only option is an HDMI splitter or a satellite box with 2 outputs (or if I get a whole house system dedicating a tuner to the xbox).

Didn't Microsoft state prior to launch that the goal was to keep the X1 readily available? I recall reading that, possibly even somewhere in this thread.

I work at Target and I've seen a steady stream of X1's and they all go within hours.
No matter what Microsoft does people will criticize. Many are trying to relive the hilarity of E3.

I'm sure Microsoft would rather have Xbox One's sit on shelves for a few days compared to not being able to have any on the shelves at all. Sony on the other hand could have a problem if they can't meet the demand for the PS4,  they've even said there's an actual shortage which can end up hurting them if people decide to just get an X1 since it's on their shelves.

Just got back from Target here. They had 8 Regular Xbox Ones on the shelf along with 4 Day One editions.

Personally, I think we are just seeing alot because Microsoft is focusing on keeping supply up in the US where demand is much greater while Sony is still launching in other areas while demand is high everywhere.

systems in stores can only help ms i don't see it being a bad thing. If someone wants a next gen system bad enough they will get any system they can. 

The local Walmart in my area still has a day one edition available along with 3 standard edtions on 12/20/2013. No PS4's in sight. Local Gamestops, KMart, Target, Best Buy, and Sears all have X1's, but no PS4's. Not sure if Sony can't supply or there is no demand for X1's. Just know I can walk in any store in Canton, Ohio and find a X1. Oddly enough every one of these stores lists the X1 as sold out online. The PS4 is available in 30 more countries then the X1 at the moment. That could have something to do with why PS4s are no where to be found.

The local Walmart in my area still has a day one edition available along with 3 standard edtions on 12/20/2013. No PS4's in sight. Local Gamestops, KMart, Target, Best Buy, and Sears all have X1's, but no PS4's. Not sure if Sony can't supply or there is no demand for X1's. Just know I can walk in any store in Canton, Ohio and find a X1. Oddly enough every one of these stores lists the X1 as sold out online. The PS4 is available in 30 more countries then the X1 at the moment. That could have something to do with why PS4s are no where to be found.
I live in the Hudson area and go to school in Bowling Green and I've seen the same; Xbox's in stock, maybe 2 or 3 at most, and no PS4's.

Anyoen familar with Walmarts product care plans?  I have a question......  I got there product care plan with my xbox one at launch,  today i was reading something on the pamplet saying goto and register the plan.  I was wondering is it require to register it within a certain time after getting it or can i wait 1 or 2 years when it break to register and do a claim.  The warranty and console are both on the same receipt. 

Kylestr, on 19 Dec 2013 - 3:32 PM, said:

That's what I'm planning on doing too. Its a shame because I would like the OPTION of being able to snap TV while doing something else on the Xbox, but I don't want the Xbox on all the time when I'm watching TV - power consumption and sometimes I don't want notifications popping up while I'm watching (not sure the latter is an issue as I haven't opened mine yet). No HDMI pass through was definitely a design failure if you ask me, perhaps that might be firmware upgradable eventually , but I'm not sure Microsoft would do it even if it was possible). only option is an HDMI splitter or a satellite box with 2 outputs (or if I get a whole house system dedicating a tuner to the xbox).
I did a blog post about this a month ago, and a helpful CAG (KillerRamen) suggested getting an HDMI splitter, and posted a link to a very affordable one ($24) on Monoprice. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=8204&seq=1&format=2 It was a simple solution that hadn't occurred to me. I bought the splitter, and it's worked out great. I work nights, and between all the different schedules for me, my wife, and kids, the TV tends to be on quite a bit. I didn't want the XB1 to be on all that time, either. Now it's only on when I specifically want to use it, usually for gaming, but I can still snap back and forth between games and TV when I want to.

I saw two Xbox One regular editions at Target yesterday.  First time seeing any others besides mine, which is a Day One from Amazon.

My Target late Sunday night after the big 10% off shopping weekend: 4 X1's in the cabinets. NO Wii U's in stock ;).

Having said that, I think for the X1 that doesn't mean too much (good or bad) since I have no idea how often they are restocking. But I think that is great for the Wii U. I think maybe finally people are starting to buy them after those horrible November sales. We'll see in a month or two.

My Target late Sunday night after the big 10% off shopping weekend: 4 X1's in the cabinets. NO Wii U's in stock ;).

Having said that, I think for the X1 that doesn't mean too much (good or bad) since I have no idea how often they are restocking. But I think that is great for the Wii U. I think maybe finally people are starting to buy them after those horrible November sales. We'll see in a month or two.
The 10% off excluded video games and PS4 and Xbox One consoles (at least according to what I read on the Internets).

I have definitely seen plenty of Ones in the wild and no PS4s, but like you said it doesn't mean much without knowing the numbers. There's a big difference between being available and "languishing on shelves."

salty tbone said:
The 10% off excluded video games and PS4 and Xbox One consoles (at least according to what I read on the Internets).
Yeah, I just figured that promo brought a lot of people into the store (not to mention that it was the last weekend before Christmas), so that's why I was surprised 4 systems would still be there late Sunday night. They had to have been there all day Sunday (I was in the store at 9:30 PM).

Anyone getting the crash to dashboard issue? I bought ac4 digitally always getting the crash to dashboard but when I use the disc I got from sams deal it never happens. Any way to get a refund from my purchase with msp, looks like games are constantly having this problem.

I haven't played any retail GoD but I've played a lot of games digitally (Killer Instinct, Peggle 2, Powerstar, Halo: Spartan Assault) and tons of retail games and haven't had that issue except with Battlefield 4 campaign twice near the beginning of the game a month ago.

Anyone getting the crash to dashboard issue? I bought ac4 digitally always getting the crash to dashboard but when I use the disc I got from sams deal it never happens. Any way to get a refund from my purchase with msp, looks like games are constantly having this problem.
alot of games are having crash issues on both x1 and ps4 really think it's a game issue not system issues.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="11381891" timestamp="1387903155"]alot of games are having crash issues on both x1 and ps4 really think it's a game issue not system issues.[/quote]

I think the system is not capable of handling a digital copy, it is not a game issue when it never happens on a disc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times the digital download still the same problems preceed. This is a important issue when you get kicked from a mp game you lose abstergo points making your rank lower for something beyond your control. Thus hurting any competitive ac4 player. Since the game is on the system it is depending on the system more then a regular disc, thus making it a system issue.

I think the system is not capable of handling a digital copy, it is not a game issue when it never happens on a disc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times the digital download still the same problems preceed. This is a important issue when you get kicked from a mp game you lose abstergo points making your rank lower for something beyond your control. Thus hurting any competitive ac4 player. Since the game is on the system it is depending on the system more then a regular disc, thus making it a system issue.
i just got dead rising digital version and works just fine. saying the system can't handle digital games is just nonsense and not blaming it on game it self.

I don't think Xbox One should be hard to find now. Just went to Best Buy today and there were tons of them available. My Best Buy actually staged them at three different locations throughout the store. There were a whole bunch of them right in the center of the store as you walk in, a bunch of them behind customer service desk and they also left stacks of them in pyramid shapes at each regular checkout desk.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="11383894" timestamp="1387943014"]i just got dead rising digital version and works just fine. saying the system can't handle digital games is just nonsense and not blaming it on game it self.[/quote]

Then there's a problem with the digital version of ac4 bc it does not happen when I'm on the disc version. I have tested both

Anyone considered buying or bought the xbox one extended warranty? I am looking at the Microsoft Complete Xbox one Web Page, 69.99 not too bad for three years. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on the matter. I have 5 more days to decide, just trying to see if it is a good investment and how many CAG's bought it. 

[quote name="xXI SPECTER IXx" post="11412546" timestamp="1388764810"]Anyone considered buying or bought the xbox one extended warranty? I am looking at the Microsoft Complete Xbox one Web Page, 69.99 not too bad for three years. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on the matter. I have 5 more days to decide, just trying to see if it is a good investment and how many CAG's bought it. [/quote]

Thought about it.

Didn't get it for ps4 or xbox one.

I just experienced three crashes in the last 24hrs. especially while I was gaming. I was like wtf? I think I am leaning towards buying the microsoft warranty for the xbox one!
seems like it's not hardware isue it's os/memory issue. seems like x1 ram don't reset on standby power down mode so i now have my system go to hard shut down have no issues. To be honest i have had zero issue since launch knock on wood. ps4 had and till dose have crash issues.

Anyone notice that every time someone mentioned about an issue they're having with their Xbox one Timbo would go into a denial mode and try to divert the attention away to the PS4?

Seriously Timbo, what's the point of bringing up the PS4 when it is not helping anybody with their Xbox One's issues in this thread?

TimboSliceGB said:
seems like it's not hardware isue it's os/memory issue. seems like x1 ram don't reset on standby power down mode so i now have my system go to hard shut down have no issues. To be honest i have had zero issue since launch knock on wood. ps4 had and till dose have crash issues.
My PS4 has not crashed once and I've been playing it quite a bit recently. My son mostly uses the One and he hasn't told me of any issues there either. It seems to me these newer systems crash far less often than the PS3/360 - but of course I'll need to play a wider variety of games for a much longer time to make a final judgment on that.

As for my own usage, two days ago I finally used the X1 for the first time since I downloaded the day 1 update on release day. I started playing Ryse since I got it cheap from that Best Buy $15 + $25 gift card promo sale. It is moderately fun and at times the backgrounds are stunning. I like to just look at the vistas and flowing water and such. The gameplay itself is wearing on me though - it is so damn repetitive. Fortunately it seems to be a pretty short game so I ought to be done with it in another couple of evenings. It is nice to complete a game within a week every once in a while since I usually plunge myself into 100+ hour RPGs ;).

Edit: Almost done with Ryse. I disagree with the choice to call the emperor Nero since the entire story is completely fictional and pretty outlandish (British tribes storming Rome - WTF!?). Given how little people know of U.S. history let alone world history, I fear people might get some idea that it is about the real Nero. They should have just given him a made-up non-historical emperor's name. My 2 cents ;).

Just a heads up if anyone here is a member of expertzone they have $50 Microsoft Cards up for $20-$30 depending on you status same as DR3, Forza 5, Ryse all for $17.99-$29.99.  Just thought id share :)

Just a heads up if anyone here is a member of expertzone they have $50 Microsoft Cards up for $20-$30 depending on you status same as DR3, Forza 5, Ryse all for $17.99-$29.99. Just thought id share :)
Thanks for pointing that out. I have to wait until the 10th when I become an Elite status.

Ugh all the stuff is gone gone goneeeee
No worries, by summer, all launch titles should be priced reasonably for either of the next gen systems. me, I'm waiting to see some killer apps within the next couple of years for this new hardware.

[quote name="MykelxKnight" post="11439377" timestamp="1389575161"]Ive been checking it daily, Im sure more stuff will be added soon again. Im waiting on my $50 cards I just hope both went through as to I havent been charged for one on my card yet.[/quote]

I wanted the X1 games and the $50 cards but was too slow.

bread's done
Back