Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I am nervous about ordering the day one editions from best buy.com

They are different skus but it doesnt say "day one edition" just has the picture of the day one edition

I guess im gonna take the chance and hope they send the right ones -_-
a bunch of people at my local bestbuy got the standard edition even with pre-orders. wth is a standard edition being sold on day1. thats the point of day1. wth is M$FT thinking when the mass produce the standard edition. why not make more day1. idiots.

a bunch of people at my local bestbuy got the standard edition even with pre-orders. wth is a standard edition being sold on day1. thats the point of day1. wth is M$FT thinking when the mass produce the standard edition. why not make more day1. idiots.
then it would not be a limited supply. ms already said when day one edition was announced it would be limited supply ad right on best buy website it says standard day and day one edition we don't want to keep hearing your trolling comments

KI is great, but fightstick doesn't work and have 1 achievement not unlock. About to start Dead Rising 3.

Haven't had many problems with voice controls yet. Sometimes it can be frustrating when you say "Xbox" and the overlay pops up, but you want to say the stuff behind it.

EDIT: Kimect recognized me when sitting down and barely on camera. No full body scans and having to look like an idiot....yet.

Love voice commands with watching TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
you haven't even got to the worse part. M$FT won't even allow you to upgrade the hard disk drive. Good luck with 500GB for the next 10 yrs. My PS4 will likely have a 5TB drive in it by 2017.
XB1 will allow external hard drives. No need to start giving new owners something to worry about.

Giant Bomb talked about this and said the console is going to manage space for you. It's going to delete things in the order of recently played, so if you haven't played KI for a while and are out of space it's going to remove it.

I'm fine I guess with this, but there should be an option to turn it off for power users who want more control over their data. Who knows maybe in the future.
That's cool, assuming it doesn't kill my save data. Personally, I'd prefer to be able to perform disk management myself.

XB1 will allow external hard drives. No need to start giving new owners something to worry about.
I wish they'd tell us the limitations of external drive size. I'm eying a 4 TB drive with USB 3 connectivity. I'd like to snag one on sale, but I want to make sure there isn't a cap to how big of a drive is allowed.

then it would not be a limited supply. ms already said when day one edition was announced it would be limited supply ad right on best buy website it says standard day and day one edition we don't want to keep hearing your trolling comments
the wth is it not call "limited edition" console instead and fuck n' named it "Day1". wth am i buying on day1 and not get the 'day1" edition. clearly M$FT don't think logically.

I wish they'd tell us the limitations of external drive size. I'm eying a 4 TB drive with USB 3 connectivity. I'd like to snag one on sale, but I want to make sure there isn't a cap to how big of a drive is allowed.
The HECK are you going to put in 4.5 TB... REALLY? You would need to download say... 90 games or so, I mean BIG games.

as if the box weren't big enough, now there's going to be portable hard drive sitting all over the box. what a mess. with its billions, m$ft should poach mark cerny away from sony.

But that's the Sony-fanboy way. Which is to spread disinformation and F.U.D. about the competition. Sony does it themselves too, as evidenced by that hilariously immature and deceitful tweet they put out yesterday.

Forza is ridiculously good looking. Haven't even touched my other launch titles yet. Probably won't get to them until tomorrow morning. Also putting in codes with the XB1 is honestly the most satisfying experience after years and years of code entering the old way.

as if the box weren't big enough, now there's going to be portable hard drive sitting all over the box. what a mess. with its billions, m$ft should poach mark cerny away from sony.
t obe honest im looking at the box on my entertainment center and it's no bigger then my cable box. it's pretty heavy and it runs quite and very very cool i feel no heat from the vents. Again troll little bit more

the wth is it not call "limited edition" console and don't fuck n' name it "Day1". wth am i buying on day1 and not get the 'day1" edition. clearly M$FT don't think logically.
Uh, no, what the problem with logic is that because of a name, you think that no matter the shipping method you choose (say STANDARD) that it is THEIR job to ship it EVEN EARLIER so that you can get it "Day One".

Because god forbid you play your 360 or ps3 just one day longer. I forgot that the console self destructs if it hasn't arrived on the 22nd x.x

Seriously it is blatently obvious you were either selling it or a sony fanatic. Use a dollar sign in the name, clever, really contributes to the whole "well thought out and articulated" complaint. Also the fact that you are picking a rather random thing to go off about...

Forza is ridiculously good looking. Haven't even touched my other launch titles yet. Probably won't get to them until tomorrow morning. Also putting in codes with the XB1 is honestly the most satisfying experience after years and years of code entering the old way.
i love the code enter thing it's sooo cool takes two secs to hold the thing up to kinect and boom it's in

OH by the way, anyone who is buying their console from GS, if you pick up a 12 month card (including the "day one" one) it comes to only $40.

I figure I could find someone interested in the DLC aspect and end up with super cheap live.

Alright I just oprdered the day one of DR 3 and Ryse on bestbuy.com

If they send me the regular ones I will just return them and call CS 

Wow, what an emotional movie experience that was (Oblivion).  Remember how I had talked about listening to that movie's soundtrack while constantly helping my cat fight for his life and going through some of the toughest times of both of our lives right after seeing the movie for the first time?  Oreo came down right near the end of the movie and came and curled up on me.  The movie already impacts me emotionally in a big way, but then to have him lay there on me and curl up right at the climax of the movie was something really special.

A few minutes after that moment happened, which I'll never forget, my Xbox One arrived in my city after 18 hours of silence since departing Illinois, (since 9:30am yesterday morning).  I'm going to go to bed in a little bit almost completely content, for the first time in several days.  This has been quite a week and this weekend is going to take it to a completely new level.

i love the code enter thing it's sooo cool takes two secs to hold the thing up to kinect and boom it's in
How far away can you be? When Major Nelson did it he was really close up and it made people think that that's what was required. I only sit six feet away so I don't care either way, but I'm curious to what distance you're finding it works.

Wow, what an emotional movie experience that was (Oblivion). Remember how I had talked about listening to that movie's soundtrack while constantly helping my cat fight for his life and going through some of the toughest times of both of our lives right after seeing the movie for the first time? Oreo came down right near the end of the movie and came and curled up on me. The movie already impacts me emotionally in a big way, but then to have him lay there on me and curl up right at the climax of the movie was something really special.

A few minutes that moment happened, which I'll never forget, my Xbox One arrived in my city after 18 hours of silence since departing Illinois, (since 9:30am yesterday morning). I'm going to go to bed in a little bit almost completely content, for the first time in several days. This has been quite a week and this weekend is going to take it to a completely new level.
When the cat curled up on your lap.....

Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Time for another highly emotional and historic moment.  Moving the Xbox 360 from atop its throne, where it has sat for eight years and three days.

Uh, no, what the problem with logic is that because of a name, you think that no matter the shipping method you choose (say STANDARD) that it is THEIR job to ship it EVEN EARLIER so that you can get it "Day One".

Because god forbid you play your 360 or ps3 just one day longer. I forgot that the console self destructs if it hasn't arrived on the 22nd x.x

Seriously it is blatently obvious you were either selling it or a sony fanatic. Use a dollar sign in the name, clever, really contributes to the whole "well thought out and articulated" complaint. Also the fact that you are picking a rather random thing to go off about...
honestly, i already sold 2 at bestbuy midnight launch. just feel bad for all those suckers that are buying it on day1 and walking away with green boxes. please think rationally, why would you name your special edition "day1" when you are selling thousands on day1 that are standard edition. surely ms can come up with something better than "day1" and not piss off their loyal customers. if you gave ms your money on day1 but got the standard edition and do not question it, than clearly you are not thinking straight. you probably don't have any quarrel with this because you got yourself the "day1" edition. please put yourself in some else foot and you'll see what i mean.

Lol 8 years...... thats fucking insane.

I remember seeing a forum post of someone who was actually able to find xbox 360s in stock at a local costco in November..... and my mom not letting me open and play it until Christmas while it sat there bundled with project gotham and another controller....

I was 14 years old. Shit is insane to me. 

i will say it was annoying trying to get my xbox one to have a open nat. The steps i used for 360 did not work. 

tv feature is pretty nice but for some reason it showed hd tv fine but sd it would freeze im not sure if it has to do with mycable box setting being on that it shows normal tv in like non hd. 

i will say it was annoying trying to get my xbox one to have a open nat. The steps i used for 360 did not work.

tv feature is pretty nice but for some reason it showed hd tv fine but sd it would freeze im not sure if it has to do with mycable box setting being on that it shows normal tv in like non hd.
What was it like? Going into the router control panel and doing the type of stuff one would do for the Xbox 360 wasn't cutting it? Like the forward ports or DMZ or whatever? Were you wired or wireless (not sure if this matters cause I've only ever used wired).

But that's the Sony-fanboy way. Which is to spread disinformation and F.U.D. about the competition. Sony does it themselves too, as evidenced by that hilariously immature and deceitful tweet they put out yesterday.
Oh the hypocrisy of this comment. :wall:

I'm going to have to force myself to go to bed right now.  Forza looks absolutely stunning.  Never been a fan of vibration in the controllers but the impulse triggers for Forza are pretty cool.  Also played a bit of Dead Rising.  Still have 4 other launch games to fire up as well :)

The HECK are you going to put in 4.5 TB... REALLY? You would need to download say... 90 games or so, I mean BIG games.
I'm thinking long term. Case in point: I currently have 130 arcade games and over 80 disc-based Xbox 360 games, (and that's not counting the ones I've gotten rid of). I would rather make the investment now, and go big now, to avoid having to swap out again later.

Dat Kinect.

I've never used Kinect in my life.  I was only ever in the same room as one once, and it was at a big house party where people were playing Dance Central, but I wasn't in that living room area till near the end and I was pretty much blacked out at that point and just wanted to go home and make a pizza.  Looked like ti was working perfectly fine and everyone was loving it, two players at once if I remember.

This is the Kinect experience I've been waiting for though.  It's what all my dreams have been about leading up to this console, which is shocking to me cause I loathed the Kinect thing for years.

Not gonna lie, I got quite the erection from saying "Xbox on" and having everything turn on. Dat code reader made me mess my pants.
Haven't gotten to say "xbox on" yet. I've had it on since I got it, and initial power up.

The code reader is sweet.

Not gonna lie, I got quite the erection from saying "Xbox on" and having everything turn on. Dat code reader made me mess my pants.
The code reader is really awesome.

No more coming home from picking up a highly anticipated game just to have to spend 5 minutes entering pre order
codes.

Idk only tried with everything on and off.
I just heard that the IR blaster in the Kinect can't distinguish between what is already off and on so the feature only works when everything is already off or on;

I haven't had a chance to unbox mine and hook it up yet.

Edit:

Leftykins, on 22 Nov 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:
Idk why that would makea difference?

Unless your asking if the Xbox will automatically change the input on the TV?

Makes a big difference as its only useful if you have everything off. You can't be doing something else (i.e. watching TV through your cable box or using a different console and then use that feature to turn the Xbox on because it will shut your TV off (which presumably was already on)

i was shocked how easy it was to set all that up it was able to detect my tv with out me doing anything and same with cable box other then saying my zip code and tv provider. :drool:  i will admit i doudt i use this thing much for tv but all the tech in this thing is pretty dang awsome. One thing i did learn is that the system only stays in stand by mode if you hit power button on system it self if you use turn off system on controller it goes fully dead.

How well does that feature work when your TV is already on?
It will turn the TV off. I will not be having my Xbox control my surround sound or TV. My surround sound is always powered on and my TV can be turned on with my hand because that's how I like to do it.

Well ive had had remotez before that couldnt tell if the item was on or off. So if everything was off but the tv. The power button would turn the tv off and everything else on. So thats why hes curious if it matters.

i was shocked how easy it was to set all that up it was able to detect my tv with out me doing anything and same with cable box other then saying my zip code and tv provider. :drool: i will admit i doudt i use this thing much for tv but all the tech in this thing is pretty dang awsome. One thing i did learn is that the system only stays in stand by mode if you hit power button on system it self if you use turn off system on controller it goes fully dead.

Yeah a lot of the reviews I read said it does a really good job doubling as a TV box just without any real DVR capabilities

Edit: This is going in a secondary room for now but if they can convince me that it could realistically replace an HD Cable Set-top box I'd move it into the living room in a heart beat. Good news is I don't expect miracles and I know MS will certainly work out any kinks.

Haha, and of course this is the first day there's snow where I live :p It looks like White Christmas will be coming early this year! Gonna go to sleep here soon and hopefully my box will be here when I wake up!

my disc drive is fine so far after 4 hours of messing around on system and one game on nba and match on bf4 system running normal knock on wood
It'll be fine. I just was caught off guard by how funny it was. The Xbox boards all over are being absolutely slammed with trolls right now and that was the first thing I saw that actually made me laugh. The rest of it is really predictable and lame.

bread's done
Back