Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I'm always worried... I don't do well in crowds.  I know our Wal-y got quite a few... but I don't like running out at 6pm.  Gamestop opens at midnight and has a couple.  I don't know if it's worth it to deal with it.

I'm always worried... I don't do well in crowds. I know our Wal-y got quite a few... but I don't like running out at 6pm. Gamestop opens at midnight and has a couple. I don't know if it's worth it to deal with it.
They went on sale at 6pm but they passed out wristbands at 4pm. They actually were letting people get both the XBOne and PS4. Instead of two separate lines, which I thought was odd. I've had my PS4 since launch, so I just wanted a Xbox. Ended up getting a PS4 for a friend that didn't make it on time. There was a lot of people trying to line up at 6pm without a wristband. Those people weren't very happy. Thought about selling them to someone but they weren't willing to pay any extra.

Not sure how many PS4s my Walmart had but they were all sold out by 6pm.  Had a ton of Xbox Ones though, the voucher to pick up mine had the number 57 written on it and they had a ton more vouchers.

So idk if this is true, but I was trying to look up gamesharing on the xb1. I found a thread that said they were able to gameshare the same game for the two xb1s in their household. Is this possible? Only buying one game and sharing it to another console on the same IP address and playing it on another account. Allowing 2 people to play the game for the price of one. Anyone test it yet? Thinking about doing this since I will have 2 xb1 in my house eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
So idk if this is true, but I was trying to look up gamesharing on the xb1. I found a thread that said they were able to gameshare the same game for the two xb1s in their household. Is this possible? Only buying one game and sharing it to another console on the same IP address and playing it on another account. Allowing 2 people to play the game for the price of one. Anyone test it yet? Thinking about doing this since I will have 2 xb1 in my house eventually.
That should work, yes. The policy is the same as it was on the Xbox 360.

Dear Diary...

Jackpot!

Woke up early this morning (Great Raven's/Steeler's game last night) and figured while I was doing my morning browsing to call Gamestop.  Manager was there and I asked him if he had any One's (I wanted to buy the PS+ cards), he laughed and was like no.  We sold those immediately lastnight.... but this GS down the road (literally you can see it from the other GS) has a couple.  I called them they said they had some.  I asked for them to hold them while I threw on clothes and ran out the door.

My window was frozen over and my windshield wiper fluid was frozen.  Wife didn't have the ice scraper in her car.  I used my hand.  Got there. JACKPOT.

So I bought the One and 2 PS+ cards.  Ran to BB and picked up the Day1 XBL Killer Instinct XBL card and Ryse.  Ran to Target and TRU.  I couldn't find Zoo Tycoon ANYWHERE (I'm not going near Wal-mart).  1 hr later, it sits here in my entertainment center.  I'm charging up my batteries for the controllers.  Gunna test this TV thing.  The wife says if she can't figure it out while I'm at work it's no bueno.

I couldn't find Zoo Tycoon ANYWHERE (I'm not going near Wal-mart).
Zoo Tycoon for Xbox One is a Timed Retailer Exclusive

If you want the disc version, you'll need to find a Walmart.

"Zoo Tycoon for Xbox One will be exclusively available at Walmart in the U.S. between November 22, 2013 and January 31, 2014," the company told us. "Customers can also purchase Zoo Tycoon for Xbox One at Microsoft Stores and download the title on Xbox Live."

Battlefield 4 is almost unplayable for me. It was fine on Saturday but I haven't been able to get into a stable match since then.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I might just pick up COD today with the Toys r Us B1G1 40% off deal today

That's about what I feared. That place is a nightmare MOST times... Black Friday (shudders). I'll be powering on in a few, we'll see how bad the download'll be.
Black Friday is the best time to shop Walmart. Once the crazed first rush is over you can stroll in get what you want and leave. Games on sale are in bins. Plenty of workers in electronics so no trouble finding someone with keys. Every register is open with no line. It's been wonderful since they started on Thanksgiving.

Black Friday is the best time to shop Walmart. Once the crazed first rush is over you can stroll in get what you want and leave. Games on sale are in bins. Plenty of workers in electronics so no trouble finding someone with keys. Every register is open with no line. It's been wonderful since they started on Thanksgiving.
It wasn't quite that nice at my Wal-mart but after you spoke up I went in. It was... crowded but not elbow to elbow. Electronics/Toys was definitely the busy part of the store. The camera guy was over with the keys but he was being called back and forth between games, TV, laptops, etc (so effectively back and forth). I caught his attention and got Zoo Tycoon (out of Forza, though I'm not sold on it ANYWAYS). Line was 5 deep at electronics (both registers open) but the idiot in the front had LITERALLY 200 items in his cart. Ugh. But there were 3 of us at the back of the line laughing and joking so it wasn't SO terrible. It's funny, as long as people are nice then the time was pleasant. The couple of idiots who were acting like selfish a-holes... well I wanted to ensure they knew I thought they were being selfish a-holes.

I'm glad you got what you wanted but that sucks for the wait. I do most of my shopping late night and I've learned what places to avoid. One Walmart rarely has more than one lane open after midnight and there's always someone buying $300 in groceries. Then you go to electronics and it's a ghosttown.

That's about what I feared. That place is a nightmare MOST times... Black Friday (shudders). I'll be powering on in a few, we'll see how bad the download'll be.
Haha, Walmart on Black Friday is easily the worst. But yeah, I ended up getting Zoo Tycoon digitally since I had some Microsoft Points and would rather have done that then buy a retail exclusive game, which is kinda dumb if you ask me. At least it looks like you were able to get one at Walmart though.

Battlefield 4 is almost unplayable for me. It was fine on Saturday but I haven't been able to get into a stable match since then. Has anyone else had this problem? I might just pick up COD today with the Toys r Us B1G1 40% off deal today
I've been playing it and it's been working fine for me outside of the occasional crash to the home page that they should be able to patch.

Only reason I wanted it as a disk is in case it is terrible, I can trade it.  It's ok.  Sat down and played through the 10 tutorials this afternoon.  About to move on to the game itself.

Battlefield 4 is almost unplayable for me. It was fine on Saturday but I haven't been able to get into a stable match since then. Has anyone else had this problem? I might just pick up COD today with the Toys r Us B1G1 40% off deal today
Yes, it was ok early in the week. But on Thursday I think it was a mess. I couldn't get into any Conquest or Domination matches. Whenever I would pick one of those it would dump me into a deathmatch or squad deathmatch game. Haven't tried yet today to see if that's been resolved.

Dr3 is better than the last one. The combat is incredibly weak though. Very very repetitive. The bulk of the game is creating items picking up tons of crap and just mowing down thousands of enemies.

Some stuff they do is incredibly impressive, I've never seen so many creatures on a screen at once. I'd definitely recommend anyone who owns an Xbox One rents it (or buys and trades it in fast) but it greatly lacks depth.

Dr3 is better than the last one. The combat is incredibly weak though. Very very repetitive. The bulk of the game is creating items picking up tons of crap and just mowing down thousands of enemies.

Some stuff they do is incredibly impressive, I've never seen so many creatures on a screen at once. I'd definitely recommend anyone who owns an Xbox One rents it (or buys and trades it in fast) but it greatly lacks depth.
Thanks guys. I actually bought Forza with it. Not really into the sim racers though. Just wanted something to play and they did t have DR3. Might find someone to trade or something.

Yeah, i agree with this 100%

Just got back from Target and couldn't believe I saw one just sitting there peacefully behind the glass.

lbf6.jpg

I bought the Energizer 2 pack charging station from BB instead of the play and charge.  Charges 2 and has the batteries.  Remarkably smooth placement and sits nicely behind my flat screen so you can't see it.

Forza is out in all the stores around me.  No Walmart, Target, TRU, BB.  I shoulda jumped on it when I saw it at Sam's but I didn't think it'd be that rare (was hoping for a day one pack).

Back to Zoo Tycoon.  My kid bred a bunch of rare animals in my persistent zoo.  Lucky bugger.  

I just put in NBA 2K14 for the first time.  What a garbage achievement list.

Went on a five hour marathon of RYSE though and beat it.  Probably took me around 7 hours total.  What a great game it was.

I bought the Energizer 2 pack charging station from BB instead of the play and charge. Charges 2 and has the batteries. Remarkably smooth placement and sits nicely behind my flat screen so you can't see it.
I did the same thing when the play and charge on my 360 died. Those things turned out to be really worth it.

I just put in NBA 2K14 for the first time. What a garbage achievement list.
I don't think I'll be unlocking many of those achievements. I can't believe how terrible I am at this game. I've played the NBA 2K games before, and I was OK, good enough to win playing solo at least. Each game I play with 2K14, I seem to get worse.

Speaking of achievements, I think I might've turned off my popups. I've been playing Dead Rising 3 and I thought it was odd I hadn't gotten any yet. I checked my notifications and saw I had aquired a few already, even had some game clips recorded. Anyone else having this problem with DR3? I might have to go for another achievement on Ryse just to make sure they're still working.

Speaking of achievements, I think I might've turned off my popups. I've been playing Dead Rising 3 and I thought it was odd I hadn't gotten any yet. I checked my notifications and saw I had aquired a few already, even had some game clips recorded. Anyone else having this problem with DR3? I might have to go for another achievement on Ryse just to make sure they're still working.
check in notifications in settings to see if it's on or off

I checked Walmart and they were $25. I saw the ad which said they were $20 but I think that was only on launch day/weekend? I didn't see it anywhere in their Black Friday ad.
Ymmv then, my local Walmart in MI has had them since launch for 19.96 regular price.

Apparenttly you weren't around when the Xbox 360, first came out. Most of those games only had 5 and you could unlocked them in one hour.
That was way better than this list. Almost all of them didn't even have anything to do with playing Basketball. It was a bunch of political crap. I just want to play basketball and get some achievements for it but this thing was trying to make a life out of it all. I played one game and am done forever.

NBA Live 14 has some terrible controls. Also, finding an online match can take anywhere between 30minutes-1hr. I had to return it. I have need for speed rivals. I have one question, is there a forum where we can trade xbox one games? or somewhere we can sell through CAG? thanks. 

NBA Live 14 has some terrible controls. Also, finding an online match can take anywhere between 30minutes-1hr. I had to return it. I have need for speed rivals. I have one question, is there a forum where we can trade xbox one games? or somewhere we can sell through CAG? thanks.
Picked up DR3 tonight, it was the Day One edition which I thought was odd. They had Day One of Ryse too.

There is a Trading Forum on here. It's pretty sweet. I've done a good amount of trades. And have got some really good things from trading. I'd recommend it!

I wanted Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. However, my idiot cousin convinced me to pick up NBA LIve 14, which makes me the bigger idiot. The cool thing that happened the manager was able to let me exchange it for any other game they had in stock. They had Need For Speed Rivals and Zoo something. I got Need For Speed, but the manager opened my game so I would not exchange. I am looking to trade or sell since it is practically brand new. Where exactly do I locate the trading forum your talking about. 

bread's done
Back